Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Over 30 first time mums to be club.

(213 Posts)
photographerlady Sat 22-Dec-12 11:51:51

I do not know if all the pregnant women over 30 leave work and lock themselves away but I feel bit lost in groups (Facebook pregnancy groups are a nightmare) talking work, pregnancy, commuting, buying mistakes and going through the biggest change of my life with no one in a similar situation. So any 30+ first time mums to be out there?

cyclecamper Thu 31-Jan-13 22:08:56

mayan I have lovely spots too - very attractive. And blotchy chest. It's great!

I'm going to have to give in and get some maternity stuff - I've got hardly any bras left and I need some tights and leggings, if nothing else. My friend was going to bring some stuff from her boss, but I think I need some stuff before she's going to get here. I'll have to buy tights and bras anyway. I know my sister ended up something like a 34J, so I want to manage with as few as possible - I can't afford lots in different sizes!

Another interview on Saturday for a 3 week job at the end of feb. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

I had lovely skin at first, then spots from 19-25 weeks, then clear again now....must be all the hormone shifts. A good reason to treat yourself to a facepack and put your feet up!

Mayan, glad you got your scan date, once you're past the weekend the time will fly!

Bexiwoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:00:18

I've been spotty for a few weeks - tea tree face wash seems to be helping! Everyone keeps saying this is the best time in your pregnancy (20 weeks on thursday), so enjoy blooming - I don't feel very blooming! Went to see MW on tuesday, burst into tears the minute I walked into the room. I don't think I had reaslied how worried I was. Anyway, she is so understanding and great to talk to; totally reassured me and had heart beat reassurance as well.
Cycle - try ebay (if you're not fussed about second hand stuff) for maternity bras. I've bought a few for just a few pounds each as my boobs (already sizeable!) have gone mad! I agree with you about needing tights as well - I'm trying to make do with normal ones until spring when i'll stop wearing them anyway, but they are not very comfy, especially with an hour each way of commuting - feel like i'm being cut in half by the time I get home!

Have a great weekend everyone smile

cyclecamper Fri 01-Feb-13 21:27:51

Bexiwoo I managed to get to mothercare (I took my aging mother - she got the staff to find her somewhere to sit out of the way!) this afternoon. I found some bras and tights in the sale and a pair of leggings. I wanted to try things on, but now I have a better idea of size, I will hit ebay smile.

Today I have a strange band of rash above my tummy. It's very odd. And my abdomen feels rather uncomfortable. The backache seems to be back as well, which is tedious.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. smile

Teapig Sun 03-Feb-13 17:34:52

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well and the spots disappear soon.

I hope the rash clears up cycle. I also get back ache off and on and can sympathise with how tedious it is. I've found a well placed hot water bottle can help.

I had to go to Thursday/Friday as I hadn't felt baby move in 36 hours. They checked the heart beat for ages and that was fine and then I went for a scan and again everything seemed good. Hoping baby is just a bit lazy and will turn out to be a good sleeper when she arrives smile

Can't believe the 30 weeks milestone is coming up for me this week, time is really flying now!

pudtat Mon 04-Feb-13 07:35:27

I know teapig, 33 wks tomorrow and that means only 4 weeks til baby would be classed as term if he made an appearance! Argh! Currently sitting on our coffee table in the kitchen as the builders are back today to sort out the damp in the lounge diner floor and therefore we have had to move everything elsewhere in the house - when there is no room! Felt so useless yesterday but mum came over to help DH and it was better getting it all packed than I had feared... Just hope it can all be dealt with quite swiftly (fx for 1 week not 2) as once that's done there is decorating in there and the small matter of the nursery which is currently rammed to the gunnels with stuff! This is where I do rather wish I was starting my mat leave a little earlier, but hey ho. Wish me zen like calm ladies and lovely ache and stress free weeks to you all!

babybear9 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:57:12

Hi ladies, Im 7wks with first pregnancy - got my booking in appointment day before my 34th birthday. Glad there are so many of us. I don't feel old at all to be having first baby - can't imagine having been ready in my 20s!

Hi all, can I squeeze in? A pretty early 5 weeks here, I'm 31, working FT with lots of travel and struggling to concentrate on work already!

Just realised this is an old thread... I will hang around if anyone wants to resurrect it!

lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 12:37:54

I also just came across this thread. Most of the ladies on here must've had their babies now, I'm due next Thursday... I'll be 33 the week after. I was working full time but due to every bloody pregnancy problem going, I spent most of it on the sick!
I also agree that being older makes you worry more. I had two m/c before this pregnancy and I can't relax until she's out, safe and sound smile

Kelly1814 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:20:27

hello ladies!

I'm 37, 30 weeks, working full time, high risk pregnancy (cerclage and baby measuring small) have a scan tomorrow to check on things (have lots more scans than might be 'normal')

love to hear how everyone is getting on!

despite being 30 weeks pregnant it still does not seem at all 'real' to me yet!

Tulipsandbuttercups Wed 07-Aug-13 19:00:46

Hello ladies

I'm 33 and expecting my first, I'm currently 19+4 and I had my 20 week scan yesterday x

TotalShock Wed 07-Aug-13 19:36:16

Hi,

I'm expecting my first and I'm 34 will just of turned 35 when in due.

I don't feel that old in my head but I think my body might know....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now