Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

WingDefence Thu 03-Jan-13 17:56:46

I've been schlepping around the Trafford Centre (finally!) today with DH and DPs. It was fab but I really did flag after lunch (McDonalds blush) and ooh I ache now.

Bargains included 75% off everything in Clintons as they are moving stores so I stocked up on 4th, 5th and 6th birthday cards for the next couple of years, plus a lovely Melissa & Doug nativity set for just £2.50!

Also got two cake tins to do DS's cake tomorrow in the Kenwood. Gulp, I'm nervous!

tiredteddy Thu 03-Jan-13 17:59:56

I looked at your link to the cake wing it looks yummy! If I lived closer I'd say save me a slice! grin

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 18:21:24

Cake? Did someone say cake?! gringrin

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 18:28:38

Ah, Wing, we are off to the Trafford Centre tomorrow. We could have had a mini meet :-)

Sounds like there are bargains to be had, which is good to hear.

Really tired this week. I think work in between Christmas and New Year took it right out of me. I've definitely needed these days off.

WingDefence Thu 03-Jan-13 19:07:17

MrsBri that's is SUCH a shame! Grr! sad Not sure how much will be left in that Clintons though...

And tired & kitten, don't get too excited - my cakes never turn out like the picture in any recipe I use. I'm hoping that a choc cake covered in ganache (never made before...) and smarties can't go wrong grin

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 19:18:27

By the sound of it, not much since you left, ha ha! :-)

I need some maternity bottoms of some description as I could have cried this morning as nothing fitted :-/ I resorted to one of the work dresses I bought in Next's sale!

Chocolate cake in ganache with Smarties sounds ace, Wing!

Dysgu Thu 03-Jan-13 20:40:08

I think I might have to look for a new swimming costume - am planning on asking my MW to advise me to do the aquanatal classes so I can insist on time off work but it seriously had not crossed my mind about what I would wear blush

I spent the second morning in a row at the antenatal clinic at the hospital although I think the 'highlight' might have been when I was picking up the medication at the hospital pharmacy and the pharmacist went into great detail, in front of all the other people waiting, about how exactly to insert them into my vagina and push them up 'but not too far' and then gave me an A4 diagram in case I needed more guidance grin

One thing I did forget to ask or didn't even consider thinking about until much later in the day, was whether DP and I can still DTD. I presume we can but should we do it before or after the thing is inserted as it needs to be put in each day at bedtime for the next 10 weeks (or until the baby arrives if it puts in an appearance before 34 weeks).

Persuasion Fri 04-Jan-13 12:50:46

I'm still here I just lurk chronically grin

I'm 14+3 now and feel a long way behind some of you! I'm still waiting for my nausea to go and my second trimester 'glow' to appear! don't tell me it won't, I'm not listening, la la la

I hope it holds off a little longer for you something, although it does sound like baby might want out now!

dysgu I love the A4 diagram, I'm surprised they didn't go the whole way and do a demonstration confused grin

tiredteddy Fri 04-Jan-13 17:52:23

dysgu funny about the diagram indeed! grinblush

Hi persuasion sorry to hear you are still feeling sick hope it passes soon for you.

Does everyone have exciting plans for the weekend. Mine include directing DH to do the last DIY jobs (hang blind in playroom, put up new light and coat hooks) and wash the baby bedding! Then tidy/clean the house so it's ready for impending arrivals and visitors. Then on Sunday we are going to my friends sons party.

Hope everyone's ok?

WingDefence Fri 04-Jan-13 22:42:22

That's very funny Dysgu! I'd forgotten you teach when I'd said before about you taking time off work for aqua natal - it's definitely not as easy as being in an office job.

Hello Persuasion - I hope too you round a corner soon and stop feeling sick envy <-that's a sick face, not jealous!

Blimey tired, you are really making me think how soon this unavoidable baby arrival is for all of us...!

I've got DS's birthday party tomorrow. I'm absolutely wiped out having made his cake (need to decorate tomorrow - just sorted out five giant tubes of smarties into their different colours...), plus 15 gingerbread men for the little darlings to decorate, done all the party bags, wrapped the pass the parcel, did a MASSIVE shop this morning for food etc. Five hours in the kitchen today and I've barely sat down so I ache tons.

Just have to decorate the cake, make the dough tomorrow for the pizzas, then get down to the church hall and blow up 100 balloons, sort everything out, decorate, actually host the party etc etc...

Right, night all!

MrsBri Sat 05-Jan-13 10:36:42

Good luck today, Wing. It all sounds exhausting!

I've just booked onto aquanatal on Wednesday evening. It's useful in Southport that the classes are at 6.30 or 7.15. I'd never get there during the day.

I'll report back after I've been :-)

tiredteddy Sat 05-Jan-13 11:43:51

I just put all the baby things in the drawers. And double checked the hospital bag. Only 2 weeks to go now grin

MrsBri Sat 05-Jan-13 11:53:33

Wow, tired, 2 weeks, that's quite bonkers really. Seems odd that I had just joined when you got your BFP. Feels like forever ago! But also like yesterday. Time is weird.

But how exciting :-)

tiredteddy Sat 05-Jan-13 12:54:07

I know mrsbri ! Time is flying now. We are having a productive morning of nesting, curtains finally going up in the boys playroom and back up in the lounge downstairs. My next mission is to make up "hospital" type bags for the boys so my folks/ friends can find anything they might need. I'm going to put a change of clothes, school uniform and pjs, also the spare special teddies and blankets they each have and leave the booster seats out in case they end up going anywhere like back to my mums in the car. NESTING!!!

MrsBri Sat 05-Jan-13 13:02:00

I can't wait to do a bit of nesting :-) Fx we get the bungalow we've applied for and I can start getting properly ready. Though not for a while yet...need April's pay which includes bonus, then I'll just go on a rampage! Assuming we get bonus, that is :-/

tiredteddy Sat 05-Jan-13 13:30:31

Well my fingers are crossed for you! smile

Dysgu Sat 05-Jan-13 13:56:23

Yes wing teaching is generally not the easiest job to get time off from - although my current school is very AWARE of its duty of care so I imagine if I tell them something needs to happen, then my head will okay it. I have only managed to find one aquanatal class that runs on the island anyway. It is across the county but it on a Wednesday and would probably be the best time of the whole week for my class to be reasonably easily covered, although it would eat into my PPA time, which I would not mind but would need to check if that causes problems legally!

My weekend plans involve lots of rest - since starting the medication (TMI yes, DP has to put it in as I can't reach to push it to the top hmm ) I have become exceedingly 'soggy' and did have some idea that I was leaking. Anyway, I had to wear a pad and the leaking stopped within a couple of hours so everything seems to be fine. The baby has seemed less active which is exactly what happened with DD1 when she decided to arrive early. I am seeing the MW again on Monday - although will call the hospital if anything happens over the weekend, obviously - but it has all been a bit scary as I am only 24 weeks so far.

Anyway, this has all prompted me to start thinking about getting my stuff ready for when it does happen so we bought the first items of baby clothes yesterday: white vests and white babygros. Yes, that is it but I also bought maternity pads, big knickers and breast pads so have made a start!

I have also decided to start my ML earlier than originally planned - even though the whole think is academic as I have never MADE it to maternity leave before the baby arrives and starts it automatically. I am now going to finish a week after our half term holiday so my last day at work should be 1st March. I was 'planning on staying until the end of term which is the end of March but we have decided I will just do 7 more weeks of teaching and then stop.

I will be 32+2 then and hope that the baby has not already put in an appearance. It does seem a bit like tempting fate but then, I know that this baby will just appear when it feels like it.

It does seem strange though as 7 weeks (8 including the half term holiday) is hardly any time at all!

tiredteddy Sat 05-Jan-13 14:08:36

dysgu that all sounds like a really good plan about starting mat leave earlier. Hope you make it until then. It sounds like they are monitoring you well. Well done also for starting to get ready and prepared. You've also reminded me that the last thing I need to get is BIG knickers. blush

MrsBri Sat 05-Jan-13 14:28:16

That does sound like a very good plan, dysgu. Sounds like you're very organised.

Ah yes, big pants. Must remember those. Cheap and throw away is my plan. How long do I need to wear them for?!

Booked myself a mw appt as my feet are so swollen it feels funny to walk! Had +protein in my urine at hospital appt to.

Been birthday shopping for my DS as he is one in a few weeks! It was 12 days from today last year that i was waiting to get induced!

tiredteddy Sun 06-Jan-13 09:47:22

Hope you get some help from the midwife Something. Shopping for you DS birthday, how lovely. Will you be having a little party?

Were goimg to See DPs parents in the morning soft play with some baby friends in the afternoon then to see my parents for cake in the evening!

tiredteddy Sun 06-Jan-13 19:00:04

That sounds like the perfect first birthday something seeing all his special people without getting overwhelmed. Clever you! smile

Hello everyone, haven't been around for ages as Christmas was busy then we went on holiday. I'm 11 weeks today going by my dates, and still waiting for a scan date to come through, but have had my booking in appt, and have another through for 13 February. Nausea is horrid, and I am still fainting daily. Bleurgh. I have come back from holiday with bruises, not from our adventures in the glens and mountains but from passing out in carparks. Well, one faint was in the beautiful glen nevis.

Back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off, and not really looking forward to it, especially as I will have to cover up the symptoms as much as possible. I think early nights and the odd lunchtime nap might be needed.

Kittenkatzen Mon 07-Jan-13 07:48:42

Gah, you disappeared from TIO, marking my place again.

waves hope you have a good first day back at work

<relurks>

This thread is not accepting new messages.