Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

Thankyou frog!

Not much to update here. Get the ribbon gauze out my wound tomorrow and going for a chest scan as i had a shortage of oxygen in my body and now im breathless with a crackly chest. They have also upped my fragmin. Double ow.

MrsBri Sun 17-Feb-13 07:07:06

Goodness, something, you really sound like you're going through the wars. I hope you are better soon and you and your gorgeous baby can be at home together. xx

Wing, I envy you your 4 weeks left! 12 calendar weeks for me, but with time off / bank holidays it's 52.5 working days. Can't wait to escape the lazy, ignorant bitches I work with!

Move was so tiring. Still got loads of sorting to do, but the lounge, bedroom and kitchen are done to the extent of using them and not looking like a bomb site!

I'm finishing cleaning the flat today, though it should take less than an hour. Then we can finish that chapter and start the new one properly.

We love our new home :-)

Oh, we only had a shower in the flat, so I had a bath last night and baby went bonkers. DH was watching my belly move. Amusing!

Practisingparent Sun 17-Feb-13 14:25:10

Congrats on mOve mrs bri sounds like u have settled in well already. It's so nice when u first move before the novelty wears off! Enjoy the bath.

something you really have been through a tough start, hope that wound clears up along with your chest. It's one thing after another with you! How baby Henri puts on some weight like a good boy, you don't need any more stress.

Returning from bournemouth now sad. Work tomorrow but the morning is just a study day... Easy!

Pineapple80 Mon 18-Feb-13 01:42:59

Glad to hear your move went well MrsBri! We moved only less than another ago into new house and its hard work getting everything set up!!

All is well on my end. Not much to report really. Baby is moving around a bit more these days but seems that when I try to put DH's hand on my tummy baby doesn't want to wriggle about anymore grin! Cheeky thing.

Has been very hot in Melbourne lately and heat is making me feel sluggish and blah.

Wing - you're so lucky to be finishing work soon. I feel fortunate to have landed a job for 3 months but my team are all male (and so dull!) that I miss female company and the potential girly/baby conversation! Not to worry, I have all of you lovely ladies here on MN smile. And u know, I tried joining and Oz preg forum but felt better connected here and never really have returned regularly enough blush.

Hope things get better for you Something and you can return home soon. It must be frustrating x

tiredteddy Mon 18-Feb-13 10:15:48

Glad the move went well mrsbri I'll get that book in the post to you this week.

something hope you are beginning to feel better?

Kittenkatzen Mon 18-Feb-13 10:27:02

Glad the move went well mrsbri

Nothing much to report, just popping in to say hi really, hope everyone's ok - v jealous of all the leaving work talk smile

frogchops Mon 18-Feb-13 11:40:16

Am jealous of all the leaving work talk and the living In the sun talk!

Dysgu Mon 18-Feb-13 17:40:26

Hi all - have just been catching up on the last few days as we have been away.

Congratulations to manda although I did see the twins on FB - gorgeous!

Something hope you make a speedy recovery and get out of HDU quickly. You really do seem to be going through it. Hope Henry is doing well and that you all get to go home soon so you can have all your boys/men around you.

I only have 5 more working days to go - and one of those is actually a half day to make up for having to stay late the evening before! I need to get my hospital bag(s) packed - I think I have pretty much everything I need but we are only a week away from when DD1 arrived and I keep telling myself I should get everything ready by then.

We have bow pretty much bought everything we need, at least until the baby arrives and then we will buy more clothes once we know whether we have a boy or a girl. Ebay will probably be our friend then.

This weekend we went to the mainland and cam back with a car load: cot, mattress, travel system with car seat and in car base, muslins, blankets, and 2 chests of drawers which are actually for DDs and I will then use DD1's old one for DC3.

Also spent a small fotune on DDs in Toys R Us and Primark so they don't think the baby is the only getting stuff. Primark stuff was all needed though - these children do insist on growing - but Toys R Us were treats (although both girls had been very good putting up with being dragged around the baby shops and DD1 did get something extra as she was very brave and actually danced at her dance competition - which is a first!!)

MrsBri Mon 18-Feb-13 17:51:23

Hello all :-) I'm so tired after the move, it is unreal. Glad I took tomorrow off too!

But, the house is nigh on sorted, so it is worth it. Just a couple more things for DH to build and the broadband to start working and we will be there.

Thank you for sending the book, teddy, I'm looking forward to seeing it :-)

Sounds like a productive weekend, Dysgu...you must have a van, not a car!

Hopefully you are all better soon, something...any more news?

Sorry if I've missed anyone. My brain is tired too!

WingDefence Tue 19-Feb-13 09:44:32

Hi all!

Hope you're all well and something you've getting better now? Waves is back in hospital I saw it on FB which must be absolutely awful for her, especially with 2DCs already to worry about sad

Everything's fine at my end. Lots of Braxton Hicks but nothing too worrying. I feel completely unprepared for the baby coming though although my DM has washed all the newborn clothes for me which is lovely of her. Got nowhere to put them yet though!

DS was out for the day with his cousins and auntie yesterday and slept over last night (in Southport MrsBri!) and is out with my parents today. I want to be off for half-term too! Grr!

Dysgu, because I am rubbish, I have forgotten how many weeks you are at the moment. I hope this MiniDysgu stays in the warmth a bit longer for you... smile

Dysgu Tue 19-Feb-13 10:10:34

I too am feeling very unprepared for this baby to arrive - I am 31 weeks tomorrow wing although we did buy some chests of drawers so can sort clothing out (as soon as DP finishes putting this chests together - it takes longer as DDs are so keen to help! grin

Everything for the baby is piled up high on top of the changing table - which has now been sitting in our room for 6+ years and is the usual place to dump stuff! Once the chests are sorted I want to sort all of the DDs' clothes and will then think about sorting stuff for the baby.

I keep thinking that if it stays in until it is properly cooked then we still have 6 or 7 weeks and if it follows DD1 and DD2 then it could come at any time but we would still have time as then it would stay in the hospital! So I have told DP there is no rush to put the cot together.

I am off for a skin test at the hairdressers soon as I am having my hair done on Thursday. I am NOT a fan of hairdressers - by which I mean I don't like going, not that I don't like the actual people! (DP's best friend is a hairdresser and owns his own salons on the mainland!) But what should I have done - I had a voucher so have to use it and it includes colour - hence the skin test. My hair is currently about shoulder length but should I aim to keep the length (and can then tie it back on those days when I get nothing else done) or should I have it cut short so it is easy...? I have had long and short hair over the last 10 years since meeting DP - he prefers it longer but doesn't have any real opinion on what I should ask the hairdresser to do? Ideas?

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 19-Feb-13 12:57:34

Maybe have it a few inches shorter, but not too short? What colour are you going for?

Wing do you know what's wrong with Waves ?

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 19-Feb-13 13:23:48

Dysgu, have it trimmed a little.
The amount of tugging DS does when my hair is down means I've had it up everyday bar one since he's been alive.
I find shorter hair needs a bit of styling, whereas on crap days you can just stick unbrushed greasy hair in a ponytail without it looking too bad.
Well done to your DD1!

Cannot believe how close some of you are to babies! envy

something, are you likely to be allowed out this week? Hope you're not missing DS1 too much.

Looked into sending DS to nursery one afternoon a week so I could 'have a break' with just newborn <hollow laugh> but I welled up at the idea of someone else looking after my baby. blush
Which is weird because PIL have him 1/2 nights every few months & I love that alone time!

Quick wave to all, I'm back in hospital, 4th admission, with dehydration and crazy high ketones due to Hyperemesis. Not really enjoying the whole upduffed experience at the moment, 17 weeks now and hoping for a little bit of respite!

MrsBri Tue 19-Feb-13 16:51:36

Goodness, waves, I hope the HG buggers off very soon. Poor you :-(

Dysgu, here's hoping DC3 stays put much longer than your DDs.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. Boo!

Wing, was your DS quite near to me, by any chance? :-)

I'd be happy to welcome visitors now, I think. A few bits left to do, but nothing drastic!

Persuasion Tue 19-Feb-13 18:30:15

So, I'm still lurking on here chronically, but do like keeping up with you all. Popped to say congratulations to something. I hope henry is still doing well, and you feel better soon. Congrats also to manda, if you're still lurking on here somewhere?

dysgu I've never had my hair dyed, so can't help with that bit, but I go through phases on cutting it short because I think it will be easier, then finding actually it's much harder work than if you can tie it up!

waves it sounds like you're having a tough time of it, I hope they get on top of it soon for you.

I also had my 20 week scan today, all looks ok and we're having a girl! Because of slightly wonky screening bloods I have to have a doppler of my placenta, so have another scan in 2 weeks, but hopefully all should be well.

Dysgu Tue 19-Feb-13 18:32:35

Oh dear, Waves surely you must be coming to the end of the HG by now - although I guess there are extra unlucky people who suffer it throughout the whole pregnancy. My CM had HG and it was just awful and she was only in hospital twice... she is about as far along as you and things have finally stopped and she is finally beginning to enjoy being pregnant. Fingers crossed you get out of hospital soon and start feeling better. I imagine it must be even worse what with having your DC at home too.

Thanks for comments re hair - I think keeping it a bit longer is probably the easiest way to go but then, I sort of resent using the voucher on just a trim IYSWIM. As for colour, anything that covers the grey.... when I made the appointment, I was dealt with by a lad I used to teach and he was lovely, asking me if I wanted to upgrade the voucher to sort the 'regrowth' grin

Something are you any closer to getting out of HDU? Hope you are gettin g better and that Henry is doing well. Is he with you? Have tey given you any idea about when you might get out?

MrsBri I am planning on going into work tomorrow too but only for a few hours and there will not be any children around - school is lovely without the children! I am just hoping to swap some books - if I mark them tonight - and bring home the next set and sort a few files out. I have a teacher covering me but how much stuff do I leave - can I leave everything? Hmm.

And I have had a lie down this afternoon feeling dizzy but blood suagr is fine - just a bit low but within normal limits. DDs are lovely and amused each other (and emptied all their toy boxes) for nearly two hours whilst I lay on the sofa/on the bed and pretended to pay attention to what they were doing. The baby is all over the place - almost star-shaped according to MW yesterday but today has shifted to stick its feet right up in my ribs and it spent most of the day with its bum stuck out so I have been a very odd shape. As it has been moving most of the day I am hopeful that it might sleep tonight as it moved a lot last night too to keep me awake.

(Note to self: finish school reports and pack hospital bags...........)

tiredteddy Tue 19-Feb-13 22:01:04

Waves get better soon lots of love and hugs to you xxx

Something how's little Henry and you?

Dysgu I also would go for keeping hair longer is easier to tie back than style a short do.

Persuasion glad scan was good and how exciting a girl! X

Half term here. DH took the day off and we went to the London aquarium. It was really good day out. Fern also slept 12-6.30 last night, what a little star! My dearest friend from where I used to live (Buckingham) is visiting tomorrow with her daughter and I can't wait to see her.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Wed 20-Feb-13 10:39:57

Hi all. Been really busy here recently. Plus I've been feeling under the weather and keep losing my voice. I've been sleeping really badly because of coughing and spluttering - not really ill, but just feel really bleugh andf not quite right. Luckily I managed to have a bit of a lie-in this morning (half-term is good for something I suppose!) as DCs got up quite late and then amused each other for a good 45 mins. I came downstairs and there were orange peels everywhere. DD said to me 'I had some oranges because I was sooo hungry bad mother blush Have promised to take DS to McDonald's today - he's been desperate to go for ages so I said we could during half-term. Then we are going to Lotherton Hall, which is an formal house and estate but has a bird garden and adventure playground etc. Only been once before when DD was barely walking so should be good discovering it properly.

Congrats on the scan and news of a girl Persuasion.

Hope the HG ends soon Waves, can't imagine how fed up you must be feeling.

Dysgu I also agree that long-hair is easier. I have had short hair for the past 20 years or so, but it got such a pain to have to wash/wet it every morning in oredr to style it. I have grown it over the past year and now I can just tie it up. It's not exciting but very handy!

Glad the house move went well MrsBri and you're all settled. I LOVE my baths wheilst I'm pregnant so I can imagine how lovely it was to have one after only having showers.

Howe are you doing Something? Hopefully feeling much better now.

Sorry if I've missed anyone - pregnancy brain means I can barely remember what I just typed never mind what was on the previous page grin!

Have a good day y'all.

Hi ladies, I'm still here (lurking!) 5+4 time is dddrrrraaagggggiiiinnnngggg!

Very envy of all the talk of pushchairs, slings etc, feel like I'll never get there, although have checked that mothercare still do the similar 1 to what I had with DD's it lasted ages and suited toddlers and dog walking! Also still have my hug-a-bub sling whick DD2 lived in (and probably still would, little dinky nearly 4yr old!)

Having booking in on 4th march so not long till I'm in the system, not really having ms or anything yet, bit of indegestion and tingling nipples that's it.

Congrats on baby Henry something hope u are home soon

I've had horrid cold too completly grateful it didn't become full on flu, I know loads of peeps down with at the moment!

notsoold Wed 20-Feb-13 20:07:31

.I am delurking quickly to say hi to all....
Like Blondies I am 5+4 and almost no symptoms at all apart from slightly tender nipples and weeing a bit more frequently ( sorry tmi)
Of course after the last two experiences I am stressing away ....
Before I lurk again....hi Blondies!!!
Xx to all

WingDefence Thu 21-Feb-13 07:18:55

Morning all! Last time down on the 6:56 train to London until the autumn - hurrah! <yaaaaaaaawn>

I booked my last two big meetings back to back so I only have to do this one last journey for work. Down this morning, staying at my cousin's tonight and back up late tomorrow night. It makes a change for it to be daylight too smile

Hope you're all well anyway. Something are you still in hospital? How is Henry - is he going to come home soon, poor little thing?

blondies and notsoold, so happy to see you on here! The time will drag and rush at the same time until you know your little beans are sticky like cold baked beans?!

Ah, Warrington Bank Quay, how lovely are thy cooling towers...

Kittenkatzen Thu 21-Feb-13 10:27:27

persuasion awww a pink bump, congratulations! smile

waves big hugs to you, really hope you're feeling better soon thanks

dysgu seconding everyone else to say keep your hair long enough to tie back - I much prefer the look of mine in a short bob, but the novelty fades pretty quick when I have no choice but to straighten it every single morning. I keep it halfway to my shoulders now.

wing hurrah to no more travelling for a while! Hope you're wrapped up warm, it's freezing down here today!

Hope everyone's having a good week....notso and blondies I'm with you on how time is dragging at the moment - sometimes I could swear my watch moves backwards! 5 days to go until my dating scan though - so that should only feel like a fortnight at least....!

In other news, I got hit by a man on a bike this morning sad. I wasn't hurt as he'd slammed the brakes on so didn't really do much more than bump into me a bit but I was a bit shaky for a minute aftwerwards. It was on a stupid bit of pavement which converges with some sort of unmarked cycle route - it's usually a bit hairy but I've never actually been hit before! Poor bloke was very apologetic bless him.

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 21-Feb-13 14:07:55

Hope you're ok Kitten , what an unpleasant shock you must have had.

Good news Wing smile Does that mean you are on maternity leave now?

Hope you feel better soon, Waves and Something

WingDefence Thu 21-Feb-13 15:35:59

Persuasion - I missed the pink bump news! Hurrah - congrats grin

Child, no I've got three more weeks to go till I finish work (counting down the hours...)!

This thread is not accepting new messages.