Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 11-Dec-12 21:49:59

Hope you don't get the bug, Wing. I am starting to feel better now. It's DS's nativity play tomorrow, and I don't want to miss that.

Had flu and whooping cough jabs today all o can say is ow!

Got my next scan on friday and midwife next wednesday have to see her every two weeks till 36 weeks then weekly!

Laying in bed im tired but i cant switch off

WingDefence Tue 11-Dec-12 22:24:55

That sounded lovely tired.

Glad to hear you're feeling better Child. DH isn't well at all but doesn't seem able to be sick. He says he's not been sick from a tummy bug since he was in primary school sad I really don't want to catch it.

something, that sounds painful!

Well I'm now in DS's bed, about to try to sleep. Thank goodness he's at a sleepover tonight. This actually was my bed when I was his age till when I was a teenager! Hope I sleep okay in this room...

Night all.

Pineapple80 Wed 12-Dec-12 10:51:40

So glad to hear your scans went well something and mrsbri. I can imagine it is a relief and how exciting about having a little girl something!

I had my GP appointment yesterday over here & got bloods done again and have been referred to my chosen hospital. Have my 12 week and NT scan on Friday.

Hope everyone is feeling ok and not caught any of the bugs going around!

tiredteddy Wed 12-Dec-12 16:19:10

Hey pineapple the weeks are ticking by and nearly time for scans then, exciting!

We are just setting off to Kingston upon Thames to finish the Christmas shopping before the weekend. Yay grin

WingDefence Wed 12-Dec-12 16:27:37

I used to work in Kingston tired. I remember a really good sandwich place down a side street off the main shopping street. Can't remember what it was called hmm Hope the shops aren't too manic!

I'm not sure how to say this, because I am probably completely wide of the mark, but a lovely MNer nominated me for the MN Secret Santa thread and I don't know who did it (and part of me doesn't want to know else I'll get all embarrassed!) and I don't know why you did(!) but I just wanted to say Thank You so much for nominating me thanks

I received a lovely parcel from my Secret Santa (who isn't that secret actually, as she posted on the thank you thread with her real name!) and because I'm fed up at the moment (just had to cancel my meal out tonight but DH does seem a lot better tonight) I opened my gifts to find a madly generous Argos voucher for DS and some homemade jewellry for me.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed really - I didn't know of the thread until after it had closed, otherwise I'd have nominated all of YOU lovely ladies for being kind and supportive and funny and wise and fabulous. But as I'm sure we'll all be chatting away this time next year on the Just Mumming thread, I hope you get to experience the warm fuzzy I Luff MN feelings I have right now for yourselves grin

tiredteddy Wed 12-Dec-12 16:32:51

Oh wow wing that is SO lovely! You deserve it I think, you are always kind, calm and warm with good advice! Enjoy x

Pineapple80 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:07:11

Oh that is lovely wing! Hope you got your shopping all done tired! We haven't even started ourselves but hopefully over the weekend smile

Hi!

Erm, so it appears I'm back. In case I'm not remembered (how presumptuous to think people might remember me) I'm 25, one ds who is 15 months, missed miscarriage on 4 Oct at 11 weeks. We weren't trying again. I've been on the pill. A test tonight has come up a faint positive. (I started a fred about it in chat) I can't say i'm over the moon, quite annoyed really, but when I test tomorrow morning, if it's positive, i'll be posting in here again because you're all quite a lovely bunch of vipers.

WingDefence Wed 12-Dec-12 20:19:49

Thanks you two smile I've had a crap day and I'm feeling really down about my birthday tomorrow (ended up cancelling the posh meal we had booked tonight for it) and DS came home from seeing Fr Xmas with my DPs extremely upset so I'm on tenterhooks thinking he's going to be puking with this bug any minute now and with DH still fragile I'll be dealing with it, which would not be a great way to spend my birthday.

But I'm being silly, and selfish and hormonal. I had a crying fit at my parents because they wanted me to open something special my DM has knitted for me (she's amazing) tonight while they were here and I felt really under pressure after a horrible work day and the stress of DH being ill and disappointment of my birthday probably being crap and just everything is rubbish.

But enough about me and my upsets, I hope you've all had fab days whatever you've been up to biscuit

WingDefence Wed 12-Dec-12 20:21:12

Oh gosh, welcome frying! +-posted with you!

Fingers crossed its a proper Big Fat one tomorrow morning then grin

Ah Wing, It's so good to see things are going well for you! Not right now like, but still.

Part of me, a large part, is hoping tomorrow is a negative. I'll be sure to update just in case. After the miscarriage I hid the other thread, and i've missed hanging around. So even if it's a BFN, i'll still stalk. smile

Oh wow welcome back frying

wing happy pre birthday and lucky you on your secret santa!!

Btw im now having a girl that i know off maybe i got confused with Guinea?

Is anyone smaller with their second pregnancy?

Pineapple80 Thu 13-Dec-12 01:44:20

Oops sorry something, must have got confused about having a girl! wink

Hi frying! Hope everything works out for you whatever the outcome.

Big <hug> to wing, I hope you are alright and that you do have a nice birthday. Sending you Aussie birthday wishes as it's technically your birthday now over here grin!!

tiredteddy Thu 13-Dec-12 07:38:58

Morning all. Hi to frying sounds like a puzzling time for you, keep us updated there's lots of hands to hold here!

wing try not to be too down about you birthday, is it a milestone or just your hormones playing havoc? Could you rebook the posh meal for when DH is better? winewinewine non alcoholic of course!

I'm doing well with the shopping only my mum to sort out now, then all the wrapping. Going to see The Hobbit today with a dear friend while the boys are at school. It feels rather naughty!

Happy birthday Wing!

I took another test, same result. Apparently the odds of 2 faulty tests in the same box are slim to none. So looks like I belong here:-) kinda mixed feelings, we're both anxious but we'll be ok. Have decided to act pregnant, and test again next week. Just in case :-P

a girl something! That's wonderful, congratulations.

Tired - I'd love to see the Hobbit. I'm gonna see if I can get a baby sitter for ds and go see it soon.

WingDefence Thu 13-Dec-12 08:48:44

Thanks for your birthday wishes everyone. DH seems lots better thank goodness but DS is playing up and won't stop crying/wingeing which is completely unlike him so I think he can't feel well (even though he says he's fine) and I'm not sure I want to chance going to the Trafford Centre today. So tears from me too this morning I'm afraid and I've not felt in the mood at all to open any cards or presents yet.

In fact perhaps I'll just leave DH to deal with DS and I'll work today instead of taking it as annual leave. Might as well since it doesn't feel at all like a special day <sob>

WingDefence Thu 13-Dec-12 08:49:29

And frying, get yourself a CB digital pronto smile

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 13-Dec-12 08:52:21

Hope today is a better day wing. Happy birthday!

frying have you had a negative result between October and now? Was the positive at the right time in your cycle? As you say it is very, very rare to get a false positive.

Aw wing i'm sorry today is being so rubbish for you. Maybe get your DH to take your DS for a while and have a long bath with a good book. Then, maybe you'll feel up to celebrating? Definately eat cake.

Hi curious yeah i did. I had the negative on 2 Nov so it's not because of the mmc. It's a whole new one. I get paid next week so i'll digi test then. I wish that this light bleeding would stop. It just seems like old blood (sorry, TMI) and there's been nothing new.

Just trying to get my head around having another baby.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 13-Dec-12 10:57:22

Just lost really long message.

There was lots of sympathy for you wing. frying sorry for all the questions. After my ectopic I get anxious about people waiting and seeing, but it makes sense in your case.

It's totally understandable. I just called the Early Preg. Unit at the hospital who said it probably wasn't a faulty batch, to test again in a week

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 13-Dec-12 12:26:23

My hormones are horrendous today. Ds wouldn't eat his lunch and threw his blueberries all over the floor. I then banged my head on the table when I was picking them up. I cried my eyes out for about 5 minutes while ds looked confused. Full of the cold, so it's obviously making me a little sensitive smile

Persuasion Thu 13-Dec-12 16:57:08

wing sorry you're feeling rubbish. I second the previous suggestion of a bath and relax to make yourself feel better.

frying welcome back, even if you weren't expecting it.

I'm now 11+3, still horribly tired and sick. DH has work xmas do tonight, so will be late home. So my big dilemma is whether to nap when I get in, then do dinner, or dinner then nap (I want to be up when he gets home so I can collect from the station). It's a hard decision. I also have to decide what to have for dinner, but am strongly leaning towards hot buttered toast at the moment!

This thread is not accepting new messages.