Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - if you thought we were chatty before, check is out now ML has kicked in....!

(996 Posts)
HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:12:53

How many babies are we going to get on this thread?

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 13:35:24

stacey not GD just big!
Ha ha! pmg the shock on their faces if I threw dinner in the bin would be priceless!

Another baby!, this is a lucky thread.... Well done bella bear

pmgkt Sat 01-Dec-12 13:40:51

We warn her when she gets given her food and about 5 times after that so she knows its coming. It usually starts tears and grumpy faces, but if you are going to say that's what you will do, then you have to see it through. I think its only gone in the bin twice and dessert got missed once. But at 9 she should know better.

Clarella Sat 01-Dec-12 13:45:30

Wow another! Congratulations Bella! Lovely name and another girl!

So we're looking out for stabby pains then?!

Nada here but we've decided to enjoy the peaceful carpeted, warm, builder and puke free weekend and I was allowed an early asda pot xmas tree as long as it was kept minimilistic hmm and gonna whack a chicken in the oven now then make stock n soup etc tomorrow (slight ulterior motive that best laid plans bring a baby on but also a semi child free xmas wknd grin )

ISpyPlumPie Sat 01-Dec-12 13:50:52

Congratulations Bella thanks. Seems like today is a popular birthday!

Still slightly in shock but in a really good way. After the curry, we ended up leaving out the romance as I fancied a long soak in the bath instead. I wasn't in pain at this point though. I went to bed but started getting some tightenings which were getting quite painful and more frequent. By 1 am, I just couldn't sleep so decided to get up for a bit and sat on the ball watching random music channels for about half an hour. The tightenings got more intense so got DH out of bed too. We started timing them and realised they were coming every two minutes. DH said we should ring the ward, but I kept saying leave it until I'd had one more. Eventually, he insisted as I was making the same noises as when DS was born. Even after I'd called, I was still convinced I wasn't getting the mws out of bed for nothing.

The mws arrived and said they would just observe things for a bit. After a few more contractions, she examined me and I was 4/5cm with bulging membranes. I used the TENS until the pool was ready (had a complete kerfuffle with the hose but sorted it in the end). When I got in, things seemed to slow down a little bit - still having quite bad contractions but they weren't lasting that long. Just chatted to the mws in between about work and stuff, was all really relaxed. They monitored Nathaniel every 15 minutes, but it didn't seem obtrusive and they kept saying he was very happy.

Got out to use the loo and had a show. After that, I got back in the pool and the contractions started becoming more frequent and intense. I started shouting a bit and got a really strong sense of pressure down below. I grabbed onto DH and heard the mw say something about membranes.The next thing I knew there was a burning sensastion with a really strong urge to push and his head was out! I then had to make sure that I kept my bottom under the water and in the next push he came out completely. I lifted him up and he looked at me straight away. He also reached out for me.

We got out of the pool and he latched on really quickly. The placenta came out without the injection too and I didn't need any stitches. Think the total length of recorded labour was three hours twenty minutes.

DS slept through the whole thing, and came down about an hour later to meet his little brother. DM had been upstairs with him just in case, so Nathaniel got to meet grandma too.

Now we're just having a lovely chilled-out Saturday but with a wonderful new eddition.

Sorry for extremely long rambling post, but just wanted to write everything down when it is still fresh in my mind.

utopian99 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:55:05

Wow congratulations to all the new babies! (and their families..)

Just been down to farm shop for goodies and a very stiff walk, which resulted in internal abuse in protest from the crumb.

Clarella would love to see your minimalist tree! we're waiting till next weekend - dd is Dec 15th - but house rules are baubles and beads only, (absolutely NO tinsel), red, white and black. How much of a cliche can you get?? hmm

annelid Sat 01-Dec-12 13:57:09

Congratulations Bella!!

Sounds like you had a great labour & birth Ispy, well done!!

Congratulations Bella!

ISpy that's a lovely birth story smile

Congratulations thanks to weejo, ispy, bella, anyone else today??? quite an extraordinary rush to the exit for the 1st day of our month, let's hope they keep coming thick and fast.
ispy thank you for the birth story - it gives us all hope that it can be that smooth!

giraffe213 Sat 01-Dec-12 14:28:08

Congratulations Bella! thanks

ellliebelle Sat 01-Dec-12 14:39:41

Congratulations bella,ispy and weejo 3 babies already on this thread cant believe it smile ispy your labour soumds just like i want mine to be complete with the dd's being able to meet new sibling asap smile

ISpyPlumPie Sat 01-Dec-12 14:54:57

Should be wonderful new addition - d'oh! Thanks everyone for all the lovely messages.

brooke89 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:22:42

Aww ispy that made me cry envysmile very emotional today with start shopping pains in my Gandhi hurry up bean!

brooke89 Sat 01-Dec-12 15:23:12

Hahahahahahaha in my fanjo not my ghandi my phone loves autocorrect!

itsMYNutella Sat 01-Dec-12 15:46:30

Ispy fantastic birth story, sounds like things went relatively smoothly. Great that your home birth all turned out ok in the end with your mum staying.

brooke that is a fantastic auto correct! grin

WillYuleDoTheFandango Sat 01-Dec-12 16:09:03

Yay, another bambino! Congratulations Bella, wow 9cm that's good going!

Clarella Sat 01-Dec-12 16:10:14

Fabulous story ispy!

Lol brooke!

That is strict utop, good job they don't make bahaus utility matt grey decorations! Ours is of the lazy-minimalist school - warm lights and a star if I can be arsed to make one grin!

itsMYNutella Sat 01-Dec-12 16:12:07

Oh, forgot to say before, congratulations bella! Three babies in one day! Hope you're having a lovely relaxing time together.

Mummycox Sat 01-Dec-12 16:28:02

ispy lovely birth story, thank you for sharing.

olliebob Sat 01-Dec-12 16:42:06

Congrats ~ispy weejo & bella. wot a lot of babies in one day. No news from me although not due until next sat and as both my others were 12 days overdue i am, not holding my breathe. Must admit tho i am now getting very uncormfortable and my back is in agony a lot. Hope everyone else is ok as well.

kate2boysandabump Sat 01-Dec-12 16:56:11

Congratulations Bella What a beautiful name. Are the girls going to start catching up to the boys now?

Great news Spotty Hope he continues to improve.

I know this is my third baby and I should know, but what colour should a show be? I've been losing plug all day and it varies from brown to pink tinged. I've never had one before labour before, so don't really know what to expect.

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 16:58:01

gringrin brook that did make me laugh!

MyDaydream Sat 01-Dec-12 17:14:43

Congratulations to weejo, ispy and Bella. Looks like we're going to have a very busy thread this time.
I had a huge lunch/early dinner now I'm in lots of pain. Spent a long time trying to get the car seat in the car so hoping we get a few more attempts at fitting it before I go into labour. Don't have my own car so just need to invite as many people as possible over!

Clarella Sat 01-Dec-12 17:26:32

We have only just sorted out how car seat goes in last 2 hours myday! Good job he's late eh?!

cashmere Sat 01-Dec-12 17:33:25

Congrats I Spy, Weejo and Bella.
3 in one day!

My boiler was fixed yesterday.....and has just stopped working again. Hospital bag now carefully packed just in case (prev was cobbled together). Oh well at least Take me Out is on later!!

EggsMichelle Sat 01-Dec-12 17:40:08

Congratulations Bella - good things coming in threes!

Thanks Ispy for you entry, a wonderful read, sounds like the perfect birth

I still have no idea how our car seat base fits the car, but whilst the back seat is still covered in suitcases from our time away last week, I won't be getting the car seat anywhere near the car!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now