Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A thread for conception friendships to be rekindled

(67 Posts)
BelissimaLol Tue 27-Nov-12 19:44:27

Got my bfp yesterday after mc in July. Am in complete shock and am hoping some of my old friends will come and hold my hand!
Nic, pear, frustrated.... Anyone else? I'm lol by the way. Slight name change!

Ellie092 Wed 28-Nov-12 08:27:18

Congrats and all the best I hope all is and goes well <3

Hello old friend. <holds hand firmly> how are you feeling? Has the ms kicked in yet?

BelissimaLol Sun 02-Dec-12 19:27:07

Hey hun!!! Long time no see! No ms yet. Feeling massively hungry and tired all the time. Boobs extra sore, having to sleep with sports bra!
Currently alternating between fear of mc and fear of ectopic. Lovely.
How are you? How is your ms?

Wish my ms would just do one. But the anti-sickness meds work most of the time, unfortunately they make me sleepy which doesn't help the feeling knackered all the time
Gee I sound like a moaning Minnie.

Sore boobs sounds positive, can safely say that that will pass. grin

I'm so excited for you, you must try not to worry, this isn't your perfectly placed sticky bean.

(Ps nic and pear are in the Gemini thread)

Aah meant to say this is your perfectly placed sticky bean.

BelissimaLol Sun 02-Dec-12 21:30:14

Haha glad your corrected yourself! Maybe show nic and pear the way here and we can all catch up.
I can't help but panic. But hopefully after the next two weeks I will get calmer!

CatchingMockingbirds Sun 02-Dec-12 21:53:57

smile hello there and congrats, we chatted in the mc thread after my mc in August, I think my nn was pedantic. I'm 15+4, have had my scan and there's a happy bouncy little baby in there. How far along are you?

CatchingMockingbirds Sun 02-Dec-12 21:55:21

Oh frustrated is Pear pg too? That's really great.

BelissimaLol Sun 02-Dec-12 22:01:04

Hey I remember you too!!
I only found out I'm pg last week. I'm 5 weeks today and driving myself up the wall.
Think pear is the one furthest along of all of us!

CatchingMockingbirds Sun 02-Dec-12 22:33:27

That's so great belissima, will you be having an early scan? I waited until my 12 wk scan and was so nervous, but then when I had it I was told I could have had an early scan done at the EPU instead of worrying all that time.

BelissimaLol Sun 02-Dec-12 22:36:53

I haven't decided yet re early scan. I will speak to doctor tomorrow and see what she says. At the moment I'm not keen on having a private one but if they refer me then why not!
Why did they say you could have had one? Because you had a mc before?

CatchingMockingbirds Sun 02-Dec-12 22:53:09

Yes it was because of the previous mc. I had no idea that I could have had it otherwise I'd have taken it.

MrsBri Mon 03-Dec-12 06:28:46

Hi Lol! There you are :-)

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 07:31:21

Hey nic! How are you? When is your scan?
I managed some sleep but now have pain in my arm and am back on the ectopic panic confused

MrsBri Mon 03-Dec-12 08:23:53

I'm good :-)

I had that fear too...think it was the corpus luteum though. Or ovary you ovulated from.

Scan is a week tomorrow. Can't wait. Need to know it is all ok.

Try not to worry too much (do as I say, not as I do!). Worrying is very normal though.

I have days where I really don't feel pregnant and panic. Then it all comes back later / the next day. Pregnancy is just inconsistent! Which doesn't help us ladies. :-/

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 10:04:56

Congratulations LoL yay grin I had sore boobs and extreme hunger and things so far are good so I would say you're showing positive signs! However, because of my little ectopic scare at the start I worry all the time and DH is trying failing to wean me off the Doppler so I completely understand how you must be feeling. I know a mc experience is a lot worse then what I went through so I think you're doing very well so far. Give yourself a pat :-) I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and have a reassurance scan on Wednesday which I'm very much looking forward to...2 more sleeps!

Mockingbird have you had a name change? I don't remember your name :-( but to be honest baby brain has seriously kicked in recently so I'm forgetting a lot of names!

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 10:14:53

Hey pear! I knew it was a good move to get chatting to you guys again. I feel better already.
Well I'm at the doc and she referred me to the EPU because of the mc and also because I'm having some ovary pain. I'm terrified but I suppose its a good thing.
Pear how far gone were you when you had that scare? Could they see anything in the scan?

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 11:13:50

It was my left ovary that had a little harmless cyst on it that caused me pain from week 1-6. The sonographer said it would sort it self out which I think it did because the annoying nagging pain stopped. It wasn't a breathtaking pain but it did worry me. At scan 1 I was 3 weeks pregnant (1 in real life) and saw a black shadow where the yolk was forming. At 6 weeks we saw a sac with yolk. At 8 weeks we saw a sac with a wriggly worm which was the embryo and at 12 weeks we saw baby with hands and feet. If you google scan at 5 weeks you will be able to see what it might look like. That's what I did smile

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 11:57:38

Lol when are you getting your scan? Today hopefully?

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 12:01:24

Scan at 3:10 today. I'm so scared!

MrsBri Mon 03-Dec-12 12:05:50

Fx, Lol xx

peardrop2 Mon 03-Dec-12 14:30:00

Good that you will be seen today smileThinking lots of positive thoughts for you!

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 14:31:58

Thanks girls. I'm terrified but know its best to find out now if there is something wrong. I'll let you know later x

BelissimaLol Mon 03-Dec-12 16:19:42

Had the scan and all looks normal for 5 weeks gringrin
They will rescan me in 10 days to check progress. I'm so relieved!
I have a cyst on right ovary despite pain on left. They said its the stretching!
How are you all today? Are you over MS yet?
Thank you for holding my hand xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now