Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 part 2

(995 Posts)
ArkadyRose Fri 30-Nov-12 16:35:05

And on we go! smile

esme80 Sun 09-Dec-12 20:07:25

photographer my bp was really low my last pragnancy, remember being told this was very common but dont remember the reason! Nothing to worry about I dont think...

dinkystinky Sun 09-Dec-12 20:12:19

Cantreachmytoes - I stacked on weight quickly with my pregnancy with DS2 at the start (but weirdly gained half stone less than pregnancy with DS1). Midwife told me your body is primed to do all the changes so it just goes ahead and lays down fat stores, etc for subsequent pregnancies. This pregnancy seems to be going the same way despite not really changing eating (though have cut back abit on the exercise).

Photographerlady - enjoy your holiday from Wednesday onwards! If you're still feeling nausea perhaps try non-milk based food and the little and often approach.

Welcome and congrats Lizincornwall - sounds like you have a super exciting and hectic year ahead!

Cutandstick Sun 09-Dec-12 20:23:16

wifey I lost all my symptoms last week, bloated belly, boobs shrank and had spotting - baby was absolutely fine, just our bodies changing. Scary as though. Mind you I've been super bloated the last 2 nights and my big jeans don't do up past 3pm.... Can't wait for 12 week scan and being able to tell people!
11+ 1

wifey6 Sun 09-Dec-12 20:26:54

Thank you cut...I'm worried I sound like such a daft mare..but I can't help it. No-one in RL knows so MN is my hide-out.
Glad all is good with you smile

cantreachmytoes Sun 09-Dec-12 20:51:34

Thanks dinky, good to hear. Here's hoping the same happens with me this time round!

Cheeseandbread Sun 09-Dec-12 22:23:37

flying good to know we are appointment twins.

I've turned into one of those women who have to hold their boobs when running down the stairs in PJs and not wearing a bra- being an A cup this has never been an issue for me before... Quite a strange experience.

7+6

BooStar Sun 09-Dec-12 23:23:22

Thanks beaditsback I had a quick look and it was quite weird seeing some familiar names - it all came flooding back. I dropped off as soon as DS was born - he was on a 2 hourly feeding cycle for quite a few weeks after he was born & I was also really anaemic after quite a big post-paying bleed so I had no energy to do much other than feed and sleep! Once I was back in the land of the living I figured the thread would have dropped off and I didn't think to look! How great that you've all stayed in touch over the last couple of years!! And twins with a 1yr old?! 3 under 3?! Wowsers! shock

Hello Bessie grin - can't believe you managed to squeeze one in between! Good on you!!

wifey my symptoms are coming and going too - and same as you after MMC in April, I can't help thinking the worst. It's so weird, with first pregnancy I just couldn't wait to feel well again but this time I just keep wishing to feel like crap!!

Ooh & welcome newcomers!
7+4

Bessie123 Mon 10-Dec-12 07:38:51

boostar nooooo, I did not squeeze one out in between <shudders> dc2 was born in 2010. God, I would definitely not cope with 3 so close in age.

Another one feeling yucky here. Hopefully the nausea is almost over now we're progressing through the first trimester.

Beaditsback Mon 10-Dec-12 08:06:21

boostar we had a northern and a southern meet up when the babies were still under 1. I think it helped people connect with each other and so the threads continued. sassy also has another daughter of about 11 I think so she definitely has her hands full.
I am hoping this is just one for me as I am a twin and so is my Dad, there are also lots of other sets of us in more distant family but all under 50 so except Dad and his brother. Time will tell......

MightBeMad Mon 10-Dec-12 08:50:21

Morning all. I have been feeling really grotty the last few days but thankfully a little better today. It seems to directly correlate to how well I have slept the night before. Manic morning here, car (which was only serviced 2 wks ago) refused to start this morning and I couldn't get my work trousers done up so had to iron another 'fatter' pair before I could leave the house blush Hope the week gets better! Booking appointment on Thursday eeek!

7+6

OhGood Mon 10-Dec-12 09:29:37

mightbemad had to grin at your work trousers not doing up (I am in leggings and loose tunic tops so equally blush here

ArkadyRose Mon 10-Dec-12 09:40:00

MightBeMad I definitely feel much worse in the morning if I've slept badly the night before. If DD3 (5) plays up in the night, usually I'll feel so grotty in the morning that I have to get my OH to take her to school the next morning so I can sleep it off.

The worst of the nausea seems to wear off by late afternoon, so I'm getting by on cups of tea and having my main meal in the evening. Still haven't actually puked, but in a way it would be easier to put up with if I did - I usually feel much better after I've finally thrown up! The ms is nothing like it was with the first three; with them I was fine until the evening but threw up if I ate much after 7pm. This time I just feel grotty and queasy right through the day right from the moment I get up. I've got 5 gallons of mead that needs to be bottled today and I'm really not looking forward to it.

7+5

Thinkingof4 Mon 10-Dec-12 09:46:45

photographer my BP is always really low in pg, it was 90/50 at booking! It will probably get lower, my personal record is 88/46 which low.
only problem it causes is dizziness if I get up to quickly and also if I'm getting blood taken so I always have to lie down.

Bessie were you on a TTC with thyroid problems thread a while back? Your name seems familiar. I think I was mummysleepy back then (little did I know how tired I would get...)

Mixed up my dates at the weekend, am actually 10+4. creeping towards the 2nd trimester

BB01 Mon 10-Dec-12 10:37:35

So sorry for those who have had bad news.

Am feeling similar to many others on here with symptoms coming and going. Just as I was getting worried about the 'disappearance' of my morning sickness, it came back with a vengeance at the weekend! Just counting down the days til the scan now as really still don't believe it's real.

Although it feels like everything's fine, keep thinking of the poss of MMC and really hope I will relax more once that hurdle is passed, if all goes ok.

Are people generally going to tell people who don't already know as soon as they have the 12-week scan? Or wait another couple of weeks? And would it be bad if people at work found out via Facebook if I do an announcement over xmas??

Bessie123 Mon 10-Dec-12 10:51:00

thinkingof4 I don't have thyroid problems but your name is familiar too.

10+5

dinkystinky Mon 10-Dec-12 11:08:09

BB01 - if I were you I'd tell my boss at work - and any close friends at work - before you announce your pregnancy on FB to avoid any hurt feelings/unpleasantness.

I'm probably going to let slip shortly after my scan this week - I look pretty plump now and its going to hard to keep it under my jumper for too much longer.

Grannyapple Mon 10-Dec-12 11:22:28

BB01 I'm not 12 wks til 1st wk in jan..but I'm toying with the idea of telling work maybe just before Xmas...& by work I meant line manager really.. But I've got an early scan booked for Saturday so will know for sure then.

Some really close friends know already & immediate family (MIL & my sis) but that's it...might tell the rest on Xmas day....or wait til jan... But I'm defo telling work 1st... After test if family know then I might do an fb announcement as the important people will know by then already...

Nausea coming & going here, but soo tired as DS still isn't sleeping they the night at the mo....he's been really good since 5 months so this is a bit of a shock the past 2 wks....felt really sick on Saturday night when I was up with him, due to tiredness I think! Has made me think I'm mad to go thru all this again tho...hmm

BooStar Mon 10-Dec-12 12:17:35

Arrrgh! Another day of no symptoms and they've cancelled my appt tonight because the sonographer's ill! They can't fit me in until Saturday and im not sure i can wait that long. Burst into tears as soon as i put the phone down & now feeling really low and can't stop thinking the worst.

paolocee Mon 10-Dec-12 12:25:15

Arkady Rose FIVE gallons of mead?! Who are you having round for Christmas lunch - Henry VIII?

Thinkingof4 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:39:33

Aw boostar that's a shame! Very frustrating but at least the bean will be a few days bigger by Saturday, and more like a baby than a blob x

ArkadyRose Mon 10-Dec-12 13:14:10

paolocee Oh, I generally have several gallons on the brew at any one time. We don't buy wine or beer any more - instead I brew mead, and it saves us a fortune on alcohol - not to mention makes excellent gifts! Most of this will be laid down for a couple of months, though the Yule spiced tea honey wine will be ready for the Solstice, and the chocolate mead is destined for the freezer to make chocolate mead liqueur, some of which will end up in chocolates. Annoyingly I won't get to drink any for months, though I may allow myself a little tipple on my birthday just after Christmas.

Persuasion Mon 10-Dec-12 13:55:14

My sickness dropped off around 9 weeks, but has come back again and is getting worse. All day nausea and retching is exhausting. I had leave most of last week and mostly slept, I don't know how I'm going to manage a full week of work this week!

My boobs are definitely less sore although I still have sensitive nipples that's also reduced a bit.

We've told close family and my boss (because I needed a risk assessment for work), and DH has told his boss in order to get christmas eve off to come with me for my scan. We're going to tell friends and others as we see them once we have the scan, but I'm not facebook announcing until after the 20 week scan [totally paranoid emoticon]

arkady I also want to know what you're doing with so much mead!?

Persuasion Mon 10-Dec-12 13:55:53

Oh, I meant to put on the bottom:

11+0

Persuasion Mon 10-Dec-12 13:58:14

Arghhhh, and cross posted! That makes sense, and sounds delicious arkady

Is anyone else becoming generally useless, it's my most prominent symptom!

notprincesskate Mon 10-Dec-12 14:04:29

Just adding myself for 05/07, hopefully right. Think I might have been semi-outed at the weekend after attending a party sober, and refusing shots at the bar point blank, not like me, one friend defo guessed and in her drunk state told her DP, who then in front of another friend asked me outright, ever denying it didn't work, besides the fact I'm stacking back on weight I've just lost, it is quite obvious, problem is we haven't told family yet and don't want to until scan in 2 weeks, hope they will keep quiet until then, pretty sure they will, but if not I'm going to have some very miffed people on my hands!
Similar to others I'm losing my nausea and some of my tiredness, thank goodness, the constant eating and getting nothing done was starting to lose its shine with DH.

Hope others are well

10+3

QuinandThem - 1st July
CottonSocks - 1st July
Cutandstick-2nd July
Persuasion 2nd July
Bessie123 - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup- 3rd July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
BB01 - 4th July
Thinkingof4 4th July
OhGood - 5 July
Notprincesskate -DC2- 5 July
Runswithsquirrels - 7th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
TheQueensChristmasDinner - DC5 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th July
wifey6 - 8th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
Emblosion 12th July
Thundercatz 12th July
Twirliedobbit -DC4-12th July
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Princessllama dc 3 -12th July?
mysterymeg - 12th July
Bodice - 13th July
Hai1988-14th July
Tashtastic- 14th July
Littleflower888 - 14th July
Mizar - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
Paolocee - 17th July
photographerlady - 18th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
Chocolateteabag - 18th July
missmaybe - 18th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Niktasha 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 22nd July
Butterflyexperience - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Grannyapple-24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
Boostar - 24th July
ArkadyRose - 24th July
YikesHereWeGo - 25th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Marimama - 27th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now