Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 24-Jan-13 14:59:07

We are using our crib and pushchair from last time, but probably need to get a chest of drawers. We also have lots of baby clothes left over, neutral in newborn sizes as we didn't find out DS's gender either. We haven't bought anything for this one yet, and I'm 22 weeks. There are a few things that I will need to get, but will probably leave that til the last minute.

Also the nursery is currently a messy office so that all needs to be sorted asap. We have pretty much run out of storage space in our house - not sure where everything's going to fit. :/

The snow is still there, but slowly melting thanks goodness.

Congrats on the good scan, Hooya.

Tentatively saying hello. 2 BFP's using internet cheapies thismorning. Gonna get a 'proper' one and do it later, then tell H2B!

WingDefence Thu 24-Jan-13 16:56:32

Oooooh congrats and welcome PinkLady! I think I remember when you turned from 33 to 34 grin

It looks like this thread is going to be busy like the last one!

I saw this link on the MN weekly email and it's quite interesting Truths about pregnancy

tiredteddy Thu 24-Jan-13 17:42:15

I've managed to update the stats thread! I didn't know how to cut and paste on my iPad before blush. It'll be exciting when more babies appear on there.smile

Kittenkatzen Thu 24-Jan-13 17:48:15

Ooh yay welcome pink grin

Kittenkatzen Thu 24-Jan-13 17:49:39

Oops bit trigger happy with the post button there....although now I think about it I don't really have anything much to contribute right now!

Off to read wing's linky then smile

Kittenkatzen Thu 24-Jan-13 17:55:16

Oops bit trigger happy with the post button there....although now I think about it I don't really have anything much to contribute right now!

Off to read wing's linky then smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 24-Jan-13 21:55:27

Hi all. Just caught up on 2 pages but can't remember who posted what so apologies if when I post random things.

Re. the Mothercare Babyplan thing, mamasandpapas do something very similar so might be worth investigating.

I was having painful, regular tightening on Tuesday night but think it was just wind/dodgy insides blush. Spent 2.5 hrs in the bath - it was bliss!

Have been sorting out baby clothes and have so far organised them into piles and dumped them in the room formally known as playroom. It will eventually become miniGuinea's room. Like you Tired we have long-term plans for an extra bedroom ... but we need a side extension or loft conversion to get it - it may mean that they all end up sharing until DS goes to Uni/moves out in 12 years time grin

Right need to finish watching the final of America's Next Top Model before DH comes home! Night everyone.

tiredteddy Thu 24-Jan-13 22:02:28

Oh guinea I need to watch the final of ANTM and can't find it to watch it! what channel is it/ was it on?

I still need to do a hospital bag but that depends on the meeting with my consultant at 37 weeks.

Still havent put the moses basket in the corner washed any clothes and have one pack of nappies. Someone slap me?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 24-Jan-13 22:50:26

It was on Sky Living. I bet it will be repeated - probably Sunday night. Hope you find it, it was a good final.

You've got plenty of time Something! (sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, I'll try again) ... Come on Something you really need to get a move on. Anyone would think you had a one year old toddler to look after the way you're dawdling wink. (Better?)

Dysgu Fri 25-Jan-13 00:20:48

We need to get a cot sorted or else this baby is not going to have somewhere to sleep. We have found the moses basket from DD1 and DD2 but I don't like it being on the floor - and DP cannot cope with anything being on the floor and is terrified of walking on it!

I have not done anything about packing my hospital bag something other than to throw some of the relevant stuff on the chair in our bedroom so it is easy for DP to find if he needs it (he is good at this as in the past it was basically a case of give him a list and point him at BOOTS!)

Of course, you are quite a way ahead of us but we are less than 5 weeks away if DC3 does what DD1 did... but DC3 is NOT going to (tells-baby-bump-to-stay- put-for-a-long-time-yet emoticon)

Pineapple80 Fri 25-Jan-13 08:54:26

Hi Ladies!

I really should update the stats thread myself, I don't remember adding myself to it! grin

We haven't started looking at baby stuff yet. I guess with the big move to Oz we have been too busy planning moving into the house and looking for jobs! Maybe once we are working we will start looking.

Oh I have been wanting to mention - remember I went for the CSV last month? Well, the doctor gave us the results which were fortunately good news and all clear and Dr forgot to ask if we wanted to know the sex of baby, so we saw it and now know (was 14 wks at the time)! We decided we will keep it to ourselves till birth so it's a surprise for everyone else smile. It's been good knowing as we have some names in mind already! We never wanted to find out the sex but we don't mind so much now. What are everyone else's plans for finding out baby's sex, or not for that matter?

Guinea - I sent over my questionnaire last night, hope it got to you and is of some help in some way! grin

WingDefence Fri 25-Jan-13 09:00:33

Pineapple that is so naughty - telling us lot isnt' the same as telling everyone else in real life! wink grin

something the only person who can give you a slap on this thread is Hooya really!!

ChildOfThe1980s Fri 25-Jan-13 09:03:58

I've had my 20 week scan and there's no way I'd find out the sex. So cool not knowing.

Yes all bumps must stay put. Talking of bumps im having a giraffe. There is a head wedged in my right hip- the pressure is immense sometimes and very active active feet under my boobs.

Ds is one today!

Pineapple80 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:26:31

Aww happy birthday to your DS Something!

I agree Child! I wouldn't have found out but it wasn't to be to not know, if that makes sense grin!

Wing - I'm dying to tell but promised DH I wouldn't! wink

WingDefence Fri 25-Jan-13 09:45:04

No, it's cool knowing! I love talking to my beautiful baby daughter inside me smile

It's just another thing for mums (and mums-to-be) to use to divide ourselves even from the earliest stages!
E.g:
Finding out the sex, Y v N
Home v hospital birth
Pain relief v au naturel
Boob v bottle
Disposables v 'real' nappies
Co-sleep v own bed
Own room v sleep in parents' room for 6 months
When to wean
etc
etc
etc...!
grin

tiredteddy Fri 25-Jan-13 10:00:22

You are so right wing and as someone once said to me, this information is not put on our cv's and we do not look at adults and say " she's a good manager, I bet she was breastfed/ co slept" ! Do what works for yourself and your family is the only opinion to have grin

WingDefence Fri 25-Jan-13 10:34:03

Don't you put that on your CV tired?? Damn, perhaps that's where I went wrong with my last job application...

Thankyou pineapple he has no clue its his.birthday, has trashed the front room and.now having a nap.

Also there are facebook mums. There all smiles and i love my DS/DD SO much on fb when in real life all they do is moan about them.

Hooya Fri 25-Jan-13 11:24:31

Wing you've reminded me how many decisions we have to make over the next 7 months, aaaargh! smile.

Tired and Wing that's v funny about our CVs: "Experienced, breastfed manager with strong leadership skills..." grin

something that's pretty rock n' roll I guess, trashing the room on his birthday!

Pineapple congrats on the test result and glad you are not too bummed to have found out by accident!

We are defo going to find out, I'm a total control freak and hate surprises!

I am currently celebrating as haven't felt sick, retched or had terrible stomach pains for about 90 minutes. This is a record since Monday when my symptoms started!

The numebr of choices is a bit overwhelming isn't it confusedI think I did almost everything different for my two, but they were very different babies and so I just adapted. Only thing I can't "excuse" re that was the nappies - used the real ones for DS and just couldn't cope with them again when DD arrived. Was just another chore I couldn't handle juggling a newborn and an 18 month old!

I don't really want to find out, but DH and the DCs are desperate, so I am secretly hoping for a very "shy" baby at the 20 week scan! DS is desperate for a baby brother, DD for a baby sister so someone will be disappointed!

Happy birthday to your DS something

I'm still in vomit-ville. DH had just cleaned the toilet this morning when it hit sadHoping for a less sicky weekend, at least I will be safe home the whole time grin

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 25-Jan-13 12:49:07

Happy Birthday to your DS Something.
I can't stand the fake people on fb, although most of the ones I know are 'I love my husband so much he's awesome' when you all know (including her) he's cheated on her loads in the past.

Going to find out the sex this time around for ease of knowing what to buy, although we're going to tell family that the sonographer wasn't 100% sure so we don't know. Saves MIL knitting herself into a frenzy & asking about names.
Although 100% this is a girl.

Wing, you forget the extended rear facing vs forward facing row!
And the Controlled crying...ooh I do love the drama people can create on here over other people's parenting!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 25-Jan-13 14:08:14

I've found out the sex with all 3 of mine - just wanted to know. I love referring to my bump as she and picking out cute girly clothes and talking to DCs about their baby sister. I do get why some people love the surprise though. A friend of mine says she is such a control freak in the rest of her life she worried she would end up becoming so organised that she'd miss out on the magic. Another friend said that she loved her DH seeing the sex and being the one to tell her - she feels it makes their bond extra special. I, however, am far too impatient. Plus DH doesn't do well with surprises and likes to know what's happening. He also needs as long as possible to find a name he might like to call our child grin

I have some FB friends who almost do the opposite - they are doting mothers in RL but on FB all they post are moans about their children and how much they need wine. In fact I have a fair few ' friend's who absolutely love creating FB drama, but I can't think that many people have such consistently dramatic lives.

I think when it comes to parenting choices everyone has the right to decide for themselves (unless it's damaging to someone else who depends on you of course) BUT I am very much in favour of informed choice. Unfortunately it seems we've got to a stage where it's become difficult to discuss facts without it being taken as implied judgement. I read a thread recently about MNers complaining about people who were pro natural birth suggesting that the facts surrounding birth interventions were criticisms of women needing birth interventions. I personally think it has got a bit silly...if statistically women who have epidurals are more likely to have intervention than a woman without an epidural then why isn't it ok to say this without it being taken as a criticism of particular women? I think if we fail to discuss and evaluate ways of doing things (anything, not just birth) then things don't improve. I'm really glad that someone told me about the benefits of BFing/risks of formula because it gave me the means to make an informed decision about whether to carry on when things got challenging. I didn't, however, feel they were criticising me for formula feeding DS, nor did I think they were implying that women who FF are bad. Anyway ... rant over, sorry - not sure where that came from (hope I didn't offend anyone). Must get back to marking. Oh. The. Joy.

This thread is not accepting new messages.