Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012- mass eviction.

(1000 Posts)
Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 11:03:55

Babies are coming out fast!

Bellaboo123 Mon 10-Dec-12 00:13:30

Yay olibob congrats and fab story!!!

Wide awake. Tossing & turning am so flipping restless. Might as well be up all night feeding a newborn. Mind all over the place. Is this wait driving anyone else literally insane?!?
hmm

pmgkt Mon 10-Dec-12 01:43:27

Yes cookie is it, and I have 3 weeks til due date.

QueenoftheHolly Mon 10-Dec-12 07:31:45

At first I was quite glad to go over my EDD as I had lots to do.

Now I'm nearly a week overdue & I am bored bored bored with it. Thought it was happening on Saturday, but it didn't & now it feels less & less likely (which is clearly not the case!!)

Writing Christmas cards & researching nursing vests is just not cutting it! (Any recommendations for good cheap vests btw?!)

DH said as he left this morning, 'don't worry,I'm only a phone call away' & I thought why on earth would I worry? Clearly I'm not going to actually have a baby!! Silly man.

Annoying midwife who changed my sweep appointment from tues to Thursday said, when I asked about inductions, 'oh we don't need to discuss that, there's far too many complicated aspects to it' WTF? I'm 33 not 3!

I replied cheerfully oh that's ok, better to know the facts, & she said grumpily.. Oh ok, we'll talk about it on Thursday then.
Sigh.

MyDaydream Mon 10-Dec-12 08:15:21

Congratulations ollie and good luck for today clarella.
I'm hopefully going to go get fitted for my nursing bras today and feel a lot happier after looking online last night that it doesn't have to be an in attractive beige number. How many will I need realistically?

kate2boysandabump Mon 10-Dec-12 08:15:43

Clarella Huge amounts of good luck to you today. You have certainly been kept waiting long enough thanks

Bellaboo123 Mon 10-Dec-12 08:18:58

Good luck clarella smile

Good luck clarella!

kate2boysandabump Mon 10-Dec-12 08:21:02

Daydream I collected my nursing bras at the weekend. I got this one and it is actually very pretty. Try and go somewhere where you will get good advice and if you can face it try a few different places and pick what you think is best. I got mine from an independent and they were amazing. Maybe start with 2 and see how you go, you can always get more later.

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 10-Dec-12 08:25:33

Morning all.

Good luck Clarella hope everything good swiftly and a smoothly for you! flowers

Oh dear kafri I'm glad they're keeping an eye on you as that all sounds a little frightening. sad

That's good if its normal Giraffe I had no idea, green normally means bad things!

I'm awake as I kept thinking how messy the kitchen cupboards were! Yes really confused just had breakfast now I'm off to wash up and tidy them!

QueenoftheHolly Mon 10-Dec-12 08:32:30

grin fandango!
I just voted for you btw!

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 10-Dec-12 08:46:13

Thanks queen, I'm getting thrashed, bit I am happy to be in the shortlist!

Going to put my Christmas cd on to make the tidying a little more fun. I don't enjoy the cleaning, but I just can't help it. Is anyone else finding themselves compelled to do ridiculous jobs that you'd never normally even think of? DP thinks I've cracked up, he may be right grin

MyDaydream Mon 10-Dec-12 08:47:33

Thanks kate, I'm going to my usual bra lady who is very happy for me to take a long time and try on the entire shop to find the perfect bra, but would rather go in knowing how many I'll need than decide while in there with her throwing them at me! I loose control that way.

2blessed Mon 10-Dec-12 08:55:54

Congrats olliebob

Grrr to your patrinising mw queen

I finally have a new bed!! Lo still had me awake a couple of times but at least dp and I are no longer wrestling for space.
Next drama is that there is something wrong with my electrics, they kept tripping last night. My gorgeous pita new flat eh?
I guess all of this and my delivery woes are keeping me occupied and my bp high.
Off to see how this tens machine and then have a girlfriend coming round for lunch.

Hormonalhell Mon 10-Dec-12 09:03:55

Good luck Clarella hope everything goes ok for you flowers

Walnut8 Mon 10-Dec-12 09:04:32

Good luck clarella hope all goes really well.

Congrats Ollie love the name! Sounds a bit like my labour re speed after your eaters went.

I had greenish discharge (don't think it was show though) was swabbed and told it was prob due to thrush.

I would go three nursing bras. They seem to need changing frequently smile

ellliebelle Mon 10-Dec-12 09:23:03

cookies i feel for you cause i feel like im going insane too and in only 38 weeks today

queen the cheapest actual nursing vests i have found are from new look and are about £7 i think

Sorry on phone so cant remember who was mentioning induction but wanting a water birth. I feel very similar reallt wanted a homebirth more than anything this time round but am now getting so fed up that feel ill be swayed towards induction next monday when i see the consultant on thurs. She is doing me a sweep then so i can but hopr that has chance to work over the weekend but who knows

Ive never had a sweep before just wondering if any of you with 1/2 children already know how it compares to a sweep if your a first timer?

ellie Am just approaching due date, although my 4d scan said they expected the 6th which I wish I had never been told! And a failed sweep hasn't helped.
Will be thinking of you clarella
Nursing bras- you don't know which ones you're going to be happy with so I would get a couple and see how you get on. I've got two- one more padded and one more of a 'comfy' one, oh and a night time one I kept from last time round, to hold pads in place.

Still feeling sorry for myself so have eaten an Oreo cookie cupcake for breakfast! I don't even feel guilty. Only 48 hours till my next sweep.

Oh and willyule I did vote the other day! Wanted to support my fellow Dec lady even if you're not a front runner!

Hormonalhell Mon 10-Dec-12 09:51:49

In keeping with your name eh cookies?? grin

I have an amazing sweet craving every time I get up on the morning. Iced mince pies work for me grin

pmgkt Mon 10-Dec-12 10:00:52

The consultant has been around. The head has stayed down but is still moving around rather than what they would expect but if it stays that way, I maybe able to go home in a few days. If I can't go home they will section me at 39 weeks. Seems fair.

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 10-Dec-12 10:21:47

That's good news pmgkt, much better than the last update. When would 39w fall if it came to a section?

thanks Cookie grin. I think Oreo cupcake was your only option today tbh!

The green was definitely show, it's still coming <tmi>. Cupboards done! feel like shit now though, maybe back to bed!

pmgkt that sounds much more reasonable. FX for you. When will you be 39? Are you allowed on a ball etc to help with positioning?
My worry is that 40+12 is Xmas eve for me... When do you get given induction dates does anyone know? I will be demanding to know at my 40wk app this week- unreasonable?!
willyule sounds v promising! Keep us posted with updates won't you. I would never wish on/off early labour symptoms on anyone, I really hope things are on their way for you.
hormonal uh huh. Polished off half a tub of cookies and cream ice cream last night too. I think babba is liking these sweet treats too much to make an appearance.. Little chunk! (Ps massively sorry to any GDers left!)

itsMYNutella Mon 10-Dec-12 10:58:26

Cookies I think I read somewhere that LO can taste what you eat in the amniotic fluid but it is generally slightly sweet...

willyule hope the show leads to something for you! And well done on cleaning the kitchen. I hate our kitchen (rental place, very ugly brown kitchen) and have no desire to clean it... but that might change hmm

itsMYNutella Mon 10-Dec-12 10:59:38

pmgkt that sounds a little more bearable, hope you're doing ok with it all and can relax a bit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.