Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

eagleray Thu 17-Jan-13 10:44:59

Congratulations Spring - fantastic news!!

Lollipoppi - sorry you have this stress. I'm due tomorrow and ended up in hospital yesterday with raised BP and heart rates (mine and baby's). Turns out it was probably stress related as had been very upset about something just before I saw MW. Anyway it was all back to normal when I was on the monitor, but it's very worrying when they say there's a problem. I hope tomorrow's monitoring goes ok - will keep my fingers crossed for you

djvesi Thu 17-Jan-13 10:46:45

Well done spring!

I'm super jealous, we were due on same day!

strawberrybubblegum Thu 17-Jan-13 11:45:13

bunny - it seems like a good thing if your baby is moving over to the left even for a short while after the exercises, since it means he can move over easily, and that will hopefully happen quickly in labour. It's good to know that the exercises are doing something positive! I usually get quite a lot of wriggling after doing them, but no actual shift.

bealos - that really made me giggle grin

salt1 Thu 17-Jan-13 11:48:33

Well done spring

Hugs to all those worrying today. I am in the same boat too today. Just been to see midwife and have raised blood pressure so need to go to hospital now. Fingers crossed all will be fine.

Congratulations spring!

My sil also had her 4th last night tho she wasn't due til feb! Babies everywhere mil now has 19 grandchildren shock

Quick update - Baby girl born last night at 9.20! Amazing water birth.

Lostbobbles Thu 17-Jan-13 13:31:59

Congrats Chutes, Spring and Disco. Hope you are all doing well.

Wishing the rest of you lovely ladies still waiting, speedy and easy evictions Xxx

Tugstonia Thu 17-Jan-13 15:51:27

Congrats Chutes! Another of my EDD buddies who's had their baby, I am v envy.

Just seen midwife. All fine, offered me a sweep but I said no thanks and booked in to see her again next Thursday so going to do my darndest to get this baby out before then. I might even manage to convince DP to have sex with me grin.

godzookey Thu 17-Jan-13 16:24:48

aah * bealos* - love the fact that you're getting your partner to examine pads/loo roll grin

congrats ladies on all the new arrivals - still nothing really to report from my side and am most envy as one of the nct girls in my group who wasn't due until tomorrow, had her baby yesterday at home in the pool, super quick birth too.

40+3 today and counting - cue huge sigh!!

Also, think i should stop torturing myself by watching one born every minute - must be the masochist in me!!

lollipoppi Thu 17-Jan-13 17:20:13

Thanks guys, tugs that's good to know yours was around the same too. If I hadn't had the MW yesterday I would be blissfully unaware, I've had regular movements today which is reassuring. Fingers crossed the trace is good tomorrow x

CreepyCrawly Thu 17-Jan-13 21:07:04

Congratulations once again on more new babies!

Right ladies, at about 4pm I started getting back ache and a 'heavy' tummy. Very much like period pains, not really painful but very much 'there'. Went to the loo for a number 2 (sorry!) but still feeling like I need to go all evening but unable to. Stomach pains are still there, and back ache definitely still there. Haven't noticed a show at all, but could this be the beginning??

SilverSixpence Thu 17-Jan-13 21:43:24

Had contractions from 10.30am to about 5pm, at first they were 3-4 mins apart and really painful but eventually slowed down and stopped. Very disappointing!

Mine stopped yesterday, SilverSixpence, from middayish after starting 5.30am. I then went to midwife appt yesterday afternoon, she was completely unexcited and booked me in for appt next week. I sulked around my house for bit then the contractions crashed back at 7pm, baby born 9.20! Could be your 'rest and be thankful' stage!

Sending labour vibes to those still waiting!

Bunny222 Thu 17-Jan-13 23:00:45

chutes & spring many congrats looking forward to birth stories! Esp water birth.

strawberry good point about him still being able to move, will comfort myself with that.

Am so impatient and slow. An old man with two walking sticks overtook me today, pelvis is so heavy have to will myself forward. However, swimming much easier, managed 30 lengths at the pool, if only I could swim everywhere...!

bealos we are due on the same date, wonder who will get there first.

Getting fed up of waiting. Good luck to all u ladies gettong what sounds like early symptoms, I am just getting pains really low down that just disappear... :-(

SilverSixpence Thu 17-Jan-13 23:25:12

Chutestoonarrow that gives me some hope! I've read a few similar stories on here, it seem like when it gets going then things can happen quickly. Then again I read another thread where someone had contractions 20 days before she finally gave birth!

I missed a midwife appt so not sure what to do now, the next one available is in a week which will mean I haven't been checked since 37 weeks.

Tugstonia Fri 18-Jan-13 08:07:19

Creepy sounds like it could be the start! Just from what I've heard/read from others, not from personal experience. Good luck, hope things kick off for you soon smile

Lolli glad that you're having regular movements and best of luck for the trace today.

Silver how annoying that everything stopped, really hope it starts again for you.

Bunny v impressed with 30 lengths in the pool! Last time I went swimming I thought I would just sink to the bottom and managed about 5 lengths blush Also feeling very fed up now. The pains down low sound like what I've been having for a while which the midwife said is all good signs that things are happening, so take heart.

Today is my due day. I'm going to go for a long walk in a bit, hopefully before it snows, and spend the day on my ball eating pineapple and trying not to get pissed off if nothing happens!

Bunny222 Fri 18-Jan-13 08:37:42

Good luck tugs hope that walk sets things off for you. :-)

eagleray Fri 18-Jan-13 08:47:53

Due today too and already totally snowed in (and partner stuck about 100 miles away).

Got mixed feelings - desperately want baby out before pressure to induce starts, but am really stuck as surrounding streets impassable at moment (HB planned but not sure how anyone can reach me)

And breathe...

bealos Fri 18-Jan-13 09:27:28

bunny who knows when things will happen? I know that I'm really slow now too. Keeping up with ds(7) on his scooter is quite hard. I'm aiming for 4/5 Feb, so any baby appearing before that is a lovely surprise!!

katolla Fri 18-Jan-13 09:37:43

Friend who is not due for three weeks had hers last night. Jealous. DP gone out for day with no phone battery so trying to keep her in today anyway.

Bealos is it okay if I dm you for the birthing CD please? Never sent one before.

SilverSixpence Fri 18-Jan-13 10:03:40

I found remembering the hypnotherapy cd quite useful when having contractions yesterday, even though I've only listened to it 2-3 times so thanks bealos smile

bealos Fri 18-Jan-13 10:07:16

yes sure katolla just message me...

And yey! silver glad to be of help!

lollipoppi Fri 18-Jan-13 13:30:04

Quick update, trace was absolutely fine today!! Baby is obviously just being a little monkey grin

octanegirl Fri 18-Jan-13 13:48:26

lollipoppi you must be relieved!
I went in to the hospital for blood tests, MRSA test and to get my pre meds ahead of section. The place was deserted! There is masses of snow and everyone was going at 10mph. DP was very smug as our car has 4x4 with winter tyres (we bought it 2nd hand and it was pure luck!)- luckily, as we live on a farm so would never have made it up the track otherwise.
In other news - I had a show this morning but Midwife says it just means cervix is thinning and doesn't mean imminent labour.
Right, back to mucking out stables. My girl couldn't get into work today...

godzookey Fri 18-Jan-13 14:17:33

hi All,
Well, am trying to let the snow not freak me out too much - now that it's here, i don't want the baby to come - ok am being overly dramatic, not strictly true, am most annoyed about being stuck in the house, my daily walks are the only thing keeping me sane at the moment but even i'm not prepared to trudge around in just my flip flops, which are the only thing that fit me.

Question: If you want to have an elective Caesarean, do you have to book it in plenty of time? I'm thinking, if i have an induction which doens't work and end up having an emergency Caesarean, isn't it best just to cut out all that hassle (&time) and just ask for an elective C - i just don't know if you have to have booked that wayyyy in advance though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now