Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

CreepyCrawly Thu 20-Dec-12 15:01:03

Congratulations pgmkt! Lovely names smile

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Thu 20-Dec-12 15:04:33

Congratulations pmgkt

BuntysFestiveCollocks Thu 20-Dec-12 15:13:53

Congratulations on Edward Oliver - what a lovely name! Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy your toast

salt1 Thu 20-Dec-12 15:38:28

pmgkt congrats - brilliant news

Congratulations pmgkt. Lovely name. Hope your enjoying your toast and lots of cuddles x

theboutiquemummy Thu 20-Dec-12 15:56:31

Congratulations pmgkt so exciting, best Chrissy pressie ever, enjoy your toast my nephew is Oliver Edward lovely names xox

MamaMary Thu 20-Dec-12 16:45:04

Congrats pmgkt! I hope you recover well from your section and little Edward eats and sleeps for you! smile

Apple hope your son is ok sad Rubbish being sick so close to Christmas.

Lora sounds like things are happening - personally I'd prefer to get Christmas over and have a January baby but we're all at different stages/ levels of discomfort so it depends on that too.

I had a good day - I'd like to call it nesting but in reality it's doing the bare essentials that need done before DD2 arrives, like clearing wardrobe space for blankets and clothes and washing blankets/ muslin cloths etc to freshen them up. Dropped DD off a my mum's after lunch so gave me some concentrated time to work on it, tired now though so stopping for break before starting on dinner.

Complicated24 Thu 20-Dec-12 16:52:26

Huge congrats pmgkt and welcome Edward. Love the name and bet Edward is totally gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed toast and are now enjoying gorgeous cuddles and well deserved sleep. You have won the prize for the best birth date 20/12/2012.

Today I've been for wax and pedicure and had my first ever acupuncture session to see if it would help relieve the sciatica pain. I think I was expecting a miracle cure, which it certainly wasn't but does feel slightly less painful. Christmas shopping and Christmas cards completed, waxed, now ready for baby to be born so hurry up little one!

kim222 Thu 20-Dec-12 16:57:43

Congratulations pmgkt! Love tha name! Enjoy your toast x

dieciocho Thu 20-Dec-12 17:13:41

Congratulations pmgkt.

congratulations pmgkt and I love the names you've chosen.

welcome lostbobbles

Tomorrow is my last day at work before maternity leave and I am so pleased to be finishing. I am only 35 weeks but have found the last few days really hard - I ache so much after sitting in my chair all day, and am getting more and more pain when I walk, so that even just going up and down the corridor to go to the loo / photocopier is a mission. I have a pain in the left side of my bump now too, I think it might be from always sleeping on my left side?

My sister came and picked me up from work today and I was so grateful for not having to walk home from work that I cried blush

COCKadoodledooo Thu 20-Dec-12 18:18:00

Congratulations pmgkt grin Edward is a fabulous name and I'm not biased in the slightest wink

mrsbugsy I have given up walking to a large extent. After years of turning my nose up at those mums who always seem to have the car on school run I have become one of them! It's an absolute nightmare trying to park anywhere near school
but I simply can't do the walk in the afternoon anymore! It's ok in the morning as I have ages to myself to recover but not in the afternoon!

Ds1 just has a virus so only calpol needed but glad he got checked. Ds2 is now coughing and sometimes remembers he has tummy ache. I've given up. What isn't done by sat is not getting done and i refuse to worry about it

woody2313 Thu 20-Dec-12 19:35:02

Congratulations pmgkt - such lovely news smile
So my last but one day at work started with a colleague gasping and telling me 'Oh my goodness, you're definitely having a girl, I can see you've put weight on your bum' shock angry (I don't think it's got bigger - it was always big wink but still don't know what gave her the nerve to say it!)...
And ended with a surprise good luck/ farewell get together organised by really lovely workmates smile thanks

happyhow Thu 20-Dec-12 19:38:30

Congrats pmgkt!!! Definitely the best birth date.

I would rather have a January baby too - my idea of hell for the child is having a "Christmas" bday. My bro is on the 23rd and he hates it because no one can come to anything unless he gives them months notice and he always gets joint presents from people.

Birdiesinthesnow Thu 20-Dec-12 19:47:27

Congratulations pmgkt!!!!!!!! Hope you get to go home soon with little Edward.

woody I'm shocked! What a nerve! (I was going to say what a bum cheek!).

bunty and anyone else who advised me on bras ages ago - you would be pleased with me! I found a posh local shop and got fitted by someone who used to work for Rigby and Peller and I am actually a 34 round the chest (not a 38!). And have a well fitting (but expensive) Hot Milk bra.

apple I hope your little ones feel better soon. That's very sweet about your DD tidying her room.

mrsbugsy hope you enjoy your last day at work!

complicated glad your sciatica is a little bit better.

mama well done on your tidying. I did the same and got my mum to look after DD whilst I did some. Made it so much easier.

Hope everyone else is ok. I had my hair cut today as well as getting my lovely new bra. Tomorrow I've got to have a filling (boo) and then hopefully more nesting on Saturday and then a rest.

bealos Thu 20-Dec-12 20:58:24

Congratulations from me too for pmgkt. Worth that wait in hospital! Hope you're getting to know your new baby Edward.

happy I put my foot down really early on and told people ds2 gets birthday presents on Xmas eve (no Xmas pressies) in birthday paper and until he's old enough to be able to agree to 'joint' pressies he gets the same as his siblings! 7 years on he thinks a Xmas eve birthday is quite special and even wanted this 1 to be born at Xmas too!

birdies the salvation army send round a Santa on a sleigh every year and he came past tonight dd was waving out of the window shouting look I tidied it grin ds2 forgot his list of ailments and went outside to tell Santa that it's his birthday in 4 days and then Santa can come grin

Lostbobbles Thu 20-Dec-12 21:47:10

Congrats Pmgkt, good to hear all is well and wish you a quick and easy recovery. Agree with everyone else Edward is a super name.

Wish your dc's well Apples, always such bad timing these illnesses.

I have a stinking cold, just eaten a hot curry to try clear the sinuses, couldn't taste a thing but the chilli helped soothe the throat a bit. (Prob be joining the Calcutta splutters club tomorrow)

MrsBugsy, Allchik and Woody, hope you have a good and easy last day at work.

newbie6 Thu 20-Dec-12 22:17:08

Congrats pgmkt, lovely news! Xx

bealos Thu 20-Dec-12 22:38:41

Good news! Homerton Hospital have agreed to allow me and other women who are more than 34 weeks pregnant to keep our original home birth midwife, Angela. So relieved.

Lots of other stuff admitted and discussed too, if you're interested - such as their crap inadequate consultation process, commitment to choice, promoting home birth in the area and promising to increase the team if demand is high. More here.

bohoec Fri 21-Dec-12 00:49:34

Congratulations pmgkt!

And great news bealos :-)

Exciting things happening here... Waters have broken - while out for a meal with friends! Wet all down the back of my dress in the middle of the restaurant! Embarrassing!

Appt at 09:30 in the morning for checks because no contractions yet. Not sure whether to sleep, keep moving, drink, do all of the above! Eeek!

MarasmeAbsolu Fri 21-Dec-12 00:59:03

Congrats pmgt and good luck bohoec!!!
All very exciting smile

Fuck!! In hospital as my waters suddenly went this evening, I'm only 35 weeks so a bit of a shock. i've been monitored and baby's heartbeat is fine, but apparently I am having contractions (I can't feel them) and am 1cm dilated. I've had a steroid injection (ouch) and am being kept in overnight to see if anything else happens. If not then I / they will decide whether to induce me or leave me but monitor the baby every couple of days for infection.

Oh and no hospital bag packed so i'm wearing a hospital gown and borrowed sanitary towels till dp comes back in the morning. And I dread to think what he will pack for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now