Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

bohoec Wed 19-Dec-12 22:28:48

Pmgkt good luck for tomorrow! Hope all goes smoothly. How exciting - you'll have your brand new gorgeous baby in less than 24 hours smile

BuntysFestiveCollocks Wed 19-Dec-12 22:33:03

Good luck pmgkt! Can't wait to hear your news!

Birdiesinthesnow Wed 19-Dec-12 22:56:04

bealos good article and I love your dress!

pmgkt hope tomorrow goes well. It's about time we had another new babba on here, looking forward to hearing your news!

bunty some people are so selfish lol!

apple who had tidied DD's room?!

No runny bum for me but I am actually typing this whilst on the loo grin

allchik Wed 19-Dec-12 23:06:52

pmgkt waaaa!so exciting! Best of luck,cnt wait to hear ur news x x x

newbie6 Wed 19-Dec-12 23:09:09

Hope all goes well pgmkt, will be thinking of you! X

octanegirl Wed 19-Dec-12 23:18:50

Good luck pgmkt!

Complicated24 Wed 19-Dec-12 23:33:55

Well done Bealos. How exciting to be in ES which the whole of London reads every day.

Thinking of you so much pmgkt. Tomorrow you will be cuddling your gorgeous baby. Loads of luck.

I've got a runny bum too. I also woke up absolutely drenched in sweat, having had a dream that I had given birth to a toddler who proceeded to walk up hospital bed and give me and DH a big hug!!!.

knuckingfackered Thu 20-Dec-12 00:05:13

glad to hear we're getting a baby soon.....
on the runny bum front, there is this puking shitting thing going round (highly contageous) but am also aware that the body 'empties' just before labour (apparently) so good luck all.
Had consultant appt, blood in urine but no one batted an eye. So whats with that? Ideas anyone?
Probably just all the coughing and nose blowing, best day today so hopefully on the mend.

Tugstonia Thu 20-Dec-12 06:38:23

Good luck today pgmkt! So exciting smile

No runny bum here either, in fact I have the opposite problem... blush

Bunty how annoying about your sweep. Have you got a date for another one booked?

Getting very fed up with waking up at 4.30am every day but as everyone keeps telling me, "better get used to it".

I have a scan this afternoon to check growth and my placenta, which was showing signs of deterioration last time confused. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone's doing ok.

Tugstonia Thu 20-Dec-12 06:39:50

PS. saw you in the Standard bealos! V exciting and great to highlight an important issue. And love your dress too smile

dieciocho Thu 20-Dec-12 07:42:56

Good luck pmgkt!

Happy day today - 1st day of Maternity Leave!

BuntysFestiveCollocks Thu 20-Dec-12 07:48:42

Great article, bealos!

tugs she rescheduled last night for this morning, but I think I'll go for a check to see where things are at rather than a sweep. I agreed to one for Wednesday as I knew they work within 48 hours - we're travelling nearly 5 hours for a wedding on Friday, so if I'd had it last night, if it was going to work, I'd know before we set off.

If I have it today, we could be halfway down the m6 when labour hits, or just checked into the ridiculously expensive hotel, so I don't want to risk it. If it happens now, the so be it, but am not encouraging until we're home.

Bum still runny and stinking

kim222 Thu 20-Dec-12 09:11:52

Hope all goes well today pmgkt, how exciting!

I had lots of pains in my pelvis last night, bit like shooting pains, hope it was babys head engaging, 37 weeks today! Growth scan tomorrow so hopefully find out then x

CreepyCrawly Thu 20-Dec-12 09:34:23

Good luck pgmkt! Will be thinking of you today x

Good luck today pmgkt. so exciting for you.

birdies turned out dd did it herself. She had her Xmas party yesterday and it seems santa told her she needed a tidy bedroom or he wouldn't visit grin

Great article bealos, your famous!

Good luck with scan tugs. Hope everything ok.

Ds1 off again. He looks better but not enough for school. Ds2 is claiming tummy ache and I can't decide if he just wants a bit of attention or he really is coming down with something. Sigh I doubt I will be finishing everything I needed to by Friday.

I'm normally more organised than this but am shattered and too pg to have managed what I normally do

SilverSixpence Thu 20-Dec-12 11:16:30

Good luck pmgkt!

Had a lovely anniversary dinner with DH last night, need to go out to register with dentist but its so rainy and miserable, I'd rather just stay in! Does anyone know if they will start any treatment this late in the pregnancy? Or should I just wait until afterwards now?

dieciocho Thu 20-Dec-12 11:43:52

Free dental care lasts until baby is 1 year old, so I don't see why a dentist wouldn't start a course of treatment at this stage.

BuntysFestiveCollocks Thu 20-Dec-12 12:24:08

Midwife came out today and had a little fiddle - still 1cm, soft and effacing, but cervix is more posterior. Good news - wedding here we come! Bad news - baby not imminent, despite shooting pains in fanjo, runny tum, and contractions on and off etc.

Next sweep booked a week today - 1 day before due date. I don't think I'll have a newborn for Christmas!

allchik Thu 20-Dec-12 12:52:32

Gosh we should call our selves the bum gravy briggade by the sounds of things lol!!!

I feel totally back to normal now?? V strange, have no idea what my weird couple of days of 'crying,pooing,cramping' were..... alhough my hubby was laughing at me as last night got home from school, didnt even sit down and cleaned the house from top to bottom....were talking waxing the floor, scrubbing the skirting boards etc.....VERY unlike me so maybe mamma is nesting lol!

One more day at school for me....have just sent an email to the whole staff to say 'bye bye' and welled up completely just writing it (my school were so supportive with my miscarriage in feb and have been so excited about this pregnancy) so im hoping that means I dont have to do a speech tmorrow as think i will just completely break down!!!

xxx

Lora1982 Thu 20-Dec-12 13:46:14

4 5ths engaged i HOPE this means good things. My next appointment isnt until 3rd of jan a day before my due date. Im torn between getting it out now and interupting xmas and new year or waiting and suffering more :-D shall i start the eviction process? Nipple fiddling, curries, pineapple and sitting on my space hopper .
I wonder if pgmkts baby is out yet?!? Exciting!!!!

lora I always think it would be best to get them out but I am always overdue although I did feel that the Xmas ds2 arrived was one of the best and we were out and about as soon as the festive lockdown was over!

Booked ds1 dr appointment as after a promising start he's gone downhill sad not sure if over reacting but a bit worried it's a chest infection as he cries when he coughs and says his chest hurts.

pmgkt Thu 20-Dec-12 14:21:16

Edward Oliver arrived today at 1039. Weight was 6lb 8oz. Section was ok, been sick a few times since but just about to have toast.

katolla Thu 20-Dec-12 14:31:53

Congratulations pmgkt! He's a good weight! When are they letting you out?

allchik Thu 20-Dec-12 14:33:16

Yeeeey!!! well done you xxxxx

Well done pmgkt congratulations on your early Christmas present!

I wonder who will be next?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now