Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012- mass eviction.

(1000 Posts)
Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 11:03:55

Babies are coming out fast!

JoJoB77 Sun 09-Dec-12 11:12:20

Morning ladies, marking place smile

Congratulations stacey and brooke!

Not a lot happening here but then i do still have a week to go until i'm due grin

FriendofDorothy Sun 09-Dec-12 11:15:01

I am trying to be patient but finding it hard with all these babies making their appearances!

Stacks Sun 09-Dec-12 11:15:20

Marking my place. Due date today, think I'm going to spend it putting up my Christmas tree and wrapping presents. Certainly no signs of anything else happening!

I'm going to get my dad to deliver out Christmas tree once we're home which will be tomorrow at the latest....

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 09-Dec-12 11:39:55

Marking place <nosy>

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Sun 09-Dec-12 11:40:20

Just marking my place. Wonder who will be the first arrival on this thread.

2blessed Sun 09-Dec-12 11:40:56

Marking my place, due 2 weeks today!!

Still in the middle of delivery mayhem, off for a long walk as it looks quite nice out then back in to scrub floors.

kate2boysandabump Sun 09-Dec-12 11:42:15

Congratulations Stacey and Brooke thanks

I want a nice quick one like you and during the day too COD I've laboured overnight both times before and it is very tiring. Your little girl sounds like she's very accomodating smile

I'm going to decorate my Christmas tree today and do the rest of the house. The boys want a tree in their room too, if only ds2 would remember that if you put all the baubles on one side it will fall down hmm

My boys can't reach all the way round for a hug anymore sad To cheer me up ds2 said 'you're not fat mommy, just round like a snowman' hmm I felt much better after that little gem grin

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 11:48:18

That's so sweet Kate!

itsMYNutella Sun 09-Dec-12 11:50:12

kate that sounds sweet! Bless, he meant it in a nice way grin

Thanks for the new thread Honey!

Making Christmas errr things hmm today - sorry to all GDers! But it's huge here in Germany and I've realised that we don't really have any British equivalent so I'm making what takes my fancy. We're off to friends later so that's why I'm baking.

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 11:54:55

Mince pies nutella? Ooooo you could make nutella favoured ones smile Xx

gilsbubbles Sun 09-Dec-12 12:06:52

Morning ladies and welcome to all the new snuggly bundles. I'm 7d over now and coming to terms with probably being induced next week rather than the chilled water birth I'd hoped for.
Got a very close friend who's an obstetric consultant and gave me some good info about possible age related issues with going more than 10d over. Had made me have a wee think, and I'm going to be cautious and opt for earlier induction rather than hold out longer in the hope of an ideal birth which may not happen anyway.

Can remember who was talking about irrational crying...I'm up to about 3 times a day, and usually can't even tell DP why I'm crying, patience of a saint.

Hormonalhell Sun 09-Dec-12 12:07:05

Marking my place too...just getting out of bed blush going to have a bath then hit the German market smile

Hormonalhell Sun 09-Dec-12 12:08:53

I'm so not surprised u crying gils I just cannot comprehend getting to how far u have. I'm in so much pain now and still have 3 weeks to go!

Hello, still pregnant here although had a few contractions on motorway yesterday which put the fear of God into Dp!
Must scrub floor in a minute

kate2boysandabump Sun 09-Dec-12 12:23:55

It's me that keeps crying blush I cried again yesterday when a friend brought flowers for me, to cheer me up after I'd cried over her in the playground the day before. It getting a bit blush to be sobbing all the time.

Hormonalhell Sun 09-Dec-12 12:28:30

Awww kate very emotional time for us heavily pregnant insomniacal beached whales!! grin

pmgkt Sun 09-Dec-12 12:29:54

Marking place. Congrats to everyone with babies and good luck to the lucky ones in labour. Although I'm in hospital I've got a head ache so not living on my phone to keep up with posts.

Anyway update for me. The same doctor as yesterday came around this morning and dh was here so able to ask lots of questions. He is sounding happier to consider 39 weeks and feels that would be s better balance however my consultant is a different person who I will see tomorrow, so trying not get my hopes up.

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 12:30:37

Sorry your low gils <hugs> don't forget those horrid hormones making it worse. I think that was the stuff that really confused me. Had a big wobble yesterday when he went quiet and I thought shit should I have gone for the Friday , how could I forgive myself if something happened?? (Went for drive and got the usual excited pummelling) going from being prepared and sometimes actually excited for the totally unexpected to choosing a baby's birthday from a menu but weighing up the associated pros and cons really did my head in. Both Dh and I said it's sort of made us lose sight of what we're aiming for - our first child!!!! counting kicks like billy-o. And yes ideas of water births.... !!!

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 12:33:19

<hugs for Kate too>

Hope your consultant feels the same pmgkt. Keep getting those second and third opinions hon.

MyDaydream Sun 09-Dec-12 12:39:01

I'm crying a lot too, usually when I'm awake at night and just need sleep and everything just seems ten times work. Spend all day feeling exhausted, heavy eyed and yawning then as soon as I go to bed I'm wide awake.

itsMYNutella Sun 09-Dec-12 12:42:25

pmgkt at least it sounds like there might be some flexibility in it. Good that you could ask more questions and FX consultant has time for a chat / outs your mind more at ease tomorrow.... hope they don't have a total god complex

Clarella my mincemeat is very precious, I do have a jar full but will not be spoiling adapting it with Nutella... Plus I think trying to explain what mince pies are will be confusing enough grin oh if I only I had the bits for a steak and kidney pudding! wink if I get round to mince pies I'll probably be enjoying them all on my own smile at the mo <whispers>... I'm just making biccies

itsMYNutella Sun 09-Dec-12 12:48:13

Oh, yes to bonkers hormonal crying... I had a huge melt down the other night, think I was a bit over tired too
... I was so upset to still be awake (at almost 2am, DP had been asleep for over an hour) and so uncomfortable. Of course I ended up waking DP; I told him that I didn't want to be pregnant anymore and I didn't want a baby I just wanted to sleep! blush felt horrible and DP was still lovely and every time he tried to be nice and stop me sobbing uncontrollably crying, I cried more!

Only a few more weeks for me shock .....confused

brooke89 Sun 09-Dec-12 13:01:47

Thank you for all your congratulations, still very shocked its all over but whilst Isla has a nap on my chest thought I'd write my experience whilst still fresh!

So lost what I guess actually was my plug - snail trail,
No bloody show or anything.

Next day went on as normal and started having really bad lower back ache and generally feeling a bit crampy, nothing that alarmed me so went to Morrisons to buy some prawns and as I got back in the car I noticed small gush of fluid - probably about 2 shot glasses full. Drove home got in and ran to the loo with the runs and then back ache started getting worse. Waited till DP came home at 6 and then we went up to triage where they examined me and I was 2cm. At this point my contractions felt like bad period pains that came from my back around to my front.

Decided to go home as lady in bed next to me was far too annoying - got home 9ish and kept an eye on contractions which were every 4-5 mins but quite irregular. Decided to go back to labor ward as they were hurting a bit more and didnt have a clue what was going on. Next examination showed i was 4cm and this was about 12 ish.

From 12ish till 5 in the morning my contractions were getting really strong and more and more painful. Isla was moving with each one which was making it worse and they were worried about dip in heart rate so had to put a clip on head (which felt disgusting when baby was moving lol) I then started to feel pressure in my bum and thought after 4 hours I must be nearly ready to push but after examination I was still only 4cm. Absolutely freaked out and they were now worried about not progressing so started to think about drip whilst I demanded an epidural.

Anesathist came round to do the epidural and just as she was about to put it in I screamed to stop as I felt a lot of pressure in my bum like I wanted to push - mw said there was no point in examing me as had only been 30 mins but I knew things had moved on - she examined me and I was 10cm and ready to push - pushed through the pain and 15mins later Isla was born with help from ventouse and small cut.

The last bit going from 4cm to baby out in 45 mins was painful but all in all I can't believe how easy it was. I was so scared after hearing horror stories but It was nothing like them, I trusted in my body and although it did hurt it was bearable with only gas and air - I loved it! DP got a lot of sick over him and is scratched to death but we are both very happy she is finally here!

This thread is not accepting new messages.