Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

thanks rubber I keep telling myself that and I would be panicing if I didn't feel like that.
sparks oh no I was hoping you would tell me how amazing things have gotten! oh well just being pregnant is amazing in itself.

boo no glow either! is it a myth then.

Withalittlesparkle Wed 20-Feb-13 18:17:45

Face sorry I've probably made it sound terrible BUT it has its moments, like when you see baby at your scans, or when you feel it kick!

no you haven't sparks! at least I'm not vomiting although sometimes I think it might make me feel better!
I'm 10wks 2mora it seems to be going a bit faster now. I'm looking forward to telling people. I'm booking in with the NHS midwife 2mora AMD hopefully will get my nuchal scan date through soon. I've got another scan with Mr s next Friday. so lots to look forward to!

NewYearNewBoo Thu 21-Feb-13 09:29:01

Morning, Olives just popping on to say good luck, hope today's sweep gets things going for you.

GreenOlives Thu 21-Feb-13 10:22:48

Morning all! Thanks boo! Chimney should be being swept this morning wink then im heading out for lunch with a couple if friends - lets hope things get moving, im getting a bit envy about the other tripe whammiers having newborn snuggles and DS told me he's bored of waiting now! wink His little school friend had a new baby brother on valentines day and they've been talking about it in the classroom so I think he's desperate to be able to talk about his new brother/sister! grin

GreenOlives Thu 21-Feb-13 10:23:54

Meant to say how are you getting on monitoring your blood sugars boo?

NewYearNewBoo Thu 21-Feb-13 10:31:37

Aaw, how sweet of DS really wanting to meet his new baby, they are too cute!! I really hope that having the chimney done and relaxing lunch will get it going for you (and your DS wink

Monitoring is going well, I still don't like the finger pricking bit, but if I may have an indulgent moment to say - I am kicking diabetes ass!!! grin but it is only the first week and I may yet cock it all up

Brooking for you Olives!

Boo, you go girl and kick diabetes ass! Love it!

DS slept for ,6 hours in one go last night. hurrah!

GreenOlives Thu 21-Feb-13 11:48:52

boo Good work with the ass kicking!! Brookers laugh in the face of diabetes!! grin

gen Yay for 6 hours of sleep! Long may that continue and I'll brook no argument that it will soon be 8 hours! grin

Olives I know it's not even your due date yet but now the other 2 have popped it sort of feels a bit like your pregnancy is taking forever! grin No pressure of course. I hope you have a lovely last few days with your DS on his own. Although I felt terrible the last few weeks of my pregnancy with DD I really wanted DS to have some good memories of just the 2 of us (what with him being old enough to remember pre-DD). I can remember him running off at the park though and I was just just helplessly calling him back, I could hardly walk let alone run grin I was so cross with him. Brooking for a successful sweep.

Well done Boo for getting your head round it and doing so well so quickly.

Yay for sleep Gen

BartletForTeamGB Thu 21-Feb-13 14:48:51

boo, well done! Getting your head round things is the hardest bit with GDM.

olives, this baby will come in perfect timing. Best to spread the excitement of Brooking Baby arrivals! Let us know how the sweep goes.

BabyBart was weighed this morning. She has lost 9% of her weight, but she is feeding beautifully and the MW said that she's not worried as bigger babies often lose a bit more before heading towards the centile line they should have been on in the first place.

GreenOlives Fri 22-Feb-13 07:58:37

Morning all! Sweep just aggravated my spd yesterday but appears to have done little else! Still I have another nice day planned - coffee with one friend this morning then lunch out with another later! grin May as well make the most of being a lady of leisure grin In fact I also have another lunch date tomorrow - DH is working and DS is going out for the day with his auntie so my friend is cooking for me. Maybe I should be glad this baby's not ready to come out yet smile Am slightly concerned I may put on an additional stone though!! confused

Olives, sounds lovely! Enjoy it and hope you're not getting too impatient.

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 08:41:07

Ooh Olives that does sound nice, hate a lovely time.

How's everyone else today? Froot how are you? Can't be long until your sneeze now smile

TheLittleFriend Fri 22-Feb-13 08:53:46

Green, that sounds so lovely! Enjoy, but also brooking that your sneeze follows soon x

Bartlet, glad things are going well with your beautiful dd. how is ds getting on with being a brother? I'm finding sharing my time, and a bit if jealousy from dd, the hardest bit at the moment.

<waves at the rest of the Brookers>

BartletForTeamGB Fri 22-Feb-13 10:44:11

We are shattered today. DD decided that she wanted to be awake all night from about midnight and just wanted milk and cuddles. DH and I dozed in shifts.

little, thankfully, DS still loves her although he doesn't know his own strength when he comes over to kiss or cuddle her. DH is off work this and next week and DS is still going to nursery a few mornings a week so hoping that will help his transition!

olives, do enjoy being a lady of leisure!

When is froot due? And then is it boo next?

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 11:43:00

Ooh Bartlet brew <-- for you, when toddly boo did this I just told myself it was his way of saying 'I know my mummy loves me and will really want to see me now' grin hope you manage to get some rest today. Too cute that DS still wants to give her kisses and cuddles, I'm half expecting toddly to be bored with booby after a day hmm

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 11:44:10

Oh Olives I meant have a lovely time, not hate blush

BartletForTeamGB Fri 22-Feb-13 18:18:27

boo, how long did it last? Just a few days, surely, please?! confused <-- not so much confused as very tired!

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 18:22:59

I honestly don't think I had many whole night's of love from teen or toddly expects to pay for saying that in about 10 weeks plenty of broken ones though but sleep was had on those, but not many entire dusk till dawn ones, if that helps?

This too shall pass Bartlet brew

Withalittlesparkle Sat 23-Feb-13 17:18:47

God what a drama buggy shopping earlier! Because turn our mrsparks car has hollow storage at the back so we can't have seat base! Cue me having a panic in mothercare over safety issues!!!

This was quickly followed by a full on emotional break down in debenhams while trying on bras, I'm now convinced I'm carrying most of my baby weight in the form of back fat!!

NewYearNewBoo Sat 23-Feb-13 17:43:02

It is so easy to get overwhelmed by the choices and safety advice and normal advice with car seats, but can I say, teen and toddly boo both had basic cheap seats that got put straight into the car without a base, and were seat belted in and they were both fine and safe! I would be doing is again but we have a new (to me) travel system and it came with a seat base, so I am using one for the first time.

Now as for the melt down, you are not fat either back or front!! You are a different shape cos twinkle is moving everything about to make himself comfy, and all those moving innards have to go somewhere!! smile

brew for you.

Withalittlesparkle Sat 23-Feb-13 18:04:24

Thanks boo this is why I have my brookers smile

NewYearNewBoo Sat 23-Feb-13 18:10:50

Can you imagine how mental we would be in RL if we didn't have brookers to mental with grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now