Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

GaryBuseysTeeth Sat 01-Dec-12 22:22:44

Welcome Wonder, Eggy, Rainbow, FishTrouser & woose (phew!).

Fish, what I would give to feel like I did when I was first pregnant!
We told everyone at 5wks with DS...we should be telling people at 7weeks ish, but I'm still not very happy with the idea, would rather wait until I was holding a healthy, happy baby to spill the beans!

Christelle, it's frustrating isn't it? That all the symptoms that something could be going wrong are the same you should be experiencing now anyhoo!
I'm not feeling v.pregnant (last 2 I was in bed by this time) but 'every pregnancy is different' GAH!!

Silver, hope you get the house back to yourselves soon, it's far too cold atm (typical that all of us will be getting our extra padding just in time for the summer heat waves).
Hope everyone is having a peaceful weekend?

MyWaywardGirl Sat 01-Dec-12 23:01:28

I was FishTrouserElephantInPeking but have decided to have a name change, there was a reason for the name but I'm not sure I want to be known as the shortened FishTrouser!

Gary, I know what you mean about putting off telling people. There will be no Facebook announcements from me ths time! (well not for a while anyway)

I'm exhausted so off to bed... Putting Christmas decorations up tomorrow! Yay! Does anyone else have there's up yet?

How's everyone doing? Anyone else suddenly developed insomnia?

DH is itching to get our Christmas decorations up, but it's too early for me.

I've been feeling nauseated most of the time and struggling to figure out what to eat. Haven't been sick at all though, fortunately. I'm really hoping it won't be obvious when we visit the ILs in a couple of weeks. We're staying for 4 days! I bought some sea sickness bands yesterday & I'm giving them a go to see if that helps. Strangely though, when I start to feel better, all I do is worry that something's going wrong. I can't wait for the scan so I can relax a bit.

littlemisstax Sun 02-Dec-12 10:37:21

Can I join? BFP last night smile

Will be DC no 2. Due 17 August, but DD was three weeks early, so we'll see! No symptoms yet other than the constant feeling of nausea that I had for six months with DD (although I was only sick 4 times during the whole pregnancy)

nicnicw Sun 02-Dec-12 12:19:23

hiya !!! got my bfp 16th november .. . due 26th july so thought i would be better joining the august ladies.. im in my 6th week now,
i love the fact im pregnant but the early symptoms are making me miserable sad
had the flu jab on friday as reccomened by my gp so part of my gripe could be that. been off colour bit of a cough and snuffles .. and the usual exaustion on top . i actually was 30 minutes late picking my dd from scholl on wednesday , i fell asleep on sofa.. was proper embarrassed

Sugarkane Sun 02-Dec-12 12:21:21

Hi everyone can I join? According to last period Im due the 28th July, but I think its after that so I thought I would fit in best here.

This is DC 4 for me, I have DD 4, DS1 3 and DS2 8 months. Have a few symptoms but nothing major atm. I haven't told anyone, (apart from 40 odd women from last anti natal group) and doubt I will be telling family this side of Christmas

nicnic79 Sun 02-Dec-12 12:29:45

slight name change from nicnicw cos decided to change my surname soon lol so still me !!

RainboxFX Sun 02-Dec-12 13:01:30

Thank you for the welcome! We are understandabley a wee bit terrified. So sorry there seem to be so many others who have had sad experiences in the past.

I am only 4 weeks along but so far insomnia, too hot and cramping pains! If this is anything like my last pregnancy I predict morning sickness will kick in Christmas day! Joy smile

Looking for advice as well, I do a pretty physical job with a lot of driving and heavy lifting (like 14-18kg boxes quite regularly). At what point do you think should I tell my employer? I don't want to be the hysterical woman who goes a bit odd when she is barely pregnant but don't want to take unnessecary risks at the same time! Will call for a Doctors appointment tomorrow as well, I am going to be very closely monitored this time round and I am still not sure that will entail.

How is everyone doing this weekend?

Silver15 Sun 02-Dec-12 13:51:45

Hello Ladies,

Welcome Nic, Myway, Littlemiss, Wonder, Sugar and Woose.

I'm excited the club is growing so fast. Glad to have you all on board.

Gary, I have a bit of respite today but the builders are back tomorrow. Will be at work though.

I woke up today with a fever and flu. I feel really poorly but I don't want to take time off work so early in the pg. A colleague mentioned that my clothes look tighter so time off will be telling. I still intend to keep it a secret till after the scan. I still have the cramps as well. My GP appointment is on Tuesday so looking forward to it.

Wow Sugar it number 4 for you. It's DC3 for me and yesterday found myself wondering how I will cope with all. DH is quiet supportive though.

bluishmist Sun 02-Dec-12 15:06:57

Hi all

Can I join? Got my bfp 10 days ago, due 3rd august I think. First pregnancy, first time trying ai with a known sperm donor ( we are same sex couple) very shocked it worked as I had two failed ivf attempts last year.

Mrsd77 Sun 02-Dec-12 16:15:07

Hi there. Can I tentatively stick my toe in?! Am 4+3. Already have one DS and had a missed mc in May at 12 weeks that turned out to be partial
molar pregnancy. Trying to not be petrified and DH thinks posting on here may be helpful as I've been lurking on conception boards for ages!! I have an early scan booked for 6 weeks. Eek!!

woose Sun 02-Dec-12 16:56:40

I have told quite a few people about pg so far. I am not sure why really. I think it is because we weren't even tic and so I was so shocked. Saying the words has made me believe it could be true. However, the last time I did that (tell people before being 12 weeks) I had a mc so I feel like I have made a mistake telling people. Also, it has not really helped me to come to terms with things. Me and DH have hardly spoken about it at all. Everyone knows it was an 'accident' I have DS 6 and DD 4, and had always said I wouldn't have any more because DH really didn't want any, even though deep down I did. I am so confused and emotional.

Mummyin2012x Sun 02-Dec-12 18:47:03

Hi all, so glad I found this thread' I am 4+2, ttc for over a year so very happy to finally get my bfp (or 6!!! - is anyone else a compulsive POAS'er???!!)
Already told my mum, dead, OH mum & a few friends, want to keep schtum a bit now!
Only symptoms so far are sore boobs!
When do you all plan on telling your work?

Hi mummy and all the other newbies smile I am possibly about 6 weeks, but cycles have been a bit weird, so really waiting for my scan to find out... I never used the OPKs, but managed to get 8 BFPs, which I think means that I am definitely a compulsive POASer!

Only DH knows about the BFPs - we are going to get Christmas over and done with first I think. We have 4 kids to tell, and no idea how they will react (DSSs are 10 and 8, DCs are 8 and 7) but really hoping they will be happy.

I have the ridiculously heightened sense of smell, bursting into floods of tears and sore boobs symptoms, but other than that, not too too much. My main struggle at the moment is my general mood. I came off anti depressants when we started TTC (mid September) and now I am finding things getting to me a bit. We have a lot going on with house renovations, and the DSSs have been pretty awful to me recently; coupled with ridiculous amounts of work it is quite stressful.

Seeing my GP tomorrow to get the midwife referral, and will mention my mood as well - just see if she has any good ideas as I don't want to go back on ADs again. Hoping that I don't have to wait too long - mainly wanting a scan so I can find out when I am most likely due. Will tell work once the scan is done I think - my job is desk based so no health risks, but once I have told them I get time off for the appointments which will help a lot!

Really hoping that all our beans are super glue sticky!

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 02-Dec-12 20:39:18

My name is(nt) Gary & I am also a POAS addict. I've done 9? 10? the last week. I've got one CB digital left, I'm saving it for Wednesday & hoping to see a 3+ (I know it's not massively accurate but I didn't get past 1-2weeks when I mc @ 6wks so want to get over that hurdle).

((waves)), I was on anti-d's for the few months before I was pg with DS & I had to see the 'high level care' midwives team, meant I got to see them every week (and home visits if i wasn't up for going out) which was really helpful.
Although being told I could anti d's whilst pregnant because they couldn't harm baby, but I wasn't supposed to whilst breastfeeding because they might harm baby was a bit hmm

Welcome & congrats littlemiss, nic, sugarkane, bluish, MrsD and mummy!

Rainbow, I would let them know whenever you're comfortable tbh, just incase you're not comfortable heavy lifting or are getting knackered quickly.
Have they got anything in place which says pregnant employees need more breaks or something?

nicnic79 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:14:48

my close friends and family know I'm pg and all very pleased . only my ex husband to tell but that's not pressing till after 12 weeks . I'm fairly confident about being pg I choose not to think about what ifs . I am actually registered disabled due to mental health . stopped all other psyke med . except my anti ds . I'm fairly stable so manageable . still have some bad days but nothing that out of the ordinary. got plenty of professional support if I need it so no worries . pg planned down to the last dot . . the fatigue gets me down . and flu jab has made me a bit poorly. but other wise no complaints positive thinking is the key !

nicnic79 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:19:38

a good book that always helped me cope with my thoughts is by dale Carnegie . it was published 1948 it was my dads but you can still get it . how so stop worrying and start living . has some great methods of dealing with stress and coping skills . relaxation helps too

Stopsittingonyoursister Sun 02-Dec-12 22:41:26

Hi Everyone, especially all the new people! We are getting a big group already!

Rainbow- once an employer knows an employee is pg, they should do a specific risk assessment for your job, in consultation with you, so you can both spot the risks and come up with solutions or a list of "safe" jobs that you can perform. If you are worried about the impact of your job, then you need to tell them so they can carry out the risk assessment.

Fortunately, my job is part time and desk based, so not planning on telling my employer until after the 12 week scan.

Have my booking in appt with the MW on the 10th. Round here, you can just ring and request a direct appt with the MW rather than going to the GP first, which is much easier! All starting to see quite real now, although still no symptoms except sore boobs...

Had a "what if Mummy had another baby" discussion with DS and DD yesterday. DD said I could have another baby, but only if it was a boy! I'm thinking we might need to find out the gender at the 20 wk scan, just in case DC3 is a girl - DS might need some preparing for the shock!

DH has been away a lot this last week, working ridiculously long hours and then Christmas Do on Saturday night. Managed to get myself into a real panic, trying to work out how I will get three kids bathed and in bed by myself every night, which was then made worse by trying to sort out where I am going to put everything that is currently in the room that will become the nursery...had to sit myself down and give myself a stern talking to!

Hope all those with other health issues are OK, it's a worrying enough time already xx Woose - hope you can work through the emotions, and you and DH can start talking again soon xx

Vixjane Sun 02-Dec-12 22:48:18

Hello waves

Please can i join you? Got my bfp this morning so only 4+1 due 10 Aug 13 and very nervous after a miscarriage in August. We've decided not to tell anyone till after new year (although family members may guess at xmas!).

Congrats on all your bfp's
Vix x

Christelle2207 Sun 02-Dec-12 23:18:04

mummy i have also been ttc my first for over a year. this was my first cycle of clomid so kinda scared there may be two!!!
also a poas addict, have done 6 so far and noted the darkening lines.
plan not to tell anyone for as long as possible, apart from dh.

Hi ladies - marking my place, got tentative bfp on Sat, then a stronger one y'day so just really hoping it sticks! My cycles are a bit irregular but i'd guess i'd be due around 11th Aug. This is no. 2 for me (DdS will be 3 on 30th Aug next year!), have been ttc since March, had mc in July, so v nervous this time round. Also I've had HG both times i"ve been pg and it usually kicks inaround 6 weeks so just nervously (& strangely...hopefully!) sitting round waiting for the extreme puking to start...right before xmas lol Better have an early turkey dinner while I still can!!

vixjane - sounds like we are kind of in same boat! hard to tell ppl ur pg again after a recent mc but also hard to avoid telling them, esp at xmas!!

woose Mon 03-Dec-12 08:19:35

Wavesandsmiles: Hi there. I am also trying to come off anti-depressants and I am struggling. I am on citalapram and the doc told me this was not a good one to be on in pregnancy. I have had a really tough weekend. I am thinking of trying to phone doctor today. I will be interested to know what the doc says to you. My doc before said I could have an early scan to put my mind at rest but there are no appointments at all. I don't see the mw until 19 Dec. I have no idea how I am going to get through the next few weeks.

We are also doing house renovations and we have no kitchen at all at the moment, just a microwave, washing up in the bath etc. This has been the situation since september. It is doing me head in!!!

Thanks for the words of advice Gary and nicnic, and woose I will let you know what my doc says to me. I was on citalopram when I was pg with DS (now 8) and was treated as high risk as a result. I just came off fluoxetine (prozac) and kind of wishing I hadn't, so will see what the doctor says. Am in a right panic as my mood is completely unregulated at the moment, and I am spending a huge amount of time hiding in my bed which is not good. I really need to get this sorted as I can feel myself falling into a pretty bad place, and can't let myself go there, for the sake of DCs, DH and the little bean. Fx the GP can let me know if it is safe to go back on something, and maybe sort out an early scan to avoid the ongoing panics.

In terms of the house renovations, I also totally sympathise woose. We have a kitchen (sort of) but the downstairs electrics are proper dodgy so anytime a pan boils over it fuses everything. I am mostly hating the lack of bathroom - we have a teeny shower room that works in the attic, but I am hating not being able to chill out in the bath!

Welcome again to anyone with brand new BFPs - I guess we should try and get some stats together, but I have nooooo idea where to start with that!

beckie90 Mon 03-Dec-12 09:13:23

Hey may I join too? Got my bfp Friday due date is around 7th of Aug but think it may come up bit later. This will be my 3rd I have 2 boys already xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now