Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

woody2313 Mon 31-Dec-12 11:05:07

Have the ladies with babies set up a post-natal thread yet? Would be interesting for the rest of us to read to keep us going over the next few weeks!

Hello ladies. Glad i did my mad shop yesterday as what i can only imagine was my 'plug' just fell out of me! Little bit freaked to say the least. This happened after a sweep with ds2 and i went into labour the next day!

Crapping self!

Hope those who were off for c-sections and inductions are doing ok.

lollipoppi Mon 31-Dec-12 14:16:09

Oh gosh apple! Hope you were at home grin
I literally feel like baby is trying to claw it's way out of my belly today!! Also keep getting a strange "throbbing" right at the top of the inside of my legs .. (but not in my fanjo) ? Maybe it's just a nerve baby is on or something, anybody else had this?

PixelCarrier Mon 31-Dec-12 14:16:45

Congratulations birdies, hope the emergency section wasn't too traumatic.

Glad you're ok lostbobbles.

I think I'll definitely be tucked up in bed by 10pm this evening, although have come upstairs for a nap to increase my staying power. Don't think reading mumsnet threads counts as a nap though!

lolli yes thankfully at home. Thank god dh is off tonight!

bobbles was just shock at your story. Hope you are ok. Like tge idea of you bashing him with brolly!

pixel assuming nothing else happens for me i will b tucked up nice and early too.

Nothing else happening here though i now notice every twinge. A bit of period pain and some bh. If this is it i wish it would hurry up and happen!

happyhow Mon 31-Dec-12 15:00:33

Bobbles, I love the fact that you hit him!!gringrin

After my scan and consultation this morning, I'm being admitted to hospital tomorrow. sad The consultant did an internal examination and my cervix is very favourable (1-2cm dilated) despite not really feeling anything. She was able to push baby back up so she's not happy that it's engaged enough to stop the cord coming down should my waters break - I have extra fluid. She's allowed me to have tonight at home as we are going out for our last really nice meal for the foreseeable future and it's at my favourite restaurant! She inadvertently gave me a sweep though so I hope it doesn't all kick off tonight!!

Gosh it seems to be happening for lots of ladies! I had a couple of hours of contractions last night and this morning but all is quiet at the moment. I feel quite tired and anti-social. There is no way I will still be awake at midnight. I am half asleep now!

CreepyCrawly Mon 31-Dec-12 17:33:13

Good luck apple, and to those having inductions/sections today.

Happy New Year ladies & babies! X

Lostbobbles Mon 31-Dec-12 18:05:58

Happy New Years All

Good luck Apple and for you tom Happy

I had growth scan today, all looking to of improved ok, so fingers crossed I will be left on the vbac route. (Not that i am keen on either option, but since finding out about the self injecting after c-sec i am now favourable to the pooping a canon ball (as my lovely and not funny SIL keeps telling me it feels like)) Got to see consultant on Friday just for him to review the charts.

Off out to a friends tonight, taking DD so not sure it will be a late one but i have managed to get her to have a nice long nap so she will prob outlast me.

Will also try to avoid any further brolly bashing although the "any twinges", "don't have it today, new year day" etc etc comments could be trying.

PricklyPickleInAPearTree Mon 31-Dec-12 19:26:57

I've made us a post-natal thread for those of us who have already popped [[ http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1647974-January-2013-New-year-arrivals-welcomed-into-the-world here]]

As its new years eve it seems like a good time to say its been an absolute pleasure spending the last 9 months with you ladies. I felt so much more relaxed knowing there's somewhere I can go to ask stupid questions, complain or just be totally irrational. We've been through a lot together and I just want to say thank you for being such a lovely bunch. thanks

Aww prickly you wil make all these hormonal ladies cry! although i have to agree that having somewhere to chat to people going through the same thing thanks

Still here getting the odd contraction so just resting and hoping it all kicks off soon. Hope everything went ok for those in hosp being induced/ sectioned.

Happy new year all x

PricklyPickleInAPearTree Mon 31-Dec-12 19:54:00

My link didn't work. Balls.

lets try again

prickly thank you for the postnatal thread, and I 100% share your sentiments. It's been a pleasure, ladies, and long may our little group continue!

sanam2010 Mon 31-Dec-12 23:24:39

Spring flowers, good luck! That definitely sounds like things will kick off soon!

Will join the postnatal thread, where we can chat about spending new year's eve changing nappies :-).

Happy new year everyone!

newbie6 Mon 31-Dec-12 23:41:14

Here here prickly! Happy new year everyone and looking forward to hearing everyone's news as the days go on!

Xxx

Bunny222 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:28:14

Happy New Year all! I wonder who will have our first baby for 2013?! Im 37wks today, and really hoping not to get to 40wks!

Good luck all. Xx

newbie6 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:39:26

Me too bunny, 37 weeks today...I'm being induced or getting a c section next week, will find out on Thursday, v scary now to think I'll meet my son soon!

X

Bunny222 Tue 01-Jan-13 00:59:43

Newbie that is exciting! How come theyre startinr u off early? Sorry - am nosey and jealous...

MarasmeAbsolu Tue 01-Jan-13 05:14:06

Marlene was born NYE in the morning. All is well and she is a little gannet smile
Will update soon with more details.

any news from complicated?

Tugstonia Tue 01-Jan-13 07:17:27

Congratulations Marasme! Another baby girl smile Hope you're both doing well.

Happy new year everyone. I went out for a lovely dinner with DP and some friends and managed to stay up until 1am - get me! Still woke up at 5am though...

Also wonder how complicated is getting on and apple how are you?

Feeling ready to meet my baby now - out you pop please!

Happy new year ladies!
Congratulations to all the new arrivals!
I went out to a friends last night but couldn't hold out till 12 so returned home early and watched the fireworks on tv with dh and dc's.
I'm starting the new year laying in bed with a throbbing head and back ache sad ...but atleast dh has the day off so I can stay here a while longer.

Friends kept pointing out it could be any day now, I kept pointing out it could be another 5 weeks! Would be so much easier if we knew.

Hormonalhell Tue 01-Jan-13 12:04:19

I know exactly what u mean milk every day just gets more frustrating and more uncomfortable hmm

bealos Tue 01-Jan-13 12:41:50

Congrats marasme! You sound very calm and peaceful. Hope the labour was similar!

We're setting up the birth pool today at home for a practise run. All you ladies popping them out early has got me thinking it could be soon... (or in a month or February... you never know!)

MamaMary Tue 01-Jan-13 12:46:23

Just caught up on reading the thread, had been away over Christmas and only returned home yesterday.

Congratulations on all the lovely baby girls!

After my scary episode at 34 weeks things seem to have calmed down and I've had no symptoms, apart from a few aches and pains, for the past fortnight. I have an appointment on Wednesday and we'll see how my blood pressure is - at this stage last time it had risen quite a bit. I felt fine then and feel fine now so who knows what will happen.

Very tired today after staying up till 1am last night at a house party. I just wanted to rest today but DH is playing football from lunchtime till late afternoon and I've been informed my PIL are 'calling round' later this afternoon noon and somehow they always seem to be here at tea time and expect dinner so I'm actually feeling a bit grumpy. It's DH's last day off work and I was hoping to just chill sad

Lora1982 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:21:48

So after spending weeks in pain with the old wisdom tooth and three hours sleep in two days i also including sitting on the sofa in tears at 4am i FINALLY went to the dentist (extreme proud face) thankgod they were open today and thankgod asda was too so i could go get my antibiotics.

My thinking was if im stressed in pain no sleep and crying its no good for the bsby (the sods just punched me right in a bone though too late to rethink now) im also aware for labour to start your body needs to be relaxed so i had alterea motives :-D

in bed pilled up with an icepole stuck to my face catching up on much needed sleep waiting for labour.... Ppl said its a doddle compared to wisdom tooth pain woooh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now