Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 20:09:35

This thread is great. Lots of different symptoms, levels of affliction, plenty of people to compare with! I feel like I have nervous butterflies ATM! Anyone else feeling this?

SausageChipsGravy Wed 09-Jan-13 20:11:50

Hello ladies. Mind if I pull up a pew?

Got a BFP on Monday and another yesterday and today! Still can't quite believe it! So think I'm due 15-18th Sept.

We have a DS who was 2 in October, so looking forward to having a newborn again.

Haven't read the whole thread, so congrats to all of you who have announced your happy news before me!

andadietcoke Wed 09-Jan-13 20:14:06

catpuss you forgot envy for anyone with higher levels of affliction, even if they're really miserable.

No butterflies for me, sorry! Unless they're gargantuan eat-everything-in-sight butterflies...

SausageChipsGravy Wed 09-Jan-13 20:22:46

andadietcoke - I am also eating everthing I can lay my hands on. The reason I first guessed I was preggers is becasue I woke up in the middle of the night desperate for food! It was just the same last time!

TripleRock Wed 09-Jan-13 20:27:14

Hi Sausage , I only joined this thread today as well but thought I would say 'hi' as my DD was 2 in October as well <waves>

Congratulations on your BFP and here's to another Autumn baby!

jm233 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:29:25

Boobs have now officially outgrown my fav McPherson bras- I spotted a 'four boob' in the mirror today!!! I am concerned as to quite how big they plan to get as I'm only 5+4.

andadietcoke Wed 09-Jan-13 20:30:05

sausage how long does it last?! In don't normally finish my meals and now I'm having dessert and then after dinner snacks as well!

Kittenkatzen Wed 09-Jan-13 20:30:34

Awww kimjayne your DH sounds lovely smilesmile

catpuss I'm with you on the butterflies feeling!

Kittenkatzen Wed 09-Jan-13 20:33:27

Oh and I'm eating everything in sight too - in fact I just had leftover Indian takeout for dinner and now I'm munching my way through a massive bowl of cheesy puff crisps blush

Maybe we can change the thread to a weight loss thread in 9 months time confused

Wibblytummy Wed 09-Jan-13 20:39:27

Oh dear, made the mistake of watching the first few minutes of Food Inspectors, lost my dinner, watched the link my friend sent to Tom Fletcher's wedding song/speech and can't stop crying. Is nothing safe to watch?! I'm a nauseous sobbing mess...
kimjayne your DH sounds very sweet. A gingerbeer lolly sounds fantastic...

jmf294 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:50:42

I have been feeling so hungry too!

I had joined up to slimming world last month and was losing weight with that.
It's a great plan to follow.
In both my last pregnancies I put on 4+ stone and was left with loads to lose afterwards which was miserable.
I determined not to put on so much this time- maybe need to leave the chocolate fingers alone!!

I got my bras before from m and s- they were really ugly so good to hear better recommendations.

Anyone had their booking in appointment yet?
Mine is next Wednesday.

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 20:57:15

Eew! I started watching the food inspectors! I was just tucking into a pork chop! confused

Seems like I'm bucking the trend again and losing weight. Last time I didn't gain until I was about 36 weeks gone. I was obviously loosing weight but the baby was growing. Hope this happens again!

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 21:17:25

Ill have some of that!! grin I kind of hoped that if I ever did this again I would get the chance to lose a bit of weight before hand!! big fat old trout!

andadietcoke Wed 09-Jan-13 21:28:09

Me too! Last time I was pg I lost 5 lbs in the first week after I found out - sure it was just not drinking!!

Manoodledo Wed 09-Jan-13 21:30:23

Not sure it's a good idea to watch One born every minute. I used to enjoy this smugly thinking, been there, done that, not doing it again.... ha, ha! Can't stand the smell of my house suddenly, bleugh!

Oh yeah, the lack of Strongbow nearly sent me mad but saved my waistline grin

Manoodledo Wed 09-Jan-13 21:32:52

This might seem like an odd question, but for those who have actual morning sickness where they're sick in the morning, do you feel better afterwards? I've always had 24 hr nausea, only occasionally being sick, and always in the evening. Just curious...

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 21:34:33

I've been on glacier fruits, water and cuppasoup this week! I bloody ought to have lost weight! Mind you, feeling better today so I'm not really complaining!

batfuttocks Wed 09-Jan-13 22:03:26

Manoodle, I have the same pattern. Hugely envy those who can throw up as I imagine they get some (albeit brief!) relief from the nausea. For me, it never stops. And if I am sick, its usually night and just a little acid. I just know if I could properly up-chuck I would feel so much better.

As it is, I am about to go to bed early again purely for some respite from this feeling!

amiready Wed 09-Jan-13 22:11:07

Poonli! You found us! Congrats.

Well, how sad am I but stayed behind at work today to try and use the doppler and see if i could hear a heart beat - am only 5+3 so bit crazy I know. Needless to say couldn't hear anything at all. Found my own though! grin

Have my GP appt in the morning - woo too! That's exciting, at least to get something underway.
Still no symptoms. Sigh.
Just made DH watch one born every minute, heh heh heh. He gets a bit squeamish! Good for him to see the reality I think - he thought one of the baby's was covered in a fungus! Ha ha!
Anyway, night all.

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 22:13:46

Was watching with ds16. We got to the bit where the mum and boyfriend were going through the list of weights and hair colours. DS said "mum I can't believe they are betting on what colour the baby will be!" I did chuckle! "It's hair colour you numpty!"

Purplelooby Wed 09-Jan-13 22:49:57

Hello - this is a huge thread already but can I join?

I've had 4 BFPs but haven't believed any... I have a 4.5 month old baby shock who will be less than 13 months when this one is born! Thing is, it took us over 18 months to get PG with DC1 - this time we have had sex one, yes once, since DS was born so I really really don't believe that my body is capable of being PG. Assuming that is is though:

Purpleloobydoo, 32, BFP 6/1/13, EDD 15/9/13, DC2

kipsonline Wed 09-Jan-13 22:58:03

Ok, so the deed has been done. I blurted out the news up DH when he arrived home from work yesterday. He had biked in the cold and rain so I could have the car to get to a hospital appt (to review all my meds, given an 'unexpected conception' as they referred to it) and I couldn't think of any way to say it other than 'I know it isn't what you want but we are expecting another baby and I didn't know how to tell you'... He was shocked and spent a long time wondering 'how'.. I think he might actually be working through the stages of grief now I come to think of it: denial, anger etc let's hope we get to acceptance soon... We have had a 'we'll make it work' discussion but that is as positive as he can be at this stage. Gulp. 7.5 months to adjust to a new 3 DC reality... He'll get there, right???

kipsonline Wed 09-Jan-13 23:02:01

Oh, do can I now be added to the list formally? I have no idea how you fo it, though am on phone, wjich may not help?
EDD 4 sept. East Midlands. 2 DS aged 5 and 2. Reluctant husband!
Am loving hearing from others going from 2 to 3...if only to confirm I'm not mad in wanting more children than parents in the house!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.