Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

TheLittleFriend Sun 23-Dec-12 20:43:42

Happy Christmas solars, hope you're moving over to this thread soon too smile

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sun 23-Dec-12 20:45:06

Stacks and Gen brooking you don't have to be in hospital too long and you will be sniffing snuggly brooking babies very soon.

Solars your place is marked, you will be here before you know it, I am brooking no argument!! Hope you and DH have a fabulous time tonight, have an eggnog for me and happy Christmas to you both thanks

solars thank you and brooking you will join us soon!
little thank you too and your Christmas preparations sound lovely.
brooking for good news for stacks tomorrow.

Stacks Sun 23-Dec-12 21:36:51

Tock glad your deer feeding went well. Hope the weather wasn't too bad for you. The video is super cute, though DH didn't approve of me watching it in the middle of the tv program he was watching earlier smile. Sounds like you've had a lovely day today, hope the rest of your Christmas runs as well.
Whim hope you got a real cup of tea and mince pie. DH and I went and did the last pre-Christmas food shop today, and he let me buy mince pies smile unfortunately they're not here with me though. This induction hasn't been too bad really, I think I just fear the process too, so am desperately trying to cling to some optimism.
Boo glad you're feeling all festive too. It's really not long to go now us it?! Christmas itself has crept up on me, what with the baby distraction.
Nut sounds like wonderful plans for Christmas. Slightly jealous, as I'm starting to think my Christmas Day is going to be in here. DH really wanted a year where Christmas was 'just us', feel a bit sad I've kind of ruined it. However, it's not the day itself that matters, so like Gen we'll just enjoy a delayed Christmas together, with an extra special addition.
Little another wonderful sounding day for you! I'm looking forward to family Christmases in the years to come. There's something so idyllic about children and Christmas.
Solars happy Christmas! Looking forward to you coming over soon. You can have my spot, I've kept it warm for you.
Gen hope your hospital is looking after you well. We just got an evening tea, toast and biscuit round. I messages DH and told him to take notes! wink

I've spent do long writing this I'm probably already 10 posts behind..

itsMYNutella Sun 23-Dec-12 22:29:30

tock I'm pretty sure the bean still hasn't engaged yet... Although of course that doesn't have to mean anything I hope it at least gives me the next two days of eating enjoying Christmas smile

stacks double portions of brooking that your baby arrives promptly and then you won't even care about Christmas because you'll be so busy having lovely snuggles! - but you might be able to enjoy some other festive treats. wink

gen hope you get some good news tomorrow!!

boo and little I think it's lovely that your DC are so excited about Christmas. Hope they and you all have a lovely time!

I think the relaxing is being helped by not being at the ILs tomorrow. I miss my family Christmas (even though my family get together when possible and celebrate Christmas whenever; if we can't organise the actual Christmas Day together) it's odd doing things differently and at the ILs it feels very formal. It seems common in Germany to open presents in the evening after a late afternoon church ceremony, (which I've so far managed to get out of, I like Christmas carols but I like the ones I know in English- and I'm not bothered about the church bit) then they have dinner. Then you have two days of Christmas but without much to actually do hmm

That's why DP and I will open some presents on the 24th and some on the 25th grin. Obviously the packages my family have sent me have to be opened on the 25th. They also include essentials like chocolate digestives... If only decent sausages could be posted grin

GreenOlives Mon 24-Dec-12 06:03:04

Good morning ladies!
Any remedies for pregnancy insomnia please? I've been awake for nearly 2 hours now yet I feel sooo tired! I had a really busy shift at work yesterday so I thought I'd sleep like a log but twas not to be sad Im also getting a lot of pubic bone pain in bed at night - any tips for that from fellow sufferers? Right that's my moans over!
bartlet Sorry to hear about DDs anniversary.
gen Hope you get a plan of action sorted today.
stacks Hope things have started moving overnight!
tock Nice work on the fundraising! Still brooking that tinytock doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!
nuts You sound very relaxed indeed, hope you have a lovely German Xmas (and enjoy your English treats!) Choc digestives will be perfect energy providers in labour! wink
boo Bump is looking beautiful on FB! grin
Can't remember what else I was going to say - think I'll try and nap on sofa for a bit until the boys are up!
Happy Christmas to one and all! Xx

Stacks Mon 24-Dec-12 11:23:39

Quick update post. Managed about 4h sleep last night. Very noisy baby in bay next to me. His mum have up at about 3am and the midwives took him away to settle him. Mum and me (and the other two ladies I hope) then got to sleep through till woken by the breakfast trolley at 7.
Soggy cornflakes, warm milk and cold toast started my day. hmm

This morning trace in baby showed a dip in his heart rate for a little while. Midwife thinks cord compression. Doc and consultant have decided to accelerate process and transfer me to labour ward where they hope to break my waters. They've not checked cervix position or dilation today though, so it might not be possible without the gel first. Will have to wait and see. Stuck on continuous monitoring now though sad.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 24-Dec-12 11:37:00

Stacks brooking for you, hopefully you will be meeting your brooking baby after a lovely accelerated sneeze birth very soon thanks

Gen brooking that your plan is put into place for your immediate sneeze!! thanks

clickingtock Mon 24-Dec-12 14:49:48

Good luck Stacks - getting v near. A Christmas eve or Christmas day baby for you. Well done for staying strong and + xxx

Gen - brooking for news for you and your baby tomorrow.

Green - full sympathy. I put something on FB that may be of slight help... Could still be a big wait for me but feeling very excited either way.

Nuts - I would say that gives you at least a couple of days. I'd be surprised if Nutlet(te) isn't a little bit engaged though. I am now 4/5 engaged (1/5 palpable) and apparently this is less usual with a second. Also you mentioned quite a lot of pelvic discomfort which suggests to me that baby is digging in - I am getting some v sharp/weird pains in tops of legs and can only guess that this is exactly what's happening. Anyway - it's all looking good for you and brooking that you get your Christmas swiftly followed by LO and a sneeze birth. (ps I'm also v relieved not to be spending Xmas with MIL.)

Solars - so lovely to see you. Will always be brooking for you! Have a great time with your DH.

Boo - enjoy the excitement, Little too. My DS quite low key but when he sings Jingle Bells it's enough to melt my heart. [frgrin]

Happy Christmas to everyone and see you after the festivities.

clickingtock Mon 24-Dec-12 14:50:25

grin grin grin

Biscuitsandtinsel Mon 24-Dec-12 16:27:52

Marry Christmas brookers.

Just wondered if anyone would like a very nearly new tube of lansinoh? PM me your address if so.

Have a fab Christmas and love to you all xxx

GreenOlives Mon 24-Dec-12 17:25:05

Me please biscuits if no one else has beaten me to it! Will PM you. Xx

Biscuitsandtinsel Mon 24-Dec-12 19:46:53

All yours olives

And of course I meant MERRY Christmas! grin

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 24-Dec-12 19:49:55

Merry Christmas ladies, I will be lurking for new baby news and hope you all have a fabulous Christmas.

SparklySanta Mon 24-Dec-12 20:38:25

Merry Christmas brookers

Brooking for lovely baby news and insomnia free nights smile

TheLittleFriend Mon 24-Dec-12 21:03:04

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope Stacks and Gen get lovely snugly babies from Father Christmas smile

Happy Christmas all! I've had a scan and finally seen my consultant and she has let me come home whoop whoop! I'm going back on Boxing Day so she can try to turn the baby, so I still have a chance of a normal delivery! Still risk of a section if the turning doesn't work and will be we'll monitored to check baby isn't distressed by the procedure, but I am overjoyed! It's a Christmas miracle!

Hope everyone else is well and has a fab day tomorrow, especially stacks! Get sneezing girl!

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Mon 24-Dec-12 22:15:25

Gen I am so pleased for you that you are home for Christmas day. Take it easy and get everyone to take care of you. Brooking for a successful turn on Wednesday thanks

Stacks hopefully your having/well on the way to sniffy snuggle time thanks

Merry Christmas everyone.

Smeggnog Mon 24-Dec-12 23:19:35

Gen that's wonderful that you get to be at home for Christmas. Hope the consultant is successful and you get the 'normal' delivery you hope for. But it is all about having a baby - the method isn't so important, it's the result that counts!

Stacks hope you're on your way to meeting your little bundle of Christmas joy. Have you considered Noel as a name?! I suppose Jesus is just a bit too much? wink

DD1 is incredibly excited about Christmas Day - it's the first one that she's understood vaguely what's happening. I'm really enjoying watching her excitement, and the fact that when she gets overtired and insane as she undoubtedly will, her GP's will quite happily deal with the fallout that they caused by giving her shitloads of chocolate grin

Merry Christmas Brookers!

Smeg you are quite right and I do say that to other people re it not mattering how the baby is born. I think I was a bit carried away by the joy of coming home for a couple of days over Christmas!

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas Day and thank you again for cheering me up these last few days.

Any news, stacks?

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Tue 25-Dec-12 22:14:38

Well, what a lovely day in the boo house smile I hope you all had a brilliant day too.

Stacks brooking you have your Christmas baby.

scarletfestivefingernail Wed 26-Dec-12 08:21:22

Merry Christmas everyone.

I just thought I'd nip in and read the birth announcements <double checks thread in case I've missed it>.

Stacks brooking for you. Your induction sounds pretty much the same as mine except I was allowed home at all. They were trialling the Propess at our hospital so I had to stay in. Very frustrating.

So pleased you were home for Christmas Day Gen. Brooking all goes well for you today.

<waves to everyone else> Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 26-Dec-12 11:24:23

Happy boxing day ladies, I am in peeling hell again, mil coming for her dinner tonight sad had a really lovely day yesterday, hope not all did too.

<puts peeler down and waits for baby news instead> grin

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 26-Dec-12 11:25:24

blush you all did too, not not all did too.

Smeggnog Wed 26-Dec-12 12:41:58

Hello all, hope you had a lovely Christmas. We're off to the next round of rellies, then we have a break till Saturday. I'm a bit grinch-like now, next year we're going to hunker down in our own home, and if people want to see us they can make the journey. It's too much for this old woman now grin

DD2 slept well last night so I'm happy and well rested, yay! Amazed at her pooing skills, DD1 was a once every few days kinda baby, DD2 does at least 3 a day.

Have a lovely boxing day, boo despite the peeling.

Stacks I hope you're ok. Haven't heard from you for a while. No pressure, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now