Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

bealos Tue 18-Dec-12 13:31:17

marking my spot...

octanegirl Tue 18-Dec-12 14:00:18

Blimey - we are a talkative lot! I had my home visit from midwife today. Baby right way round and right way down, 3/5th engaged. 37 weeks. Now we wait!

pmgkt Tue 18-Dec-12 14:34:56

I do hope so!

theboutiquemummy Tue 18-Dec-12 14:40:12

will keep everything crossed for you pmgkt

octanegirl thats great news

still no news on how i'm going to deliver this little bubba getting more anxious by the minute, made the mistake of reading my notes little bubba has been Ceph for weeks and no-one has said anything to me about it !

36 weeks now surely someone will be making a decision soon

Sorry I have been awol. Am catching up on the last thread.

I had a midwife home visit today and have properly got the go-ahead for my home birth. I will get my home birth kit next week, just need to sort out the birthing pool.

I have managed to wash baby clothes and nappies so feel a little less disorganised. This child definitely must not arrive until January though, or she will be born into chaos!

pmgkt Tue 18-Dec-12 15:38:11

Ceph is just not engaged I think so they wouldn't mention it.

pmgkt Tue 18-Dec-12 15:39:39

Boutique are you expecting a non standard delivery, I lose track sorry

I had the homebirth midwife around today too. All was well except that I had glucose in my wee for the second time so am off for gd testing tomorrow. I feel really worried as I've headaches that I can't get rid of too. I just want the baby to arrive safely...
34+4

allchik Tue 18-Dec-12 16:35:25

Hey ladies, Im still here in baby-less land rather than in hospital ho hum. Still quite crampy and have started losing my mucus plug but that's kinda it.....midwife thinks things are prob kicking off but I guess it could still be a wee while yet....although id be very surprised if I go past my due date.

Sorry for getting you all excited!! Its so bloody confusing knowing whats norm and whats not!!!...anyone else losing their mucus plug???? bblleeuurrgghhhh xxx

dieciocho Tue 18-Dec-12 16:39:18

I'll find out at my dr/mw appointment tomorrow (33+6) if baby is still breech. Then I'll book myself in with DP's dad who's an acupuncturist, for some magic needles to move the little monster over Christmas!

Annoyed at old friend who's trying to scare me with articles about breech babies being unlikely to turn and almost always resulting in C-Ss. She should know better; she has a toddler herself so knows how scary this time can be!

birdiesinthesnow Tue 18-Dec-12 16:39:29

Ah boo allchik! At least you're at home though.

I feel really sick and have lower backache now. And lots of tummy tightenings. But I'm also really tired from last night so might just be that. Baby is so active still.

Anyone else still not sure on names?

Allchik - I only lost my plug with dd1 and that was at about 3pm on the day I went into labour. She was born at 9.30 am the next day. I am sure it means things are slowly getting underway. You could 'encourage' things a bit by bouncing on a birthing ball and trying up be super relaxed. Historically a womans body needed to feel safe and unthreaten to release the appropriate hormones to get labour really going. I hope you have your baby really soon smile

SilverSixpence Tue 18-Dec-12 16:40:30

thanks for everyone who's advised about back to back labour, i had a look at the spinningbabies site as my sister suggested it to me (she had a breech baby). It seems to have a lot of suggestions for what to do in an OP position labour so will have to have a good read of it beforehand. In the meantime I'm trying not to lounge around or lean back too much!

I've just bought a changing bag - decided to get a big leather bag with lots of pockets rather than a dedicated changing bag, and found a new Oushka one on Ebay which was a bargain! I will be returning this one. I have a travel changing mat already anyway.

Silver - dd2 was back to back and my labour was fine. I had quite a bit of backache during it and being massaged firmly in the back helped. It didn't prolong labour particularly - probably six hours from start to finish. Don't you have to lean forward a lot to try to encourage baby to turn around?

octanegirl Tue 18-Dec-12 16:55:47

birdies I dont have a name yet either. DP and I have a shortlist but there is still significant dissent! I think we will decide after he is born.

MarasmeAbsolu Tue 18-Dec-12 17:15:00

Marking space...

Good luck if things kick off allchick!

Does anyone know how long it takes for the head to go from 1/5 to fully engage?

CreepyCrawly Tue 18-Dec-12 17:25:32

Good luck allchik & pgmkt!

I went to my nephews christmas concert today, and every single person I spoke to told me I'd have my baby before Christmas!

Has anyone experienced painful baby movements? Sometimes when she's wriggling about (which is a lot, she's almost always on the go) it can be quite painful. It feels like she's going to burst through my stomach sometimes too!

birdiesinthesnow Tue 18-Dec-12 17:27:26

creepy yes mines a right wriggler, today she's been on the go most of the day. And sometimes I have to breathe through the movements when they're really strong.

Anyone else feeling sick out of interest?

CreepyCrawly Tue 18-Dec-12 17:35:55

Glad to hear it birdies. Not that it's painful, but you know what I meansmile

I felt quite sick last night, but fine today. There's a lot going around at the moment though, hope you haven't got a bug!

bealos Tue 18-Dec-12 17:45:24

Yes creepy Right now I feel a little bit like Ripley in Alien - only it's a baby's bum that appears to be wanting to escape out of my belly button. WRONG WAY BABY!

And SpringFlowers hope the testing goes well. I had glucose in my urine too, but the bloods taken the same day were OK. Midwife said glucose in urine can be triggered by as much as just having eaten a bowl of muesli!

happyhow Tue 18-Dec-12 17:48:32

Marking place...

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Tue 18-Dec-12 17:51:07

I'm feeling quite sick but I think thats a lot to do with baby bouncing in and out of my pelvis, engaging, disengaging, engaging the next day over and over. Some days I have rotten heartburn, others nasty low back and tummy pressure. Never both together.

I think this baby is not going to settle til the birth, its getting right on my wick I can tell you. I don't know if I'm coming or going anymore.

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 17:52:32

creepy mine has been really hurting with some things she's doing - no idea what, exactly, but I had a bit gasp last night with one of them and poor DH turned a whiter shade of pale!

birdies I've been feeling sick, and heartburny. Someone said on the dec thread that's normal for this stage due to hormone surges.

On a related note, has anyone been feeling ravenous? From 4 onwards, I am starving! Today has consisted of a ridiculously large bowl of crunchy nut clusters, 2 slice of toast with scrambled egg, a packet of squares, 2 crunch creams, and another 2 slices of toast. Dinner will be sausage, mash and yorkies with onion gravy. I am willing the time away so I can actually have my dinner I am THAT hungry.

Watching one born on 4od. Jealous of all those ladies. envy

happyhow Tue 18-Dec-12 17:55:41

I've been having quite painful movements too. It does take my breath away sometimes. They've def ramped up over the weekend and am beginning to get back ache. Going to get on the birthing ball and get this baby more engaged!

Good luck pmgkt...smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now