Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A thread for conception friendships to be rekindled

(67 Posts)
BelissimaLol Tue 27-Nov-12 19:44:27

Got my bfp yesterday after mc in July. Am in complete shock and am hoping some of my old friends will come and hold my hand!
Nic, pear, frustrated.... Anyone else? I'm lol by the way. Slight name change!

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:54:21

Yay Lol grin good to hear all is well!

CatchingMockingbirds Mon 03-Dec-12 17:18:13

That's great Belissima! You must be on cloud 9 right now grin have you told many people yet?

pear I think my nickname on the mc thread was pedanticpanda smile

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:19:50

Ahhh yes Panda I remember you smile hello!

CatchingMockingbirds Mon 03-Dec-12 17:22:27

Hi, how are you and tinypear doing?

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:26:03

Good thank you. I panic at the slightest twinge which is maddening but things are going OK. How are you?

MrsBri Mon 03-Dec-12 17:52:23

Excellent news, Lol :-)

My MS appears at all times of day / night. Threw up just before leaving work! I'm a classy bird. :-)

It hasn't been awful though, just a touch annoying. I'm very good at throwing up and moving on as I'm normally too busy to dwell on it! My sister thinks it's hilarious that I'm comforted by sick though, as I like to know the hcg is running round my system.

Are you ill yet? Mind started at about 6 weeks with just all day nausea. Took another week or so to actually be sick!

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 18:12:27

I've not felt sick. Been so hungry an eating like a horse!
I'm relieved its not ectopic. One positive step forward.
Oh pear I can see myself being like you on the worry side. DH won't let me buy a Doppler though which is probably a good thing lol.
How many weeks are you panda? Can't remember your new name!?

CatchingMockingbirds Mon 03-Dec-12 18:27:53

I'm the same pear, every time I get some ligament pain I panic. I've felt small flutters though so hopefully I'll start to really feel the baby move about and will stop worrying so much. I thought about getting a Doppler but it would probably make me more paranoid if I'm constantly checking so decided against it.

Belissima I'm 14+5 now and get to find out the gender in January grin the pregnancy itself has been tough though. I had awful ms and was ill for the whole of the first trimester, the pregnancy has made me anemic too and I have pelvic girdle pain so walking, sitting, lying down (or anything really!) is painful. A tumour on my kidney was also picked up on a scan in the first weeks of pregnancy and the consultant said that pg causes tumours to grow so that's causing problems too. But I'm still so happy to be pregnant and can't wait to hold my baby.

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Mon 03-Dec-12 18:28:15

Yay for scan lol grin

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 18:36:42

Frus do you have what the future queen has??? Or yours just plain ms?
If you were less than 12 weeks and I didn't know your real name I would think you are kate grin

CatchingMockingbirds Mon 03-Dec-12 18:59:07

I just seen that in the news belissima, "an acute form of morning sickness." Isn't that hypermesis?

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Mon 03-Dec-12 19:06:33

Yeah they're the same thing mockingbird

Yep lol same thing, but mine is less severe, but I think I got on the meds early enough before it got too bad. (But having had 2 before and being on here I think I knew it wasn't right, ms shouldn't stop you functioning, and I wasn't function properly, luckily I had a sympathetic dr who didn't let it get really bad before prescribing something for it.

BelissimaLol Tue 04-Dec-12 07:54:35

Frus do you have to take these meds throughout pregnancy? Does it ever end? Must be a nightmare.
Thanks for the idea of looking at pics online pear. When I saw the black blob on the scan and the sonographer nodding I knew it was ok -- and cried--
Nic I'm not sick yet. I'm hoping I won't! Is that possible?

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 08:23:36

Pear hasn't been sick, Lol. And mine isn't that bad. Could be far worse! I find it reassuring though. But I'm weird!

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Tue 04-Dec-12 08:29:30

Just as long as the sickness lasts lol which isn't yet. As I still feel nauseous if I take them late. Fx it ends before 20wks.

peardrop2 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:33:23

No sickness from me. Most of my friends haven't had ms and have had healthy babies so it doesn't worry me now smileI'm not even sure if its genetic. MIL had no ms with DH but my mum had bad ms with all her children.

BelissimaLol Tue 04-Dec-12 18:47:20

Girls how many people have you told before the 12 week mark?
I told my mum who lives abroad (sent her photo of test!) and my 2 closest friends. I also told my SIL who I love and had to tell my boss yesterday due to scan. We plan to tell DH parents at Xmas if all is well.
Also doc said I had to tell my dance teacher. I told her today and she wants me to take a break from classes until January. I'm gutted cause I was supposed to have a medal exam in 2 weeks but I need to follow her advice.

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 19:41:20

I've told a fair few people, actually...easily into double figures. Just have to hope it remains ok, I suppose.

Scan a week today, so at least I'll know. My bump is planning to take over the world and keeps growing, so I'm assuming the baby is still growing!

BelissimaLol Tue 04-Dec-12 20:06:56

How are you hiding bump at work?! I wear a uniform and it will be hard! Can't start on the maternity line until its all out.

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 20:09:03

Badly! Tight shows it but baggy accentuates what I'm hiding! :-/

peardrop2 Wed 05-Dec-12 08:18:00

Lol before the 12 week mark only my mother new and then at 10 weeks my parents in law and one of my sisters knew. Everyone else found out between week 12-16. As of yesterday everyone close to us knows!

BelissimaLol Wed 05-Dec-12 16:36:26

Two girls in my branch have already clocked on. I've only got myself to blame really with a reputation for loving the booze and am not drinking at 3 work Xmas parties! There is only so much antibiotics one can be prescribed!

MrsBri Wed 05-Dec-12 17:58:06

Women clock on really easily too! Not much you can do, sadly :-/

CatchingMockingbirds Wed 05-Dec-12 18:55:12

Before 12wks only dp's uncle knew as he's s doctor and he thought my doctors were incompetent for not giving me an MRI so we had to tell him they couldn't because I was pg.

BelissimaLol Fri 07-Dec-12 18:37:47

How exciting! Midwife app on 21st dec and scan on 22bd jan! Getting a little bit excited.
Nic what time is your scan on tue??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now