Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:53:22

Hope you all find it, can't link to old thread sad

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:59:01

<tut> I mean to a festive thread not un festive <gives up>

TheLittleFriend Wed 19-Dec-12 19:16:49

Thanks boo, just marking my place as dp is serving up dinner grin

Biscuitsandtinsel Wed 19-Dec-12 19:37:57

<Marks place>

<Admires tinsel and lights>

<lays out mulled non alcoholic of course wine, chocolate Yule log and stollen>

GreenOlives Wed 19-Dec-12 19:59:28

<marks place>

<eats whole yule log, washes it down with mulled wine>

<heads off to find Ranitidine>

Thanks for new fred Boo! grin

Ooh, very nice new thread.

I'm having a total failure to cope day today including #3 drawing on my friend's wall, being up 3 hours in the night and having to drive 2 other couples to a work do tonight. Darn my big car.

Right. Enough of that. Will have cup of tea and brace for action. As you were.

Yay! New Fred! Any Yule log left?

Whim, sorry you have had a trying day. And Boo, get well soon.

V exciting re the Christmas babies, but I'm pretty sure minigen will be in Jan. even if cs is decided upon on Friday, I suspect it will be booked for Jan. unless there is a cause for concern I suppose. I will be 37 weeks on sun, so happy to reach that!

Come on baby Stacks, Nut and Tock - you lot are next! Hope the acu does its thing.

Smeggnog Wed 19-Dec-12 21:13:00

<marks place>

<dislodges baby from boob>

<reattaches baby to boob>

Lovely new fred, boo!

Ooh, yes, who will have the first baby on this thread? Place your bets ladies...

I reckon stacks will be first!

itsMYNutella Wed 19-Dec-12 22:06:41

oohhh some yule log would be awesome! <yummy> goes back to concentrating on wishing baby out.... just marking my place smile

SparklySanta Thu 20-Dec-12 00:45:25

Marking place

Must pop back to the old fred and catch up, especially during this latest bout of preggo insomnia hmm

TheLittleFriend Thu 20-Dec-12 08:06:16

I hope stacks is first!

clickingtock Thu 20-Dec-12 09:51:41

Marking place - thanks for new Fred and sorry I made the other one so fat, didn't realise we were on post1000!!!

Better go, chaos. But will write soon. Money on Stacks first here... xxx

Smeggnog Thu 20-Dec-12 11:28:20

Morning. Massive post on post-grad thread, neighbour issues. All advice / opinions gratefully received.

Come on, babystacks and tinytock! Stacks I've heard many good induction stories, I hope yours is equally good if you have one.

Hope you're ok Gen, ELCS will be fine and at least you've got time to prepare and make plans for how you want it all to go. You can have skin to skin etc, a friend of mine even had a lower sheet so she saw her baby as soon as he was born, although obviously didn't see the actual CS!

I've thought about this and I reckon it will be Stacks, then Nut, closely followed by Tock then me

Smegs thank you for the positivity about CS. I had done some reading up and decided I would like to do skin to skin and also see baby being born. Will venture to post grad thread to see if I can help/advise re neighbour issues.

clickingtock Thu 20-Dec-12 19:05:22

Well - that's the due date order Gen - perhaps we could all make it a bit more exciting and unpredictable <lays down gauntlet> wink

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Thu 20-Dec-12 19:13:08

Are you trying to tell us something Tock do you have news that would alter Gen's prediction?grin

TheLittleFriend Thu 20-Dec-12 19:15:17

Hope everyone's well this evening?
I'm off out for dinner, despite feeling like crap.
Saw the Mw today, bp is still slightly raised but I'm sure it's due to being ill. I promised I'd go straight back at the slightest sign of any high bp symptoms. But good news, baby has turned head down! I think he did it yesterday pm, when his movements were really hurting!
Sorry to not name check. Brooking hard that mini stack arrives before he is evicted smile

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Thu 20-Dec-12 19:18:25

Yay for head down baby Little, now the rest you the brooking babies need to take note!

clickingtock Fri 21-Dec-12 07:31:26

Great news Little (apart from BP but am hopeful will right itself v soon) - just gotta get him to stay put now eh? You have to be a left-side obsessive (telly, bed etc). My baby's movements still feel somersaulty at 38wks... seeing MW today so hope the little tockcritter hasn't put a spanner in the works.

Boo - I wish I could promise to shake up the order of things a little but the show last week was just one big tease. Could be in for another 42wker... groan. Didn't mind so much with first as only left work the day before the scan due date so going over gave me a nice rest before birth. This time I just want the babster in my arms. V impatient indeed! wink

Have a feeling that Stacks may be rather busy right now... am betting a mince pie on it.

Well - it's the shortest day of the year and the end of the Mayan Calendar. Hope well all pull through.

x

Stacks Fri 21-Dec-12 08:39:01

tock unfortunately you lose the mince pie... Do I get it?

Still no sign of baby, today his last chance for a natural labour. Sweep yesterday was ok, cervix still closed and prosteirior, but she managed to reach and do something. No symptoms of anything after though, not even a show. So we had ourselves a hot curry last night, and still nothing.

I'm on my phone and making loads of typos. Will grab laptop later and post properly. Just marking my place I was too silly to realise you're all never that quiet, and the old thread was full.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Fri 21-Dec-12 09:45:24

Right, I have had enough of being stupid hormonal wreck, I actually had a cry this morning because DH has had his first pay in his new job and decided to treat himself to a nice lunch, then (this is where I think I am abnormal) I actually started to worry that because he will be in his uniform someone might say something to him while he is trying to enjoy it (he is a traffic warden) and spoil it for him sad

I think only a slap from a wet fish will snap me out of it sad

Biscuitsandtinsel Fri 21-Dec-12 09:57:00

Oh boo bless you! Pregnancy hormones are the best aren't they! Making you do weird and wonderful things grin

Well done to your DH for getting his job sorted and hope he thoroughly enjoys his lunch. If I see any traffic wardens lunching today I shall be sure to wish them a merry christmas grin. I'm sure no one would say anything mean and of course he'd take his coat and stuff off to eat his lunch anyway so I bet noone would notice. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now