Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

jmf294 Mon 31-Dec-12 20:20:08

Happy new year all!!

I'm struggling to get my head round the news- suddenly remembered what I can't now eat!
Spending tonight on the sofa. I'm feeling exhausted and slightly nauseous all morning.
Was very strange to be back at work today and think that all my plans for the year ahead will hopefully change now!!

corkgirlindublin Mon 31-Dec-12 20:27:48

Hi girls. Delurking after a long time reading mumsnet. Very excited to be pregnant.

Stats are- age30, married, have a 2 year old dd, due date 7th September, only trying for 1 month so a very quick surprise.

I'm from Dublin and rang and got accepted for the domino midwife scheme today which means I get to go to my local clinic or the midwife visits me at home for the whole pregnancy. So no waiting hours in maternity hospital like last time. I want to shout it from the roof tops but will settle for waffling in here smile

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Mon 31-Dec-12 21:04:05

Hello all!

Gosh, this thread has grown in the 5 days I've been away grin

Got a letter in the post today saying I have my first scan next Monday. Was very surprised as according to the doctor's calculations, I'll only be 8+2 weeks so I'm not sure why I'm being offered the scan but I'm definitely pleased as we were considering having a private scan <paranoid>.

Feeling quite low as we told my parents this evening and it went exactly as I thought it would; Mum didn't say a word and Dad muttered a quiet congratulations and started looking at his phone. They adore DS but I knew that they would need time to get use to the news - was hoping I'd have some indication that they were even vaguely pleased though. I did try to tell DP that I'd prefer to wait until 12 weeks to tell them as I couldn't handle a negative reaction but he convinced me that it would be alright as he didn't think they could be that heartless and that it would be a nice way for them to start the new year; he's now absolutely distraught and keeps apologising for thinking it might have been alright.

We've already told PILs as I knew they would be genuinely excited for us (MIL said it was the best Christmas present grin), it just hurts that my own mum couldn't muster a bit of enthusiasm or pleasure for us sad.

jennimoo Mon 31-Dec-12 21:16:33

Weeweewee that's rubbish sad we're keeping quiet for now but I know they're all keen to hear that DC2 is on the way.

My mum got so bad a few months ago with constant comments along the lines of 'when are you having another?' (In public, when I'd been TTC for a while...) that DH 'had a word'. She's staying at the mo and rushed out today to buy non alcoholic lager to make sure she doesn't guess ;)

jm233 Tue 01-Jan-13 09:47:29

WeeWeeWee I feel disappointed for you. Hopefully they won't take long to come around, but it's so understandable for you to feel gutted.. We had to tell two of our friends two days ago as we had new year plans together and no lies would've slid past them! They're the only people who know which feels quite strange!
Anyway, I got to know morning sickness this morning! YIYKES!

amiready Tue 01-Jan-13 12:32:35

Hi everyone. Well AF due today and nothing so far so it seems as though it really is happening. Bit worried about all this chemical pregnancy stuff. Also have barely any symptoms and just feel totally normal - anyone else like that? Just had fun on Amazon though and have bought 3 baby name books and the DVD 'What to expect when you're expecting' and the book "how not to be a perfect mother' all of which look fun. Not sure when to get my hopes up. Anyone getting their hopes up yet?? Keep reading about people who went to their 12 week scan only to find foetus had stopped growing at 5 weeks or something. Just really want to have this baby! My friend actually asked me last night if I was pregnant! Couldn't believe it! Had to um and ahh. Turns out I was asking a few too many questions... Managed to keep the secret though - helps when you're not drinking!

amiready Tue 01-Jan-13 12:33:45

WeeWeeWee - that must be disappointing for you. I wonder why they would be upset? I'm sorry you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for. Here's hoping as the news sinks in they perk up a bit....

kimjayne Tue 01-Jan-13 16:43:41

Hi, i hope you dont mind another new comer to the group? I think I recognise one or two names on here from other chat groups.
I found out I was pregnant at the weekend. Its fair to say we were slightly shocked. We are both really excited but I must admit ... Im terrified! We are due around Sept 8th. And its our first! I am looking forward to the 12 week point when I can start letting our family and friends know the news. Especially considering how hard work it was to get through a New Years party with friends last night. I attempted to hide the obvious signs by passing all my drinks to the other half ... who quickly downed them whilst nobody was looking! Im still not sure we got away with it though.

Anyway, im glad to see Im not the only person on here whos expecting their first. Hopefully im not the only person whos feeling pretty nervous right now?

Anyway, its nice to meet you all. And im looking forward to chatting with you over the coming 8 months. smile

Xx

jmf294 Tue 01-Jan-13 16:52:08

I'm definitely nervous too.
Constantly going to the toilet expecting the worse and just hoping I make it to 6,8,12 weeks etc.
Although I've been pregnant twice before that doesn't make it easier.

We have not told anyone- my husbands mother had already declared that she didn't want any more grandchildren- how rude!!
Not sure what my mothers reaction will be.
At the moment I'm really enjoying it being our special secret- t

jmf294 Tue 01-Jan-13 16:54:29

Oops posted before I'd finished.

I was going to say that I have told one dear friend in the US and my online bump buddies from last time.

Sorry to hear your families reaction WeeWeeWee- hope they show more enthusiasm soon.

Wishing you all a happy New Year!!

amiready Tue 01-Jan-13 17:53:31

we just watched the DVD 'what to expect when you're expecting'. Was in tears the whole time for some reason - even though it's not even that sad! Must be the hormones...also getting those nobbly bits round the nips. Nice to have some symptoms.....did another test today - still positive! Just wish we could tell people!!

Kimjayne - are you nervous about the pregnancy going ok, or about being a mum when it's born? Or both? I was worrying that I would mc, but today I was in the bath and just felt happy and that what will be will be.....
My biggest worry at the mo is work and my contract....just really hope they cut me a fair deal - it's been five months!

corkgirlindublin Tue 01-Jan-13 19:10:04

I'm really nervous about miscarrying too. I have had several friends lose baby's under awful circumstances over the last few months. I think it's made me way more conscious particularly about still births etc. I think I was quite naive on my first pregnancy. Hopefully all our little beans are sticky ones wink

kimjayne Tue 01-Jan-13 19:22:47

AmIready- thats mad. We watched the same film this afternoon on pay per view.

You asked what I might be worried about. To be honest its really just knowing im so out of control throughout my pregnancy but mainly during child birth. I am obviously really excited but im a little over whelmed by nerves right now. I also worry every time i get a tummy ache incase theres something wrong. Luckily my husband is fairly relaxed which helps keep me calm. I guess I just wanted to make sure it was normal to feel anxious at such an early stage?

I know what you mean about telling friends and family. I cant wait until that bit. Then it will really feel real.

Have you started to nitice any other symptoms yet? Morning sickness etc?

X

kimjayne Tue 01-Jan-13 19:26:07

Amiready - forgot to say, I 100% agree with you about worrying about telling work/my boss. Are you in a full time job?

jennimoo Tue 01-Jan-13 19:46:36

corkgirl I'm much more worried this time. I've known some people have a rough time of it so realise second time how much more precious a healthy baby at the end actually is.

I'm tired and gassy but not really nauseous yet. It started last time at 5+6 and I'm 5+2 today, so will try and enjoy my Xmas chocs in the next few days ;)

CarrieJayne Tue 01-Jan-13 20:16:14

Hi Ladies, been lurking for a couple of days, thought I'd say hello! grin Got my BFP on 30th Dec so still v early days... Due around 8th Sept (I think), this is my first time so already stressing! Sort of wish I hadn't found out so early as it's even longer to wait until scans etc., just keeping everything crossed that bean is healthy and stays that way. What's the earliest you are telling people, as at only four weeks now it seems too soon, although I'm bursting to tell everybody already!?

kimjayne Tue 01-Jan-13 20:31:38

Hi Carrie Jayne, massive congratulations! Sounds like you found out your news on the same day as us and you are due on (around) the same date as us too! Its nice to see theres plenty of people in tge same boat and feeling the same emotions and anxieties.

CarrieJayne Tue 01-Jan-13 21:03:43

Thanks Kim Jayne, congrats to you too! Have you told anyone yet?? I've got a hen weekend at the end of Jan so not sure how I'm going to get out of drinking... Esp as they know I'm trying!

jennimoo Tue 01-Jan-13 21:17:42

We're keeping it quiet for now. Planning to pay for a scan at about 7 weeks and if all is well tell the grandparents. We were over excited with DD and told them all at 5 weeks...

Starfishkiss Tue 01-Jan-13 21:28:47

Hi Carriejane, I told my 2 best friends today, and I'm only 5/6 weeks. I really wanted to tell someone and the way I figured it is that I would want their support should I have a miscarriage so there was no reason not to tell them.
It feels really nice to have shared it with them! grin

Gatorade Tue 01-Jan-13 21:39:20

Hi Carriejane, when to tell people is a difficult one! With DD I told family after the 12 week scan and others after 20 weeks (she was becoming impossible to hide by then).

I'll probably book a private scan for 7/8 weeks (i need to see a heart beat!) and private 12 week too this time, if I'm feeling vaguely confident after the 12 week scan and bloods I might tell people a bit earlier on this time.

CarrieJayne Tue 01-Jan-13 22:26:07

Thanks everyone, too eager, going to book a private for end of Jan. thanks for the advice!

jm233 Wed 02-Jan-13 10:18:05

I would so love an early scan (nosey impatient person) but hubby is of a much more chilled out variety and thinks we should just wait for the 12 week! Felt so so sick yesterday at about 5am, but it never came back- has anyone else had that?
Having watching BBC breakfast this morning I excitedly ordered the 'Bumpology' book by Linda Geddes- I've been loving all my preggy books!

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Wed 02-Jan-13 10:34:10

Thanks everyone, it's good to have somewhere to be excited about being pregnant, even if the rest of the world don't know yet! or care in my parents' case

Jm233 Hope your morning sickness is bearable. I have waves of nausea (worse when I haven't eaten for awhile that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ) but this time round I'm actually pleased as it's reassuring me that something's happening.

amiready They've always been pretty rubbish at processing/showing emotions so it wasn't too much of a surprise but poor DP couldn't understand it at all. Ah well, he spoke to PILs about it and they were horrified - they wanted to come over immediately and make a big fuss so at least one set of GPs is happy!

jmf292 I'm the same! Every time I go to the loo, there's a heartstopping moment where I expect the worst. This pregnancy is going to be very tiring if the paranoia doesn't stop (and I don't expect it will). I would've thought that first pregnancies would be more stressful but reading on here (and in my case too) it seems not to be the case.

gatorade are you not offered a 12 week scan anyway? (not sure where you are grin)

Whyriskit Wed 02-Jan-13 10:50:17

Hi all, mind if I join? I had a bfp on Hogmanay so all being well we'll meet DC3 on Sept 11th!
Bit surprised as i was on the pill but we were planning to start ttc #3 soon anyway.
Will be under consultant care as 2 previous emcs + DS2 has a heart condition so will need fetal cardio stuff. V excited but despite it only being 2.5 yrs since i was last preg I can't remember anything....

This thread is not accepting new messages.