Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

Yep is hyperemesis. The first type of anti emetic made me feel awful but they tried a new one and it is amazing. They have switched me to tablets since 15 mins ago in the hope I'll manage and be able to go home tomorrow. On a drip still which is making my wrist sore now but will be worth it if I get home feeling better. Consultant planning to sign me off work for a fortnight too so I can properly get better.

Feeling sorry for myself and just having cuddles with DCs before they get taken home

tiredteddy Thu 31-Jan-13 18:26:18

waves two weeks of work will do you the power of good. And I hope the tablets the keep the HG under control. Sending you get well thoughts x

WingDefence Thu 31-Jan-13 19:02:13

Blimey, you uber-sick ladies sad Nibble on a biscuit?

I'm back to working v late this week (midnight last night, until DH got in from Old Trafford). Don't worry, I don't deserve any sympathy. If I hadn't sat on MN doing nothing earlier this week I wouldn't be in this predicament!

I'm definitely feeling more 'normal' pregnancy side-effects this time round. With DS I can remember barely touching Gaviscon apart from after really big meals such as Christmas dinner and posh meals out (when we went for them) whereas I seem to be suffering from indigestion a lot of the time with those annoyingly aching trapped burps that just sit in my windpipe. Grr!

And also I remember being proud that even up to the end of carrying DS, I never had a problem bending over to do my socks and shoes up. Ooh I'm struggling now so goodness knows how I'll be in a few weeks time! I think it'll just give me a good excuse to go to the shoe shops for some slip-ons at the weekend smile

Right, I'm sure there was something else I wanted to say but I can't remember. Better get back to work...

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 31-Jan-13 21:17:29

It's been an age since I've been on here ... how are you all? I presume I'll find out the answer when I catch up on the 3 pages I've missed! Hope there hasn't been too much drama and lots of successful and uneventful baby-growing going on.

How are the antenatal classes going Wing? I keep meaning to look into things. I did finally get round to ringing/booking my active birth class at the hospital. They wouldn't book me in yet because they said I'll forget it all by the time I have the baby confused - whilst she may be right I would have preferred her to afford me at least one iota of intelligence! So the class is booked for 24th March.

I've got the home birth class at the hospital in the middle of Feb so that should do me until then (I only have very limited brain space don't you know).

Saw my surgeon today about my scar adhesion and he says that it's just the scar tissue and nerves stretching that's been causing my pain but nothing to worry about and nothing to be done.

Other than that it's been work joy here ... teaching started again on Monday and still have a huge stack of marking to be done by Tuesday. Obviously the sensible thing to do would be to knuckle down tonight and get it done. Instead I'm going to sit and watch Location, Location, Location in the bath!

Hope you're all having enjoyable evenings.

Dysgu Thu 31-Jan-13 21:23:15

I know all about how MN can take up the time I should be using for working Wing - I should be marking a set of books that is sitting right beside me at the moment ready for tomorrow ... I regularly find myself up until midnight and then I have to read a bit in bed before going to sleep so am often not turning out the light until 1am or so. I have always been like this though and am up again by half six.

Generally I have been feeling better since hitting the third trimester. Right now I am feeling a bit achey though as I slipped down the stairs trying to carry too much laundry. Luckily I was already near the bottom and I landed on the huge pile of dirty clothes - baby is bouncing around as usual and, apart from bruised toe and arm, I am fine. DP was great and hurtled down all the stairs (he was putting DDs to bed on third floor and I fell to the ground floor) but after the initial shock I am fine.

I am at the hospital again in the morning for my third attempt at the GTT - hopefully things will all be done correctly this time. I can always ask them to check on the baby if it seems odd overnight - will be something to do in the two hour wait!

BelleEtLaBaby Thu 31-Jan-13 22:28:59

Waves - come and join the hyperemesis support thread. Very informative and supportive. And no one will suggest ginger to you, I promise ;) I'm off for the next 2 weeks with HG too, although as its second time around, I've been on antiemetics since I found out I was pg. They are... Taking the edge off. The dizziness is the worst though. Feel like I'm constantly pissed sad Sorry you have it. It's a bitch. I just keep thinking 'baby at the end, baby at the end'.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 01-Feb-13 09:28:23

So it seems that there's actually been lots of drama. So sorry to hear about all the sickness - hope you're feeling better Waves. It's a shame you didn't escape HG in this pregnancy Belle but at least you were prepared I suppose (silver lining and all that).

Congrats on job Pineapple and thank you so much for filling out the questionnaire - sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

I'm going to head to bed and do marking from there I think. Sitting at a desk just doesn't agree with me.

Speaking of pelvic floor exercises ... I have been doing an exercise recommended for shortening the pushing stage of labour. Apparently, so I'm told, lots of people (rightly) strengthen their pelvic floor muscles but then don't practice relaxing them, which is obviously necessary for letting the little person out! The exercise is to practice when you are on the toilet doing a number 2 as it is apparently the closest action the muscles have to labour/birthing. You sit on the toilet with your legs slightly apart and raised if possible (knees in line with hips helps apparently) - I use DCs bathroom steps. Then when you need to 'go' you engage your transverse abs by pulling your belly button to your spine and hold it (this does something helpful with your abdominal pressure), and at the same time practice relaxing the pelvic floor to release ... erm well you know, stuff. I have been practicing for a week or so now and it was tricky at first because I didn't realise how much I tensed everything down there but now it's much easier and going to the toilet has become much easier and much more productive blush. At first when I did it I had to hold my breathe but now I can do deep breathing at the same time so I feel like it will be useful in labour if I don't forget it all that is.

Hadn't thought about a TENS machine this time but may investigate after hearing the positive review.

Hope the GTT is ok Dysgu - third time lucky.

frogchops Fri 01-Feb-13 12:06:56

Belle....I love the new name!!! I want one!!

BelleEtLaBaby Fri 01-Feb-13 12:42:27

Do it, Froggy. I'm so miz with HG at the moment that I need things to remind my why I am putting myself through this again smile

WingDefence Fri 01-Feb-13 13:37:49

You could be tadpolechops grin

Guinea, that exercise sounds great. ONe of the things I was told after 40 mins of pushing DS and his poor pointy head was that I must have had very strong pelvic floor muscles. I obviously took the exercises to heart a little too much blush

Have you got that from a leaflet or website or something?

Dysgu how was the GTT? I do hope you're not still stuck in the hospital...!
I worked till 9pm then made myself stop. Got one large bit of work sent off an hour ago (only 32 pages worth!) and now have the main document to revise slightly for Monday.

Poor waves - I hope you get out soon and get some proper rest as well (notwithstanding everything else). I can't imagine how you and Belle feel.

I'm off to the next ANC in half hour. I think this week is the week that previous ANC-attendees come in with their new babies! Looking forward to this one even though I should really be working but dammit I want to see those newborns! smile

I'm wel jel of you guinea having a home birth class. I got the leaflet through finally from the community MWs and it's next-to-useless. Need to chase the CMWs and get someone to come out and talk to me and DH about it all really.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 01-Feb-13 14:45:49

Yes I'm a bit surprised myself about the HB class Wing. My PCT isn't the most 'progressive' <wincing at referring to HB as progressive> so it seems strange that they do monthly information classes hmm - shall not complain, however, as I'm very appreciate of the fact that they do.

I got the exercise from a DVD called 'Perfect Pushing'.

Hope you enjoy looking at newborn babies like you could not enjoy that!

Incidentally I'm just finishing Ina May Gaskin's book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I've really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it if you're considering a HB/birth without pain relief.

Belle I am sending you sympathy. I am still in hospital and totally fed up. I was stupid to let things get so bad, but kept on thinking "it's got to get better now I am passed 12 weeks". 14 + 4 and still in the grip of it sad

I have begged to be let home tonight, I miss my lovely DCs and need a night of cuddles!

WingDefence Fri 01-Feb-13 18:39:22

Oh waves I hope they let you out!

tiredteddy Fri 01-Feb-13 19:33:48

Hello all, it's my birthday! Went shopping with DH this morning and a friend did birthday coffee and cake this afternoon with all my school mum friends. Just had a nice Chinese with the DC and now for a film when they ate in bed. Happy days.

waves extra cuddles tomorrow when they hopefully let you out. Hope you get some sleep now the drips out.

frog like the name suggestion below grin

MrsBri Fri 01-Feb-13 20:30:25

Poor you, waves...fx you get let out soon for cuddles and home comforts.

Happy birthday, tired. Sounds like you've had a lovely day. :-)

Dysgu Fri 01-Feb-13 20:39:52

Hurrah - GTT was fine this morning although the 2 hour wait seemed to last for ever and at one stage I could easily have dozed off! My 28 week bloods, which they took whilst I was there last week, all came back fine too so now we just have to wait until Monday to find out the results of today's GTT. Feeling hugely different from last week - just tired today and that may have nothing to do with GTT; baby is much calmer and, whilst still kicking, is not trying to break out this week!

On that note, I wore a top today that really seemed to emphasise how my tummy is changing shape - had to sit behind my desk for the afternoon otherwise the kids in my class would have just been watching my belly jumping all over the place grin

Fingers crossed for those of you with HG - my CM has really had a rough time of it but she has just reached 15 weeks and it seems to have gone. She has managed to be up and working this week and has done the school run a couple of times too. I lost over a stone in the first trimester but, apart from when I was actually being sick, felt generally fine. She has hardly been sick but has felt awful 24/7 until this week and it really has been terrible for her. I really hope everyone on here gets to 'the end' soon so that you can start enjoying being PG.

Dysgu Fri 01-Feb-13 20:42:15

And I only have 15 days of work to go smile and one of those is an INSET day. I think I will probably work from home for 3 days to get assessments marked and reports written and will then take a half day in lieu of having parents consultations one evening.

That all seems fine - but it feels like there is a lot to fit in to the 11.5 teaching days I actually have left!

WingDefence Fri 01-Feb-13 21:38:46

thanks Happy Birthday tired!!! thanks So glad you have been spoiled grin

Dysgu remind me how far gone you are because I am lazy and cannot be bothered to check the stats thread I'm 31 weeks tomorrow so you must be closest to me?

The ANC was rather fun this afternoon. The four young first-timers plus me then four mums with babies ranging from 6 months to 6 weeks. I had a lovely cuddle with the 6wk-old - he fell asleep in my arms!!

The MW healthcare lady who took the session (and took last week's) asked me if I was considering a HB and I said yes then explained I'd not had much infor and she agreed (without me saying anything) that it was leaving it a bit late to wait for my 34wk MW appt so she took my number and is going to get my lead MW to call me next week. Apparently she only works two days a week because she's close to retiring so I reckon I'd not have her at the birth anyway but who knows confused

When I spoke to my BF MW trainee earlier this week she told me just to get onto the supervisor of MWs at the hospital and pretty much demand some attention! I'm doing it a slightly less in-your-face way though; for now anyway grin

Right, I'm meant to be working while DH is out at a gig envy. Better get on.

Dysgu Fri 01-Feb-13 22:37:09

Hi Wing I am only 28+2 at the moment but am expected to deliver early as DD1 and DD2 are both spontaneous preemies! I am finishing work at 32+3 and, if I get that far, then it will be further along than with DD1 but not quite as far along as DD2.

I keep saying I will sit at home for 10 weeks and this baby will come late!

I am seeing the MW on Monday and am going to ask about ANCs but am not sure whether she will think it worth us doing them. We have never completed a series of classes but opted out of the NCT ones as the timing was wrong and they were not running the 'returners' on the island. It is over 4 years since DD2 arrived and I think a refresher course might be useful, especially for DP!

Happy birthday Tired

Dysgu Fri 01-Feb-13 22:43:55

Also, related to hospital bag packing - any suggestions on what DC3 should 'bring' to give to DD1 and DD2? I can't remember what DD2 gave to DD1 - she may not have given anything as she arrived so early and quickly and it was Christmas Eve so that was keeping DD1 busy.

DD1 is 6 and DD2 is 4. I think they are old enough to have something a bit special but also expect them both to have their noses pushed out of joint - DD1 will be going to school whilst DC3 stays home with me and DD2 will be home with us 2 days a week too.

DD2 is much 'higher maintenance' than DD1 and might have to get used to not being 'the baby' who gets her own way with Daddy and DD1!

Sorry ive had no internet in the hospital. I have discharged myself due to their appaling care. I was meant to be going for an emcs wednesday night/thursday early hours. The dr kept stalling amd dosing me up with painkillers. Baby was way to over active and only calmed down after they gave me pethadine as it crosses the placenta. He could also touch babies head through cervix. So they shoved me in anti natal ward and pretty much left it. I was given scan so dr could watch babies heart and another scan today to look at my scar. They want me to have an elcs at 38-39 weeks as my scar may not stand labour. Ive been put on antibiotics and they havent even told me what for. I havent even seen a dr today even though i have reduced movement. They have not go on top of my pain or even given me my daily medication. In the two days i was on the ward my bed was not changed my room or bathroom was not clean and i was not offered a fresh jug of water and wasnt even given any on asking so been using water from the hand washing sink. As i was reciving basically none to little care i couldnt see the point in taking up a bed. Have an appt with my consultant on monday so hopefully things will get sorted and i will be making a complaint to the liason service.

Dysgu Fri 01-Feb-13 22:53:22

Oh dear something that does not sound good. Sorry, how far along are you now?
Is this the same place as where you had DS? It seems like perhaps they are a bit overstretched so not checking on you properly. Was DP there with you to keep making a fuss? I always tell DP that his main job in supporting me is to ask all the questions I can't/don't ask and to make a fuss when I want/need something.

Do you have any alternate options about where to go if you are not happy with wherever you were on the ward?

Hooya Sat 02-Feb-13 01:49:03

Oh so much news on the thread!

something that's just terrible, hope you get some better care soon and certainly sounds like complaining is in order.

wing I would shout until someone listened re your HB but I am a bit of a dick hopefully helpful MW will give you the info you need!

dysgu 15 days! Must be such a strange mix of exciting and daunting!

waves and Belle so sorry you have been struck by evil HG, it just sounds horrendous sad waves I hope you got to go home for some comfort!

Happy belated birthday tired you lucky thing!

frog your doc sounds weird!

Will post more later, must go eat before I feel sick again!

Hooya Sat 02-Feb-13 02:31:05

Ooh Guinea thanks for the reminder re pelvic floor exercises! I won't be giving birth the traditional way but I think it's still important to do them, just for, erm, control during pregnancy?

And MrsBri you are so right about water, I am useless at getting enough fluids and need to keep reminding myself blush

Right, rude but I guess appropriate question coming up given we're all JustShaggers! Is anyone finding shagging different? We have not done much as I have felt sick or been asleep a lot, but as I'm a bit better now and DP was going a bit crazy we've started again, but it feels different, kind of better! Just me probably?

With apologies for this question to those of you with HG or who are waiting to pop and may not be thinking of such things!

Im 36+4 today have 19 days left max will be getting my section date monday as unlikely the consultant will go for induction.

Dp had to look after DS but he did come and visit and talk things over

This thread is not accepting new messages.