Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

MrsBri Sun 10-Feb-13 18:10:45

Hi blondies :-) Great to see you back. Fx for a sticky bean.

omg! im so please to see you back! brightended my day up!

on the sofa attatched to my wheat bag like a wimp

WingDefence Sun 10-Feb-13 19:33:23

Oh the very best congrats threeblondies - but I want to call you livismum too! grin We will completely understand if you just want to lurk until you get safe into sticky territory!

something you are NOT a wimp! You are having a rubbish time of it at the moment. Can you get another MW appt first thing and have another exam to see where you are down there? I'm surprised they'd let you continue like this with all these on/off symptoms hmm

Re: the funeral, I've agreed to go down with my parents on the Sunday and we've booked a hotel for the night then I'll come back up by train on the Monday. Unfort the cheap £41 standard fare that there was yesterday had disappeared but with a voucher I had I have booked on a first class seat for £55 so I'm happy with that. It's hard when I'm not travelling for work and have to buy my own tickets!

Right, better get some tea on. Thanks for all your best wishes thanks

they wont keep you till your 4cm or having contractions every 3/4 mins lasting over a minute. had to wait three hours to see a dr this morning!

i hide my pain well and had some old school midwife tell me i cant be in pain if i can sleep. i mean its like they expect you to be crying and exhausted. thats not going to get anyone anywhere

Practisingparent Sun 10-Feb-13 22:37:06

Sounds like a plan wing.

nice to see you again blondies, hope you can stick around this time.

Something, glad all seems well, but hope you dont have to wait too much longer, i remember how uncomfortable the last few weeks are!

I had a 2 yr olds party this afternoon, and am now spending a very long time just picking out party plates for my dd's birthday in a couple of weeks. Cant seem to be able to make quick decisions, and trying hard not to fall into competetive party mode! Any good ideas for party bag fillers for 6 month olds? confused

Dysgu Sun 10-Feb-13 23:15:26

Practising with little ones I avoid party bags and give books instead. I buy a multi-pack from The Book People or The Works and just give one of those and a piece of cake as everyone leaves. This is not my idea, it is what DD1 came home with from a friend's party when she was 3... and is good to avoid the plastic tat!

Something it sounds like a real nuisance for all this to be dragging on for you for so long. Doesn't the plug usually give you about a week's notice? Surely they are not expecting you to put up with this discomfort until the 25th?

Hello to newbies - it is hard to remember those exciting but scary early days when you just want to get to the 12 week scan date to see that there is a sticky bean. Fingers crossed for you all still waiting...

I am having extra scans which will be new for us as we have never seen our babies this late (until they actually arrive, obviously!) All my blood readings have been absolutely fine so I am expecting the diabetes team to tell me to just keep monitoring, attend scans and check up and not worry about medication. Just means I am limiting the portion size of carbs, and have cut out my chocolate treats (Mostly!!)

I need to sort out my whooping cough jab too. I totally forgot when I saw my MW last week what with the diabetes shock.

I went to a Baby Market today and bought more stuff for the baby: M&P moses basket with rocking stand, play gym, baby rocker and a couple of pram suits (my favourite is one that opens down both sides so you haven't got to manoeuvre the baby's legs all over the place).

Now we just need to get a cot and a pram. I am going to look at a secondhand silver cross tomorrow - I saw one at the market today but this one is cheaper. I am still not sure what I want but I want a pram and a seat unit that faces both ways. I don't mind if we end up getting another one in 6 months when the baby needs a seat but I like the pram unit on this model, I think. We have a brand new car seat in the loft that we never used with DD2 so, although I do like the ease of a travel system, I am not fussing too much - and could always get the ventura seat and base if it gets too much lifting the baby out to put in the car. I know I liked being able to lift the car seat in and out before.... hmm, it is so tough!!

Oh and practising - I expect I will beat you but it would be nice if it is a close thing!

well they expect me to put up with my scar pain tbats been reducing me for tears. if there is a dc3 in a few years then i will definatly be going elsewhere for antenatal care and delivary

Hooya Sun 10-Feb-13 23:45:43

Ooh threeblondies huge congrats, you were so sweet when I had my MC, brilliant to see you here! grin All the very best for an uneventful pg.

something you must be going out of your mind, sounds like you are doing brilliantly I would be in pieces here's hoping things finally progress!

Dysgu sounds good re the diabetes, well done you for limiting the carbs, not easy!

Wing glad your travel is sorted out, and grin at us watching what's happening with something's cervix - when you put it like that, it's pretty damn strange!

Stuck glad I'm not alone re milk, I'm going to start taking an additional calcium supplement just to make sure, I think.

tired Fern sounds wonderful smile

MrsBri sounds like the standard NHS response re c-section, and though I think they can be a bit dismissive, I can totally see why it's a good thing to encourage a non-surgical labour as much as possible (and I am dreading the 6-week recovery!). Here c-sections are the end result of over a third of vaginal births (compared to 25% in the UK) so a lot of people go through it only to have the surgery anyway, which was one factor in my decision.

Bank holiday here, but I still need to work - finding myself getting behind as I'm definitely a bit slower and scattier already... still, 9 weeks pg tomorrow, feels like progress!

Pineapple80 Mon 11-Feb-13 00:15:03

Sorry to hear about your uncle Wing, take care x

Practisingparent Mon 11-Feb-13 06:01:31

Aaaah, nocturnal waking, do you really think this is preparation for a new baby?

dysgu good idea with the books, I keep telling myself to keep it simple! Also I have no doubt you will beat me to it, I may have April 24th as my due date, but i suspect my body likes to hang on to babies as along as possible (induced at 40 +14 last time).

Im going back to bed now!

MrsBri Mon 11-Feb-13 07:28:46

Are you in the UK Practicing? I get up just before 6 on weekdays, so it isn't nocturnal to me! I'll have to get up 5 mins earlier when I move at the weekend too.

Oh well, 13 weeks and counting (which is actually just over 11 weeks in work with days off and bank holidays!). Cannot wait to finish. :-)

pregnancy insomnia is horrible practising thankfully my DS makes me so tired i hit the pillow and crash.

still contracting back to loosing snot plug now. shouted at DP because he breathed blush grin

its only effing snowed

Rockchick1984 Mon 11-Feb-13 07:40:44

Dsygu it's not a silver cross 3d is it? Just that they have very low resale value because they are shit only have a tiny carry cot (DS lasted just over 2 months before he was too big) and they are quite difficult to push.

MrsBri I was terrified of natural birth, so went for all the hippie pain management options eg hypnobirthing. I had a much easier recovery than friends who had c-sections even though I didn't have an "easy" birth. I'd be gutted if I need a section this time for any reason smile

mothercare leant me a silvercross 3D whilst my m4 was being fixed. i used it once and never again!

WingDefence Mon 11-Feb-13 10:23:51

Morning all. something, how's the plug? There can't be much left?! grin

Dysgu I've heard that SC prams are a bit unwieldy too but having a travel system was great I found because when the baby is sleeping you can just click-click and it's out of the car and in the buggy wheel base thing. Simples wink

I'm in a good mood this morning - the MW I've been chasing for yonks just called!!! shock She was really friendly didn't apologise for not getting in touch for over 3 weeks though but I didn't mention it and she's going to visit my house tomorrow morning 9:45 to go through everything. Apparently she has a lot of paperwork/info and it'll take about an hour and the best bit is that DH will be working from home too tomorrow (the only day this week; he's all over the UK at the moment) so that's great as well.

Phew! smile smile smile

tiredteddy Mon 11-Feb-13 10:40:03

Hi wing I like your happy mood! So good that you are finally getting your home birth info. It sounds like it will be a nice thorough visit too if she's planning an hour.

Regarding all the talk about birth and pain management, I have the hypnobirthing book and cd that a friend bought me. I'd be happy to pass it on if anyone wants it?

Any luck at the doctors this morning something ?

Hello, practising nice to catch up with your news. I second the idea of books for little ones. Look at the book people. Maybe a nice balloon too?

mrsbri are you moving? Did I miss that?

hooya 9 weeks, it's ticking by. After 12 it seems to go a bit faster I think. Have you told people yet?

dysgu shame about chocolate limitation. But good that the GD can be managed via diet. And more scans yay! Sounds like you are doing well with the baby shopping.

MrsBri Mon 11-Feb-13 10:52:00

Ooh, tired, I'd love the hynobirthing stuff please. That would be great.

I'll send you my address if it is still available.

Yes, we move from our unsuitable flat to a house this weekend. And can't wait! :-)

MrsBri Mon 11-Feb-13 10:54:51

And that's awesome news, Wing. Wonder if she will have a MATB1 on her person too!!

We've ordered a SC Linear Freeway which we tested in store for 30 mins and it seemed really user friendly.

Kittenkatzen Mon 11-Feb-13 11:00:25

Morning.....yay and welcome blondies congrats! gringrin

Busy day at work so not go time to name check everyone, but hope you're all having a good Monday.....and lovely news about the HB visit (finally) wing!

Hope you're feeling ok today something - looking forward to the next installment of "PlugWatch"!

haahaha! plugwatch grin very yuky but its back to thick green snot. how much of this stuff is there? shock

no appt this morning so im off to the day assesment unit for a trace this afternoon as baby is very quiet

tiredteddy Mon 11-Feb-13 11:28:59

Yes mrsbri pm your address and i will pop it in the post.

I'm spending the day trying to write thank you cards for all ferns presents. Should have written a list. It's really hard to remember who gave us what? blush

tired fern is so so scrummy! i know what you mean though when i had zac we got so many clothes/toys cards its hard to keep track

tiredteddy Mon 11-Feb-13 12:06:38

Thanks something! She is lovely. I've written a list now so far up to 43! Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Not long until you meet your baby xx

MrsBri Mon 11-Feb-13 12:15:14

That sounds like my wedding thank you letters. Thankfully, as I was pregnant and sober, I kept a list as I opened the cards as to who had given what!

I imagine it is far harder when things don't all come at once, and you're expected to open them there and then, so can't note it down!

tiredteddy Mon 11-Feb-13 12:43:24

You've got it in one mrsbri I was even given things at the school gates! Also the added factor of the boys helping me unwrap things and separating gifts from cards hasn't helped wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.