Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 part 2

(995 Posts)
ArkadyRose Fri 30-Nov-12 16:35:05

And on we go! smile

Beaditsback Sat 08-Dec-12 11:51:46

photo my cousin has just had her dd in Salisbury. Think she loves it there!

MightBeMad Sat 08-Dec-12 12:00:59

Bead I had mine at the Fetal Medicine Centre in London. It was £100 which I think is about par for the course (ESP for the south east). Fmc is an amazing place, private clinic but run by a world renowned consultant who also heads up fetal medicine at a big London hospital. This is his private clinic but all profits go to charity to fund fetal diagnostic research.

Beaditsback Sat 08-Dec-12 12:14:56

Thanks Mightbemad that's actually cheaper than I thought so I will look into it. Nowhere near London.... In chilly Yorkshire so will do some research.
A lot went wrong with ds regarding tests, scans, dates then labour etc so want to make sure I do what I can this time around to make life a bit easier.
No horrible illness or trauma but total neglect so hoping for happier times with this one.

chocolateteabag Sat 08-Dec-12 13:32:50

Rancer so sory to hear your news, hope you are taking care of yourself.

Hi Bead - The Babybond in Middlesborough is around £100 for an early scan. Some people have found cheaper ones around the country though - £50-£60 seems to be the lowest I've seen. I guess it depends on where you are. I would imagine there will be a cheaper one or two places nearer to Leeds or Manchester?

paolocee Sat 08-Dec-12 14:12:21

Cutandstick and Cheeseandbread No, not a total surprise as it was IVF and they returned 2 embies, but still pretty damn surprising. With what we went through this last 12 months ANYTHING good was a shock.

MightBeMad Sat 08-Dec-12 14:15:05

Don't know where in yorks you are but there guys are offering £50 scans in Leeds www.meetyourbaby.com/ These are £99 but in Sheffield www.ultrasound-direct.com/babybond-pregnancy-scans/early-scan/

shelley72 Sat 08-Dec-12 14:23:41

just checking back while i have a minute, sorry for all of those who have had to leave, look after yourselves at this awful time and hope that you have some happier times soon.

not been feeling too great last day or so. cant describe it but i feel 'empty' and have been having short stabbing pains in my left side and shoulder - not enough to make me worry about calling someone but enough to stop me driving yesterday. had scan date through for after xmas, so will have to wait and see what it brings i guess. have been here before and am fearing the worst tbh.

photographerlady the mws are nice in salisbury too you know!

Runswithsquirrels Sat 08-Dec-12 14:28:16

Well I just had my booking in appointment with a midwife who had such a thick accent (Spanish I think) that I didn't understand half of what she said and she misunderstood me meaning my notes already have sloppy corrections over them. She also told me that all my midwife appointments have to be in a hospital several towns away. I'm not quite sure as to why since there is a midwife unit at the local hospital I went to today. I'm not too impressed at the moment and neither was DP when I filled him in.

BooStar Sat 08-Dec-12 18:37:07

So sorry to those who've had to leave us.
It's so awful watching people drop off, i remember too well how utterly disappointed i felt & how strange it felt to grieve so hard for this potential little person that I was never going to meet.

I'm still feeling very anxious about this one sticking, I wish I still had the naivety I had when pregnant with DS before the MC - I've booked a private scan for Monday night when I'll be 7+5. I'm just hoping that's far enough along for us to see something that will put my mind at rest for a bit at least!

Also was wondering if we might start putting how far along we are to sign off our posts? It makes it a bit easier to see where you are in comparison with others in terms of symptoms etc & what to expect from those further along! I say this but although I found it helpful in the thread I was on for my DS, I always forgot to do it!! grin

7+3

MightBeMad Sat 08-Dec-12 20:09:32

Good ideas boostar.

7+4

wifey6 Sat 08-Dec-12 20:37:15

Like that idea boostar

9+5

MrsWildermac Sat 08-Dec-12 21:00:11

So sorry for all those who have had to leave us...take good care of yourselves.

Had a bit of a scare on Wednesday...constant right sided worsening pain. Phoned Nhs 24 who got me seen by out of hours GP who diagnosed UTI and arranged for me to go to EPAS where we saw a v healthy little bean with a good strong heartbeat, measuring 3 days ahead of where I thought we were. Can't describe the relief.

Symptoms back in full force today!

8+3

photographerlady Sat 08-Dec-12 21:43:34

Geez NHS give me a heart attack. Was out shopping and movies and the hospital called eight times leaving messages finally they caught me mid cinema (i was returning calls but the return number wasnt the one I needed) and said I had very low blood sugar. They even stopped at my house! Needless to say I have to drink apple juice and if I feel ok just go in Monday. Could they scare the life out me anymore /rant over

photographerlady Sat 08-Dec-12 21:44:18

P.s. thanks for the advice on salisbury

ArkadyRose Sat 08-Dec-12 22:00:31

Excellent thinking, boostar.

7+3

Calmisthemantra Sat 08-Dec-12 22:46:37

Had my early scan this morning (£75 in Reading area) - was so sure there wouldn't be anything there but there was a little jiggling baby shaped lump with a good heartbeat of 183grin Felt like I could breathe again after unnecessarily worrying about missed miscarriages. However I think my dd (10months) has slapped cheek so now I'm just worrying about the potential risks of that to the babyhmm

Calmisthemantra Sat 08-Dec-12 22:46:56

Oooh

9+2

dinkystinky Sat 08-Dec-12 23:13:45

Hurrah for good scans!

Have just had tube ride home from theatre on a super stinky tube train and have discovered I have developed pregnancy nose - you know, where horrid smells stay with you afterwards nd make you feel sick. Oh joy.

No idea how many wks I am till my Scan on Thursday. Quite looking forward to finding out when I am theoretically due.

flyingsprocket Sun 09-Dec-12 09:24:03

cheese I'm the one with the booking appointment on 21st, appointment twins we are!

squirrels sorry you didn't have a good experience at yours. Do you know any women locally who've had babies & see where they've had their appointments

flyingsprocket Sun 09-Dec-12 09:24:53

Oo I meant to put my date at the end of the last post

6+5

OhGood Sun 09-Dec-12 10:13:02

So sorry Rancer

photographer what does low blood sugar mean other than apple juice? Is it going to be an ongoing concern or just a one-off?

calm respect - my DD is 2.5 and I am knackered - don't know how anyone with young 'uns is coping. Hope it's not slapped cheek, though. Having one already means we're going to be exposed to all those mad odd childhood diseases - had not thought of that <new source of worry>

dinky me too! I can smell dirty hair at 20 paces and it stays with me ALL DAY. And I can smell Lenor clothes softener from a mile away. One of my best friends uses it and gave me a hug the other day and I retched. Nice. Shame, she had look of horror.

OhGood Sun 09-Dec-12 10:15:04

Just adding myself:

QuinandThem - 1st July
CottonSocks - 1st July
Cutandstick-2nd July
Persuasion 2nd July
Bessie123 - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup- 3rd July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
BB01 - 4th July
Thinkingof4 4th July
OhGood - 5 July
Runswithsquirrels - 7th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
TheQueensChristmasDinner - DC5 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th July
wifey6 - 8th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
Emblosion 12th July
Thundercatz 12th July
Twirliedobbit -DC4-12th July
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Princessllama dc 3 -12th July?
Bodice - 13th July
Hai1988-14th July
Tashtastic- 14th July
Littleflower888 - 14th July
Mizar - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
Paolocee - 17th July
photographerlady - 18th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
Chocolateteabag - 18th July
missmaybe - 18th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Niktasha 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 22nd July
Butterflyexperience - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Grannyapple-24th July
Boostar - 24th July
ArkadyRose - 24th July
YikesHereWeGo - 25th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Marimama - 27th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

orangebubbles Sun 09-Dec-12 10:23:28

added you in mystery

QuinandThem - 1st July
CottonSocks - 1st July
Cutandstick-2nd July
Persuasion 2nd July
Bessie123 - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup- 3rd July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
BB01 - 4th July
Thinkingof4 4th July
OhGood - 5 July
Runswithsquirrels - 7th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
TheQueensChristmasDinner - DC5 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th July
wifey6 - 8th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
Emblosion 12th July
Thundercatz 12th July
Twirliedobbit -DC4-12th July
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Princessllama dc 3 -12th July?
mysterymeg - 12th July
Bodice - 13th July
Hai1988-14th July
Tashtastic- 14th July
Littleflower888 - 14th July
Mizar - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
Paolocee - 17th July
photographerlady - 18th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
Chocolateteabag - 18th July
missmaybe - 18th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Niktasha 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 22nd July
Butterflyexperience - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Grannyapple-24th July
Boostar - 24th July
ArkadyRose - 24th July
YikesHereWeGo - 25th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Marimama - 27th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

SlouchingPanda Sun 09-Dec-12 10:54:33

Just checking in. My boobs have got a whole lot more sore in the last few days and although I still haven't actually been sick, I have had a few close encounters. I remain completely and utterly exhausted, and I know what you mean about pregnancy nose, dinky. I had to shield myself from someone's coffee breath - these things never bother me normally.

Calm, not only are we date twins, but I am pretty close in location to you too (assuming you had your scan in the Reading area because you live there!!). Have you seen your GP about the slapped cheek?

Feels like I am in limbo-land as everything happened for me at 6 weeks (booking appt, early scan) and just hanging on for dating scan soon after Christmas. Hopefully all is well in there smile.

9+3

Calmisthemantra Sun 09-Dec-12 11:31:57

Slouch - hi date buddygrin I am indeed in Reading! We only suspected slap cheek yday and it's already really gone down. Was planning on ringing the docs tomorrow but I don't know now. May just ring up and see what they say

Ohgood- it's not too bad with dd at the moment. She's really good at entertaining herself, she's just learnt to pull herself to standing so that keeps her pretty busy.

Got so excited about a sausage sandwich this morning but could only manage half of it and now feel really sicksad

9+3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now