Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

FoofFighter Mon 31-Dec-12 12:33:50

gosh, ten times a day?? have you been to see the GP to see if they can help?

Here's to 2013 ladies, hope it's a good one for us all x

Ten times a day! That's hideous you poor thing. I thought my constant nausea had left me but seems to have raised its ugly head again. Clearly nothing compared to what you are going through!!

Happy New Year's Eve all! Hope you all get through it without strangling an annoyingly drunken family member!

MrsPennyapple Mon 31-Dec-12 12:41:50

Hello, just stopping by to wave at everyone, as I haven't much to tell. I'm even wondering if I am actually pg as there is just nothing happening!

Mrsd77 Mon 31-Dec-12 12:58:22

Thanks for your concern folks. I was almost as bad with DS. Seeing midwife to book in on Thursday so will mention it then.

Yvonney Mon 31-Dec-12 13:07:32

mrsd77 hope it settles down for you smile
I'm now choked with the cold and coughing like mad so its a good excuse for me not drinking. Hope everyone has a fab new year with a bottle of Shloer! Looking forward to a healthy & blooming 2013 for us all! wink x

beckie90 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:32:56

mrswajs yes its number 3 and the last one aswell lol. There will be the same age gap between my oldest and middle and then between my middle n the youngest. Ds1 was 2.4years when ds2 was born, and ds2 will be 2.4 when this one is born, I must like that age gap xx

zen1980 Mon 31-Dec-12 16:50:37

hey everyone just wanted to say here's to a Happy New Year to you all and cheers to the next stage of pregnancy grin
Well I spoke to the midwife this morning she was lovely and said not to worry everything sounds normal for what I experience in pregnancy and hopefully it's things settling down! She also said my standard should be along soon so glad I have my dc 3rd bday coming up to keep us busy an passing time!

LouiseD29 Mon 31-Dec-12 18:10:00

Hi everyone - can I join? Due August 15th and have known for just over three weeks. First time for me, and DH and I are excited and nervous. Actually it's just me who's nervous -DH is practically bouncing off the walls!

Anyway, congratulations and happy New Year to everyone on this thread - 2013 is going to be an interesting year!

RuckAndRoll Mon 31-Dec-12 19:35:50

welcome louise same due date as me smile
hope everyone has a very happy new year. 2013 is going to be a bit special for us all!

Happy New Year all....Goodnight, I can't stay awake a second longer xxxx

MrsWajs Tue 01-Jan-13 03:37:48

Happy New Year to everyone! grin brew all round unless you're off it

Happy new year ladies, please can I come in?! grin
Due 21st August but think that will change to later as my cycles are quite irregular- am still in shock that it happened so quickly! Haven't had much nausea- just a bit when I'm hungry- but my boobs are soooo itchy and tender. DP is like a kid in a sweet shop being told not to touch- they have grown a cup size already but really don't appreciate being touched! Got a scan date for the 7th Feb but still no booking app as I just moved GP and they haven't got it together yet- am going to call the midwife direct on Weds and try to get one then. This is all very exciting, our first, just hoping we can make it to 12 weeks- but it really does feel like a very long time from here. Really sorry to the ladies that have had to leave- common or not, it's heartbreaking and it sounds like there are some pretty insensitive Drs out there...
Don't know anyone who is pregnant in RL at the moment- although I'm sure that could change- so looking forward to sharing the journey with you all!

Mayanbob Tue 01-Jan-13 09:34:47

Hi everyone! Currently my estimated due date is 14th August but due to irregular periods I think that'll go back a bit. Got my BFP on 10th dec. time is going sooo slowly. Congratulations to all those expecting, and sincerest thoughts for those who've left. This is our first - whilst terribly exciting I am also v. Nervous. Symptom wise, not too much except trouble sleeping and The Most Horrific Constipation on my first day back at work (sorry if TMI). Managed to get through New Years hiding not drinking! DH is being wonderful. Want to tell everyone but can't and looking forward to taking this journey! Looking forward to seeing you around xx Ps- uk ladies who had first appointment with GP, how long dud it take to get booking/ scan appointment?

beckie90 Tue 01-Jan-13 10:12:53

Happy new year everyone, we can now officially say our babys are due this year smile

Welcome to the new ladies and congrats on your bfps xx

Silver15 Tue 01-Jan-13 16:36:02

Happy new year and welcome to the new ladies. No easing of nausea. I'm 10+1 today so was hoping that symptoms would have eased by now. I also have difficulty with sleep. I'm back at work next week but not looking forward to it.
Mayanbob, it took me 2 weeks to get both my booking and scan appoints.

Mayanbob Tue 01-Jan-13 17:32:38

Thanks Silver - hope your Nausea eases soon. Hopefully I should know by the end of next week then. My GP advised sucking ice- no idea if it works tho. Good luck with return to work and hope you have understanding colleagues! X

Im v nauseous too!! I had prper HG when pg with DS so im relieved to be not quite as bad this time but its still bad - so dizzy i cant really drive confused so u hav my full sympathy!! Not back at work til Monday (joys of part time!) but DH nack st work on Thurs and nervous about coping with our v lively 2 yo DS on my own feeling like this!!

Had quite a lot of spotting / bleefing a couple of weeks ago and cos i had mmc in summer they are keeping an eye on things this time around so have another scan 2moro at 8+3 - had one a fortnight ago and things were ok then but obviously a lot can change in 2 weeks so keeping fx

FoofFighter Tue 01-Jan-13 18:44:02

Snow good luck for tomorrow smile

Welcome and congratulations to the new BFPs grin

Managed to sleep the last two nights but that was more as I was up and out and about a lot more than normal, and last night was out till 3am!
I should imagine normal insomnia service will be resumed shortly...

8 weeks today smile hoping everything is still ok in there, as snow says though just because I saw a hb on a scan last week doesn't mean everything will stay that way, roll on 10th for booking in with MW then will get my 12 week scan through the post quite quickly after that so I can decide if I want to have a private scan in between or if I think I can last that long.

Happy new year everyone xxx

Chuckaluck Tue 01-Jan-13 19:37:33

Got my scan appt yesterday for 21st Jan and I will be 12+2 then. Am excited but nervous already! Got my booking in appt tomorrow. Midwife is coming to the house so better go and flick the Hoover round blush !!!

Mayanbob I had my biking appointment with the midwife and she gave me a number to call after 7 days to make my own appointment for the scan do I could make sure the time/date suited. That seems to he the way a lot of the appointments are made around here.

FoofFighter Tue 01-Jan-13 20:39:26

Mayanbob - in my area the midwife contacts the scanning dept for you, and they write to you with an appointment which you can go on to change if necessary.

greenj1 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:06:03

Hi can I join?! Im due August 5th and so happy to say my baby is due this year lol!!

RuckAndRoll Tue 01-Jan-13 21:16:17

mayanbob things are done a bit differently up here in Scotland it seems. When I saw the GP I was given a number to phone to register myself with the midwives and make appointments for booking in and first scan. Saves the GP a job.

welcome greenj

JollyOldChristmas Tue 01-Jan-13 21:23:14

I'm in Scotland too Ruck, but my last pregnancy the midwife did the first scan booking and this time she seems to be doing the same thing. I have my booking in appt at home on Friday and my first scan will be around Feb 7th. I will meet the consultant at 30 weeks apparently.

FoofFighter Tue 01-Jan-13 21:59:21

Scotland too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now