Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - if you thought we were chatty before, check is out now ML has kicked in....!

(996 Posts)
HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:12:53

How many babies are we going to get on this thread?

RudolphTheRedNosedGiraffe Thu 06-Dec-12 22:39:47

Oh, that's ok - I won't hold it against you grin

Clarella Thu 06-Dec-12 22:41:09

Quinsy .... I think Quincey is a detective?

clarella as long as you are happy and relaxed with the decision that's all that matters! And now we can be induced on the same day smile

I've been sooooo uncomfy tonight, feel really sick and just has awful (TMI) explosive poo. As the others came at 38+5 maybe this one will too?! Lol right now I'm ball bouncing and trying to work out what needs sorting before I go in!

olliebob Fri 07-Dec-12 00:18:53

congrats eggnog and walnut on your little bundles. oh well went to bed at 10.30 managed and hour sleep and now wide awake again was like this last night really hope i will geet back off soon.
Clarella i think that you should be happy with your decision because you have to feel comfortable and not stressed (too much) when induced. and just so ou know i was induced with ds and went in to be induced with dd, both due to being overdue, although turned out i had started cntraction with dd so in end did not need aan induction.
I am sure that this one will also result in an induction, been getting a few tightenings but just cannot see me having the baby before given an induction, i am due on saturday.
Hope everyone else is ok and am envy of all who have got their los to cuddle smile

Bellaboo123 Fri 07-Dec-12 01:35:03

Congrats walnut

Not long now strawb

yuletopian99 Fri 07-Dec-12 01:45:27

Had rather lovely 'grownup' time with dh blush, and now irrationally worried I've kicked things off as need to finish last curtain poles/fire alarms tomorrow and be around Sunday for this aforementioned potential tenant. Argh.
How would i know the difference between waters going (slowly) and sperm? (really REALLY sorry for tmi at this time of night!!)

Someone tell me i'm being a fool/to shut up please..

WillYuleDoTheFandango Fri 07-Dec-12 01:47:13

Extra disgusting but could you sniff it? Obviously sperm has its own bleachy smell and waters are supposed to smell sweet. First dc do Jo idea what this means!

yuletopian99 Fri 07-Dec-12 02:16:58

Nice! although did try this already blush doesn't smell obviously of anything much, so no conclusive proof..

Tried to catch up, but still have brain of mush and so much has happened with everyone today! Congratulations Flumpy and Walnut, our babies share a birthday! Good luck Strawb, hope things are progressing for you.

Clarella glad you have made a decision that's best for you, you never know you could naturally give birth over the weekend!!!!

Emily good luck with the senior midwife, I have come across enough consultants with a god complex in my time, they will change the rules just so they get their own way.

Since I am awake at this inhuman hour, I figured now would be a good time to put my story up whilst it was still freshish in my mind. I hadn't had any prior warnings that my body was peeping for labour, DH and I had made plans for today and joked that I would never be ready on due date.

So woke up at 4.30am needing to pee, whilst on the toilet I had what I assumed was a wee traction and get back into bed. Proceeded to have mild contractions every 5mins until 5.45, when they started to strengthen so woke DH. After getting in the shower, they were timing at 1min ever 3mins (and DH had started to flap and burnt my toast!) so off we went to hospital.

Was examined at 8am, judged to be 3cm but cervix was paper thin and at the correct angle, and since that was apparently fast progress for a first timer, they let me stay. Had a stretch and sweep and got in the bath. Pains were progressing fast, so given G&A (best drug ever!!!) then transferred to the pool. Lost all concept of time from this point on, lots of loving the G&A and apparently quite hostile when it was suggested I put it down! Managed to push Felix out in about 4 or 5 contractions, have a small internal tear which I have stitched and was sent home at 3pm! All in all a bloody brilliant birth, very chuffed with myself and still running off the adrenaline now.

Only had 1hrs sleep but don't feel too crap. Felix is currently sleeping on my chest as he screams every time I put him down, bf is a little hit and miss but it takes practice, and something no one warned me was the bloody sicks, apparently it is just stuff he has swallowed during labour!

One epic post completed!!!

Iv ran out of adrenalin now sad I need to sleep but he still won't let me put him down. DH has got the virus iv had for the last week, so have to wait for him to get a good sleep before I can sleep. Is this how everyone else's first night went?

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 04:31:47

Oh eggnogg what a story! Congratulations again!
Aw Felix wants his mummys smell and heart beat sound smile

Interesting to hear no other build up - everything has stopped for me since Monday. Only slight change is mw thought cervix a little thinner yesterday morning at the sweep. It might happen but in my head it's induction on Monday here!

2blessed Fri 07-Dec-12 04:57:43

Great story eggnog and a really fast birth... Hope you can put Felix down soon.

Honeycantthinkofanxmasnickname Fri 07-Dec-12 05:08:05

Great story eggnog. smile hope felix lets you put him down soon!

I have tried to put him down 4 times, every time he screams until I settle him on my chest again, so have given up and am listening to Radio 4 pod cast and enjoying his cuddles. Will be waking DH at 6am and letting him take over for a couple of hours.

Clarells I was suprised I had no prior warning, I assume I slept through the very early stage, but other than a very strong BH whilst shopping last Friday, I hadn't really had anything all week.

Bellaboo123 Fri 07-Dec-12 05:29:32

egg great story I was running on adrenaline too crazy isn't it!

Try the tip someone else suggested...lay something, eg muslin, smelling of you in the Moses or try swaddling as it'll be more comforting. Night 3 was like that for me awake from 10-4! Good luck with some sleep x

MyDaydream Fri 07-Dec-12 07:08:32

Thanks for the sore throat remedies. clarella don't think it's an infection, DP had a cold earlier in the week that started with a sore throat so I think I'm just coming down with that.
Had a cry last night because I did SIX wees in a row, every time I finished one I needed another as soon as I got into bed. I felt so miserable that I'm up and down all night getting broken sleep while DP is blissfully unaware about it all.

QueenoftheHolly Fri 07-Dec-12 07:29:19

Another lovely birth story eggnog many congrats to u & to walnut and of course to all who have had their PLOs in the 20 odd pages I've been trying to catch up with since my last post.

Must not leave it so long before posting but it's super chatty on here grin

All my friends with newborns have said to make the most of last few weeks so: Things I'm enjoying about being 40+3...

The look of horrified terror on people's faces when they ask when I'm due & I say 'last Tuesday'. Like the baby might fall on floor mid conversation wink

Telling waitrise to swap my trolley, load my car etc etc basically being a diva in return for them taking my hard-earned maternity pay!!

The fact that discomfort is still less painful than actual labour (I guess?)

The fact that a baby in a tummy is more convenient for doing stuff than one out of tummy.

That my DC may end up with 12.12.12 birthday FX!

That its a total excuse for pedicure and manicure & facial if still waiting next week

That, despite waking up for wees & turnovers, I'm sure I'm getting more sleep than i will in a few weeks (days? Hours?!)

That I have time to wallow literally like an upside down hippo in bath, dry my hair, take a dsytime snooze when I like, and know that that will all go on hold soon!

Putting up Christmas decs to make house look nice for my return from hospital.

I can also think of quite a few negatives too hmm not least I thought clarella & I would be in the first wave if births & envy of all those past the post already!!!
Not that it's a race [discrete cough].

Bellaboo123 Fri 07-Dec-12 07:43:20

Great post queen very true...as I lay here bleary eyed with newborn on my chest nodding at each point...albeit the most precious gift ever!

acjfluff Fri 07-Dec-12 07:53:42

Congratulations to all the new mums!

My boy arrived yesterday, safe and well after a pretty horrible induction.

He's so beautiful I haven't stopped looking at him for long. I can't get over how amazing this all is!!

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 08:05:50

Congratulations acj! Do you have a name yet?

Ha queen yes that's been pretty much my list since last week 'the looks' are quite amusing and I'm contemplating instigating the looks at aquanatal this morn! Though the thought of a show floating on by to cotton eye Joe.... sorry tmi!!!!!

Dh is a little deflated but I still can't believe how much calmer I feel and he's also actually much happier. Lo is wiggling away. I'm banned from a lifetime of moaning about baby's birthday being close to Christmas. Lo is going to buy daddy some golf lessons for xmas.

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 08:06:21

How are you doing strawberry?

Congratulations acj

Well today I am making the most of not having baby yet. Lunch with a friend and some shopping. Kids at clubs until 4.30!

Hormonalhell Fri 07-Dec-12 08:34:02

Congratulations ACJ smile

Slept the whole night last night woop woop! So am going to venture out and do some Xmas shopping!!

Hope everyone ok. queen yes very true analysis grin

QueenoftheHolly Fri 07-Dec-12 08:41:08

Stacey, nice plan! I'm going to potter waddle round shops too I think!

How lovely ACJ!! You sound so in love, it must be a wonderful feeling thanks

clarella you've inspired me to go swimming this a.m grin - not the cotton eye joe show bit!!! just the thought of how nice it is being weightless.

Fwiw, I think I'll be putting off an induction if I can as I've heard it makes things more painful which I don't see the point in. Obviously I will go ahead if needed for medi reasons.

I'll just let midwife have a good poke around next Tuesday.

bella thinking of you & the other sleep deprived mummies. Good job we get a baby out of it all!!!!

RudolphTheRedNosedGiraffe Fri 07-Dec-12 08:43:24

Congratulations acj!

I've just been on a quick visit to Dr Google about leaking fluids after noticing something a couple of times yesterday and this morning (if you limit it to 'pages from the UK' it's not quite so scary). So the consensus seems to be that baby is making me wee myself a tiny bit! Lovely. Apparently if amniotic fluid is leaking it'll keep coming, or will come every time you move etc (though if you're worried definitely get checked out as they can test it really easily, but for myself I'm not worried any more because the amounts were so minute).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now