Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

GreenOlives Mon 11-Feb-13 07:50:12

crossed posts - its coming later today then! wink

Bartlet I had a text from my DC this morning to say she had a girl so I'm sure that is a good sign that labour is imminent for you.

BartletForTeamGB Mon 11-Feb-13 10:42:28

Excellent, Rubber. A Brownie in the making! grin

I was a bit worried with my due date of the 21st Feb that the baby would arrive on the 22nd and I'd be forced to call it Robert or Olave!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 11-Feb-13 10:54:13

<disappointed face>

Bartlett you really must try harder!!!!!

NewYearNewBoo Mon 11-Feb-13 11:11:20

smile morning ladies. I am a very happy boo today! Been for my growth scan and yep baby is a little bit big but they are not worried and don't want to see me back at the hospital unless the mw thinks there is an issue! Woo hoo grin it's like I am a normal preggo grin

Bartlet how are you today? Any sign of a sneeze?

How are the other 2 tripe whammiers?? Looking like you will pip Bartlet to the post??

Cheery wave to everyone else, I would leave food and brew for everyone but I still have 30 mins to wait before my second gtt blood test sad then I am having a big bacon sarnie grin

ooo Ooo! any news?!
I need a wet fish slap here. I'm getting so nervous for Wednesdays scan. I just don't feel 100% positive about it. the only indication I have that something may not be right is that my nausea has pretty much gone. but it can come and go right? maybe I'm just eating enough to combat it. I do eat alot!

<rustles up a big, wet fish>

SLAP!

Feeling nervous before a scan is completely normal. Yes, sickness can come and go. I was puking constantly for 9 weeks and then I woke up 1 morning and it had gone, never to come back. Some people have none, some have it for the whole pregnancy. Everyone is different so please try not to make it significant

TheLittleFriend Mon 11-Feb-13 11:37:57

Brooking that Bartlet's kitchen scrubbing has done the trick and that your on the way to meeting Lil'Bart smile

Great scan news Boo. Enjoy your bacon sarnie.

Cartoon, it's totally normal to be nervous before scans, especially when you've had bad ones before. Try to keep yourself busy, so the time doesn't drag too slow, and we'll all brook away for you.

I've just got to moan for a minute, so feel free to skip this!
I feel like poo today, blocked nose & headache etc. Hardly slept last night as my hips were terrible, and I had indigestion. I was really looking forward to a reflexology appointment to relax. But because of the bloody snow, I couldn't get dd to her preschool, so had to cancel it. Now we're stuck in, her bored, me feeling rubbish. sad Luckily dp is coming home early.

thanks rubber was much needed. deep down I know I'm being daft!
bless you little hope you get some rest when dp gets back.

where's boo with the Bacon sarnies grin

Yay for great news Boo. Bacon sarnies were my vice when pg with DD. With a fried egg in too, yum.

Brooking for a good scan for you Cartoon How many weeks are you now?

<strokes Little's hair. Oh no poor you. Have you had much snow? I have elderly grandparents very near you and I'm 2 hours away from them. I always worry when I hear they've had snow, my 90 year old grandad still insists on going out on his pushbike in it sad even though we ask him not to.

NewYearNewBoo Mon 11-Feb-13 13:06:35

<leaves bacon, egg, rolls, red and brown sauce and brew>

<also leaves wet fish ready for Tricksgrin>

Little what a crap start to the day for you. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm about 8 and a half weeks now scarlett
yes on the fried egg in that sandwich, got to have a runny yolk though.

NewYearNewBoo Mon 11-Feb-13 13:20:14

Tricks you might want to do a bit of reading about runny eggs in your condition?! I have a smoked bacon roll with a dirty egg. So happy grin

ops have been having dippy eggs and soldiers and running yolks with my fry ups. does it really have to be s fully cooked yolk? they're Yukky hard boiled

NewYearNewBoo Mon 11-Feb-13 13:50:50

sorry sad I love a runny egg too, we will just have to wait a bit longer.

I found giving up runny egg yolks even harder than giving up wine shock
First breakfast I had on coming out of hospital was soft boiled eggs and soldiers, I couldn't wait any longer!

BartletForTeamGB Mon 11-Feb-13 14:16:42

I didn't give them up. blush

grin at Bartlet I'd decided not to mention the 2 or 3 times where I did give in to it and enjoyed a runny yolk in my bacon sarnie. But since you've fessed up I feel less guilty about it now!

BartletForTeamGB Mon 11-Feb-13 14:23:48

I like I am leading a revolt! grin

I figured that the risk of salmonella is so tiny now. All chickens are vaccinated compared to a few years ago. The risk of salmonella is to me and wouldn't affect the baby, so I have continued to enjoy eggs and soldiers.

However, I have followed the advice about, say, listeria to the letter.

Incidentally, do you know we are 'allowed' to eat Stilton now? Not that I ever want to (only food other than kidneys and liver I really can't stand), but in case there are odd people who do!

NewYearNewBoo Mon 11-Feb-13 14:30:13

Ooh stilton!! Brilliant. What about a nice raw steak, with some brie and red wine?? Can we have that now too, hmm can we can we grin

While we are confessing, there may have been times when I thought I had cooked my egg so it was solid, but it wasn't so I ate it any way smilesmile

TheLittleFriend Mon 11-Feb-13 14:30:36

I haven't given up runny eggs either wink

SweetieTime Mon 11-Feb-13 15:00:40

<waves to all imminent sneezers>

just marking my place for all the lovely snuggly announcements that are coming up.

hope you are all doing well and fingers crossed i will be joining you very soonwink

Frootloopz Mon 11-Feb-13 15:02:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BartletForTeamGB Mon 11-Feb-13 15:04:03

"What about a nice raw steak"

I've not given up rare steak either! blush In fact, I had NEVER had a steak before getting pregnant but kept having cravings for one!

I have told DH though to make sure there is Camembert in the fridge for next week. I'll have it baked with chunks of garlic and bits of rosemary with big chunks of ciabatta. Yum yum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now