Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

WingDefence Wed 09-Jan-13 09:25:49

*nice not move to have lovely bosses. Bloomin fat fingers on my phone!

Pineapple80 Wed 09-Jan-13 09:39:58

Hi ladies!

Tired - not long to go at all! Where has all the time gone? Wishing you a good coming few days till birth of bubs smile.

How are you feeling now Something? Hopefully better x

Hope your meetings and lunch go well Wing!

Well my old boss has offered me a job which is great! I replied and told I'm I would accept AND have told him about my pregnancy and plans for leave etc. I figured the best way forward is to be honest and upfront from the beginning. I can't help feeling guilty but I think I've done the right thing....what do you ladies think?

Wishing you all a great day ahead!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Wed 09-Jan-13 10:03:25

Great news on the job offer Pineapple. I think you've done the right thing about being honest straight away, at least then your pregnancy can be factored in to your work and the company. Hope you're much more settled in now.

Thanks everyone who has offered to fill in my research questionnaire. Kitten, Dysgu and Wing I have emailed it to you. If anyone else would like to do it then I'll email it to you if you PM me your email address - the more the merrier!

I have just bought a Lumie light alarm clock and it's brill! I was up at 6.45am this morning doing yoga! This is absolutely unheard of for me, but it really is a gentle way to wake up - I'm very impressed. Despite that, however, we still had to dash to school as we were just about to head out of the door when DD said 'mummy, you've forgotten to make DSs lunch' blush. Oops!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned my previous abdominal surgery issues but when I was pg with DD I had a large diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles). It's normal in pregnancy but mine was excessive and had to be repaired surgically. There is a technique called the Tupler Technique that can help you to close/prevent a diastasis (which I helpfully discovered afetr my surgery!). Anyhow... part of the program is to wear an abdominal splint (to bring/keep the muscles together) and mine arrived yesterday. I didn't realise how much I let my stomach muscles relax until I put it on this morning - I barely look pregnant when i hold in my muscles as I am meant to! I also got a DVD with it called 'Perfect Pushing' which teaches you how to strengthen and use your core muscles in labour at the same time as strengthening and relaxing your pelvic floor muscles - I'm determined to be a labouring machine this time!

DD starts baby ballet today so I think we'll have snack time and head out. One of my new years resolutions is to stop being late for everything!

Hope you all have lovely days.

Pineapple80 Wed 09-Jan-13 10:17:37

Oh Guinea thanks I hope I've done the right thing smile. I am happy to do your questionnaire, would love to help out! I will PM you my email.

Aww, baby ballet - hope she enjoys it smile.

tiredteddy Wed 09-Jan-13 10:24:58

wing I've seen the Hobbit and I really loved it. Absolutely recommend it.

pineapple wow, congrats on the job! Def the right thing to be honest I'm sure. Seems like everything is working out nicely for you smile

guinea I'm a bit impressed with the early morning yoga! Baby ballet sounds very sweet too. I'm always late everywhere too I must try harder. The abdominal support sounds very effective. I hope it does the trick for this pregnancy.

Kittenkatzen Wed 09-Jan-13 11:05:42

pineapple congrats on the job offer! grin

wing I've seen the hobbit too and really enjoyed it. It is long, but not hideously so, and honestly I thought it was so well done I hardly even noticed the time. I do harbour a secret wish to live in Rivendell with the elves though!

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 09-Jan-13 12:30:12

PM-ed you Pig!

Hurrah for job offer pineapple!

Found heartbeat yesterday using my doppler, so although it's not set in stone this pregnancy=baby, for now Johnny five is alive!

If you're reading this, you're now doing pelvic floor exercises. grin

Hope everyone is having a good day.

got a baby firmly jabbed in my ribs! midwife went well yesterday mesuring perfectly smile she wants to see me in a week

MrsBri Wed 09-Jan-13 18:06:58

Congratulations, pineapple. When do you start?

Good news, Gary, on the Doppler...how far along are you now?

Aquanatal tonight. A bit tired, so hope I get through it. It's only 45 mins though! Quite looking forward to test driving my new cossie.

Kittenkatzen Wed 09-Jan-13 18:41:52

Arrrrgh omg someone please tell me that pregnancy brain isn't something that gets progressively worse?! I'm barely 5wks and so far in the last 48hrs I have:

- put Jennifer Saunders down for some internal training at work confused
- packed my boss off to a conference on the other side of town...a month early blush
- miscommunicated so badly that I sent our events team into a panic thinking I was trying to order £800 worth of catering for an internal meeting
- lost my really good beats by dr dre headphones sad

I shouldn't be allowed out....!

tiredteddy Wed 09-Jan-13 19:04:05

Oh dear kitten that does not sound good confused erm not sure I've recovered full brain power since dc1 though so can't promise any improvement shockgrin

WingDefence Wed 09-Jan-13 21:19:38

Pineapple yay for the job!

Guinea OUCH sad

Gary yes, remind me too how far along you are?

MrsBri how was aqua natal?

something hope the headache has cleared?

kitten that's very funny! I've had it twice so far this pregnancy where I have COMPLETELY and utterly forgotten what I was talking about halfway through a sentence. Never happened before and extremely disconcerting but thankfully not at work blush I do remember it getting pretty bad in work meetings just before I went off on maternity leave last time where I couldn't remember normal everyday work jargon.

Had a nice lunch objectives-setting meeting at Bella Italia today, plus scrambled egg & smoked salmon for breakfast on the train down, a chicken & stuffing sandwich, crisps and little banoffee cheesecake dessert on the train up and then a delish beef casserole I made in the slow cooker yesterday with mash for tea when I got in. I am all FAT, and none of my bump is actually baby blush grin

MrsBri Wed 09-Jan-13 21:22:40

Hi Wing

Aquanatal was really good, thanks. Not free like the Sefton website said, but worth doing. Feel quite perky now. I'd definitely recommend it :-)

Pineapple80 Wed 09-Jan-13 23:14:25

Ahh thanks all! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear back about my job and hoping old boss is ok with baby news etc. Maybe I'm worrying for no reason smile.

Glad aqua natal classes went well MrsBri! I wouldn't mind trying it out as well as some yoga. Have u started feeling movement yet? I think we are few days apart and I've been trying hard to feel ... Well anything! Most time is has only been wind though ha ha! blush

Wing - yum!! It all sounds delicious grin
Something - so glad to hear all is going well!

Kitten - sorry bit had a giggle! I almost put the kettle in the fridge not long ago myself he he!

Gary - I bought a doppler recently too and love it! Takes a bit of getting used to but can almost always find heartbeat each time I try now. The reassurance is nice isn't it?

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 00:33:46

I have felt some fizzing and popping, pineapple, which the midwife agreed was bubs. After I had my appointment on Monday, 'he' was mental all night. :-)

No kicks though yet.

Kittenkatzen Thu 10-Jan-13 07:14:42

Oh well at least I know I'm not alone in the ditziness grin on the plus side, I found my headphones this morning - packed away neatly in their case in my handbag...I didn't even think to look there as they always live in my coat pocket! blush DH thinks its hilarious.

wing sounds like you had a delicious day yesterday, that's definitely my kind of meeting smile

getting DS 9-12 month stuff out for him to wear aswell as sorting his tiny baby/newborn stuff. hard to belive he used to be that small.

going by scans even though they could be very wrong and from what ive read this ones looking to be a very similar size

tiredteddy Thu 10-Jan-13 17:01:03

Cute something I love sorting out the baby clothes. How much did your DS weigh when he was born then? Do you think this one will be similar. My ds1 was 7lb11oz and ds2 was 6lb11oz so a whole pound lighter. Maybe I'll be lucky and this one will be a pound lighter again wink

DS was 7lb 9oz nhs scan put them on track for 7lb 10oz at 40 weeks and private scans 7lb 15oz awww id love a teeny baby!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 10-Jan-13 19:02:24

I love sorting out baby clothes too. Have started preliminary organisation but want to make sure I have something exciting to look forward to when I'm big and fat and can't do anything grin

I hope my baby is smaller than my last one. DS was 8lb1oz at 42 weeks. DD was 8lb12oz at 39 weeks...dread to think how monstrous this one will be as they are meant to get bigger with each pregnancy aren't they?!

Wing I'm very envy of your super eating day yesterday. It all sounds delicious. I might treat myself to the rest of the Christmas Thorntons chocolates tonight, even though they give me heartburn.

Glad you enjoyed aquanatal MrsBri. I got up early again to do my new yoga DVD. Going to do my prenatal Pilates tomorrow. I am determined to do some exercise during this pregnancy!

Kitten I havent really got my grown up brain back after DS1 so don't think there's much hope I'm afraid wink Glad you found your headphones though. I frequently do things like this, though its mainly be because I'm messy and disorganised rather than being pregnant...when I lose something I don't look where they should be as I never rarely put things away properly. It drives DH mad!

haha im at that big fat stage but i cant stop nesting!

WingDefence Fri 11-Jan-13 11:15:36

I've not hit nesting yet! We're in Liverpool for our dirty mini break and I'm catching my breath on a stool in the Apple store while DH browses /smile

I am SO unfit this pregnancy! Commuting and walking to and fr the station etc last time definitely kept me fitter. Now, just walking for 30 mins and my heart is RACING and I'm out of breath sad blush

Right, better get on as DH has finished browsing...

tiredteddy Fri 11-Jan-13 14:22:45

Have a brilliant weekend wing grin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 11-Jan-13 18:04:24

Hope you have a great weekend Wing and manage to keep up the pace with your DH!

Hooya Sat 12-Jan-13 05:25:03

<creeps very tentatively in to grads thread>

Hello everyone! Got my BFP last weekend, very nervous after MC back in October, but excited to be pg again! Won't join properly yet, just marking my place and lurking to catch up on how you are all doing! So excited for those about to pop! grin Can't believe how time has flown!

<creeps out again>

This thread is not accepting new messages.