Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

Withalittlesparkle Sat 09-Feb-13 11:33:34

Oh olives how awful!! I watched my friend go through really bad SPD she had to use crutches and was signed off work really early! Little consultation but she said literally as soon as she was mobile after the birth the pain had just disappeared!!!

My mum thinks I've had it twice shock I think a third time might be just getting daft!!! DN has a few spots yesterday, and is completely covered this morning so am assuming really really infectious!

GreenOlives Sat 09-Feb-13 12:38:07

boo I must have read your mind - just on the sofa having taken some codeine and am eating a Crunchie while DH makes me a brew ! I am hoping it means sneeze birth is a tad closer but that may well be wishful thinking!
Glad to hear your friends resolved straight after the birth sparks, can't imagine being in this much pain with a newborn to look after too! Hope you enjoy the party, as far as I remember CP is contagious until spots have crusted over but it has a 2-3 week incubation period before spots appear so he will have been contagious for a while.

TheLittleFriend Sat 09-Feb-13 14:26:22

Green, I really wish I did have some tips to resolve spd. Mine is awful atm too, however baby is 3/5 engaged now, which doesn't help. Paracetamol doesn't help here either, I find just alternating between rest and wandering aimlessly around the house is all I can do up control it!
Mine went as soon as I delivered dd, really hoping for the same this time.
Did you have it with ds?

IIRC, though chicken pox can incubate for up to 21 days, it's only contagious from a couple of days before spots appear, until they're crusted over.

GreenOlives Sat 09-Feb-13 18:38:46

little babyOlives was also 3/5 engaged at my appt last Mon so that may explain the sudden increase in pain. I have to say the codeine has made it a lot more bearable but I don't want to take to much of that in case it constipates me and adds to my pile woes! Oh the glamour! grin I didn't have spd at all last time round (thankfully) so its reassuring to hear that yours also went straight after DD was born. Lets hope that's the case for both of us this time - in fact Im brooking no argument that it will disappear within minutes of our sneeze births! grin grin

GreenOlives Sat 09-Feb-13 18:49:37

And you're right about CP only being contagious for a couple of days before spots come out - im rubbish for remembering the differences between all the childhood illnesses! blush You'd think an A&E sister would know better wouldn't you?! hmm

BartletForTeamGB Sun 10-Feb-13 07:31:18

Good morning Brookers! This time next week, I hope to be a graduate of this thread! Not nervous at all about the Giant Baby and my pelvic floor, oh no, not me! hmm smile

green, my SPD didn't clear immediately (although it wasn't as painful at all) after having DS, but I think that was partly because my muscles had deconditioned so much because I was managing so little before. Postnatal Pilates transformed things though and I eventually got back to running every night from not being able to walk very far or fun at all after DS.

sparks, I wouldn't be too worried about CP. It is most infectious the few days before the spots appear and it is transmitted (despite the very regular MN hysteria about not leaving the house at all until the rash has completely gone) by the child breathing out the virus into the air (which is why it is sooo infectious), unless you are rubbing up against the rash. We had DS vaccinated so I am hoping we might skip it here.

How is everyone sleeping? I'm generally managing a 'full' night of midnight to 6am but then I wake up and can't get back to sleep. DH is being good at taking DS downstairs for breakfast though, so I can sometimes get another hour after eating (and throwing up) my breakfast.

Sweep today - will report back later (unless of course I go straight into labour...)

Withalittlesparkle Sun 10-Feb-13 08:24:38

Thanks for your advice re CP! Have however decided not to go today! Mrsparks asked me not to risk it, he requests so little at the moment that I can hardly turn him down, he is pretty much letting me get on with it as it were!!!

bartlett good luck with giant baby grin

I spent last night going through baby things at my mums house! My sister has sent masses of stuff over, I don't think I'll need to buy any baby clothes for the first 6 months!!! All the bedding for the crib, 2 baby baths, a seat for the bath, several blankets, booties, bibs etc and all of it barely used! So excited!! But now 19 weeks is going to feel like such a long time!!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 08:35:57

Ooh Bartlet good luck with the sweep, brooking that works for you! And don't worry about giant baby, it will be easy peasy!

I know what you mean Sparks I feel like 20-26 weeks just flew by, the last couple of weeks have been so slow sad

GreenOlives Sun 10-Feb-13 12:42:14

Good luck with the sweep bartlet! Looking forward to an update later - im quite nervous about having sweeps as I never had one with DS so not quite sure what to expect! Giant baby will be no prob at all im sure grin Im managing 5-6 hours most.nights and sometimes topping up with a 30min power nap in the day.
Waves to boo and sparks and anyone else lurking this drizzly Sunday!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 16:01:55

Hey Bartlet have you had your sweep now? I'm going to say 9lb 4 baby, is it ubb or do you know the sex?

Actually all tripe whammiers, do you know what you are having or are they ubb's?

Withalittlesparkle Sun 10-Feb-13 16:29:26

bartlet any news?!

I just bought a cuddly dinosaur!clearly my priorities are all in order!!

Reading on my June thread and they're all decorating nurseries today!! I'm starting to think I need to get my arse in to gear, thing is my arse is rather comfortable where it's sat on the sofa!!

BartletForTeamGB Sun 10-Feb-13 16:37:43

Hello everyone, I've returned.

green, I can't say that a sweep is comfortable, but it is fine if you breathe through it and concentrate on something else. I had a couple with DS. It was a bit sore today but nothing unmanageable and hopefully will be all for a good cause.

Anyway, 3cm dilated with a favourable cervix today. Baby 4/5 palpable so head in the right direction. Sweep done so hopefully it'll do something.

boo, it is a UBB but I am now completely convinced it is a girl.

sparks, they are decorating nurseries? But there are MONTHS to go! I think you are being wise resting. Plenty of time for that later.

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 16:45:47

Bartlet shockgrin 3cm, isn't that almost active labour?? Have you been having contractions then? Ooh your ubb (possibly dd) will be here so soon smile if the sweep works and gets it all moving can you use the birth centre?

Sorry such a lot of questions, I'm so excited for you brew <-- for you, now relax.

TheLittleFriend Sun 10-Feb-13 16:57:05

Bartlet, that's great news. I think we'll be meeting BabyBart very soon. (Is Bart on your boys name list wink)

Sparks, I'm agree that they are doing the nursery decoration far too early. Enjoy the sitting around!

TheLittleFriend Sun 10-Feb-13 16:57:33

Oh and Boo, I'm having a ds grin

BartletForTeamGB Sun 10-Feb-13 17:12:54

boo, definitely not the Birth Centre for me. Based on last week's scan, I am definitely high risk so it is an early admission to the delivery unit for me if I go into labour. I have been having lots of rather uncomfortable BHs with a few occasional painful contractions so they do seem to have been doing something! I'll need to spend my evening on my birthing ball hoping that things get cracking.

little, don't know why Bart isn't on the list?! How could I not have thought of it?!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 17:52:22

Oh I see Bartlet I thought the delivery unit was for an induction. Now I think it was Jen who advised on a birth ball you should rotate to dilate grin I love a helpful rhyme!! Have you got your bag and snacks ready just in case, (seriously, ridiculously excited for you grin)

grin

GreenOlives Sun 10-Feb-13 18:53:12

Ooh, 3cm and favourable sounds good, get rotating on that ball! Why are you thinking DD? Im guessing 8lb 15oz! grin

boo Im another UBB - I think its prob another DS but DH thinks its a DD!

Have just cooked (and eaten!) a very yummy roast dinner followed by cherry pie and custard - since the baby's head has engaged I've been able to eat loads more (not sure that's a good thing!) and I've not been sick for over 2 weeks!! grin Who was it who said they're hungry all the time? Whoever it was im exactly the same! smile

BartletForTeamGB Sun 10-Feb-13 22:59:01

Now I don't want anyone getting too excited, not in our conditions and all, but I'm just off to bed but wanted to share that I've had a show... shock

I'm not holding out for an early delivery (and to be honest, I want to clean the kitchen first before I do), but it does make me hopeful that the induction on Friday might be straightforward.

green, I just 'know' it is a DD, but then I 'knew' DS was a DD too! I may not be very reliable at this game! smile

Sweet dreams!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 10-Feb-13 23:11:19

<sneaking in quietly and not at all excitable>

OMG OMG OMG!!! You won't need induction on Friday grin

<quietly sneaking back out, don't think anyone noticed grin>

Withalittlesparkle Mon 11-Feb-13 00:33:33

I'm afraid you haven't got time to sleep, you should be getting the kitchen cleaned!

I'm off to bed now but I totally want new born news by the time I wake up in 6 hours!!!!

I think you'll be snuggling your newborn before Friday Bartlet shock Keep us posted.

Olives I'm changing my previous prediction for you and guessing girl.

BartletForTeamGB Mon 11-Feb-13 07:46:55

Sorry, sparks, no BabyBartlet here. My DH though every time I wriggled last night would wake me with, "Are you awake? Are you having contractions?" Poor man barely slept because he was so convinced that I was about to go into labour any second!

GreenOlives Mon 11-Feb-13 07:48:40

A show! And an urge to clean the kitchen - that baby is a coming! grin <sprinkles pepper>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now