Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

jennimoo Sat 29-Dec-12 15:35:31

Well done spanishlady! As DD was early I guess I have a good chance of being first to pop ;)

jm233 Sat 29-Dec-12 16:06:47

Spanishlady I got my bfp on Christmas day too!

Starfishkiss Sat 29-Dec-12 17:03:05

Thanks a lot for that

Starfishkiss Sat 29-Dec-12 17:07:47

Sorry pressed wrong button
!
Thanks a lot for that spanishlady!

Just a quick question for those of you also on your 2nd pregnancy, do your breasts really really hurt when your DC cries - like the pain before the let-down when your first was a baby?
It's agony as my DS is in that Crying and tantrumming at everything stage!
Even more, I'm scared I'm going to start leaking! hmm

jennimoo Sat 29-Dec-12 17:11:52

I'm BFing DD so mine are probably different! A few twinges but I haven't noticed it being when she cries. Will look out for it though.

Belvedere Sat 29-Dec-12 19:10:40

Hello, I too got a BFP on Christmas Day. All been a bit of a shock for us and the other half is still in shock! I'm 33 and this is my first, I am really excited but also really nervous till my scan. Eeek. When is everyone telling their families?

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sat 29-Dec-12 19:33:42

we've told my parents and ILs. Figure we'll take the rough with the smooth. But no siblings or grandparents or friends etc.
That can all happen if once I reach 12 weeks!

Gatorade Sat 29-Dec-12 20:14:40

Evening all, just checking in as I got my bfp this morning.

As for my stats, I'm 28, married, this will be my third pregnancy, one surviving DD who is just over 10 months old, I'm due around 10th September. We seem to be rather fertile as this is the 3rd time around I have ended up pregnant in the first month of trying.

I'm here in a cautious capacity as my first pregnancy ended in a 'miscarriage' at 20 weeks, most likely due to a congenital heart defect (my DS had Down's syndrome which was detected during the 12 week scan and confirmed via CVS so we knew there were problems but we didn't expect to lose him).

Luckily DD is fit and healthy, although my pregnancy wasn't straight forward as I was hospitalised with HG on a number of occasions, and then pregnancy induced hypertension. DD was born by emergency section after I was induced and her cord prolapsed.

Goodness, reading that back sounds like I am having a real moan...I promise I am delighted to be here!

SpanishLady Sat 29-Dec-12 22:54:13

Hi all!

Starfish, haven't noticed the boob thing though they have swollen up really quickly, it was the only 'symptom' I had in the 2week phase which made me wonder if I might be pregnant. I now also have lower back ache which is new for me.

With my son I started throwing up the week before my period was due/able to test and carried on until about week 25, this time slight nausea but no vomiting yet - hurrah!

Gatorade - happy to meet you and I really hope this pregnancy will be safe and happy for you, I have a friend who had a similar experience to yours with your son and knowing her heartbreak I'm so sorry but send all my best wishes for this pregnancy.

On iPad so will try to update stats ASAP unless someone else can get to it first!

jmf294 Sat 29-Dec-12 23:43:19

Hello all,
Well I didn't expect to find myself in an antenatal club!
I got my BFP this morning and think I am due on 2nd Sept.
We weren't trying- well were just being a bit too lazy with contraception
My stats are:
I am 36,married, live in Herts I have a DS aged 5 and a DD aged 2.
I always wanted DC3 but my husband didn't.
I woke up on Thursday and realised that I was 4 days late- then i though my AF was coming. When it hadn't showed by this morning I bought a test and then had to break the news to be husband- shocked but pleased was his reaction! Bless him!!

Hope we all have healthy uneventful pregnancies!!

catyloopylou Sun 30-Dec-12 00:27:40

Hi everyone. I'm joining the club too. Got my bfp on Christmas eve. It's been really difficult not to tell anyone over Christmas so good to have people to talk to here, especially as I feel slightly superstitious about telling anyone before 20 weeks as I've known so many people mc and am a bit worried, for no real reason, that there may be problems.

I have a DH and a 22month old DS, been TTC for 4 months so really excited, and nervous. I live in north London and seems I'm the granny of the group at 41 (although I look younger!). date calculators suggest due date of 1st Sept. Got GP appointment next week so can double check then. First labour was long and difficult so really not looking forward to it this time and am trying to ignore that aspect of it all for as long as possible, but first pregnancy was uneventful with few symptoms apart from feeling constantly nauseous for first trimester.

Only symptoms so far are feeling more hungry and thirsty than usual. which probably explains why my jeans feel a bit tight already!

MeanMrsMustard Sun 30-Dec-12 13:01:23

Hi - Can I join too?
I got my bfp on the 19th. it was our first month of trying and I was in total shock. I swing from being over excited and paranoid at what can go wrong. I'm still trying to find that healty balance.
I think i'm actually due at the very end of August, but with a matter of days in it I was wondering if I could stay here?

So, my stats - I am 31, married, ttc 1 month, first pregnancy. We live in North London.

I have had a few mild symptoms I think - weeing a lot, slight sickness, cramps and stretching. I've lost weight recently and my boobs got smaller, but I think they may be getting bigger again. Its hard to tell!

Caty, do you mind telling me which hospital you had your first child? and would you reccommend it?

CurrerBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:36:54

<sidles in the door cautiously>

Hi Ladies. Can I join in? Got my third BFP in as many days so cautiously believing it now!

CurrerBelle, 31, BFP 28 Dec, EDD 6th September, DC2
Jennimoo, 31, BFP 21 Dec, due date 1st September, DC2
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers, 32, due date 1st September, DC1
Rosiechoice, 30, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
Starfishkiss, 27, BFP 27th Dec, due date 2nd September, DC2
Emma290, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
SGJ, due date 3rd September, DC2
Legoboat, BFP 22nd Dec, due date 4th September, DC2
jm233, 26, BFP ?, due date 7th September, DC1
SpanishLady, 38, BFP Christmas Day, due date 8th September, DC2
IBelieveInPink, BFP 28th Dec, due date 9th September, DC1
Preposterashypothesis, 27, BFP 23rd Dec, due date?, DC2

SGJ Sun 30-Dec-12 14:21:34

Brilliant!! Looks like you can be the one who - in 9 months time - collates the baby stats list! Rosie - I think I know what you mean about stretching and it being uncomfortable - I've taken to sitting on the floor as I can stretch my legs right out and not compress my insides sitting on the sofa. Probably isn't helping that I've been scoffing Christmas food for a week now!

SGJ Sun 30-Dec-12 14:23:31

The 'brilliant/collating stats' bit above was for Spanishlady - am simply a dumb dumb who hadn't clicked on to the next page before writing a post...

Rosiechoice Sun 30-Dec-12 15:24:13

Wow the list is growing already! Thanks SGJ I'm hoping its ok, it's more at night than in the day, so far I've felt ok through the day just a bit achey and tired etc at night. Im meeting my friend who's due in 6weeks tonight, get to see the nursery, so exciting!!

islingtongirl Sun 30-Dec-12 15:25:31

Hi! I'm due end August but may be September so may join you ladies if that's ok? MeanMrsMustard I live in North London too! I chose UCH as our hospital

MeanMrsMustard Sun 30-Dec-12 17:13:21

Hi Islingtongirl (I'm Islington too). I hadn't thought of UCH (not that Ive done much research!). My local is the Whittington, which looks like it has a good birthing centre. The Royal Free is reasonably close too. I'm not that sure what my options are/ how much choice I get to be honest. Doctors appointment isn't until the 8th (I'll only be 7 weeks at that point!) so I'm a bit uninformed. Was there anything in particular that made you opt for UCH?

amiready Sun 30-Dec-12 21:41:28

hello all! Can I join? got my BFP two days ago on 28th. Still due my af which would technically be Tuesday - first month ttc - only dtd twice and here we are! Lots of fun. Just really hoping everything works out ok. Haven't even got a contract with work yet or anything so worried about that - going to bring it up with them this week - but not tell them obviously. Not really having any symptoms except going to the loo. Nothing else really! I'm 34, I think I'm due around 9th Sept? Not sure exactly. Going to ring GP to make appt sometime this week. Just seem to be playing a waiting game at the moment? My first milestone to reach is 7 weeks, I think then it will feel a bit more real. We've not told anyone in RL yet. Really wish I could.

amiready Sun 30-Dec-12 21:42:05

oh - and it's our very first one!

catyloopylou Sun 30-Dec-12 22:38:15

MeanMrsMustard, I went to the Whittington. I looked at the Royal Free & North Middlesex (UCLH doesn't allow one to look around) also, but chose the whitt as they had a lovely birth big centre which I wanted to use (and did get to use for an hour or so!), and community ante-natal appointments. Also could drive to scan appointments and some on street parking, which is more difficult at RF and almost impossible at UCLH.

But the post labour ward at the Whitt is a horrible old fashioned 30 bed ward (or so it seems), and really not nice to have to stay in for long; I was in 4 nights.

On the other hand my GP recently had a baby and went to UCLH so I may consider it this time. Friends who had complications in pregnancy went to UCLH.

I would definitely recommend visiting the hospitals before you make a final decision. You don't have to go to the hospital you initially choose for scans etc; I think you can change up until the last month if the hospital agrees.

I initially thought I'd go to the Whittington again but not sure now I'm thinking about it again.

CamomileHoneyVanilla Mon 31-Dec-12 14:10:01

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all - very excited on behalf of all of us!

Can I join you please. I'm 30 and from N.E. Essex. About 5 weeks and due 1st September with DC1.

Like a couple of others this has come as a bit of a (delightful) shock as we'd only just started TTC and were expecting about 6-12 months of trying. Also quite anxious and crossing fingers big time that nothing goes wrong - time seems to have stood still since that BFP. Have our GP appt next week for referrals etc. Far too over-excited at the mo.

smile

Shellywelly1973 Mon 31-Dec-12 16:17:36

Can i join...got bfp yesterday. Due 9 th Sept, my 6 th dc! Dc will range over 24 years! Was ttc but still shocked!
I haven't told anyone in RL,not even dp, still in a bit of shock!!

georgie22 Mon 31-Dec-12 16:45:29

Can I join too? Got bfp today after only a month of trying so feeling very pleased but worried too. This will be dc2 - already have a 2yo dd. No celebratory glass of fizz tonight for me!

MeanMrsMustard Mon 31-Dec-12 16:56:11

Thank you Caty - its very kind of you to share. Your experience of the Whittington seems typical of what I have read. The birth centre is great and the post natal ward a depressing corridor. I will pay it a visit - its walking distance from my house so would be very convenient!
I think I'd find North Middlesex a bit tricky to get to, plus a friend had quite a bad experience there very recently. RF and UCLH both doable though.

I felt quite sick this morning - and very tired all day (even with a big nap at lunch time). I've only just started to perk up.

Congratulations to everyone who has just got their bfp, and happy new year to all!

This thread is not accepting new messages.