Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

WingDefence Fri 08-Feb-13 08:31:50

Oh and Dysgu I hope the diabetes clinic goes okay today and work isn't too bad next week x

Rockchick1984 Fri 08-Feb-13 09:15:56

Something when are you due? I swear the thing that sent me into labour was using evening primrose oil capsules in my fanny each night - sorry for TMI grin but I started 3 days before my due date and went into labour on the day DS was due so it must have done something!!

Kittenkatzen Fri 08-Feb-13 09:26:19

<spits out toast at mental image of rockchick shoving epo capsules up her foof> gringrin

wing that is very annoying - I think you should definitely make a fuss, you don't have to be rude about it but the lack of care and attention needs pointing out. And so what if you change your mind - it's your birth, your choice smile

Hooya Fri 08-Feb-13 12:44:02

Something oh I hope things get moving soon! So exciting checking in to see if it's started yet, though you must just be going mad waiting!

Dysgu I hope everything is ok now.

Wing I would be losing it, sitting on the phone to people shouting but I am a bit of a dick I second what others have said, it's your choice what you do and you should be given the info to make that choice!

Guinea what brilliant comments about your seminars! Such a nice feeling to get good feedback smile

Rock ha ha I am having an ELCS so I must remember not to put EPO in my fanjo in case it starts labour! grin

Kitten I sooo get the ravenous hunger thing. I had to get up at 4am today to eat blush I felt like a right fat bastard!

Checked my scan schedule thing from the obstetrician - I get another one at 12 weeks, then 16 weeks, then 20 weeks, and loads more after that! There are lots of daft and annoying things about living in Japan, but I have to say, the antenatal care is brilliant if you're a control freak like me grin

WingDefence Fri 08-Feb-13 13:03:26

Wow Hooya living in Japan must be awesome smile I have a good friend from uni who is working at Yokohama International School. He's 6'5" and massive and I think the Japanese think he's some sort of freak!

I remember my cousin lived out there for a couple of years about 13 years ago (her husband's a trader) and they had their first child out there. It was a little blode girl and people would just take her DD out of her arms on the subway to cuddle and take photos of her walking down the street etc!

Hooya Fri 08-Feb-13 13:24:26

Wow Wing 6'5 is huge for here, I'm 5'8 and I feel really tall grin

We have friends here with western babies and I couldn't believe how much attention they get - people gathered round the buggy taking photos, it's very sweet! Incredible given the amount of Western influence there is here that it's still such a big deal, but it is!

I'm still quite nervous about not having home comforts and going through such a different system to the UK, but so far so good, if I could only get my hands on some Hula Hoops...

WingDefence Fri 08-Feb-13 13:30:36

Isn't there an expat shop you can get them in - or have Amazon deliver them?! grin

I remember when my cousin's daughter was born, she was wrapped up so tightly in a swaddling cloth - she was like a little Japanese doll!

Kittenkatzen Fri 08-Feb-13 14:11:03

hooya pm me you're address, I'll send you a pregnant ladies' emergency food parcel (beefy hula hoops, salt & vinegar chipsticks, marmite, cadburys fruit & nut, refreshers....anything else?!)

V envy of you living in japan, it's on top of my list of places i want to visit!

Hooya Fri 08-Feb-13 14:38:17

Thanks Kitten grin I've just put in an order with the folks for some goodies! Loads of American snacks here, and luckily we can get Fruit and Nut, but an absence of British crisps!

I found a delivery thing that had Monster Munch mmm Monster Munch but when I clicked through, the delivery price was £60 shock which seemed excessive for a tenner's worth of crisps!

Kitten of course I'm biased but I can thoroughly recommend Japan, it's really like nowhere else on earth smile

I'm really starting to worry about weight gain now, as constant eating is the only thing stopping me from spewing! Must try to enjoy healthier snacks!

Apologies to those with HG for the above, not too helpful...

Kittenkatzen Fri 08-Feb-13 15:18:14

Firstly, sorry for the random "you're" in my post above. My inner pedant just shrieked reading that back blush

hooya I've been really worried about weight gain too as I have literally not stopped eating either - I've put on about 5lb I think so far, but hadn't weighed myself since early December so no doubt some of that will have been mince pies and cava smile

due on the 26th! did epo with DS from 37 weeks had me 1cm at 38 weeks. never made it pass 2-3 grin am already 1-2 cm so who knows?

DS had another fit today and they want to do some tests and stuff

WingDefence Fri 08-Feb-13 19:50:17

Oh dear something I didn't know he'd fitted before (sorry if I missed that in an earlier post) sad Poor thing.

I've not heard of evening primrose oil for bringing on labour. Will have to remember that.

Last ANC today and it was a lovely lady from the local use start doing a mini parenting course. Really good, full of the sort of advice you recognise as great when you're already a mum but it may not sink in with the first-timers because you're just bombarded with advice when you're pregnant, aren't you?

I mentioned at the end about the problems I'm having getting HB info and said I felt bad about chasing but she said she'd also chase on my behalf then I don't have to some across as super pushy! I couldn't be bothered to call the 'parentcraft' MW today and chase again sad

Anyway, better get our tea in. DH was working late in Leeds but hopefully he'll be home soon.

WingDefence Fri 08-Feb-13 19:52:38

*local sure start

yeah he fitted last week drs said he had an upper respitory tract infection wich probably caused it. today his chest is clear even though hes got a cough

Pineapple80 Sat 09-Feb-13 04:42:10

Hello all! 20 week scan went really well yesterday. Baby is growing as expected and we are really pleased! Had my hospital appointment Thurs morning (Dr was running 2.5hrs late shock) but Dr was lovely and discussed my low protein (Papp-A) levels and how this may sometimes lead to placental and growth issue in 3rd trimester. They are planning to monitor me more closely and have booked me in for scan at 32 wks to ensure things are ok. Had an additional check on my placenta and flow of blood between me and bubs & the Dr said things look really good. Very happy!

We already knew sex of baby from CVS done in Dec and it was confirmed yesterday wink. We're still keeping it secret till birth!

Have a lovely weekend ladies and take care!

glad your scan and appt went well!

more plug gone this morning- this is like a daily plug update haha!

Pineapple80 Sat 09-Feb-13 11:44:42

Thanks Something! It's all happening on your end isn't it? I hope you're feeling ok. When is your date for your elcs then?

Hooya - very happy to hear your scan went well!

Just wondering if someone can pretty please add me to FB group? Something - I added you as friend a while ago...my surname is mammothly long and starts with K wink. Understand lots going on your end right now so might not be best time to do it! x

Rockchick1984 Sat 09-Feb-13 12:33:30

Good luck something! Hope your DS is feeling a lot better now - my friend's DS went through a phase of having convulsions each time he had a temperature but grew out of it before he was 4 and the Dr's said they weren't dangerous, just very scary for his family. Hope your DS's are something similar.

Pineapple glad the scan went well. I didn't know there was a fb group for us, if I PM my real life details to someone please can I be added to it?

MrsBri Sat 09-Feb-13 12:43:24

Good news about your scan, pineapple :-) Have you told close family what sex baby is, or is it your own secret?

Good luck, something...I look forward to plug / labour updates!

I'm on the FB group so can try to add people. :-)

WingDefence Sat 09-Feb-13 16:07:16

Great about your scan Pineapple smile

My uncle passed away in the early hours of this morning. He'd been battling cancer for 6 years and had been slowly going downhill for the past couple of months. We saw him when we were down south just after Xmas and he was frail then but still leaving the house and chatting and I'm so glad we got to see him then.

It's just made me feel really down today. I know that seems obvious but, well you know what those pregnancy hormones are like and although I've not cried, I just feel sad sad sad

Anyway. Sorry to depress everyone!

On a completely different note, has annyone been watching One Born Every Minute? I hadn't watched it for a couple of years as when we were TTC it was too painful to see all the little babies being born and since I've been pg I was too scared to! But actually I'm really glad I watched it this week and I've now caught up on 4OD with a couple of the earlier episodes. I got really excited though seeing all the teeny tiny newborns! sniff

Rockchick1984 Sat 09-Feb-13 16:53:37

So sorry wing thanks

so sorry wing.

oooo pinapple thats you! i did pm you probably gone in others. now i know who the request was ill add you.

well we went the village pantomime this afternoon had on off tightnings through out wich are getting more painful and cervical changes are happening as plugs going pink

Kittenkatzen Sat 09-Feb-13 18:45:55

thanksthanks for you wing

Keep us posted something sounds promising smile

I've been watching one born....was in tears the other week at the couple who'd lost their previous baby, and then this week at the poor lady who had to have the general

Right, off to have a nose at everyone on fb grin

WingDefence Sat 09-Feb-13 20:14:26

Thanks all. My cousin-in-law (who is lovely, I'm not annoyed) has just posted 50-odd photos of my uncle on Facebook and I just can't bear to look at them.

I've felt very odd today. Walking around Sainsburys this morning I felt faint and had to rush through the shop to the seats on the other side of the checkouts, close my eyes and do some deep breathing before I felt we'll enough to carry on shopping. I've just felt really odd all day but I actually think it's to do with my uncle's death - I've had so much going through my head about it all today.

The funeral is on Mon 25th and I'll be 34+2. There is absolutely no question of me not going but the trouble is, I'll be down in London the previous Thurs and Fri for my last work trip and that alone is going to wipe me out so to then have to go down again on the Sunday or Monday morning (but that will be more expensive on the train) and back up that evening might really be too much. But I was saying to DH earlier, it's a necessity isn't it? I have to go for my lovely uncle, I wouldn't dream of not going, but I've got to find out what is going to be the least knackering/stressful really.

Sorry - this all has nothing to do with our thread.

something - I bet you have your baby before the end of the week smile

ChildOfThe1980s Sat 09-Feb-13 21:05:30

Sorry to hear that Wing. Hope you are ok.

I am enjoying OBEM - also didn't watch when TTC. They had two lovely couples the other week.

I am struggling to walk for more than 10 minutes now- I get pains in my legs and bump sad I'm trying to stay fit-ish for labour but my body wants me to eat too much and do nothing all day. Rubbish.

Anyone else nervous about labour due to previous bad experience/s? I had such a horrible time last time, I'm trying to stay positive but it's making me anxious thinking what could go wrong.

This thread is not accepting new messages.