Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

Just popping in to say were home safe and resting had a tough time had to do a stint in intensive care but we made it through. No more babies for me though

tiredteddy Sat 02-Mar-13 20:03:37

Hi something. Good to hear from you. Glad you are home and ok. How are both you DS's? And you?

MrsBri Sat 02-Mar-13 20:32:31

Lovely that you're both home now...can get into your new routine now :-)

Practisingparent Sat 02-Mar-13 21:26:32

Something Glad you all made it home safely, good luck with your new home routine. Are you sure, this will be the last baby?

Dysgu congrats on beginning mat leave, I still have to work till the end of March, but Im only 2 days a week anyway! (Sometimes its easier than staying at home anyway).

Feeling overwhelmed with the prospect of getting dd potty trained and into new bedroom, but i hope to have both these sorted before baby arrives hmm. Need to sort some more storage solutions in bedroom as dh is using most of dd's wardrobe in prospective bedroom. help!

Dysgu Sat 02-Mar-13 21:38:49

Sorry to disappoint but Dysgu is actually pronounced sort-of like 'dusky' but feel free to keep saying it any way you like!!

Something glad to see that you are finally home. Are you all settling in together? How does Zac like being a big brother? Is it your decision that this will be the last baby or has that been decided for you with all that you when through? Hope you are feeling okay.

I am 'only' 32+3 so have finished work very early, I think. I was originally going to work through to the end of March and the start of the Easter holidays but am actually really glad to be finished. I imagine Monday will seem a bit strange but I have so many things to get sorted around the house to keep me busy.

We have past the stage where DD1 arrived but have another 2 weeks or so to go until we are past the arrival stage for DD2 so we are simply waiting to see what happens. There has never been any warning that anything is going to happen apart from a slight bleed a week before DD1 arrived, although no one considered that it was actually a show at the time. But that didn't happen with DD2.

I will have 3 school-days free each week and will have DD2 home for the other two days which will probably be more tiring but they are Weds and Fri so i have a break in between!

Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:48:53

Something glad you're home safe and well.

Practicing how old will your DD be when the new baby arrives? My DS will be 2.7 and I'm debating trying to potty train him before October when MiniRock arrives or if I should wait until the upheaval of a new sibling has passed. Anyone got any ideas?

Dysgu Sun 03-Mar-13 08:07:32

Rockchick with regards to potty training; DD1 was 27 months when DD2 arrived and had already been showing signs of being ready to potty train. However, I had read up about it and read somewhere that it is important that baby and parent(s) are ready and I did not feel ready to have to cope with that alongside everything else.

As it was, we ended up leaving it until we were more settled which turned out to be about when DD1 was 2.7 years as we had a holiday booked before then too and I didn't want the bother of having to find public loos abroad!

We put DD1 in a pull-up on her first day at pre-school which was when she was exactly 2.8 months. She was dry, day and night, by the end of the week and there was no hanging about the house. Life carried on as she was SO ready that it all just slotted into place.

FWIW DP DSis has a similar age gap with her two (to you) but the oldest, a boy, had just started potty training by the time his DSis arrived. He regressed and it took nearly another year for him to be dry in the day and a lot longer to be dry at night.

I am not sure there is a right time, just the right time for you and your DC. Good Luck what ever you decide.

Rockchick1984 Sun 03-Mar-13 08:14:20

Thankyou Dysgu it's difficult to know what to do for the best! I'm thinking about having a try in a few months and if he doesn't take to it easily then stop again - I'm generally a lazy laid back parent and figure most things shouldn't be overly stressful for either me or DS, so just go with the flow smile

Its lovely to be home. Zac isnt that intrested in henry pokes him now and again and thats about it.

I had sepsis after i had zac and had severe sepsis this time. I was told i was lucky not to of died and that this will happen each time i have a baby and will be worse each time. I cant face going through that again or even have the risk of leaving my boys without a mum

notsoold Sun 03-Mar-13 08:51:04

Something....congratulations on having little baba and being home. What a scary thing to be told by the doctors.! You are right in your decision..... Take care thanks xxx

tiredteddy Sun 03-Mar-13 09:43:00

Something, there was a tiny age gap with me and my big sis 13 months and mum said she wasn't overly interested in me really. Think babies zacs age are too busy walking exploring and learning themselves. Horrid about the sepsis but a beautiful family you are now. Congratulations again.

tiredteddy Sun 03-Mar-13 09:46:16

Rockchick, I also agree that the more ready/ older your dc are the better they take to potty training. It's one of those tongs patents can be competitive about isn't it. So and so was dry at 18mobths etc. Both my boys were nearing 3 when I potty trained them and I fitted it in around school holidays. The were then both dry day and night in less than a week. Do find a time that suits but be aware that the new baby may set things back. wink

Its lovely to be home. Zac isnt that intrested in henry pokes him now and again and thats about it.

I had sepsis after i had zac and had severe sepsis this time. I was told i was lucky not to of died and that this will happen each time i have a baby and will be worse each time. I cant face going through that again or even have the risk of leaving my boys without a mum

MrsBri Sun 03-Mar-13 13:13:49

Goodness, something, that's really traumatic. Will you be sterilised / your DH have the snip, or will you go for belts and braces contraception? I think it is the right choice too, FWIW.

I want to be steralised but as im 19 i will have to fight hard for it. For now im planning on an implant and condoms. Really cant face the thought of another pregnancy let alone an unplanned one

WingDefence Mon 04-Mar-13 09:08:40

Blimey something what a decision to have to be thinking about at your age, and with two lovely babies to be thinking of instead smile

I'm so glad you're home. Just keep Mr Something away for now (no shagging like something for the next few weeks anyway I'd imagine!) and then the implant and condoms sound good. Or implant and non-hormonal coil? I personally cannot stand condoms and have barely used them (I've only JSed in relationships and have always been on the pill) but that's just my opinion!

Rock, DS was 2.8 when we potty trained him and he was completely dry in the day with no accidents after 3 days because he was very ready. We did it a couple of weeks before the end of the summer holidays. But I wouldn't try to rush things - you can't really do it by a calendar or because a baby is due, you'll just know when she's ready.

As Dysgu says, you need to be ready for the both of you. It is far, far better and preferable to have DD is nappies for longer than she really needs than to start potty training and it take months! Unless you think 'yes, she's totally ready' in the summer holidays, definitely leave it until after the baby has arrived!

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 04-Mar-13 09:26:18

Quick wave to everyone so I don't lose the thread.
And glad you are home something hope everything is well on the mend now and you get the chance to enjoy your family...

WingDefence Mon 04-Mar-13 09:59:20

Stuck you can just 'watch' the thread so you don't lose it? Then it's listed under 'Threads I'm Watching'.

I've just thought - who is going to start the next fred? I started this one and I reckon it should be someone who has got a bit longer than me before they pop... MrsBri now that you have your broadband and you chat a lot on here or Gary / Rock / Child /anyone else? grin

notso, still thinking of you in thelead up to Thursday's scan... thanks

tiredteddy Mon 04-Mar-13 11:26:49

Morning all. What does everyone have planned for this week? I'm attempting to clean my house but actually browsing online as DH is going to buy me a new baby carrier/ sling as my mothers day present. I think I'm going for an ergo...

WingDefence Mon 04-Mar-13 13:26:31

Afternoon tired smile

DH and I have just been out for lunch at our local town as I had to pop to the post office. The rest of the week = work but I am seriously taking it easy!

I'm sleeping really badly at the moment. MiniWing is not engaged (2nd ones engage much later apparently) so when I'm lying down she's right up in my ribs, then I get cramp in my legs and my arms last night had restless limb syndrome, if I lie for too long on one side it hurts but of course I have to wake up to turn myself over, then sometimes only laying on my back gives me relief but then I can't sleep for long in that position now because I get MW under my ribs and it all starts again.

I eve considered trying to sleep on the sofa last night for a different position but I was too sleepy to consider moving as I thought I'd really wake up if I took myself downstairs IYKWIM but was half-asleep so thought it'd be better to stay in pain bed. Grr.

MrsBri Mon 04-Mar-13 13:58:32

Hi Wing...if I'm about when the thread needs doing I'll oblige :-)

Between work and the trains today, somebody is trying to kill me off with extreme heat. Suffering a massive headache, which isn't pleasant.

It isn't good about your crap sleep, Wing. I get restless leg syndrome and cramp in my legs too. It's not good, is it? I totally empathise. Not had the rib experience yet...Baby B likes to lie back and kick upwards, I think. Currently being battered while on the train home!

I apparently slept through a good fidget / kicking last night. I dropped off on the sofa and Baby B was kicking up a storm according to DH who kept his hand on my belly the whole time and said it last about an hour! I must have been tired.

Tired, let me know what the sling is like as I still need to get one. There's apparently a sling library in Liverpool, but we would both need to go as it is something DH really wants to do. And that's a pain during the week.

Only 2 weeks left at work, Wing...I'm counting my 10 weeks down by the hour! Need to ask about working from home one day a week too as the commute isn't doing much for me. As it was mentioned in my risk assessment, I'm sure it'll be fine, but need to check.

Ditto Wing's good wishes, notso.

tiredteddy Mon 04-Mar-13 17:18:35

Anyone watching the bbc1 drama Mayday? It's filmed in my town. grin

Ooh tired ill be watching tv rival Broadchurch tonight as filmed down the road from me (30 mins away but everythings that far from me) grin

WingDefence Mon 04-Mar-13 17:54:50

Great MrsBri (the new Fred not the painful sleeping and kicking!)
grin

tired and blondies - look at you two famous ish MNers! Where are both of those progs filmed then?

I'll be watching the footy tonight with DH (even though someone has loaned me Skyfall on dvd and it's due back on Wednesday), but I may record one of the above depending on what they're on smile

35+2!

tiredteddy Mon 04-Mar-13 18:05:25

Mayday is filmed in Dorking, Surrey. It's on every night until thurs 9-10. It's funny seeing it on tv, how they use locations like someone walking somewhere and you know that that's not at the end of that road confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.