Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

kipsonline Wed 09-Jan-13 23:03:37

Just noticed typos, whoops ! Meant to say, age = 35, if need that info too

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 23:05:35

<<Squeezes Kips hand>> well done!
Im yet to tell my DP. Ive got a second beta hCG test tomorrow to check my hormone levels are rising properly. If that comes back ok then Ill spill. We will have the whole denial, anger, acceptance thing too. Im not looking forward to it! sad

Manoodledo Wed 09-Jan-13 23:27:50

Kipsonline, I am expecting a very unplanned 3rd too. Have 2 DS aged 6 and 3. Same EDD as you too. We've had a little time to get used to the idea as we've known pretty much from the point of conception, ahem, if that's not TMI. DH is accepting but far from excited...

Celosia Thu 10-Jan-13 05:54:13

Kipsonline, congratulations!! Going from 2 to 3 is easier than 1 to 2 in my experience. The new baby will just fit in to your existing routine, they sort of have to! I had 3 under 3 years. Now I have 4, expecting number 5...... My big ones are 10, 9, 7 and 5.

jmf294 Thu 10-Jan-13 06:40:29

Kipsonline- well done for telling your DH!!
I am also having a surprise 3rd!
I was suspecting I was late so i did a test that obviously came up positive and 2-3 so then I had to tell him. Felt sick for 1/2 hour then blurted it out!!!
He was shocked but had come round to the idea!!!

I had looked at my 2 children in the last few months sitting together and thought number 3 is missing - but now they are hopefully on the way I wonder how I will cope. My older child had type 1 diabetes that is a lot of looking after day and night, I work full- time- pretty stressful/ responsible NHS job and the cost of 3- yikes!!!
But I so do want this so will have to learn how to make it work.

Kittenkatzen Thu 10-Jan-13 07:26:13

Well done kips, I think "we'll make it work" is a good enough place to start - I'm sure he'll come round to it in the next 7 months smile

Well I'm 5 weeks today and still firmly in the no symptoms camp. Except ditziness. Did get my 2-3 result on a CBD yesterday though so I'm pretty happy with that for now.

Whyriskit Thu 10-Jan-13 07:39:53

Well done kips & glad it wasn't a negative reaction fron your DH. V similar to mine, same age as you, same age of children....and I was on the pill! DS2 has a heart defect not detected prenatally, needed emergency surgery at 10 days old, so obviously I'm very anxious about this one!

badguider Thu 10-Jan-13 09:12:34

Off to the docs at 10:40 this morning. I'm a newbie at all this so no idea what's going to happen!
Have looked out the patient info leaflet for the only prescription meds I take and it seems ok to keep taking if necessary.
Am away skiing on the 12th week (if all goes ok till then) so interested to see when my scan might be.

Creamtea1 Thu 10-Jan-13 10:50:58

Hi purple! What a shock but lovely news! a smaller age gap means they will be playmates and best if friends smile

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 10-Jan-13 11:06:47

Hi purple we are due on the same day!

4+4 today and was woken for the first time in the night to pee and boobs still sore but not so much when wearing a bra. Keep getting aches and pains in my tummy it's all over the place not just confined to one area so hoping this is normal!? No sickness as yet so trying to make the most of it.

Is anyone else still on pant watch? I've got a little better over the last few days but still worry when I feel something but turns out to be CM sorry tmi.

andadietcoke Thu 10-Jan-13 11:18:36

jemima yes, definitely on knicker watch, and can't see that stopping any time soon. On my mc thread we used to talk about inventing a knicker cam - can definitely see the appeal!

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 10-Jan-13 11:34:22

I'm with you on knicker watch! I've got a cervical erosion which is prone to spotting, so I'm driving myself insane worrying everytime I see it! I had my second rising HCG test today, so ill at least find out if that is rising then something is happening! hopefully

Ladies, girls, wuman, what ever you like to be called. Is there a no no about certain essential oils? Tweaked my neck whilst sleeping last night and I was gonna put my wheaty bag on it but I think it's got stuff in it.

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 10-Jan-13 12:11:22

Glad it's not just me! Knicker cam sounds a great idea andadietcoke ... Not so much if someone got hold of it though blush.

Are either of you getting any twinges in the general tummy area?

Glad your levels are going up catpuss good to put your mind AF rest. I did 4 hpt every other day until AF due as got BFP 9dpo so
wanted to check haven't done any since though.

LotsaTuddles Thu 10-Jan-13 12:13:26

I'm on knicker watch too blush, don't see it ending anytime soon though

badguider Thu 10-Jan-13 13:04:54

First midwife appt and scan booked - yikes!
mw appt is 30th Jan and scan (if all goes well) 4 March.

I am going skiing the week before the scan so will have to tell the friends we're staying with as they'll expect me to be knocking back the red wine and french cheeses as usual - but they're all very old friends (some with past conception problems) so they'll be understanding about keeping schtum.

When are you all planning to tell anybody? I'm thinking of maybe telling the parents around the mw appt - which would be 8.5wks.

I want to keep it quiet from work clients (am self employed) till well after 12 weeks, ideally closer to 20 if possible, but it's tricky as some friends cross over with work colleagues..

jm233 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:27:44

Yellow Hat- you are recommended to avoid essential oil completely in first 12 weeks. There are some oils you're allowed later on but evidently a 'no no' during first tri.

jm233 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:31:27

I'm going to (just as soon as I can talk myself into it) put on my new Tara Lee preggy Yoga DVD. Quite excited for it, it's supposed to be great!

Wibblytummy Thu 10-Jan-13 13:37:42

Have seen such mixed advice with Essential Oils girlwithyellowhat that I just avoid them myself. Could you wrap a hot water bottle up and rest your neck on that?

I'm hoping to hold on to 12 weeks to tell most people badguider but think I may have to tell my Dad. We are staying with him for the next few days and not sure I can hide the exhaustion and nausea very well. That and I'm down with a rotten flu and he'll be trying to push all sorts of medicines at me, having been drumming up ideas as to why I can't have day and night nurse... But am stumped.

Kittenkatzen Thu 10-Jan-13 14:02:57

I have been worrying about the essential oil thing too as I'm booked for a spa day next week. Will have to make sure I mention it to the girl doing my facial and ask her to use unscented stuff I guess.

We thought we might have to tell a couple of people straight away for various reasons, but luckily we've been able to avoid it. I think we'll end up having to tell my best friend when I'm 8wks as she lives right around the corner and we're supposedly doing dry January and a diet together...I'm fine for now but my excuse runs out come Feb! We might end up telling parents then too, but nobody else until after the scan I hope. Won't be mentioning at work until I have to.

SpanishLady Thu 10-Jan-13 14:10:20

had a go at updating us!

Weeweeweeallthewayhome, 26, BFP 23rd Dec, EDD Aug 18th, DC1
Islingtongirl, EDD end of August
MeanMrsMustard, 31, BFP 19th Dec, EDD end of Aug, DC1
loubeebaby, 32, BFP 23rd Dec, EDD 30th Aug, DC1
batfuttocks Bfp 17/12/12 dc3 edd 31/8/13
GirlWithTheYellowHat, 29, BFP 31st Dec, EDD 1st September, DC2
Cartyloopylou, 41, BFP Christmas Eve, EDD 1st September, DC2
Jennimoo, 31, BFP 21 Dec, due date 1st September, DC2
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers, 32, due date 1st September, DC1
Jmf294, 36, BFP 29th Dec, EDD 2nd September, DC3
Sheeplikesleep, EDD 2nd September, DC3
Rosiechoice, 30, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
Starfishkiss, 27, BFP 27th Dec, due date 2nd September, DC2
Emma290, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
LexyMa, 33 until Feb , BFP 22Dec, DC2, EDD 03/09/13
SGJ, due date 3rd September, DC2
TotalShock, 34, BFP Christmas Day, Edd 03/09/13
Manoodledo, EDD 4th September, DC3
Kipsonline, 35, EDD 4th September, DC3
Legoboat, BFP 22nd Dec, due date 4th September, DC2
Creamtea1, BFP 28 Jan, EDD 5th September, DC3
BelleEtLaBete, 31, BFP 28 Dec, EDD 6th September, DC2
Corkgirlindublin, 30, EDD 7th September, DC2
jm233, 26, BFP Christmas Day, due date 7th September, DC1
Kimjayne, 29, BFP 29th/30th Dec, EDD 7th September, DC1
CarrieJayne, 30, BFP 30th Dec, EDD 8th Sept, DC1
SpanishLady, 38, BFP Christmas Day, due date 8th September, DC2
Badguider, 36, BFP 7 Jan, due date 8th September, DC1
CamomilleHoneyVanilla, 30, EDD 9th September, DC1
Shellywelly1973, BFP 30th Dec, EDD 9th September, DC6
amiready, 34, BFP 28th Dec, EDD 9th September, DC1
Kittenkatzen, 33, BFP New Years Day, due date 10th September, DC1
Gatorade, 28, BFP 29th Dec, EDD 10th September, DC2
Poonli, EDD 10th September, DC1
whyriskit, BFP 31st Dec, EDD 11th September, DC3
andadietcoke BFP 30/12/12 DC1 EDD 13/9/13
dorapeppageorgenoddy, 33, bfp 7th Jan EDD 13th September
PoppettyPing, 29, EDD 13 September, DC1
LotsaTuddles, BFP 6th Jan, EDD 13th September, DC1
Daisy299, BFP 4th Jan, EDD 13th September, DC1
Wibblytummy, EDD 13th September
HettySunshine, 33, BFP 5 Jan, EDD 14 September, DC1
Wincher, 32, BFP 2nd Jan, EDD 14th Sep, DC2
jemimahpuddleduck BFP New Years Day, DC1, EDD 15/09/13
SausageChipsGravy, BFP 7th Jan, EDD 15th September, DC2
Purplelooby, 32, BFP 6th Jan, EDD 15th September, DC2
MummyOfPrawn, 26, BFP 4th Jan, EDD 16th Sept (approx), DC2 (DS1 18 months)
TripleRock, BFP 9th Jan, EDD 22nd September, DC2
Preposterashypothesis, 27, BFP 23rd Dec, due date?, DC2
Belvedere, BFP Christmas Day, EDD?, DC1
georgie22, BFP 31st Dec, EDD?, DC2
Rosyisgonnabeamummy, 27, BFP 1/01/13 due early September. (Tbc)
CatPusRoastingOnAnOpenFire, 37, BFP 6th Jan, EDD (TBC), DC3
Blanketsandpillows, 30, EDD (TBC), DC1
Celosia, 40, EDD (TBC), DC5

SpanishLady Thu 10-Jan-13 14:11:40

sorry if I missed it but Camomille - any news - are you ok?

Hello, I would like to tentatively join you. BFP 2 days ago after TTC for 2 years, and I reckon my EDD will be 18 Sept. This will hopefully be DC2, have 1 DD who's 3. Oh and I'm 29 for the momment. smile

amiready Thu 10-Jan-13 15:19:32

Blooming Nora but that is a long list - for a moment I couldn't see myself and thought I'd been dropped! Thanks Spanish Lady, you seem to know the list tricks!
Kittenkatzen no symptoms here either! I'm a few days ahead of you - and feel fine! Have had lots of people tell me that's normal though - so really hoping all is well.
As for pants watch - my CM seemed to go away for a while but now has come back a little. Do we get it all the way through does anyone know?
Went to GP today and he didn't do all that much - but hopefully he is efficient with his referrals and it goes off today! Eek! Can't wait for scan day!
Supposed to be doing my tax return but somehow mumsnet is way more exciting at the moment!
Oh yes - I wanted to ask those of you who get your hair coloured, what you were planning to do for the first trimester? I have terrible grey roots.....

MummyOfPrawn Thu 10-Jan-13 15:52:38

Wow, this group is getting huge! I guess there was lots of festive hankypanky going on for us!

It's nice to see more laidies joining up who have nearly the same due date as me (16th Sep ish).

I'm booked in with my first midwife appointment on Monday and I'm very excited. Sadly, DH can't come along though too. My LMP was way back in October so rumour has it I'll have to have the dreaded 'dildo cam' to give me a provisional dating before the 12 week scan. Has anybody had this before? Scared.

Just going to POAnotherS because it still hasn't sunk in that I'm preggers. 2 positive tests just aren't enough proof, seemingly!

Still no symptoms here but it was the same with DC1. Nothing and then WHAM - horrifically debilitating morning sickness until 20 weeks. I'm going to enjoy these last few days before the storm.

This thread is not accepting new messages.