Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - if you thought we were chatty before, check is out now ML has kicked in....!

(996 Posts)
HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:12:53

How many babies are we going to get on this thread?

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 10:48:36

Yay spotty <dose a little dance>

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 10:54:12

Does oops !

Congratulations weejo and Ispy envy

spotty that's great news. Fx he keeps improving.

emily my kids have to be reminded about 20 times during a meal to eat with their mouths closed and not talk with food in their mouths. I would never let it slide though, just keep nagging!

Feeling sad today. Just feel like I'm never going to get my baby, although that is obviously ridiculous. Feeling very sorry for myself. My curries did not work. Lots of exercise has not worked. Sorry I shall stop being a self indulgent arse!

MaMaPo Sat 01-Dec-12 10:58:00

Great news, ISpy and weejo! I wonder how Bella is getting on.

Good news too about oxygen Spotty - getting better all the time.

After horrendous insomnia got another 4 hours' sleep! grin

Equimum Sat 01-Dec-12 10:59:08

Congratulations Wejo and iSpy.

Really pleased to hear your good news Spotty. I hope things continue to improve

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 11:03:45

Thanks stacey. I also feel like baby is still so far away. I said to dh this morning "we're gonna have a baby THIS MONTH!" bet it's jan though. When are you due stacey

HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 11:19:05

Yay spotty. So glad felix is doing well smile

I'm due 16th but because of my gestational diabetes they will induce me on the 14th. Which makes my 'never going to have this baby' even more ridiculous as I know by the 15/16th I will be holding my newborn one way or another. It's just that it still feels so far away. With the other dcs I had 2 wks latent labour (contractions going from 30 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart and back again.) then they were both born at 38+5. This time I had 1 day of contractions last Sunday but I think that was more my bodies reaction to the stomach bug. And nothing at all since. Im 38wks tomorrow and soooo fed up.

When are u due emily? I think it was clarella said earlier, this whole due date thing is a bit rubbish because you set your expectations for that date and baby generally mucks up your plans lol.

MaMaPo Sat 01-Dec-12 12:09:46

Stacey, I'm due on the 15th and also keen for baby to arrive slightly early if anything. But after listening to people and doing some research, I think that there's precious little the mother can do to bring on labour. Stories about having sex and curry are a little tenuous and not really backed up by research, and as far as I've seen acupuncture is also hit and miss, and so the upshot is that mothers can be made to feel like failures before bloody childbirth. ("Oh, you walked 5 miles today and nothing happened? You should have walked 6.") So I am trying to keep rested, healthy and active, and trust that things will happen as they happen.

(Would quite like it to happen next week though. grin Not to mention the spicy food thing would do nothing for me anyway as I eat it all the time and never have...er... physical reactions to it, if you see what I mean.)

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sat 01-Dec-12 12:25:09

I figure that if eating curry triggered labour, half of Asia wouldn't have got to term hmm As India (for example) has a long and fascinating history, i assume they're doing something right as a society!

Walnut8 Sat 01-Dec-12 12:31:35

Oh no spotty sad. At least no meningitis and it's surely more likely to be jaundice than a brain bleed or anything more serious. Is there anyone who can help out so that you can get in and see him more frequently once you are home? Have they indicated how much longer he'll need to be in? At least he is in a safe place and getting the care he needs. I'm sure he'll be home with you before you know it.

Great news spotty go little Felix! And laughs at teeny tiny goggles, so cute! .

I know it's near on impossible but try to tell yourself at LEAST you won't go over due stacey. I wish I had an 'end is in sight promise' of when I would have her by. Keep on being busy? I know they ahout and say relax but with me it's easier to keep busy and not sit and dwell on the fact I'm still the size of a (very comfy) house with no baby to cuddle. It's like it's too cold in there and they can sense it's warmer in there !

Oh and emily, agree with no manners. I, personally, cannot stnd it. Persevere- my DD (3) will tell me off if I say something with my mouth full! shock I guess nagging does work!

Saphiesgirl Sat 01-Dec-12 12:37:25

Congratulations weejo and Ispy- great news, and congratulations to others who've had their babies. Seconds was it you with the fast labour? Sorry am on phone, but I hope whoever it was is doing ok, as challenging as a long labour is, people often underestimate how difficult a fast one is- both physical and mental shock for you both. I hope you're recovering well and settling down to lovely cuddles! Spotty- great news for you too, I'm glad things on the up.

Hope everyone is doing ok, I officially have 3 weeks to go till due date and already fed up- cant imagine making 39 weeks (ds born at 38+2!) so I hope this one is prompt!

Walnut8 Sat 01-Dec-12 12:38:53

Whoops, sorry post was a bit delayed - refresh didn't work then reposted an old draft of a message confused Anyway spotty glad to hear he's doing so well now!

And congrats on the new babies ispy and weejo! Wow is that our first girl then? Any news from bella?

mamapo I'm with you on the curry thing - has never made me more erm.. frequent. If anything just more gassy! blush After waiting more than 2 weeks over due date to have DD and trying absolutely everything I am firmly of the opinion that babies come when they want.

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 12:42:49

stacey I'm due 28th, I have a growth scan on the 6 so maybe I'll be told I won't be able to go passed due date. My belly looks like I've swallowed an octopus alive as its squirming and moving all over the place! (maybe baby is too big already!) hmm

Re nagging I will persevere but only have them every two weeks

EggsMichelle Sat 01-Dec-12 12:44:12

Congratulations Weejo and Ispy, got the month started with a bang! Spotty Felix just keeps going from strength to strength, he is a determined little man!

I consider my due date to be between 6th-20th, I don't expect to be early but that would be a nice bonus, and at the same time I won't be disappointed when I'm overdue!

DH just made me home made soup, yummy!

giraffe213 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:00:32

Congratulations weejo and Ispy, thanks smile and a little bit envy!

I'm feeling really over-emotional today, is that a sign of anything starting? Please? grin

FriendofDorothy Sat 01-Dec-12 13:01:54

Checking in. I want my baby to come NOW!

Bellaboo123 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:03:24

Aurelia was born at 10.36 this morning and weighs 5lb 14oz.

Got to hospital and was 9cm dilated!

Au natural but with a small cut to ease her out.

Will fill u later on the details

Still she'll shocked!

Congratulations bella welcome to the world Aurelia

Just thrown up my lunch, that will help my blood sugars hmm

emily I know it must be hard, but just keep trying. I have the opposite problem, when dcs come back from XH they have shocking manors for 2-3 days until I can beat it into them nag them that they have to be polite. Is your growth scan for gd?

brooke89 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:14:49

Wow bella 9 cm! Looking forward to hearing the story! Congratulations and such a beautiful name envythanks

pmgkt Sat 01-Dec-12 13:24:46

Emily my SD does this too, cos she is allowed to at home. She has a couple of warnings then tea goes in the bin. Harsh maybe but its so annoying, and if its something she really likes she manages not to do it.

pmgkt Sat 01-Dec-12 13:32:19

Congrats to all the births. And those who are feeling like its never going to end, our time will come. Let's hope that some people remember to come and check the antenatel thread too.

HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:32:52

Congratulations bella. Gorgeous name

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now