Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

notsoold Thu 21-Feb-13 22:45:33

Wing...hi there!!!smile
Kitten...hope you are well....

I am not sure I mentioned on this snug re not telling dh until I was sure everything was ok ( like after the baby was born...joking). But my lovely, absent minded and deranged dh decided to buy a big piece of furniture at ikea whilst there. I do not want to carry anything heavy until ....never so I told him about pg standing in the middle of the plants....He was cautiously happy....and told me if needs be to pay for an early scan. Of course it means I am even more worried about any pain twinge/lack of symptoms etc....
But at least I did not have to carry any furniture at all....smile

Practisingparent Fri 22-Feb-13 15:03:07

Wing congrats on last early morning train for a while. Are you working from home from now on till mat leave? You must be starting ur actual mat leave about the same time as me (beginning April?).

Dysgu scary thought having the baby just weeks into your 3rd trimester, we are due at same time, but if I had baby now, I would feel truly unprepared!

Have had some 'nesting' instincts. If I see a cupboard with grubby marks, I have to clean it out, thoroughly. I sorted the tupperware drawer the other day, and got rid of some bits and bobs (everything nicely stored with lids now. I also cleared out the envelope and battery drawer this morning! I desperately need to sort out dd's new bedroom, but I figure there is no point till we replace double bed with little bed, and we still dont have that.

I have also got boxes of clothes down from loft, but dont see the point in washing and ironing them till I have somewhere to put them! Still feel like there is so much to do!

Congrats Persuasion, its brilliant having a little girl!

notsoold excellent excuse! good luck...

Hooya Sat 23-Feb-13 01:06:13

Hello everyone! Been away ages with work taking over life again...

Kitten poor you, real heart in mouth feeling I imagine!

Persuasion congrats on a girl! smile

Something hope your recovery continues well!

Wing and Dysgu good luck with the last days / weeks of work, must be lovely and manic at the same time!

Waves so sorry you are really going through it sad there is no comfort except that it will end eventually...

Guinea hope you are sleeping better! Your DCs sound lovely smile

Practising jealous of your nesting instincts, my tupperware cupboard tumbles out all over the floor when I open it!

MrsBri hope you are resting up properly after the move!

Frog notso blondies hope you are all doing ok through the agonising waiting!

Hello to Gary and Child and tired and Rock and anyone else I missed!

Hooya Sat 23-Feb-13 01:09:33

Here I'm 10+4 and counting the days til my next scan bang on 12 weeks.

Started to feel a bit better but still sick in the mornings every couple days, and can't go more than an hour without food blush

My boobs are huge now, living in Japan you can imagine they are somewhat out of the ordinary!

Nice lazy weekeend planned, what's everyone up to?

Pineapple80 Sat 23-Feb-13 10:06:54

Hope your sickness passes soon Hooya! I was quite lucky and only really had slight nausea up to 12 wks and after meals. I'm 23 wks tomorrow and have started getting heartburn recently! It's annoying, I love my food too and I'll probably need I eat smaller meals now!

grin about bigger boobs! I don't mind it since I've always had small ones and its a nice change grin.

A lazy weekend here for me too. Having lunch with my cousins tomorrow which in looking forward to. Then back to work on Mon... Weekends fly by too quickly!

MrsBri Sat 23-Feb-13 13:19:17

Our due dates must be almost identical, pineapple, as I should have been 23 weeks on Monday, but was moved forward so am actually 23+2 today. Even though that isn't possible, as I know the date of conception, which was 30th September!

I was sick almost every morning from 7 weeks through to about 14, then it only stopped completely at about 16 weeks. I felt sick almost constantly from 7 to 11 weeks as well. And was sometimes randomly sick during the day / evening. Could've been worse though!

I too have massive boobs. DH loves them! They are cumbersome though :-/

So good that you've no more trips to London, Wing. So envious of your 3 weeks left at work! I have 11 to go. Boo!

Hope baby remains put, Dysgu. How are you now?

Hope you're ok, something, and will be home with Henry very soon.

Hi to everyone else :-)

I'm relaxing today...exhausted after the move and 3 tough days at work. House is nigh on sorted now, thank god.

Though trying to get DH to white out the blue nursery paint so I can use my testers is proving harder than anticipated! And I've been told that Dulux isn't good enough anyway. We have to use trade paint as it is much better. Preferably in a British Standard colour. Sigh.

Anyone else live with a professional, pernickerty, tradesman?!

At least I know it'll be done to a high standard, I suppose!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sat 23-Feb-13 13:35:34

Hello all! Just a quick one to say I'm still here and its good to catch up on everyone's news.
I so remember the early days of joining this thread and it all being exciting but you don't want to tell anyone, and everything seems to drag till you get to have a scan. But then it seems to drag to the next scan! And now I feel like I've been pg ages, but I've still got another whole 3 months to go at least!!

We've made our first purchase - took the inlaws to a nearby pram shop yesterday and we have ordered our pram, carrycot and carseat. Glad I didn't leave it too late as we've picked an old line and we got the last carrycot in black! (I didn't want the bright red one as it didn't look very restful) There's so much choice its hard and FIL found it quite amusing how many gadgets are on 'modern prams' but both him and MIL I think loved getting involved in something for their first grandchild!

I've also bought a shiny new mobile phone - specifically picked to have a good camera so I can take lovely pictures of the baby and with a big screen so I can mumsnet in comfort without straining my eyes! I've always had smallish phones that can fit in a pocket so I don't always have to carry a bag. Was umming and ahhhing for ages and then realised for the next few years I will always be carrying a bag with baby bits and pieces so a larger phone would always be in the bag not a pocket!

Hope you have lovely weekends...

notsoold Sat 23-Feb-13 21:23:34

Helloooooo there!!!!

Not name checking just wishing you all a wonderful weekend....smile

Practisingparent Sun 24-Feb-13 08:46:26

Hi all. DD had her 2 yr old birthday party yesterday. I enjoyed it, but to have to plan it, put up with thoroughly over excited toddlers, and then the mammoth task of clearing up afterwards... Im not sure its worth it, I didnt even get any decent photos! DD has never been one to sit still and smile when the shiny camera with lots of buttons is waved in front of her! Oh well, it was nice to catch up with everyone, and its over so I can focus on other things now!

My next thing is to get the bed for DDs bedroom!

Good call on the phone stuck, its true a change bag will be part of your life for the next 18 months! unlike you tho, we went for a bright red pram, we will see if its a restful environment! I found with DD it was mostly about motion anyway.

Got a family lunch out today for DDs birthday, need to pick up another birthday cake, pronto! grin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 25-Feb-13 10:44:28

Well done Practising on a successful birthday party. Bet you're still shattered i know I would be

I'm just at the Drs. I have a really bad cough and am getting steadily worse not better. I've also strained a muscle in my side from coughing so much. So if its not the cough itself, its the pain that wakes me up at night sad . Have taken the day off work as I'm sure they wouldn't want me in! Plan to catch up on sleep and Downton Abbey then its school run, followed by swimming lessons....forgot how busy Mondays are after half term last week.

Hope you're all having a good day.

WingDefence Mon 25-Feb-13 19:05:55

Hi all - sorry I've not got much to say apart from I'm just waiting at Euston for my train home after my uncle's funeral. It went as well as could be expected.

Pregnancy-wise, my feet and legs have swollen to bizarre levels (never had that with DS) and my braxton hicks are getting annoyingly regular (no not that sort of regular!).

Will catch up with your posts tomorrow when I'm back on my laptop or iPad.

tiredteddy Mon 25-Feb-13 19:30:07

Nearly lost you all! The thread disappeared from the threads I'm on. Nice to keep up with everyone's progress. Popped my head into the just mumming thread but very quiet over there and am sure something and manda are too busy to join me for a while longer...

Wing glad funeral was ok though sad of course.

Hi to everyone else x

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 20:57:54

Yesterday I started having cramps about 6pm....not so painful as periods cramps but only on my right side.
No other symptoms and otherwise well...
I went to epu today and because I am 6+2 they dod some blood tests and told me to come home. They thought that at 6+2 a heartbeat might not showed in a scan and I would stress even more...
The epu phoned tonight and told me to book a scan tomorrow and that the hcg result was 5163...
Should I be worried???
Can it be ectopic with that result??
Ps I am 41..

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 26-Feb-13 10:09:39

Wing, 'glad' the funeral went 'well' (never know what to say!).

tired, happy to have you back! How are things with you?

Guinea, hope the Dr knew what cough was? And you feel better soon.

Notso, good luck again for today. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Back from 16 wk appointment; really low iron. blood/protein/ketones in urine so that's been sent off. In good news my blood pressure is normal, yaay!

tiredteddy Tue 26-Feb-13 10:27:39

Notso I hope you are ok? No advice just a hand to hold here. Everything crossed for you.

Gary, I'm fine thanks. Fern is just such a lovely baby, she really is contented and the boys adore her.
Good news about you bp. How are you feeling otherwise? Symptoms?

Kittenkatzen Tue 26-Feb-13 13:56:51

Hey everyone, just back from my dating scan - one baby all present and correct grin saw the heartbeat flashing away which was lovely. Have now spilled the beans to very one and their auntie's cat which is a massive relief as I'm rubbish at secrets!!

notso hope you're ok, have you had the scan yet? Keeping everything crossed for you thanks

wing hope you're feeling ok after the funeral sad

guinea hope the nasty cough does one very soon

Anyone know how something and waves are getting on? Don't think I've seen updates in a while?

WingDefence Tue 26-Feb-13 15:32:36

notso - hope you're okay? We're all thinking of you of course thanks

kitten - soooo happy for you smile

tired I was going to ask you which formula did you go for in the end?

Thanks all for your kind words about yesterday. The funeral and wake were bad enough (although not horrific IYKWIM) but there's a big issue with my brother and SIL at the moment and they were late so didn't travel with the rest of the family and came in ten mins into the 45 min service and had to stand at the back because it was rammed), barely spoke to us and then disappeared so didn't come to the wake. We are a very close extended family and it was highly noticable - in fact, at the wake I think more time was spent discussing the situation than about my uncle. Not in a disrespectful way but at most wakes you tend to move onto another topic don't you and it becomes (in a weird way) another occasion to catch up with people.

Anyway, I am totally furious for many, many reasons, one of which is I haven't seen my brother and SIL since last August and I'm now 8 months pregnant with their nephew/niece (we haven't told them the gender) and they couldn't even be bothered to ask me about it before they literally vanished without telling anyone they were going.

<breathe... breathe...> DH says I really need to calm down because obviously I don't need the extra stress but this situation has been brewing for a couple of years (it's all because my DPs have moved up to be near us) and it's not exactly going to get better any time soon - but my DPs are just getting even more upset and I really can't believe my brother would be late to his own (close) uncle's funeral and then not even attend the wake angry

I would post about this in the Relationship topic but I'd be there all day with everything that's gone on. So sorry for hijacking this fred! sad

tiredteddy Tue 26-Feb-13 16:50:57

Hi WING I went for aptamil in the end and it's going down very well. She has between 3-4 ozs and not sicky at all and wee's and poos regular. Which one did you use last time? Sorry to hear about your family upset with your brother. Is he jealous that your parents live nearer ti you? Have you actually argued or is it all sulking and bad feelings (much harder to deal with IMO) x

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 16:59:47

Back from the scan... and Oh dear!. The good news is that the yolk sac is at the right place and measuring around 12mm?? (and not ectopic although I am still in pain).I was told to take paracetamol .Then the scan lady said that no fetal pole was found and that maybe pregancy is around 5 weeks???It is totally out...so I kind of thought maybe not developing properly???I will have to return on the 7th March for another scan. The MW was lovely but pretty much said to me to prepare myself for the worst sad.
I don't even know what to think....

Sorry about the me,me,me post!!

WingDefence Tue 26-Feb-13 20:13:51

Oh no sad

What's a fetal pole? <Thick icon> and don't worry too much about dates - they pushed me back 8 days at my dating scan which I thought was a really big gap but with JSing I was only estimating my OV dates. The same could certainly apply to you. Please try not to worry if at all possible xx

tired, yes I used aptimil with DS. Completely shock at the price of it now - it was just under £8 with DS four years ago but now I think I saw it was over £10. I'm going to start trying to BF but am totally prepared to of pop if its not working, like it did with DS.

Yes, I think it is jealously but we never had issues when we were growing up. We have never been best buddies but I think that's more because we were a boy and girl 3.5 years apart (like DS and bump may be).
He and SIL have had many screaming rows at my poor parents but I've tried not to get involved at my parents' request. It was awful over Xmas as my brother stopped talking to my parents back in October (long story) but they were meant to be at his over Xmas and it was only the week before Xmas that he said 'you're not coming round' to them. They have tried everything to move the situation on; they are very kind and super generous with time and money and my brother is throwing it back in their faces IMO. And then to do that yesterday was for me the final straw. At the moment I'm torn between severing all contact, that's it, or picking the phone up/emailing and bringing it all to a head. sad

Hmm, on a completely different note I need some Gaviscon so better go!

tiredteddy Tue 26-Feb-13 20:26:01

Not so, I really hope you get good news at the next scan. It must be worrying but it could just be a dates issues so everything remains crossed for you.

WING I think if you are prepared to cut all contact, then you should first attempt the e mail or phone call. As the worst result can only be cutting contact afterwards anyway so maybe bringing it to a head might be the only chance of a different result if that makes sense. I think I'm trying to say that trying to discuss it some way with him can't make it any worse before contact gets cut? Oh and yes aptamil is pricey buy think they've all gone up now too. I just went on recommendations.

Pineapple80 Wed 27-Feb-13 01:44:16

Got everything crossed for you Notsoold.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your brother Wing. Family stuff can be so stressful hmm.

MrsBri - sounds like we are very close with our dates, I remember that we conceived between 28/9 and 02/10! I've been measuring within 1-3 days according to scans too. I think bump has finally made an appearance for me! Lady at work asked if I "had a baby in there" and I was thrilled that my bump is actually visible! grin

Monday morning at train station got pushed by a woman in a rush and wanting to over take me on the stairs shock. So rude. I yelled at her and the dumb thing is her train sat there on platform for good 10 mins before leaving angry. So it isn't just London where these things happen often, silly people here too in Melbourne unfortunately.

My SIL is 3 weeks from her due date! Excited for the news, I guess it could be any day now.

Well better get back to work now. Bye I am counting down the days till this contracts finishes - 10.5 weeks!!

Take care all smile

Pineapple80 Wed 27-Feb-13 01:47:02

Kitten - so happy to hear your scan went well!!

Hi Tired! So glad to hear Fern is doing well smile

notsoold Wed 27-Feb-13 07:55:55

wing fetal pole is the fetus name before a heartbeat, when the baba is so tiny it looks like a tiny thing ....
Sorry about the family problem!!! is is so stressful ....

pineapple when living in Sao Paulo my mother used to carry a embroidery needle and use it if people were pushy....(you see?? I am the nice one grin)

tired love the name Fern!!!!

kitten excellent news!!! And well done in keeping a secret for so long!

I truly thank each one here for listening yesterday. I had a good cry and i am trying to accept that it might not be (or it might...) and that I can not do anything....Thanks again thanks

WingDefence Wed 27-Feb-13 13:33:24

Well notso, I guess it's just a waiting game then for you (and us with you of course) sad

I've just got back from my 34wk MW appt. With my lead MW who came round the week before last to talk about HBs and it was a lovely, unhurried 30 min appt. She kept remarking how tired I look, which I am after last week! It is so easy for get how far gone along I am and to just be rushing aroudn and doing everything I've done this past week without a second thought but I am now going to really try to take care of myself these last few weeks.

Starting with... the full body antenatal massage I have just had! My parents gave me the money for it for Christmas and I thought today would be a good day to have it (even though work is crazy today - I just put and ambiguous 'appointment' in my work calendar!). Oh my goodness I feel amazing now. Sitting badly at my desk has given me terrible shoulder and upper back pain and that's gone, plus my legs look tons better because they were really dry and I smell fantastic too! grin Just what I needed - book yourselves in for one for Mother's Day!!

Right, have got tons to do this afternoon (can you tell I might have been lapsing on my Lent promise to slash back MN and FB time btw...?!) so had better go.

This thread is not accepting new messages.