Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

tiredteddy Sun 09-Dec-12 17:33:33

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good weekend? I'm irrationally grumpy. There's so much I want to get done before Xmas and I just feel foiled at every attempt I make. I know I've been snappy today too so feel like a mean mummy too. Hope you are ok something and notsoold x

WingDefence Sun 09-Dec-12 18:30:53

Hmm notsoold I really can't say. I guess only you know what is normal and what isn't re: your ERTD.

I think you have a typo in your post but I'm assuming that you wonder I'd you should still go to the GP tomorrow? I'd say yes, definitely. You've had a BFP and they will want to check things over. Try to get an early scan of possible?

Good luck - and handholding to something too.

Pineapple80 Mon 10-Dec-12 04:03:14

Hello from Oz! It is a lovely 20 degrees in Melbourne and just wonderful grin. Settling in at the in laws and all has been well.

Hope all are well and keeping warm.

We have just announced pregnancy to family and close friends as I was 12 wks yesterday.Everyone very excited and happy.

notsoold - are you able to get a scan at the EPU if you have one nearby? At least that could confirm things for you.

something - how are you doing? Hope all is ok...

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 10-Dec-12 08:16:18

Hope you're both ok Something and notsoold. I recommend you both getting checked out, then you'll have an idea of where you're at.

Tired everyone has off days, I've had a fair few during this pregnancy already and I know there have been times when I have been a snappy, mean mummy and the little things have driven mad like this morning when DS was being utterly gormless

It's DDs birthday today! Can't believe she's 3 already. This time 3 years ago I was waiting nervously in a waiting room for my hospital bed and my section.

No teaching today - hurrah! Plus its my 20 week scan tomorrow, very exciting.

Glad you arrived safe Pineapple and really pleased you've shared your news.

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 08:22:09

I agree with you about the grumpiness Guinea. I have been getting much more annoyed with DS about silly things han normal and had to apologise to him last week sad

Happy Birthday to your DD! This time next year you'll be deciding about primary schools like we are and arguing about them if you can't decide between you hmm

I'm going to put the tree up today while DS is at preschool and DH is away for work until late. Even though I have tons of work to do - this is just another thing on my to do list, right?! grin

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 08:24:01

Ooh and hello Pineapple!!

There's going to be a Siberian cold snap in the UK this week so you definitely chose the best time to emigrate!

Has the Kath & Kim film been released over there yet btw?! grin

Im ok thanks however am getting my hand x-rayed today. Dp crushed it two days ago and the pain is getting worse/not better. Bit of swelling hard lump and very tender on the bone. Hopefully just a bruise?

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 10:18:17

Thanks guinea feeling a bit less tired but still rather daunted today. I think it's Xmas looming and knowing that after that there are just a couple of weeks before minitireds arrival. Happy birthday to your dd and not long until the scan, will you find out hat you are having?

Hello wing and pineapple hope your hand is ok something ?

Aches up into my wrist better not be broken as its my dominant hand!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 10-Dec-12 11:25:27

Fingers crossed no pun intendedwink its just a bruise something

I'm hoping to find out whether miniGuinea is a boy or girl. I found out with the other two and really liked knowing. It also means if we are having a boy baby I can get rid of the stuff I've been keeping from DD. I have no baby stuff at all though so still necessitates a shopping trip, such a shame grin .

Wing I am meant to be working today but a friend was going to Ikea and I needed a few bits and bobs...the Ikea breakfast just landed on the table in front of me, honest blush

Just popping to mamas and papas to check out their sale.

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 11:42:23

Guinea I'll take some girly stuff off your hands if you're having a boy wink grin

Oh yum to IKEA breakfast. We used to live 20 mins from the Croydon branch but DH hated going so I haven't been since DS was a baby sad I think Warrington is our nearest now. I'll have to take a day off and make a special trip out of it!

tired it's completely normal to be daunted, whichever number DC you're expecting. I haven't got there yet but when I do it's mostly about that newborn stage. I really don't know how to change a girl's nappy - there are all those folds and holes and things confused

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 13:48:27

Exciting about finding out guinea and it sounds like you are having a lovely day too. I have ds1 at home with a stinking cold so we are watching Harry Potter. wing yes I think its the thought a little of a girl being different and the feeding being different this time too. It'll be a new king of juggling to get used to with three I'm sure especially the school run. I am currently obsessing about choosing the right formula... Just can't quite bring myself to make a decisionblush.

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 13:57:36

I used Aptimal last time but I noticed the price last week in Sainsburys and it's over TEN QUID!! shock I remember it being pricey last time but I'm sure it was only £7ish.

To be fair, I'd probably go for the same again if bfing doesn't work (and with DH's feelings about bfing I don't have high hopes!).

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 14:09:22

Thanks. A lot of people have recommended Aptamil. But I read a thread on here saying that it's made in same factory as cow and gate I think. Also it said that the laws and everything about 0-6 month formula and so specific that there is very little difference between any of the brands to start with. Interesting but not very helpful either!

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 15:55:25

Oh yes I'm sure that's the case like a lot of the food we buy, eg own brand supermarket food is often made by big brands.

But although it's made in the same factory, you'll find that there will be differences. On one moneysavingexpert thread about this, it said that bread, so kingsmill (eg, can't remember), will be made out of a finer grade flour to the bog standard supermarket bread. And I imagine there will also be differences between formula milk.

But I'm not an expert! I also found the Cow & Gate cartons just a bit chavvy oops
F
It is completely up to you, my dear! grin

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 16:02:37

I know! I used Hipp organic for ds1 at 6 months plus when I went back to work. That doesn't seem so readily available these days. I hate the cow and gate adverts on tv the really wind me up too! Someone told me that Aptamil was smelly! Did you think so ?

WingDefence Mon 10-Dec-12 16:07:49

Smelly? I don't remember it being smelly other than a freshly-cooked creamy milk smell!

You could buy a ready-made carton of each type of milk now and have a tasting session see what you think about them?

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 16:11:22

Ha ha about a tasting session. Think I will probably go for Aptamil I need to make the plunge and get on with it really. I think I also need to find out if I need to take bottles and milk in my hospital bag (which is down from the loft but as yet unpacked!) or not. I was meant to have a midwife appointment next weds but a letter came today with the date for my next consultant appointment at st George's next Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I can't do both and haven't seen my surgeon for over 6 months so that needs to take priority really. Must ring midwife too now.

StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Mon 10-Dec-12 16:18:47

Ooh hello - have found the new thread!
Nothing much exciting going on here - half the decorations went up this weekend.
On the baby front things are very quiet now - worst of the sickness is all gone now, so wierdly am not feeling pregnant at all (to early to feel movements) - apart from the fact that today is the first time I am wearing 'maternity' trousers - and it is soooo comfy!!!

We will be using cow and gate or hipp buthoping to ebf till baby self weans.

Got the cutest hat ever today for £2.50 in the mothercare sale grin babys going home outfit is nearly done. Cant believe just over two months and its my edd!

tiredteddy Mon 10-Dec-12 18:23:24

Ooh I love baby hats something its all getting exciting now!

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Mon 10-Dec-12 18:57:24

wing changing a little girls nappy is out of my comfort zone too. Boys just seem easier. Does your dh have worries about breast feeding?

I introduced aptamil to ds at six months. I never had supply problems, but really struggled to express. The cartons were handy if I fancied an evening out. I smile chose it because I liked the look of it best.

Bit tmi but what do people reccomend for soaking up the ahem excess pant snot?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 10-Dec-12 22:00:15

A girl's nappy is actually easier than a boys because they don't immediately wee everywhere grin . They also generally toilet train earlier and easier too. I remember finding it a bit strange at first but after the first couple I'm sure you won't even notice.

Just interested to know what has made you both (Tired and Wing) decide to FF rather than BF?

Talking of girls im hoping this bump is pink but i wouldnt know what to do!

I remember when my DS weed on me than shat on DPs chest grin

guinea sorry if i missed it did you find out the flavour?

This thread is not accepting new messages.