Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

NewYearNewBoo Tue 05-Feb-13 12:54:22

That sounds very sensible Sparks a good plan!

Smegs so pleased that E2 has slept through, it makes such a difference smile

can I ask how much weight you gained in ur first trimester? I'm feeling huge!

NewYearNewBoo Tue 05-Feb-13 16:38:15

Tricks I have put about 9lb so far, most of it has been in the second trimester, but I bloated up something awful in the first sad try not to worry too much about it says me I have decided it is nothing I can't deal with until after I have sneezed Booby smile

Withalittlesparkle Tue 05-Feb-13 17:06:35

face I felt massive! But like boo it was mostly bloat! I was convinced everyone would guess well before 12 weeks but then when I told people they were all really surprised!! Apparently while I felt massive I didn't actually look it!!

Oh and a woman at work asked me today, I thought you could already see my from space but she said there's only been a couple of outfits where she has looked and thought I'd put on a bit of weight!!

GreenOlives Tue 05-Feb-13 17:20:56

I gained a lot in my first trimester (combination of steroids and eating to combat nausea) then I hardly gained at all in the second trimester and the first part of the third. I am now gaining at a rate of knots in these final weeks!! Combination of baby and chocolate I think!! grin wink

thank god its not just me!grin the steroids really don't help do they olives. I was so bloated last night I looked like I had a bump! I'm hoping to get out a bit at the weekend go on a couple of walks or something I don't seem to have spotted for a few days now. so hopefully I'm nearing the end of my days if bed rest. yay! I was at a disadvantage with it having just been Xmas I never got to lose my mince pie belly.

Withalittlesparkle Wed 06-Feb-13 07:14:01

face just take everything slowly and you'll be fine!! You're diffed so by rights should be taking everything slower anyway!!

I'm dreading work today! I've had a falling out with some if the people there, well they've decided to take umbrage with me, I just don't have the energy for it! It's like being back at school (which I hated)

sparks I don't think I've fully accepted my diffedness yet.

NewYearNewBoo Wed 06-Feb-13 09:09:28

Sparks I wish I had seen this before you went to work to I could offer you a virtual hand hold. It is awful when that happens, stupid people wasting their time being petty about someone else, pathetic!! Head up and Ignore! Do you know why they are being like this?

Tricks it can take a while to fully come to terms with, for me it was about 15-16 weeks when I started to feel kicks, I think I am right in saying for Sparks it is only just sinking in now she has had her 20 week scan. But you are, very definitely, properly, scan endorsed DIFFED!! grin

Hello all, just marking place and lurking for news of the triple whammiers!

Nice to see cartoon here and glad to read your scan news.

Sparks, glad your scan was good too and hurrah re a boy! Top tip - put his winky downwards when you put a nappy on him, otherwise he might wee over the top or side of his nappy! I learned this the hard way and changing clothes and sheets at 2am is not fun!

Hope the triplets are well and I shall be checking regularly to see who pops first! My money is on little, then Bartlet, then olives. Not sure why I am saying that order, but there you go!

All well here, DS very cute and feeding well etc. can't believe 6 weeks have flown past already!

BartletForTeamGB Wed 06-Feb-13 11:38:42

Thanks, Generic. I've decided that next week will be a good week to have the baby. It works that way, doesn't it?

Scan and seeing consultant tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if, given my ongoing vomiting and predicted big baby, whether they'd give me sweeps from 39 weeks like green. I'll ask him tomorrow and see what he says.

cartoon, I routinely lose a stone in the first trimester, but since then I've put on about 12 kg but I think it is all just baby. My problem comes when I am BFing and then, after months of struggling to eat, feel absolutely starving and have a huge appetite.

NewYearNewBoo Wed 06-Feb-13 12:42:43

Ooh Bartlet next week seems like a perfect week for a few baby (or 3 grin) Good luck with the scan and check up tomorrow, are you and they likely to make a decision between HB and birth unit at that appointment?

TheLittleFriend Wed 06-Feb-13 20:34:29

Sparks, hope work was ok in the end?

Gen, good to see you smile x

Bartlet, hope your consultant agrees to 39 wk sweep for you. I'm seeing the Mw tomorrow, i presume for the last time til my due date. I'm planning on begging asking for a sweep at 40wks.

<waves at Boo, Face, Frootz and Olives, plus all the lurking post-grads I know are out there winkgrin)

Withalittlesparkle Wed 06-Feb-13 21:24:42

boo thanks for virtual hand holding!! No idea why they are being funny with me! Think it might be a bit pregnancy driven but that could be be imagining things!!

little it was ok but there just feels to be some tension in the air!! And obviously I'd got a major grump on me so made my day really drag!!

clickingtock Wed 06-Feb-13 21:45:02

Hello triple whammiers et al, just popping infor a nose around,

DD is exactly 1 month today. I am so proud of her and besotted. She has gained 2lbs already. And had her first bath with DS tonight. Plus she soent all day with me at a memorial service and charmed dozens.

Smegs,great you got a full night. Both my DC have been sling addicts. I just assume that's how it has to be for a few months then do controlled crying.

Brooking for you all. thanks

bartlett how on earth do you manage to lose a stone!? lucky you.
spark hope you have a better day at work today.

Cartoon I lost weight in pregnancy too. It's called morning sickness grin

the first time ever I wish I was being sick!grin

Frootloopz Thu 07-Feb-13 11:32:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ah frootz it'll all be worth it though!
I think the way forward is to stay away from my scales and mirrors I must try and embrace the weight gain. perhaps I had better start slapping on the bio oil hmm

Withalittlesparkle Thu 07-Feb-13 12:35:37

face don't wish your ms to arrive! I did and then spent something like 12 weeks wondering what the hell I was thinking!! Hopefully you'll just get a little bit of nausea and that's it!!

froot I do worry about being Uncomfortable at work, at at the rate my belly is growing I'll have to type side on because I won't be able to get close enough to my desk!!! I think I can use my holiday pay to cover two of the weeks I'd not be paid (if that makes sense? And elect how much annual leave I want to return to, so could keep 2 or 3 week to use when I've returned to work and 2 weeks to go towards my mat pay! But they may insist I use my mat leave early because I'll be going off smack bang in the middle of one of our busiest periods and will be absolutely no use to anyone due to the amount of running around/standing we have to do!

Work is a little better, I've spent the morning reorganising my office and feel a little clearer!! Still rather be at home!!

Bestie coming down for the weekend so i'll be able to put the world to rights and feel ready for a fight next week!!

NewYearNewBoo Thu 07-Feb-13 13:28:24

Oh gosh Tricks don't wish for that, it is awful once it gets going, I wasn't that sick, but even just the nausea was enough, I actually started wishing I could be sick just for a few minutes relief from the nausea sad I was half pleased because it meant everything was still fine, but even more relieved when it went!

Well, big thanks to DH and toddly boo, they tried for well over a week but finally managed to share their cough and sore throat with me, bless them! Lucky for teen boo he spends enough time festering in his room if has not had chance to catch it.

My guess is Little then Bartlet then Olives for no good scientific reason at all!
Ooh, went to see Les Mis last night, can I just say, if you have a fancy to see it, get it done, FABULOUS!!!!!

I know I know! I'd hate it if I was puking. I do feel sickly usually from late afternoon, but not every day. eating seems to help.

BartletForTeamGB Thu 07-Feb-13 14:31:02

"bartlett how on earth do you manage to lose a stone!? lucky you."

Hmm, cartoon, I 'managed' it by not keeping anything done for weeks. It is not a weight loss regime I recommend, especially as my BMI was 22 before pregnancy! smile

Interesting to see the guessing as to which of the tripe whammiers are going first. froot might be on to a winner thinking I'm going first...

I am being induced next week at 39 weeks! shock

So scan today shows the baby is behaving as if I do have diabetes. There is now a bit more fluid round the baby and the baby (bearing in mind I am 'only' 38 weeks) is estimated at 9lbs at the moment and estimated to be around 10lbs at 40 weeks. My consultant, and I agree with him, thinks it wouldn't be wise for me to get to 40 weeks due to the risks now of cord prolapse and shoulder dystocia, so it is sweeps next week if my cervix looks good and then induction on delivery suite if I've not gone into labour naturally before then. No fancy lovely new birth centre for me, but I've definitely moved out of being low risk, so just looking forward to having the baby now.

(Next week! Eek! 9+ lbs! Eek!)

bartlett next week how exciting!
ladies I can eat scampi right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now