Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 IX: Cruising to Christmas with burgeoning bumps

(981 Posts)
Sheldonella Fri 30-Nov-12 08:22:31

Thanks sarahs999 for the lovely new thread name smile

Old thread here

No 9, can you believe it grin

pinkpeony4 Fri 07-Dec-12 14:33:37

The canula was totally fine if i'm honest, I could still move around etc.. and only had g&a for the labour. I hope yours increase.

Rainbowbabyhope Fri 07-Dec-12 14:46:02

pink my experience with a canula was torture last time - took 12 attempts to get one in by four different members of staff. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced and it looked like I was sitting in a blood bath afterwards. Have permanent scars on my hands and up my arms from all the attempts. No idea why they had such a hard time getting it in (unfortunately I think it was sheer incompetence) but next to that pain nothing else would ever phase me again so maybe they did me a favour!

pinkpeony4 Fri 07-Dec-12 15:49:13

Oh wow that is horrific!! No wonder you would never want another one.

That's horrendous rainbow. I had a cannula in for DDs birth and for my ERPC and didn't have any bother.

DH came home from work at lunchtime so have been asleep all afternoon with, fingers crossed, no trips to the loo since then. Got up now for a few hours and then hoping to start back on some food in the morning. Feel absolutely washed out, walking anywhere is a chore, but I think and hope I am over the worst.
Thanks ladies. X

OctoberCarrot Fri 07-Dec-12 19:40:29

Greeting lovely Marchers. Hope everyone is doing well. Had a great night last night but Ds the scamp woke at 4 and would not go back to sleep. He is in bed since 6:30 and I am doings few things before I hit the hay too. Exhausted. 27 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying. Hope everyone has a lovely evening. Oc x

LaurenCaddy Fri 07-Dec-12 21:28:50

Hi all,

Been away past 2 days so trying to catch up so bare with!

rainbow That's sounds awful. I had a cannula when i was in hospital, and they are the most awful sore thing ever. And having to go to the toilet whilst being connected to things constantly. So awkward to sleep as well. And whenever it got flushed, or put liquid antibiotics in it, it hurt so much!

thetramp I too had an unimpressed look when i traveled for 1 hr 20 minutes to the consultant, to be left waiting for another 1 hour for him to say, your well, i've just got to weigh you!! I very nearly punched him. And then he said my blood pressure was high. His face when my reply was: Maybe its because your a joke mate. Made me smile on my journey back. Pregnant lady scorned. I spent the whole journey back wondering why the midwife couldn't do that.

Had a midwife appointment today. My 2nd ever one! My tummy is measuring 26cm, on the high side of the average but all good/normal. Booked my whooping cough jab and got my birth plan pack.
Suffering with terrible cramps in my legs when i wake up and feeling sicky recently, but beside that can't complain!

Got my 4d scan on the 18th Dec, counting down the days now :D

Hope everyone is well and ready for christmas, 17 sleeps yanoo.

Em2010 Fri 07-Dec-12 22:45:23

Hello Everyone! Just placemarking as finally got my phone back and connected to the world again. Hoorah! Will hopefully catch up with the thread this weekend!

OctoberCarrot Sat 08-Dec-12 03:46:49

Feeling v sorry for myself. Awake half the night ill. Norovirus. I could cry. 16 months since I've seen my niece and nephew. They arrive home today. Here is hoping I rally a bit to at least see them.

OctoberCarrot Sat 08-Dec-12 03:47:38

Feeling v sorry for myself. Awake half the night ill. Norovirus i suspect. i could cry. 16 months since I've seen my niece and nephew. They arrive home today. Here is hoping I rally a bit to at least see them.

zoeymlucas Sat 08-Dec-12 07:57:13

Morning ladies and bumps grin
I actual managed some sleep last night and feel somewhat human this morning smile DH and both DS's are still snoozing so laid in bed watching my belly move like mental as little man is clearly awake and dancing a dance grin
Sorry to hear your poorly october and hope you get some sleep and manage to get a second wind so you can see your family

Am off shopping today to get last presents and DH said he wants to look in jewellers for the type of diamond earrings I like- my hinting has paid off shock so have a good day ladies x

mandasand Sat 08-Dec-12 08:05:20

Morning ladies! Sorry I've not checked in for a while. It's been a busy week with work, trying to move things forward whilst also dealing with two deadlines that I extended to this week just gone (one of which I have still failed to meet and I lost most of my work on it yesterday … but found it in some obscure archived recovery folder at about midnight so I spent the day both v. depressed and then ridiculously happy before bed!)

Off to teach my last tutorial with my Open Univ students thins morning. Not technically on maternity leave with them til 1 Jan, but still it's a blessed relief not to have to do any more marking till next autumn!

So much to catch up on…

flowers Thanks everyone for advice on boiler. DH has done further research and now realises this ££ is the norm! Really looking forward to getting it replaced so we can sort out that cupboard and get a tumble in there now (funny how having kids makes you think 'oh bugger the environment!') The government pot for grants has run out unfortunately and won't be up and running till 2015 (if at all). Bad timing!

October sorry you've got the lurgy sad Hope you aren't quite so bad today, especially with family arriving.

Lexi how is that horrible cold? A teaspoon of whisky in my lemon and honey 'hot toddy' was the only thing that got me through mine recently.

Ethel any better today?

Sorry for all others who are feeling pants.

Sarah raising an imaginary cocktail to you and baba passing the 26+6 mark. That must feel good smile

Jealous of your Betty's trip, Em!

Hope you've got some good photos of the northern lights, Lanny.

Enjoy the in-laws, Pink!

Everything fine here. Excited at prospect of hitting 28 weeks on Tuesday. That day I have growth scan and consultant appointments. And with twins at 28 weeks I'm supposed to be as big as a singleton pregnancy at term! Bloody hell … heading into unfeasible territory! Babies are making bigger movements now - glad I've only got to get to 37 weeks!

mandasand Sat 08-Dec-12 08:05:55

xposted, Zoey - enjoy your shopping trip! smile

Em2010 Sat 08-Dec-12 08:07:46

october and ethel really sorry to hear about your dodgy tums! Not fun and so disappointing when you've got better things planned!

zoey am super jealous of your diamond earrings! Sounds like a good day!

Am off for my 4d scan in Leeds this morning. My mum is looking after ds so we're going to do some shopping and lunch afterwards! Grown up time grin

Hope everyone else is ok and has nice days planned x

theTramp Sat 08-Dec-12 10:02:46

Oh you poor thing. NV no fun at all. Hope you're being well looked after. Sadly it's a 48 hours worth of being contagious thing isn't it. So home, bed, nearby bathroom, lots of fluids with those packets of salt & vitamin replenishers and a good book.

Well done on milestones everyone.

Manda - phew! I'd have been distraught & then euphoric. Hate it when that happens!

eigmum Sat 08-Dec-12 10:05:27

Gosh can't keep up but great to hear your news!

mandasand Sat 08-Dec-12 14:45:55

Yippee last tutorial over for my Open Univ students. Feels one step closer to babies now I've got that and the last batch of marking out of the way!

And we got our tree this morning - smells lovely! First one we've had, as we usually go up north for 10 days over xmas and new year, but this year peeps can come to us as I am now very much like a beached whale smile

Oh Tramp I was pretty depressed yesterday - all day - about the loss of work. Worse than normal as there feels so little time left now. And it was a really solid piece of writing that it would be difficult to conjure up the brain power for again. But the excitement and euphoria is so great that I may take the whole weekend off!

Happy weekends all, and hope those who are suffering can take it easy and get better very soon xx

HermioneBoo Sat 08-Dec-12 19:57:10

I've sprained my ankle and I've no idea how! So frustrating as I was looking forward to having a useful weekend, all week I've been really tired and had hip pain whilst walking and rib pain while sitting down. Pain was so bad on Thursday I had to leave work early so I could lie in bed! Woke this morning full of plans to get Christmas decs up and found my ankle swollen and very painful to walk on.

Poor DH has been running round the house doing chores and he even did the supermarket shop (I usually look after all the food buying and prep, he hates driving and cooking isn't his forte), he's just made his first lasagne that's in the oven now and is berating himself for not doing more! There's nothing I can say that makes him realise how much he's done today, he's so anxious and worked up. Not really helping my mood, I'm bored and frustrated cos I can't move about much and I'm anxious because BabyBoo isn't moving anywhere near as much as normal - anyone else's baby not as active at 25 weeks? Normally she's got a routine and she's really active. I daren't say anything to DH - he was in tears last night when I told him my concerns, he was so worried about her. I have a Doppler and her heartbeat is still strong so I'm not worried enough to contact MW yet.

Sorry to hear about noro virus troubles, my friend had it last year and looked horrible (well, sounded horrible, obv. Didn't see him!) and hope it won't be too long til you see your niece and nephew again.

Ooo a Betty's trip, I went there on Tuesday, to the one in York and bought the most divine mince pie I've ever had and some Christmas tea that makes the house smell lovely. It wasn't too busy on a Tuesday either, glad I took some annual leave to go up. However I didn't dress appropriately and was freezing cold and damp for much of the day! Silly me!

zoey coooo! Diamond earrings! How lovely smile

OodKingWenceslas Sat 08-Dec-12 20:04:21

hermionie do you have a Physio? If not get referred on Monday, don't let stuff get worse

Sheldonella Sat 08-Dec-12 20:09:26

Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting much but I've tired myself out sewing! I've had a relaxing few days but ended up calling the hospital yesterday about the pressure I've been feeling. I was relieved to finally get someone to pick up the phone and they reassured me.

hermione mine has quiet days every now and then but I can usually get her to move by lying on my back. Sorry to hear about all the pain.

Also sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hope it all passes quickly.

LaurenCaddy Sat 08-Dec-12 20:17:12

Just marking my space - Watching X Factor getting my James Arthur fix. If Christopher Maloney wins, i won't be on for a few days because i'll be off hunting him down, and ripping out his voicebox ¬¬

Have a nice evening y'all smile

sundaesundae Sat 08-Dec-12 21:13:19

Hermione, sorry about your ankle and your worry, you poor thing. I am 25+1 and been a bit worried about having a couple of quiet days, I have an anterior placenta so I try not to worry too much.

This evening I have been kicked the shit out of, so all good. Sometimes it seems I get loads of bladder kicks and cervix kicks instead that I have to think about to notice. I have an app on my phone that you can record kicks on, so maybe that would help to reassure you that it isn't as quiet as you think?

Christmas tree is up, we got a smaller one and I am not entirely happy with it, but it is nice. Made dinner, hubby loved it, I didn't like it, so another low food day. Does this matter? I have lots of stored fat for the baby to eat!

Currently sat on the sofa with my two beautiful sleepy cats while DH plays linux upstairs. Saving Xfactor for tomorrow smile

zoeymlucas Sat 08-Dec-12 21:25:22

Hmmmm I must be the only person in the country who don't watch the x factor EVER! I love the dancing but can't stomach the x factor so DH normally watches it and I slop off to bed to watch a DVD.

Sunsae I didn't eat my dinner either so am now eating a box of scottish shortcake in bed from the Xmas stocks hmm

Sorry to hear about your ankle Hermione but lovely to hear your DH is looking after you so enjoy the rest.
Bump went crazy this evening and was laid on sofa and DS1 and DH sat and watched him for ages! DS1 loved it and was talking to bump and feeling the kicks as well as watching him, he then offered to rub my back as he thinks I must be tired having that going on inside me all day - I am training him well for when he is all grown up and married grin

Congrats on finding your piece of work amanda and glad you found it before bed so could relax better, just a pity you had the stress of thinking you lost it in first place!

Took ds2 to see Santa today, DS1 stated at 10 he isn't silly and was not visiting Santa, well my normally crazy and people loving 1 year old hated it and panic'd and held onto me for dear life and when I tried to get up he cried and refused a picture to be taken- not quite how I planned it!

zoey no you're not on your own; can't abide x factor, love strictly!
Just catching up will write more in a bit.

Hope you're all ok.

hermione get that ankle checked out if it doesn't improve. Also have some v cold water and see if that helps with movements.
Where about are you? Just asking with you saying you'd been to york!

I'm loads better thanks, went to bed at 8 last night and got a good 12 hours and then have had a quietish day at home today writing cards and watching crap on tv.

Am knackered already so might be going to bed very soon!

OodKingWenceslas Sat 08-Dec-12 22:17:04

I'm another SCD not X-factor!

hermionie was it you that wanted to reduce the running around at work?
This might be your chance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now