Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

tiredteddy Tue 22-Jan-13 19:52:30

guinea do you feel like you did when you had the polyhydraminos before? I suppose it does sound likely to get it again. Why is it that extra amniotic fluid means that you need a cs? Oops so many questions sorry. A scan will tell you more I guess. Hope you are feeling ok about it.

stuck glad the scan went well grin

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 10:07:37

Morning all smile

kitten where have you been?!

Stuck so glad your scan went well!

Guinea you can only try by drinking more and see what happens?

Child how is the snow? It stopped here yesterday afternoon but is so cold I doubt it's going to melt any time soon...

pineapple good luck with the move!

MrsBri hope you're well and tired how are the TWINS?!?! grin

Not much to report here apart from I've been doing some more reading about home births and also panicking about things like getting the nursery ready but at least I am definitely not ignoring my baby/pregnancy at the moment, as promised!

tiredteddy Wed 23-Jan-13 11:16:18

wing definitely only one snuggly baby here! She is very sleepy and squishy and yummy grin don't panic about the nursery babies don't go in them for ages. Good yo have the storage side of things sorted though. Somewhere to put all the nice baby clothes etc. Well done for nice pregnancy planning though wink It's

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 11:33:59

Durdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdur blush

Sorry! Glad to hear Fern is doing well - I want my very own squishy baby right now too please! smile And no, I've not got storage sorted yet, just trying to look into it because I thought about all the baby clothes I'm going to have to go through fairly soon and then I thought hmm but where-oh-where will I put all these clothes? grin

tiredteddy Wed 23-Jan-13 11:58:40

Meant to say it's MANDASAND with the twins!

tiredteddy Wed 23-Jan-13 12:04:21

So far Fern has a chest of drawers in the playroom (upstairs second bedroom which is a through room to boys box room) and her cot (which she's yet to sleep in blush) in our room. Long term planis to empty loft room (also accessed through playroom) of all junk and make new room for boys then Fern will go into the box room leaving the playroom still free. Note my use of the term long term plan!!! grin

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 12:20:27

Yes I remembered it's mandasand the second I saw your post! Sorry again - can I blame babybrain?! wink

DS has got a blue Argos single wardrobe and matching chest of drawers so I can't really reuse that for MiniWing. It's not the best quality anyway, the drawer bottoms have gone a bit as they're relatively shallow I've stuffed too many clothes in there. (Odd that we went for blue, considering we were pretty adamant that he wouldn't wear much blue and have actually stuck to that fairly well...)

I've just popped into 'the nursery' (ooh!) and there is already a small pine chest of drawers in there that used to be mine so we may be able to stick to pine this time round and get some nice plain furniture. We went for a farm theme in DS's nursery back in London because we wanted him to get 'into' farms as DH grew up on one, but now we live up in the countryside, we see tractors all the time and many of our friends are on farms and the novelty has completely worn off for him. Such a shame as he used to be addicted to farm vehicles and knew all the different tractors by sight.

I'm digressing, aren't I... grin

Anyway, this time round I think we'll go for a jungle theme because DM found some curtains she already had bought in the sale a few years ago just in case! so that with a few wall stickers will work fine I think. Need to repaint the walls, probably lemon as DS had as it goes with everything really.

Can you tell I'm really procrastinating today...?!

tiredteddy Wed 23-Jan-13 12:57:06

Sounds lovely wing !

MrsBri Wed 23-Jan-13 13:44:59

Ha ha, Wing...I may be having what seems to be an elephant, but it is only one in there :-) Baby brain indeed!

Glad everyone's planning is going OK. Once I move house I'll consider my options with the nursery. Very excited!

Baby has chosen today to move non stop. I feel bad as some of his movements really do make me feel a bit queasy. I'm a bad mum :-/ By he, I mean baby, but won't say it!

Kittenkatzen Wed 23-Jan-13 19:38:14

wing I was in Rome for a few days. Very cold and rainy it was too grin

Loving all the nursery talk, very exciting! DH is quite keen to get out to a shop at the weekend to look at prams and stuff - he's quite keen to get some of the bigger items (pram/cot/car seat etc) in the January sales. I can see his point - we could get a better one now in a sale than if we wait and pay full price. Still makes me nervous though at only 7 weeks tomorrow.

Did anyone else have/get stuff early on?

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 20:08:19

Ooh Rome kitten - I'd forgotten! That's the only major European capital city DH and I have both not been to as we're relatively well travelled. I'm wel jel envy grin

I have to say and I'm always honest, guv that I probably wouldn't be able to go out and buy a pram or any of the other Big Ticket items that early into my pregnancy. Obviously I'm absolutely sure there'll be no problems, but if there are I don't think I'd be able to look at big boxed up baby stuff as a reminder every single time of what had happened.

Please don't think I'm being horrible or wishing that something may go wrong sad but there will be summer sales too and there are often now other offers and voucher codes you can use outside of the January sales.

By all means do your research now though, it's great fun!

(Please please don't hate me for saying what I've said blush)

MrsBri Wed 23-Jan-13 20:43:52

What you can do, if you really want to look / buy now is try Mothercare. They have a 10% deposit scheme and you pay the rest off until a date you've chosen for delivery. If you change your mind, you can just cancel and get your deposit back. It won't be delivered until nearer to your due date, so won't be in the house.

We've ordered a few things through the Babyplan scheme as we get the goods at the sale prices, but get them ages down the line :-)

I think other shops do a similar type scheme too.

Kittenkatzen Wed 23-Jan-13 20:51:18

thanks wing of course I don't hate you for saying that, it's exactly the reason I'm not keen on the idea in the first place...DH though is a purely practical creature and can't see past "but if we don't get it now we might end up having to get a rubbish one later" hmm.

Thanks mrsbri that's a good tip about the babyplan thing I'll definitely check that out smile

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 22:03:27

I'd never heard of that plan - I wonder if it existed when I was pregnant with DS?

Thanks kitten - I'm just a pessimist realistic I guess, but on this thread I don't think any of us want to think of such nasty possibilities sad

Kittenkatzen Wed 23-Jan-13 22:10:37

Well they do say a pessimist is never disappointed so maybe that's not such a bad thing grin

WingDefence Wed 23-Jan-13 22:42:46

Nah, I'm not a pessimist really, it's just with this pregnancy lark I can never take anything for granted right up to when the baby pops out the other end, healthy and happy! grin

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 23-Jan-13 22:51:53

kitten, if you're planning on going to any baby shows, most places will offer a discount on the day.
Don't buy stuff in Mothercare! They're awful for customer service/returns. Lady I know had a Mothercare brand buggy break after 2 months & it took 6 months(!) and two loaner buggies (the first one broke in the same way the original did) to get it back....loads of threads on here about how shite they are.

From a practical point, they're earmarked for going down the pan at some point (rubbish performance last year), so if you do buy, put it on the credit card so you've got some level of protection.

I'm a realist too Wing, and won't have baby stuff in the house until we have a baby to put into/onto the stuff, far too many pregnant ladies who didn't get to take home babies in my life sad

I have swollen feet/hands, any ideas on how to help swelling (it's not GD, low blood pressure).

Hooya Thu 24-Jan-13 04:38:16

Hello everyone!

Had another good scan with early heartbeat so I'm thinking I can join more properly now grin though I have been lurking and keeping up-to-date on your news!

tired it's so lovely reading you describe your sleepy snuggly newborn smile

something I hope you are getting some sleep!

GBT dunno, I ice mine when they get swollen from evil bastard mozzie bites, but it's quite painful so maybe not good advice!

Oh how I envy all of you doing this for the second (or more) time! I don't have a bloody clue about anything, it's all a complete mystery! On the advance buying stuff, I reckon we'll start looking at things early but not actually buy anything until pretty late, but we're terrible at never getting bargains because we often leave stuff to the last minute!

It's funny reading about your experiences with healthcare in the UK, because it's so different here. It's all totally obstetrician led, they don't have midwives as such, and even scans are with the big godlike doctor guy.

Right - off to read the various leaflets and figure out what I should be eating / doing!

WingDefence Thu 24-Jan-13 07:26:41

Ooh Hooya, so glad to hear that!

Come and pop yourself on the stats thread, pronto!

Hooya Thu 24-Jan-13 08:59:29

Thanks Wing, will do, if anyone can answer a stupid question for me! Do we remove people from the stats who have had their lovely babies <looks enviously at tired>?

tiredteddy Thu 24-Jan-13 09:12:34

Glad you are well hooya and confident to join properly. Happy to be removed or whatever. I'm hanging around for a bit as in limbo of where to go next... There is the grads thread but I'd be the first to go over and am feeling a little shy. Might wait until somethings baby arrives and go together? My newborn was very good last night and actually spent the night in her cot rather than on me/ in my bed. She has gone over her birth weight now and I'm signed of by the midwife as she's 10 days old!

WingDefence Thu 24-Jan-13 10:13:12

Ten days? Wow that's gone quickly smile

I think we can keep the stats thread all-inclusive until it fills up, but perhaps tied you could update your entry to announce the happy arrival? thanks

I've realised there are a few people who havent' been around much. If I get a chance, I'll try to work out who has just gone AWOL and who have had to leave for other reasons sad

Gary My fingers and legs/feet are a bit swollen but I'm not too worried about it. I'm not wearing any of my rings though which is really odd - I put my wedding ring back on when I leave the house though!

I've just been going through a pile of baby knitting patterns with my DM (no, not knitting patterns for the baby to do, nor patterns for knitting babies! grin). Soooo exciting. I must get DS's old clothes down fairly soon as I need to make a start on what MiniWing can wear and what my DM had already knitted for him. I'd forgotten that babies tend to wear a poppered-up bodysuit underneath an all-in-one thingy but I've completely forgetten what those are called confused

WingDefence Thu 24-Jan-13 10:15:32

* tired not tied. Dur (again).

This time last year id had my waters broken was on the drip and just started gas and air!

Had my 35 week midwife yesterday everything is good and mesuring perfectly

Hooya Thu 24-Jan-13 12:39:29

Stats thread updated! Tired have left it to you to update with Fern's details!

10 days, wow! I hope you stick around, I feel great comfort in knowing all the names on here smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.