Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

Smeggnog Wed 02-Jan-13 22:55:14

Oops - meant to say thanks Bartlet. grin

BartletForTeamGB Wed 02-Jan-13 23:00:24

Excellent, smegs. Pm your address & we'll post them in the next few days.

musicalmrs Thu 03-Jan-13 01:02:13

Congratulations Nuts! Gorgeous name :-) Enjoy those newborn snuggles. (I'm not jealous at all, of course...)

clickingtock Thu 03-Jan-13 06:08:54

Nuts - over the moon for you. He sound abso gorgeous and I love the names too. thanksthanksthanksthankswinewinewinewinethanksthanksthanksthanks

Yes another lad for the team Brookers!

Bartlett I use those nappies and would love to have that pack. Please do PM me re' postage costs etc, thanks ever so!

Gotta read back and post properly. Xxxxxx

clickingtock Thu 03-Jan-13 06:10:10

Sorry - have just seen that Smegs beat me to it. X

Withalittlesparkle Thu 03-Jan-13 06:11:29

Oh my god, how did/does everyone cope with the tiredness?!?! I barely slept last night and now I've gotta get up for work!!

TheLittleFriend Thu 03-Jan-13 07:45:44

Bartlett, you must have misread me, that is a list of things I have not done. I certainly don't have my hospital bag packed! grin

BartletForTeamGB Thu 03-Jan-13 07:48:32

Phew, little, feeling much less inadequate now! smile

congratulations nuts! love his name and sounds like all went well. enjoy kissing and sniffing that little head!

just a quicky from me as on phone but all well here. ds is gorgeous and feeding well etc. dd is very sweet with him and I can't believe how lucky we are.

good luck to the next two brookers, tock and whim. then it will be the triple whammiers!

Frootloopz Thu 03-Jan-13 10:25:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clickingtock Thu 03-Jan-13 15:19:21

Whim and I are UBBs. Her EDD is 10 days after mine but that doesn't really mean we might not go for synchronised popping...

I think Little is having a DS and the other 2 triplets are UBB yes?

Thanks for brooking all.

Frootz, what a wally tho great you have an answer.

Have postponed tomorrow's MW app for a week to avoid a hosp' visit (app usually in local school). Just can't face hospital and nothing has changed for me except I would of course like to pop asap but without intervention. What think you Brookers to this move?

Gen enjoy every minute. thanks Hope Nuts is too. thanks

NewYearNewBoo Thu 03-Jan-13 15:54:31

Tock I think it is a brilliant move, I am trying to wriggle out of as many hospital appointments as I can at the mo and be seen by my community midwife instead smile

Froot do you know what you are having? I am also UBB.

clickingtock Thu 03-Jan-13 16:24:49

I know it's a bugger for you Boo. Feel slightly vulnerable at 40wks but there's no need....

NewYearNewBoo Thu 03-Jan-13 16:50:25

I do feel a bit ungrateful, they are only trying to look after me, but so many appointments, and some are just not necessary, my community mw can do just as much better I understand what you mean about feeling vulnerable, I think this is also why I am trying to take some control back over my care.

TheLittleFriend Thu 03-Jan-13 17:36:04

Good to hear from you Frootz, I bet you were relieved to get your bed problem sorted!

Tock, I am a bit of a worrier, so would think there could be blood pressure or urine probs I wouldn't know about, which would prob stop me cancelling. However, i feel like that only because of high bp at the end of pregnancy with dd, so I please don't let me make you doubt your decision, you know your own body smile

clickingtock Thu 03-Jan-13 17:41:30

Little, I do feel conflicted but bp has been unswervingly constant. I think I've decided that I'll try to give birth instead of MW app. wink If I feel at all wobbly I can book myself in at hospital clinic. It's not far to go but I have a slightly OTT fear of going there, partly as I'm spleenless so need to avoid major bugs just that little bit more vigilantly. Thanks tho! smile

TheLittleFriend Thu 03-Jan-13 18:00:17

Tock, I'm loving your plan to avoid mw appointments. So unnecessary once tinytock is here winkgrin

GreenOlives Thu 03-Jan-13 18:00:19

Massive congrats nuts! grin thanks Enjoy sniffing and snuggling that lovely boy of yours! grin grin I too love the name - Theo is on our boys name list!
Waves to all as too tired to name check today after crap nights sleep and even crappier busy shift at work!

Can't blame you for wanting to keep clear of hosps tock - I'd keep clear of mine given half a chance! US obs like to be rather intrusive, so since 34 weeks I've been fighting having my cervix checked at my weekly appt. There's just no need! I tell you , I've never once had a midwife check my cervix, except the couple of sweeps I had.

All booked in for induction in 10 days. They seem pretty surpised I want to go over my due date!

Frootloopz Fri 04-Jan-13 09:37:40

clickingtock Fri 04-Jan-13 10:10:19

That does sound annoying Whims, the sort of behaviour that could make your cervix q shy! V excited for you re' 9 days. Brooking.

Loopz, We mainly talk about he but also throw in a she now and again for good measure. There seem to be so many boys about at the mo'... Most of the people I know who have found out are having a DS. My DS still talks about his sister, we'll see if he has that toddler 6 th sense. If I remember rightly you have a DS toddler?

Another show here today but not taking it seriously after last time!

Hope all newborns and mums are snuggled up together. Off for haircut myself.

TTFN.

Frootloopz Fri 04-Jan-13 12:11:07

Withalittlesparkle Fri 04-Jan-13 12:30:01

Er the rat smackers have a new PSEPP!!!! Thought I'd share!!

NewYearNewBoo Fri 04-Jan-13 12:35:18

Froot/Tock I have a ds Toddly boo, We also call bump 'he' but I think that is because of 2 boy babies already. And the Toddly 6th sense will absolutely be right in our house as Toddly boo started out saying I had a girl baby in my belly and now he is saying I have a boy baby confused

Good news for the show, looking forward to hearing all about your sneeze birth very soon.

TheLittleFriend Fri 04-Jan-13 13:02:13

<waddles to the ttc thread as fast as she can to see who has got a bfp>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now