Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - if you thought we were chatty before, check is out now ML has kicked in....!

(996 Posts)
HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:12:53

How many babies are we going to get on this thread?

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 08:40:46

Congratulations stacey. Fab name too.

emilyeggs Sun 09-Dec-12 08:45:35

Congratulations to all new mums and baby's, sorry it's not more personal but haven't been on hear for a day or two and I'm on my phone. I see we have lots of lovely new puds!

On another note, DH and I can see my bump go up and down with mini eggs practice breathing!! Wouldn't have known what it was but for the nurse pointing it out at the scan the other day! Sooo amazing grin

Hope all are well and rested. I'll have a proper read back In a mo to see what you all have been up to wink

ivanapoo Sun 09-Dec-12 09:10:22

I can't keep up with you all but congrats to all who've now met their little ones, I'm very pleased for you all and only a tiny bit jealous ;) seems to be coming thick and fast now.

You all have fab taste in names too, a few on my (quite long) short list have appeared already!

Does anyone know if going out, going to parties, doing lots etc at almost 40 weeks is a good or bad idea?! I'm worried it might delay going into labour as not serenely chilling out in a quiet dark room, but I'll go slightly insane if I don't keep busy...

I thought ivanababy was going to make an appearance yesterday. Had backache and period pain style cramps all day and eve, and it felt like the baby was really, really low. About 20 mins after I got into bed it all stopped though.

Baby seems to be alternating quiet and super active days too - anyone else had this?

Hormonalhell Sun 09-Dec-12 09:15:09

Awwww congratulations Stacey on the birth of baby ethan flowers sounds like an amazing if painful birth smile

grin Queen at texting, very true. Do u have teens????

ellliebelle Sun 09-Dec-12 09:15:45

stacey congratulations smile and great birth story you too cod smile

Hormonalhell Sun 09-Dec-12 09:19:45

Ivanapo i think being active is a good thing, brings labour on!!! Keep going girll, wish i had the energy for parties [lenvy]

i have been cramping all night with tightenings and pressure but stopped now angry, think i be in Guinness book of records for longest slow labour!!

brooke89 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:08:32

Baby Isla was born this morning at 5:43 weighing 6lbs 12. She is absolutely perfect still in shock will update all later envy

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 10:10:15

Congratulations brooke gorgeous name

Congratulations brooke beautiful name

Yay congratulations to all the new mummies envy

itsMYNutella Sun 09-Dec-12 10:16:40

Congratulations Stacey and Brooke!!!
Thanks for sharing your story Stacey.
Hope you all enjoy a relaxed day of snuggling. X

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 10:19:25

Congratulations stacey! fab story!

Marginally envy of induction avoidance but after some wobbles yesterday I think I'm back on track!

Well done cod! Fab story

Ivana keep going I say especially if you feel ok to do so - wish I'd been swimming more this week - went yesterday, (now 12 days over due) did a good half hour, don't know what I expected to happen but nothing happened!

Those signs sound pretty full on tho queen how exciting! Have to say I've had fewer signs in the last 5 days than the 3 weeks before that. On Monday I coughed and had a gush (to fill a pad) but ended up deciding it was wee and discharge blush

So hi ho, hi ho, it's off to induction I go tomorrow....

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 10:20:21

Congratulations Brooke!!!!

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 10:20:52

Shit I'm 13 days over today.

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Sun 09-Dec-12 10:34:40

Congratulations Stacey and Brooke, and welcome Ethan and Isla thanks.

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 10:36:17

Just focus on the fact you'll definitely be snuggling you baby tomorrow clarella

MyDaydream Sun 09-Dec-12 10:39:32

stacey and brooke congratulations.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 09-Dec-12 10:40:01

Congratulations Brooke thanks

Stacks Sun 09-Dec-12 10:48:15

Congratulations to all the new mummies! Some good birth stories in there too, thank you.

We only have a few messages left on this thread.. Someone nit on a phone could make a new one and link?

Clarella Sun 09-Dec-12 10:59:07

Had the phone call - 9 am tomorrow, the midwives were so lovely again smile makes it so much better.

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Sun 09-Dec-12 11:05:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now