Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.
ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.
Sept 2013?(1000 Posts)
Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).
Well. I have just told DP! He didnt freak out! Apparently he is waiting until after the next lot of blood test results before he panics! Im not sure how to take that! Its almost like he is hoping things will go badly!
Don't worry cattpuss - I think there are lots of us who will have a wee panic once we feel things are more definite. Doesn't mean any of us want things to go badly, just that it can be daunting whatever stage your family is at.
Tiredness has struck me today - I've just gone to bed at 8:30!!!
Really hoping to keep the sickness away for a while longer.
Fingers crossed. I was feeling really grot last week, but Im not actually convinced it wasnt viral. My Mum had the lurgy over christmas. How I feel now is much more in line with how far along I am. Sore achy boobage, decidedly squiffy feeling stomach and no appetite. Have gone off chocolate and coke!
I had that dildo-cam when I was having fertility treatment before DC1 - to be honest it really wasn't that bad, certainly not painful or anything. It was more the thought of it really. It helped that my gynae was lovely and really funny.
Symptom-wise tiredness and hunger so far. I've had quite a lot of cramping which I remember well from the last pregnancy (given that it was only a year ago that I was at this stage!). No sore boobs yet either, although last time this started on the say I skipped AF.
I'll join the knickercam campaign - I've had some light spotting but only when wiping (this happened through the first trimester in last PG too) so I'm constantly checking for anything more scary...
Oh my god. I don't know if any of you have maybe seen it on Facebook, but I just watched a 4 minute video of a mother beating and kicking her toddler. I have never seen anything so awful. The little boy is crying and screaming, she is sat next to it ever so often beating him with a cushion/ pinching/ slapping/ kicking him. I am truly traumatised. And who's filming it?!?
trying to rub image out of my eyes. Being pg compilers me to read/ watch anything with the word 'baby' in it. I really really regret that.
Ahmmm... Compilers is not a real word... I'm going to stop typing things now. Hope everybody has a happy Friday!
Jm233- that sounds awful- who would put that on fb. I am sure it will get removed.
Sorry work is rubbish LexyMa- hope you can find a new role as you boss sounds an idiot.
Well done for telling you DH cattpuss- he's just going to have to get used to it!!
Welcome to this huge list flipflop!
I have been attacked by pregnancy brain when out driving- goings round roundabouts several times as not being able t work out where I am going, going the wrong way to work!
I have got an early scan booked for the morning- scared now and imagining the worse. I think I am 6+5 so hoping to see a heart beat.
Hope all you ladies are are still using the clear blue indicator sticks get good results - I have given up now after 4 tests- all a marketing con to make you buy more!!!
Have a Good weekend!!
jmf294 good luck tomorrow - let us know how you get on.
Did you get stuck on 2-3 weeks? Those things freak me out. Have been too scared to try!
Purple, I'm putting my spotting down to a cervical erosion. I was checked out down below for random spotting, and dx with one last spring. Apparently, pregnancy hormones can make them very sensitive. Tmi
sorry but mine seems to spot after a bowel movement! I'm constipated ATM so it's a bit crowded down there! obviously ill get it checked out when I next see the GP, but I've kind of accepted it!
Hey jmf I'm 6+5 today too and have a scan on Monday!
All the best!!
jmf good luck tomorrow, how exciting!
creamtea can't believe your friends, are you the first to have a baby in the group?
No symptoms here really, some cramping and look bloated, but that's it. Does anybody else find their cramping is worse in the evenings?
Also, anyone have any tips on getting out of drinking at a hen weekend? It's a family member so can't feign illness, and they know we are trying so don't think the antibiotics route will work.... Kinda hoping to try to stay in the background and tip my wine in the plant pots... Any better suggestions would be great!
How is everyone feeling? I'm getting a bit more confident as the days go on but golly it feels like I must be further on then 5+4, surely?!
I know! Can't believe it's still so EARLY! How can it possibly be!! Still totally in the danger zone. 25th Feb, roll on roll on!
Just lots of windy pops here!
Went out tonight and everyone was gorging on the mussels and kept asking me why I wasn't having any!! I LOVE mussels!
CarrieJayne - is there anyone going who you could confide in? between the two of you maybe you could switch drinks from.time to time? that's what I plan to do at my next (unavoidable) big night out. There's no way of me getting out of it either as its my bday. With the mussels, maybe just say you ate too many of them over xmas? that's my excuse with most things at the moment! Soft cheese, Paté etc!
Good thinking kimjayne, both of my sisters will be there... One knows already so that could work.... DH and I are currently using the excuse of a dry January but not sure that will wash at a Hen do!
Hi all, can I join? Got my first bfp on Wednesday but v v faint. Just tested again and got a nice clear one, yay! Period not due till tomorrow though, so it's still very early days. EDD is 23 Sept.
I also don't have many symptoms - this is our second and I had almost none last time, just tiredness and massive appetite. This time I am noticing the less obvious signs like crazy dreams and stuffy nose.
Re getting out of drinking, last time I once pretended to be 'recovering from a tummy bug' to get out of drinking at a bday party and it worked but might not cut the mustard for a hen do? Also lying is bloody difficult, as soon as I am pg I feel like it is written on my forehead!
Good luck to all, am off to read the rest of this huge thread!
Amiready I ate mussels last time around, the current guidelines say that shellfish is fine if cooked through (ie not raw like oysters I guess...)
Stuffy nose and night time sore throat as a result here.
anyone else find they feel most sick around 5am to 8am? If so, have you come across anything that eases it? I've tried keeping some ginger biscuits next to the bed to nibble on. I would give my right arm for a lie in right now..... maybe this is my bodies way of prepare me for the early morning wake ups when the tiny one arrives!
oh and welcome ClareyCazlet! big congrats.
I still haven't had any sickness (although I've got a box if raisins in my bedside drawer just in case). I think today is going to be a symptomless day, boobies feeling very normal. Didn't ever think that I would be so keen to feel unwell!
Carrie- having an 'in' person is the best thing you can do. Get them to make you G&T's sans gin and schloer instead of prosecco! That's how I got through new year!
I had yet another filthy dream in the early hours... this time it involved the new boy in Silent Witness. He was tender and yet... masterful
I keep dreaming I have alcohol by mistake! Ie last night I had some sort of pineapple cocktail. Before that it's been a variety of other drinks. I always regret it in my dream after a frenzy of boozing.
Booze isn't even my vice of choice!
Woohoo! I feel sick as a dog today!
When I woke up and left for work, I was feeling marvellous! No symptoms at all. This worries me shitless! now I'm set up and sitting still, the nausea is coming over me in waves! I'm hungry, but I can't face anything, and I'm bloody ecstatic!
I'm worried I'm not eating enough, --something I never though I'd say, but OTOH, I'm a fat bird so got plenty in reserve!
I know I dream weird things because I wake up confused or worried but then I forget so I have no clue what I was actually dreaming about
Have drs on wed to register there (new drs), so will ask about booking in appts and midwives then
Hope we're all well. I'm so glad for the weekend! This first week back has done the job of keeping me from google and obsessive behaviour, but it has left me pretty tired. Over the past week I've started to feel sick in the mornings which is not fun, although in the scheme of things I don't think I've had it too bad.
I got a text from the maternity ward this morning giving me my first appointment for a week today. Im glad its a saturday So I won't have to give any excuses to work. I'll be 9 weeks. I might still book an early scan depending on the wait for my scan at uclh. I am desperate to have viability confirmed!
I'm off out with my mum today. She's been away since Xmas so not telling her had been easy up till now. I am crap with secrets so will have to be on best behaviour.
Hope all is progressing well with all of you and you're enjoying the weekend.
This thread is not accepting new messages.
Please login first.