Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012- mass eviction.

(1000 Posts)
Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 11:03:55

Babies are coming out fast!

ellliebelle Sun 09-Dec-12 15:42:42

brooke great story and well done sounds like yoy did fab smile congratulations on the birth of Isla lovely name smile

RudolphTheRedNosedGiraffe Sun 09-Dec-12 15:56:26

congratulations COD, Stacey and Brooke!

I'm still here (and being asked to confirm it several times a day by random nosey acquaintances mostly of DH angry... is this going to continue for the next two weeks?!). Random cramping but don't think it's going anywhere. My bump has really changed shape in the past couple of days though, as it's got lower it's kind of spread out side to side so I'm getting kicked in the sides rather than the ribs and I've got this weird squashy bit on top. At first I thought something had gone horribly wrong (paranoid hormones) but baby is definitely still happy in there judging by the strengh of the kicks.

emilyeggs Sun 09-Dec-12 16:15:03

Marking my spot smile

WillYuleDoTheFandango Sun 09-Dec-12 16:55:23

Congratulations Stacey and Brooke very envy of you both, hope you're enjoying your cuddles

Giraffe, exactly the same happened to me yesterday. As it was combined with an increase in fanjo pressure I presumed it means that the baby has dropped.

Hope everyone else is well. Good luck for tomorrow Clarella and hope they do section you at 39 weeks pgmkt, leaving you another 2 weeks after that is inhumane!

Today I have lost some green plug, is green okay? Doesn't mean anything bad does it?

You would think with the minimal sleep I have been getting I would be able to keep up, but end up reading the same post over and over to try to absorb what's being discussed! Congratulations Stacey and Brooke, a lovely story Brooke.

TMI alert... I did my first poo!!!! Can't remember who suggested it (think Clarella) but I guzzled the lactulose, then guzzled a bit more for good luck and that did the trick with no discomfort.

Bellaboo123 Sun 09-Dec-12 17:55:55

Congrats brooke fab name and great birth story. Enjoy your snuggles. thanks

olliebob Sun 09-Dec-12 18:33:15

Congrats on the births that have happened since last night.

Well i was prepared that i would go 12 days over like my other 2 but dd2 had other plans. I started contracting at 9.30 last night and was in imense pain by the time i got the hospital at 12.40. Went to the mlu and was shown to a room where the midwife took my note to look at and asked me to do a sample, went in the toilet and waters popped. DH went to tell midwife and while out the room i was stood up and could feel dd2 head coming started shouting for help and then dd was there born at 12.50 this morning. No tears or stitches needed was just very shocked at the fast birth, had only had 2 paracetmol as apin relief. Am at home and me and Elizabeth are both doing well. Got home at 8.00 and other kids very excited by the fct baby arrived overnight.

Hope everyone is ok and the ones waiting for there bundles are joined soon xx

Wow congratulations ollie brooke and stacey I go off for a day to sulk and I miss out on so much! Great births. Love the name Elizabeth- it's my #2!

Yeh I have been having many a wobble over the past few days so been finding it hard to keep up, have been having early labour symptoms for like 2 weeks now and really is taking the piss every time it gears up for nothing it's just too disheartening. Think I must have lost about 5 plugs, had even more 'clear outs' and had so many false contraction starts I've lost count.
(Will stop moaning and feeling sorry for myself now, well I shall try!) when I'm actually I labour I don't think I'll believe it. So different to DD- nothing at all and suddenly started at 38 weeks taking me by the biggest surprise.

Best of luck clarella for tomorrow, you've got a stubborn one on your hands I think at 13 days over! Hope all goes smoothly for you.

ellliebelle Sun 09-Dec-12 19:17:44

olli congratulations such a quick anf shocking birth smile love her name and glad you are borh home doing well.

clarella good luck for a smooth induction tomorrow smile fx by this time tomorrow you will be having lovely squishy snuggles smile

Wow olliebob that must have been a shock! Congratulations smile lovely name thanks

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 09-Dec-12 19:38:57

Congratulations Ollie! thanks

emilyeggs Sun 09-Dec-12 19:55:48

That was quick ollie! Congratulations! envy I want a nice quick birth like that!

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Sun 09-Dec-12 20:16:03

Congratulations Ollie and welcome Elizabeth thanks.

Good luck for tomorrow Clarella.

WillYuleDoTheFandango Sun 09-Dec-12 21:19:50

Congratulations Ollie thanks

Just popping onto say good luck Clarella for tomorrow! Love your birth story brooke!

Ooh and congrats ollie that sounds like a great birth!

itsMYNutella Sun 09-Dec-12 22:10:29

Congratulations Ollie!

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Clarella... unless you're already snuggling your LO of course grin <looks around for Clarella >

brooke89 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:48:50

Congratulations ollie & stacy!

Thinking of you tomorrow clarella

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 22:54:08

Thanks ladies! Congrats Ollie!!!

Had an interesting desire to clean banister earlier ..... but no baby! He's going pretty nuts today though.

Lactulose rules. If you read how much u can actually have you just swig from bottle!

QueenoftheHolly Sun 09-Dec-12 22:56:28

Lots of luck clarella hope it goes very well & don't be afraid to demand the drugs if you want them!!!!

Hello isla & elizabeth <small finger waves>
Congrats brooke & olliebob.

Ok, baby. You & I are having stern words; just because I'm not punctual is no excuse [hands on hips]. & if you think you can stay in there guzzling like hungry caterpillar I've got some news for you...

gilsbubbles Sun 09-Dec-12 23:11:39

Good luck tomorrow clarella how all goes to plan and youre enjoying cuddles before bedtime.

yuletopian99 Sun 09-Dec-12 23:12:16

Congrats olli and Brooke!

Also good luck for tomorrow clarella - will be thinking of you all day; at least the waiting's almost over.. smile

Went for a v brisk trot to sainsburys and back and bottom of bump has been aching so much i can't stand up straight. Feel like a little old (fat) lady. Have finished my epic ex-employer fight though, and settled our new tenants in with one week to spare, so am now guaranteed to go to 42 weeks!

RudolphTheRedNosedGiraffe Sun 09-Dec-12 23:12:37

Congratulations olliebob! I'll have one like that please grin

Thanks willyule, it's reassuring to know the same things are happening to others too. I hope the baby has dropped but am still being told by people who probably don't actually have a clue that it doesn't look low enough yet.

I thought it was normal for the plug to be green? Not that I'd know, really. I'm sure someone more informed will come along soon.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Clarella - the waiting is finally over!

Evening everyone, some lovely birth stories on here! Am feeling quite envy!

I'm now 41 weeks, had a sweep today which was nowhere near as unpleasant as I expected. Got another sweep booked for Wednesday and then induction booked for Friday. Feel a bit anxious about it all, I just wanted a lovely chilled out water birth at my local MLU, not wanting to go into hospital at all sad Hopefully labour will get going by itself with the sweeps.

I've had a small show and have periody type pains so fingers crossed!

Hope we're all well - wonder if there will be any new little ones tonight?!

Kafri Sun 09-Dec-12 23:36:56

Well, congrats to those whose babies have come along. Very jealous of those whose are on their way and feeling sorry for those (myself included) who are waiting (and waiting and waiting) for things to happen.
Due on 21st and was naively hoping to be home for Xmas but starting to get realistic about just how many ladies go over their date. :-(

I'm really starting to struggle now. I'm so uncomfy all the time along with fretting a lot now that my bp started to dance and traces of protein in urine with headaches and swelling. I'm lucky cos my mw's are checking it daily and so far things have only crept slightly but doesn't stop me fretting which just makes time go slower.

This thread is not accepting new messages.