Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

Emma290 Fri 28-Dec-12 11:22:10

Hi Guys smile

I am new to MumsNet, I got my BFP Christmas Eve very exciting. My Due Date is the 2nd of September 2013

This is my second pregnancy after having a miscarrige in October at 8 weeks.

Now every ache or pain im freaking out and googling everything. I have my first app with the midwife on the 22/01 which seems so long away. I keep having bad period cramps since i found out my no spotting or blood at all is this normal, is any one else getting this?

So Glad I have found some were to talk to people who are the same stage as me. smile

SGJ Fri 28-Dec-12 14:03:15

I'll hop on board too - due 3rd September though DD was 2 weeks late so I'm not betting any money this one will be on time either!
jennimoo - do I recognise you from a 2010 thread? Congratulations to everyone!
I'm getting the same symptoms as last time though hant even tested at this stage last time so must be recognising them earlier - sore boobs and an unsettled tummy which doesn't feel like nausea so much as hunger.. what a shame! Another mince pie for me!

IBelieveInPink Fri 28-Dec-12 17:17:09

Umm, hi all! <waves sheepishly>. I got my BFP this morning. After a mmc at 8 weeks in October I am absolutely terrified, so may just lurk until I am a bit more sure if that is okay.

emma I am also having cramps, period like. I think this is just things stretching and settling, so I wouldn't worry. However as I mentioned, I am terrified at the moment so being a worry freak over everything!

IBelieveInPink Fri 28-Dec-12 17:18:36

Oh yes, due September 9th. Hopefully. smile

Rosiechoice Fri 28-Dec-12 17:54:47

Hi Emma snap I got my BFP on Christmas Eve and according to an online due date calculator I'm due 2nd September too! We might end up pushing at the same time wink I'm sorry to hear about your mc in October. I'm experiencing cramps on and off too, from what I've read (because this is my 1st pregnancy) it's pretty normal, stay positive!

SGJ I've got the hunger feeling too, I'm trying to resist the urge to eat more though, so far I haven't felt like I'm actually going to be sick, I'm sure that will come soon enough though!

Hi IBelieveInPink congrats! Fingers crossed this time is your time, it's a very strange time, exciting but scary incase anything goes wrong. I know it's easier said than done but try and stay calm.

What are everyone's stats? I was on another thread because I was taking clomid because I wasn't ovulating and we all gave a bit of background information about ourselves, it was quite a nice introduction, so here goes;
Age 30, ttc 14months with no.1, BFP Xmas eve, due 2nd Sept, fell pregnant on 2nd round of clomid

Starfishkiss Fri 28-Dec-12 19:06:27

So lovely to meet lot of other folk in the same position as me! Especially as I can't tell anyone else about it yet!!

Ooh stats, ok then:
I'm 27 yrs old, married, this is my 2nd pregnancy/DC - I already have a 23mth old DS, I wasn't TTC this this little one - they came as a bit of a shock, especially as I took a year to conceive my DS, i am due on the 2nd sept, and got my BFP on the 27th Dec (but knew i was pregnant about 2 weeks before), I live in the East Mids, and I am terrified of labour confused

Oooh so glad someone else has experienced pregnancy mouth ulcers too!!! grin

Rosiechoice Fri 28-Dec-12 19:25:00

Ahh starfishkiss I live in the East Midlands too! Due around the 2nd sept - might meet you in hospital wink what a lovely surprise for you though, it's funny how things work out! Did you have a bad labour with DS? I'm also terrified of labour (I was hoping that's just a natural feeling) but after ttc for so long I'm just concentrating on how brilliant it is at the moment

Starfishkiss Fri 28-Dec-12 19:39:04

Hi Rosie, <waves at Rosie out the window!> grin
Yep I think it is probably normal to be scared of labour but yes I had a bad labour with my DS, and also a scary first week (DS had a stay in hospital via A&E). But onwards and upwards!
Wow you must be so over the moon to finally get a BFP after TTC for so long!

Rosiechoice Fri 28-Dec-12 19:56:03

Eek, well they say every pregnancy (and birth) is different so fingers crossed it'll be ok this time, it must be true that the memory fades then!?! It does sound very difficult though, it must have been so upsetting and scary having your DS spend his 1st week in hospital! Yes, we're absolutely over the moon to finally get a BFP, after about 7 friends announcing they're expecting throughout this time too it has felt like it was never going to happen, it certainly has been a roller coaster ride already smile

jennimoo Fri 28-Dec-12 20:35:09

Hello
I'm 31. Got BFP on 21st dec with DC2 (DD is 2.3) after 6 months trying and due about 1st sept (although DD was 9 days early...)

My labour was fine, I remember it fondly (almost!) so not as worried about that as I am the sleepless nights with a toddler ;)

IBelieveInPink Fri 28-Dec-12 21:11:00

Thanks rosie. It's not really sunk in yet I don't think. I am trying to just ignore it for a bit until I get past a few weeks. But it's hard to ignore with all this cramping going on! Little pink is making itself known already!

Stats, I'm 29, 2nd pg first ended in mmc at 8 weeks. This will be first baby. And I'm in the south west. First pg I had almost no symptoms, so in a weird way im hoping for lots this time! Don't think it necessarily makes a difference, would just feel better if it was different for me. smile

SGJ Fri 28-Dec-12 21:49:55

Rosie, I was never sick once last time, just felt a sort of car sick nausea which is nothing to complain about really.

Stats: I'm 30, married, live in North Essex (NOT the TOWIE bit!!) and got BFP on Christmas morning. Will probably annoy you all to learn it was after about 3 weeks of trying, but having seen my sister try for 6 years (and now 30 weeks pg, YAY!) I know almost firsthand how absolutely gutting ttc can be so big congrats to all those for whom it took a bit longer.

If it reassures anyone, my labour was a total laugh with DD, who was 2 this month. It was a really enjoyable experience.

Also - glad to see there'll be a few of us having babies and toddlers to juggle! Everyone says 2 is easier than 1 but I suspect that's just part of a big ploy to keep the world populated!

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Fri 28-Dec-12 22:29:34

Hi may I join please? Early dildocam scan shows estimated due date might be sept 1 (if this is a viable pregnancy).

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Fri 28-Dec-12 22:47:44

So, stats- am 32 and this is my first BFP. LMP would place me at about seven weeks but because I have a 39 day cycle the early scan puts me at 4 wks + 5 days.
Have not had any morning sickness though have lost my appetite a bit- partly due to the flu I've had for the past few days and partly the terrible heartburn I've been having.
That apart, cramps in my fanjo and some mild stretching on either side of the lower stomach, and sore boobs.
Apparently I'm to have my booking in appointment in jan.

legoboat Sat 29-Dec-12 07:24:42

Hello all. Stats for me are - got bfp 22nd dec, 4 days early so due 4th sept by my reckoning. Am mid 30s and have 4 year old. Had to terminate pregnancy in sep 2012 at 13 weeks due to incompatible with life diagnosis at 12 week scan. They don't know what caused this and think there's a 25% chance of it happening again. Was 2nd month of trying post termination. Am thinking the worst this time then hopefully will be surprised. When i get back from 'holiday' i will contact the hospital as they said to go straight there if i get preg again as i'll be high risk and get lots of scans.

Rosiechoice Sat 29-Dec-12 09:26:31

Thanks for the reassurance SGJ anyone who knows me understands how much I hate being sick so morning sickness isn't something I would 'enjoy' my mum had very little morning sickness so I'm hoping I'll follow in her footsteps!

Welcome Zombie thanks for your stats.

Has anyone else found it uncomfortable to stretch their tummies too much? I moved in bed last night and it hurt, I'm very wary of putting too much strain on my stomach, hope this is normal?

legoboat I hope you have a lovely time away and you get looked after well by the hospital when you get back

Have a lovely Saturday, I'm going for afternoon tea - how civilised! smile

SpanishLady Sat 29-Dec-12 09:40:05

I think I'm due 8 sept. I'm 38 and have a 2 year old son, like SGJ fell preg 1st month (took 2 months with son but was expecting it to be harder this time given my age etc so am very grateful and hope it will be ok) - this time is tinged with about of anxiety has a very good friend is TTC and having a tough time so am dreading telling her.

Got my BFP on christmas morning (gave my dh the test amongst his presents - after cheering did say he wasn't sure a urine covered stick should be classed as his best present!) I live

SpanishLady Sat 29-Dec-12 09:40:27

In Hertfordshire!

Preposteroushypothesis Sat 29-Dec-12 10:10:01

My stats: 27 years old, DD just turned 2 at the beginning of December. Also much less terrified of labour than with dealing with my very strong willed toddler and a newborn with little sleep! I got my BFP on the 23rd and couldn't wait to tell my DP so wrapped a test for my mum on Christmas morning instead!

rosie hopefully you will take after your mum and not get too sick. I was hoping to take after my mum with her quick labours, 5 hours for first and 3 hours for second...no such luck, 27 hours for me!! Other than the length my labour was fine though, water birth and gas and air and totally worth every second! You do forget pretty quickly! The water birth was amazing because the midwife told me to pick her out of the water when she was born so I was the first person to touch her, I'm hoping for that again with this mini prep!

Preposteroushypothesis Sat 29-Dec-12 10:10:24

Oh and I'm in SW London

jennimoo Sat 29-Dec-12 11:57:42

rosie I'm kind of sick a phobic but coped ok with morning sickness. Felt almost permanently pukey but was only sick a handful of times first thing in the morning when I hadn't eaten.

Rosiechoice Sat 29-Dec-12 12:33:53

Thanks ladies! I'll keep my fingers crossed but I feel so lucky to actually be pregnant that I don't mind (although I might not be saying that if I have my head hanging over the toilet)

spanish that is such a good idea! I couldn't have waited from Xmas eve to tell DH, it took everything I had to wait an hour before it was a reasonable hour to wake him up.

jm233 Sat 29-Dec-12 13:54:52

Hi all! Stats are- 26, married, first pg, due on 7th Sep! I've been off the pill since July and I'd say we have been trying 'properly' for 2 months now. I've read what feels like every book and web page on the stage of my pregnancy etc- I wish I wasn't so nosey cause I am starting to freak myself out with all the things that can go wrong! I've so far had very sore bbs, mild nausea, mild cramps (with a sometimes fairly sore 'pokey' feeling) and what feels like hunger pains... I'm trying to be good though, trying to sub sausage rolls for fruit! Eek!

SpanishLady Sat 29-Dec-12 15:07:37

Rosie, I'd never have lasted to Christmas day if I'd tested and gotten a BFP before. With my son I tested at about 5am and waited about 5 seconds to turn on the light and wake my husband up to show him.

I had tested using one of the lines style of tester so it was a line but not the strongest. My DH wanted to go back to sleep but lasted 10 mins then looked up when Tesco opened and drove us down to get some digital types as he wanted a more definitive answer so I was confident he would prefer to know asap!

SpanishLady Sat 29-Dec-12 15:21:19

thought I'd have a go at ordering the stats, have just taken from this page as cant go back!:

Jennimoo, 31, BFP 21 Dec, due date 1st September, DC2
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers, 32, due date 1st September, DC1
Rosiechoice, 30, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
Starfishkiss, 27, BFP 27th Dec, due date 2nd September, DC2
Emma290, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
SGJ, due date 3rd September, DC2
Legoboat, BFP 22nd Dec, due date 4th September, DC2
jm233, 26, BFP ?, due date 7th September, DC1
SpanishLady, 38, BFP Christmas Day, due date 8th September, DC2
IBelieveInPink, BFP 28th Dec, due date 9th September, DC1
Preposterashypothesis, 27, BFP 23rd Dec, due date?, DC2

This thread is not accepting new messages.