Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

Snazzyfeelingfestive Sun 23-Dec-12 00:15:18

I'm not in this club but just saying congrats to you legoboat ! I can imagine you will be a bit nervous after your experience last year but fingers crossed all goes well.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Sun 23-Dec-12 00:50:08

Just had 2 positives at 10pm! Will tentatively join here, although I can't believe it's real yet. Congratulations legoboat!

I just started a thread in chat to ask the same thing and a response that reassured me was that:

"there is no placenta until around 8 weeks, until then the blastocyst has fuck all to do with whatever you have been doing and is actually safer from your influence at that point/ It doesn't really matter what you did, it doesn't affect the blastocyst/zygote so don't stress about it."

Hope that helps, it certainly put my mind at rest grin

jennimoo Sun 23-Dec-12 05:48:50

Hello. Ill tentatively join too.

BFP on Friday with due date around the first. Still terrified AF will arrive. With DD I was really relaxed (or just naive!) but I think this time will be different!

legoboat Sun 23-Dec-12 07:03:34

Oh good, not just me. I have a ds who is just 4 so will be starting school on my due date (ds was born in his) if I get that far. Not too nervous about same thing happening, whatever will be will be I suppose. 75% is still good odds, I keep telling myself. Congratulations all.

chevytruck Sun 23-Dec-12 12:26:32

<pokes head round door>

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Sun 23-Dec-12 22:54:29

Yes, I was pretty relaxed with DS but since joining MN, I'm much more aware in general. This will definitely be a nerve wracking time!

At what point do you contact GP/midwife? Am a bit flummoxed as to what, if anything, to do next.

jennimoo Mon 24-Dec-12 05:45:08

I might call go and ask today, then if its the right thing get an appointment booked for the new year. With the bank hols and being away ourselves I'd at least know then!

AF would have been due yesterday or today so feel like I've got past the first hurdle now. Had crampy pains yesterday but think it was just gas!

legoboat Mon 24-Dec-12 06:36:24

We're going away just after Christmas and are back mid January so i'm going to call the hospital then, I suppose that will be at 6/7 weeks. Because of all te trouble I had last time they said to go straight to the fetal
Medicine unit rather than via the gp. Apparently I will have lots more scans this time to see if there are abnormalities present - the earlier they see it the better.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Mon 24-Dec-12 06:48:24

We're off after Christmas as well! grin It's only for two days but will be the first time we've left the country for two years so really looking forward to it.

I had a look on the nhs website and it advises people to get in touch with their gp (or midwife, through children's centres etc) as soon as you find out so might try to make an appointment today.

I have absolutely no idea about dates and think I might actually be due at the end of August blush You won't kick me off here will you?

<puts on best hang dog expression>

legoboat Mon 24-Dec-12 07:10:27

Have a great break then. Yes, we're abroad too. Last time I was pregnant (this summer) they weren't interested until at least 8 weeks, I saw the midwife at 11 weeks and had scan at 12 (where they saw problems). I think it depends on area as to what they do. I'm just off to work now... Poo

legoboat Mon 24-Dec-12 07:11:42

Ps if you don't know dates may be best to do earlier to get a sneaky dating scan in. Best of luck!

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Mon 24-Dec-12 11:05:13

Ah, hope work is fun and festive!

I managed to see a doctor this morning and told him I didn't have a clue about my dates. I guessed lmp to be mid nov, he suggested 15th, I said sure why not, could've been earlier though so he changed it to the 10th. Which means I have an entirely accurate and reliable due date of August 18th! grin

He did say I'd probably be called I'm for a scan I'm about 4 weeks, which is amazingly soon. He also reassured me about coming I'm so soon after doing the test and said it was the right thing to do as they can now send off all my details to the hospital so do go if you want!

jennimoo Mon 24-Dec-12 12:47:56

I called the doctors and am booked in next Monday, but will be only just past 5 weeks. They didn't ask how pg I was, just have me next available appointment with my dr.

212VIP Tue 25-Dec-12 22:57:33

Good thing I only poked my head round the door.
Christmas Day miscarriage from Santa for me... sad
Best of luck y'all.

SpanishLady Wed 26-Dec-12 08:27:41

212vip so sorry to read your news, hope you are being looked after, take care.

SpanishLady Wed 26-Dec-12 08:28:26

May I join? Think due around 8th sept

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Wed 26-Dec-12 09:23:21

212VIP Sorry to hear that sad. Hope you manage to have a restful few days and are taken care of.

Rosiechoice Wed 26-Dec-12 11:06:18

Morning 212VIP I'm so sorry to read your bad news, I was coming on here to join too as i think im due about 2nd September but my heart goes out to you, I hope you're as ok as you can be?

Preposteroushypothesis Thu 27-Dec-12 21:27:21

Hi everyone, can I join?

I am 4 weeks pregnant with DC2, lmp 19/11 but I have very long cycles so the nhs due date calculator thing says I'm due 4th September so snap legoboat

212vip sorry to hear about your mc and I hope you get another bfp soon!

Anyone else having symptoms yet? I have been getting a lot of nauseia that I can only keep at bay by eating non-stop. With DD I didn't get sick until 7 weeks and then it was the opposite and looking at any food made me sick and I couldn't keep anything other than bread down!

Starfishkiss Thu 27-Dec-12 23:49:42

Hello! <waves>
I got my Christmas BFP today! Feeling happier now, but it was a very big shock (worried about how we will cope financially etc).
I think I'm due around the start of sept smile

jennimoo Fri 28-Dec-12 05:49:55

Hello! I've been feeling very slight nausea. I didn't get it til 6 weeks with DD but wonder if I'm just recognise that particular feeling inside of morning sickness as its familiar!
I'm tired but not sure yet it's any more than usual...
I'm away a few days and have only tested the once a week ago so am a little worried. And my MIL has kindly bought my favourite things: Brie, chianti etc... ;)

Starfishkiss Fri 28-Dec-12 09:51:13

Hi Jenny, I've not yet felt the delights of morning sickness, but I've had all the other symptoms like going off all my favourite perfumes, sore breasts, needing to wee a lot etc etc. I also get mouth ulcers for some reason when I'm pregnant but I've never read this as a normal symptom anywhere; does anyone else get this? hmm

Preposteroushypothesis Fri 28-Dec-12 10:38:47

Funny you should say that starfish as I have had 2 very painful ulcers for a few days. I hadn't thought that it might be a pregnancy symptom but I had thought it was strange as, although I do sometimes get ulcers, I usually only get them when I have accidentily bitten the side of my mouth or my tongue and then eat something sugary, but this time I don't remember biting my mouth at all! Maybe it is a pregnancy symptom. Pregnancy is very bizarre!!

jenimoo you can eat the Brie as long as you cook it if that helps? I asked the dr as I LOVE cheese and couldn't cope with the thought of Christmas without the lovely cheeses I had bought grin can't help you with the Chianti though!

jm233 Fri 28-Dec-12 11:07:33

Hello!

I'm new here so just going to sneak in... I got my bfp on Christmas morning, best present ever! This will be our first so its all so new and exciting! How has everyone been feeling? I booked my midwife apt this morning but I dont think it has properly sunk in yet!

This thread is not accepting new messages.