Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012- mass eviction.

(1000 Posts)
Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 11:03:55

Babies are coming out fast!

My best friend is downstairs on the ward her waters have broken and she's contracting after pessary last night! I'm super excited grin

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 10-Dec-12 11:05:21

Aw how lovely Spotty hope you get to see her and she has her baby before you leave. Any closer to discharge?

Thanks nutella and cookies (mmm delicious names!) I'm not holding my breath as I'm only 38+2. Just had to make a mad dash for the toilet though so you never know.

My kitchen is horrible too Nutella unfortunately we own it and can't really justify the cost of a new one when we're trying to sell.

RudolphTheRedNosedGiraffe Mon 10-Dec-12 11:07:02

Nursing bras... so what size should we buy? I got three a couple of weeks ago, tried them on and two seemed suitable baggy while the third was gigantic (even though they're all the same size on the label). Didn't think I'd grown much but I tried one on yesterday and it fits perfectly now so I'm worried they'll be too small once the milk comes in (the gigantic one is still gigantic sadly). I find it hard to believe I'll need an F cup though, I've always been tiny!

pgmt I'm glad you were able to get something more reasonable agreed.

Now my boobs have settled down my nursing bras are too big!

We are being discharged today woo! But it takes forever. We're waiting for the newborn hearing test and they're kicking up a fuss because he lost 50g err no kidding he's now bf on demand instead of you tubing him 30ml/hr!

Equimum Mon 10-Dec-12 11:19:37

Congratulations ollie and good luck Clarella

Spotty, that's fantastic news...so pleased for you that you can finally get home and get on with family life.

Whoever was asking about getting bored now....YES, ME TOO. I'm 38 weeks today and just getting so uncomfortable! Saw the midwife this morning and baby is more engaged than two weeks ago, so hoping that's a good sign, although from all the sharp pains I've been getting low down, I had been hoping it was already fully engaged. Oh well!

CODwidow Mon 10-Dec-12 11:29:52

Good luck clarella thanks

cherrypiew3 Mon 10-Dec-12 11:37:25

Have not been on for a few days so congratulations to everyone that has has a baby. thanks

Clarella good luck for today hope things go well and you have your lo to snuggle very soon.

Spotty Great news on going home today.

Due date today and I am feeling very sorry for myself 2 failed sweeps and another booked for tomorrow. I want this over now.

pmgkt Mon 10-Dec-12 11:38:07

39 weeks is the 21st of December so still a way off, but its something to aim for. Rather than maybe maybe sometime.

Stacks Mon 10-Dec-12 11:55:38

I think green discharge can worry midwives, as it could be a sign of meconium? Might be a good idea to phone your midwife and ask?

I got measured for nursing bras last week. The last said the fit them so you're using the most loose hook at the back (as you lose some chest width after baby) and 2 cups larger than you're currently wearing. Hope that helps!

I'm a day overdue now, and still quite calm about it. Would like baby on Wednesday grin. Also, my MW wouldn't even offer a sweep before I went overdue. So don't give up hope if your pre-dd sweeps didn't work.

gilsbubbles Mon 10-Dec-12 12:01:35

DP is having to start his paternity leave on wednesday, so he can come with me to my hospital appointment. Will be 9d over by then so junior will be putting in an appearance this week....

Stacks Mon 10-Dec-12 14:01:33

I've got some really low down aches. They're far too mild to be anything I think. Feels more like LO pushing his head down into my pelvis than any sort of contraction. Still, more than my usual no symptoms.

Was looking at my notes last night, last app MW wrote 3/5ths engaged. I can't remember if that's the good or bad side of half way?

MyDaydream Mon 10-Dec-12 14:06:54

2blessed me and DP upgraded to a superking earlier in the year, the not wrestling for space lasted about a month! It's amazing how quickly you get used to things.
What's the difference between a daytime nursing bra and a nighttime? Is it just a night time is less supportive and more crop toppy?
pmgkt finger crossed for you being able to go home.
cookies my midwife said she'd discuss induction at my 40 week appointment, but don't know if that's discuss dates or just discuss it in a general way.
spotty that's great news, congratulations.
stacks two cups!? I don't think I have room for them to get that much bigger.
I changed my mind on bra shopping today and caught up on some sleep, the one upside of this cold is that its completely knocked me sideways and I can now sleep for England. I'm still hoping today is the last day of feeling like crap though.

MyDaydream Mon 10-Dec-12 14:09:57

stacks I think I've read here in different places it can mean different things. I'm 3/5ths and here that means 3/5ths in cervix. My midwife explained it to her student as everything above cheekbones is fixed in place now.

And we're out!!!!

Stacks Mon 10-Dec-12 14:32:20

I'm currently a C cup, and she wanted to put me in DD or E cup. I texted DH after whose response was "is she taking the piss?" I guess we'll wait and see once my milk comes in!

There was a recommendation on here for nursing bras. I got one of those which is sold as size "34 B - F cup" and comes with a free extender for the strap to take it up to a 36 if needed. Was only £10 and claims to be comfortable enough for sleeping in. Shall go find the link of you're interested.

yuletopian99 Mon 10-Dec-12 15:17:12

Was told in debenhams that they can't tell till your milk comes in but that I'm up a band size plus associated cup size increase. Have bought one nursing bra for first emergency days then will get a load online and send back what doesn't fit.

Unless anyone knows ANYWHERE that stocks nice maternity bras in Manchester? Honestly, it's impossible to find anything but practical plain ones..

kate2boysandabump Mon 10-Dec-12 15:24:02

Baby Noah arrived at 11:58 this morning.
Very speedy, full story to follow.

Congratulations kate thankswelcome Noah. Hope you're both doing well

MyDaydream Mon 10-Dec-12 15:32:53

yule might it be worth tracking down an independent shop to see if they've got a pretty nursing bra stock?
stacks I'm already too big in band and cup for one of those, thanks though.
kate congratulations on Noah, lovely name. It was one of the ones DP vetoed because he's got no taste

Congratulations kate smile

Equimum Mon 10-Dec-12 16:39:58

Congratulations Kate, and another gorgeous name

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 10-Dec-12 16:41:48

Congratulations Kate, I love Noah too but like Daydream had it vetoed by DP thanks

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Mon 10-Dec-12 16:47:07

Congratulations Kate and welcome Noah thanks.

That's good news pmgk - sounds like a much better plan.

Bellaboo123 Mon 10-Dec-12 17:19:21

Congrats kate and welcome Noah.

Re bras I got measured when my milk came in and I'm wearing the same size as my maternity bras...which is up from a 34 to a 36 and from a D to a DD. I'd wait until your milk comes in...2 sizes bigger wld be swimming on me!

Bellaboo123 Mon 10-Dec-12 17:20:33

34d was pre pregnancy and 36dd is since pg and after giving birth...hope that makes sense...!

This thread is not accepting new messages.