Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 18-Jan-13 18:20:41

Snowing here too. If it continues we should be able to take DCs sledging tomorrow.
Been to Homebase this afternoon to get paint tester pots and look at 'feature' wallpaper for the chimney breast in the living room. Typically my favourite is a Habitat one which seems to be much more expensive than any others. We should only need two rolls but not sure I can justify £50 for only a bit of wall.

Not sure whether I'm going to do ANC this time. What made you decide to do them Wing (given that it's second time round for you?)

Snowing here AND at home which means that I am stuck away from home for another night. Sooooo gutted as I hate having to work away, and even the one night planned away night was bad enough. Airports were both closed and the boat went "technical". Island life totally sucks at times. Really, really hoping I get home tomorrow morning. Especially as I only brought one pair of clean pants away with me. blush

Dysgu Fri 18-Jan-13 19:45:23

Oh dear, that is a shame, waves

DP left for work on the mainland at half six this morning and i was worried that he might struggle to get home. Luckily they closed the university where he works at 1pm so he managed to catch a boat and get home - so I had a lovely bath this afternoon whilst he built snowmen in the garden with the DDs smile

Hope you make it home tomorrow...

My neighbour is an arsehole he blares his rediculous music out and it sounds like there having a party. Im over emotional because its preventing me sleeping and i havent slept properly in a week. laying in bed with bh/tightnings

something I hope you managed some sleep last night.

I'm at the airport waiting to fly home now. Looks like everything is working again and really looking forward to getting home. The DCs had a brilliant time in the snow yesterday, so kind of pleased we had some for their sake (snow is so rare here) just wish it hadn't coincided with a work trip.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 19-Jan-13 10:45:43

Glad you're managing to get home waves.

I've sent the troops out sledging whilst I enjoy a croissant and brew. had a lovely lie in this morning too - happy me smile

Just wondered if you had seen this thread about homebirth on childbirth wing? I know it's not medically informed but I found it interesting reading so thought I'd share.

WingDefence Sat 19-Jan-13 15:44:22

Thanks Guinea, I'll have a look later.

I'll update about the AN class later too but I just wanted to say 'hi' - it's been a manic day as we went sledging this morning, then to a charity cake morning on a friend's farm, then rushed back to get DS ready for a pirate birthday party and have only been back 20mins!

I'm knackered!!

Right, hope you are all okay/home now/slept alright etc etc smile

Evening grads smile busy day today, nearly ended up with dp at a&e as his nose wouldnt stop bleeding! Convinced him to finally go to the drs as he has had four nose bleeds in the last 3 days. So much blood envy is there such a thing as a nose hemmorage? grin

35 week midwife on wednesday then DS first birthday on friday!!

WingDefence Sat 19-Jan-13 20:54:23

Blimey something that's a bit pants sad You've also made me think I must borrow a moses basket and stand from somewhere!

Well, the AN class yesterday was interesting. It was me plus four young first-time mums and we went through pain relief (I missed the stages of labour that they went through last week, which is a shame). The MW leading it was the one I saw on Thursday and obviously remembered me (and kept referrring to home births while looking at me, so she for one has got that in mind!).

I hadn't really forgotten very much about pain relief, just bits and pieces - and they tended to be the more negative points about some of the options, which I put down to my old-school NCT teacher last time round grin

I wanted to go again as I wanted a refresher after 4 years but the named 'refresher course' is at the hospital and I'm not prepared to drive approx 30 mins plus pay for parking, whereas this is 15mins to the next town with free parking! Next week is breastfeeding, then the week after is where they get ladies from the last course to come in with their new babies and talk about their birth experiences. They didn't do anything like this on the NHS down in SE London where I was for DS (cost-cutting...) so I'm grateful for it.

It did make me realise that I have forgotten all the helpful breathing exercises that the NCT taught us last time but I reckon I can google for that sort of thing.

Oh and Guinea, I've just posted on that HB thread. It's lovely and as one of the posters on there said, if you're considering it you're halfway there (or something like that). I may have to go completely OTT with carpet covering though!

Glad your classes went well! They sound very positive my plan is gas and air as soon as, no epidural.

wing ive cleared the corner out but still havent put the basket over yet maybe ill get round to that next week.

Dp got £50 worth of vouchers through his work for working through the olympics. We picked john lewis as we can buy our pram carrycot from there, they arrived today so happy me smile

Dysgu Sun 20-Jan-13 12:17:26

something lovely to have the vouchers - have you decided which pram you are getting? I am thinking you are going to need a double?

Wing glad your class went well. I am going to ask about classes when I see the MW again at the start of February. I am not sure if I have forgotten anything but I think DP could certainly do with a refresher. I cannot find any mention of NHS refresher courses anywhere on the island so guess they lump us all in together.

We have never actually completed the course before - I think we might have done a total of 3 classes out of the 5 they run. I think we managed one with DD1 before she arrived and then 2 with DD2 - so if the pattern keeps up then we might manage 3?

I did look into NCT classes but they were only running a course on the island something like 2 weeks before the due date - which didn't seem worth signing up for as we may not get there. We could have travelled to the mainland but that hardly makes it worth it and I was hoping we would meet some 'baby-friends' locally.

Dysgu were getting the baby jogger city mini double plus carrycot its so so light and a dream to push

been snowing for hours here needed to venture into town and we made it. DS appears to have conjunctivitus and DP now has man flu

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 20-Jan-13 19:36:32

Something - I have done my first 'baby' shop and looked at some prams - and that baby jogger city mini is really lovely and light. If I was pushing 2 I would be considering it!
(p.s. have sent pm and fb request - can I be added to the group - my initials are AD and my picture is me stood in mountains next to a cliff! thanks)

Hope everyones weekend was good - had a lovely walk in the snow along the canal - even if it did wipe me out for the rest of the evening.

I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow, and assuming all is well then the plan is to go to look at car seats! Off to a place near Wigan which has a few ERF ones which is what I quite fancy getting...

My 'd' s appears to of forgotten how to nap and sleep and its starting to take its toll.now c

WingDefence Mon 21-Jan-13 10:49:21

Stuck what time is your scan? Good luck!

Tons more snow this morning and it's still snowing (not forecast!) so DH hasn't been able to get to clients across the Pennines in Leeds. Nice to have him at home. DS was playing in the garden before preschool this morning and saw deer running across the hill at the end of the garden and the pheasant aren't looking impressed as they can't reach the bird feeders grin

I spent some time (separately) with two friends' 1yo DDs this weekend and they were both so cute. Starting to babble/talk etc. It reminded me that I wasn't that keen on the first year with DS but once he hit 1 I realised I really do prefer children who can interact etc. Oh well, only another year+ until I get to that stage again! confused smile

tiredteddy Mon 21-Jan-13 12:36:52

Hi everyone. I've been busing managing visitors. Did the school run this morning and all went smoothly so feeling very capable grin will catch up on what I've missed the last few days and post again later xx

Pineapple80 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:05:24

Good luck with your scan Stuck!

Tired - look at you go, that is great you're back into the swing of things already smile. How is little Fern doing?

Hope you're all keeping warm. Have heard about the snow from all the way in Melbourne!

Something - hope your DS rediscovers his naps soon!

Guinea - I will work on the questionnaire tomorrow and aim to send it back then as well! Sorry for the delay!

Hope everyone else is doing well? DH & I are hoping to move in to new house this weekend! Very excited. Have been staying with PILs and really can't wait for some of my own space again. grin

ChildOfThe1980s Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:47

How did your scan go Stuck?

Hope the move goes well Pineapple.

Kittenkatzen Mon 21-Jan-13 18:40:48

I'm baaaaack! gringrin

Did you miss me?!

Off to catch up...

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 21-Jan-13 19:15:43

hi this is a quick one as off to scan in my picture and get it sent off to relatives!
Very happy to report that babyStuck is healthy and all is progressing normally. Got to see him/her moving about, opening and closing his/her mouth and waving his/her arms around. Was a huge relief as I've not felt any movements yet and was good to find we don't need to make any decisions relating to disability/problems.
After a nice lunch with MIL we've been to a pramshop near Wigan and even though I thought I knew what I wanted (an ERF car seat) we are going to go with a group 0 one first and then go ERF eventually. Even found a pram that we are happy with and its half the price of what I liked in John Lewis! Looks like we'll go for a Maxi Cosi Mura and carrycot, and a BeSafe car seat and its nice to have found an independent shop thats not too far away that we can buy from with a bit more backup than an internet shop.

Glad your scan went well!

Went to the inlaws today and they had done a suprise birthday tea for DS and got him a smart trike! He had a lovely day and has hopefully walked and giggled himself into a state of exhaustion.

35 weeks tomorrow! Cant wait to find out what this baby is ive got a blue feeling and that i will be over run by testosterone

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 22-Jan-13 16:48:26

Glad your scan went well Stuck and you have had some success with pram/carseat shopping (it's very exciting isn't it?!)

Your DSs surprise birthday tea sounds lovely Something. First birthdays are such a milestone - I hope you and your OH are managing to celebrate a bit too. You're getting so close to popping baby 2 out now!

I've been in a school all day today, doing research with a few sixth formers - it was really interesting.

Just about to collect DCs from the childminders and can't decide whether to make the most of the snowy weather and walk or whether to be lazy go in the car?

Am feeling MASSIVE at the moment and measuring big for dates. A friend of mine who is an obstetrician says I feel squishy (my words not hers!) and so I've got an extra scan at the beginning of February to check for polyhydramnios (again). I'm so hoping I do not have it as it would affect my birth plans, but not sure how likely it is that I will get away with it as I had it in both previous pregnancies. Ho hum, will just have to wait and see. It does seem ironic really that I would suffer from excess fluid when I probably exist in a state of dehydration most of the time. Maybe I should start drinking more and see if it goes away? hmm

ChildOfThe1980s Tue 22-Jan-13 17:28:13

I think water retention (if that's what you have) is more likely if you don't drink enough water actually. I read that somewhere.

It's snowing here again. So tomorrow there'll be ice under snow, making me even more scared of falling over and damaging Baby; and probably no school for DS. Great.

The flakes are huge - about 2cm in width.

MrsBri Tue 22-Jan-13 18:06:38

You're right, Child, if you don't drink enough, your body retains fluid as it doesn't know when it will get more.

The birthday party sounds lovely, something :-)

Yeah were off to soft play on friday ( his birthday) then spending the night just us three smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.