Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

Christelle2207 Thu 29-Nov-12 09:50:08

A very tentative hello from me. I got my first ever bfp on Tuesday after 1 yr TTC #1. This was my first cycle of clomid. My EDD is I think about 7th August - i'm not even properly "late" yet.

Took another test this morning (am on internet cheapies) and it was darker than tuesday (this morning was FMU, Tuesday wasn't) but not very much - anyone else got experience of this?

I have been having mild cramping for about a week now - just like AF coming though it never did! Also intermittent boob pain.

Ideally we would tell everyone at Christmas (perhaps after an early private scan) however we are booked to go skiing at the end of Jan so more likely to tell when back from that. Was not planned this way! Too late to cancel so going to go anyway and take it very gently and stick to the gentle and quiet runs and if I don't feel like it just have a nice week in the mountains. I have not fallen over skiing for years so am more worried about people judging me for going skiing than actually skiiing when pg - my mother mostly hence not wanting to tell her.

On a more pressing note though what about the blinking work Christmas parties and not drinking excuses? We actually have two, a client one which is tonight which is ok because will use the driving excuse as have early client meeting tomorrow. The 7th is the biggie though and it's always really lairy - what are others doing?

Welcome to all the new BFPs grin I have the sore boobs, feeling sick, and achey and needing to go the toilet alarmingly regularly!

We aren't going to tell people for a little while - probably til after the first scan.

Christelle - we are off to Scotland and hoping to get some skiing in on the Nevis range early January - also planning to take it easy and if I don't feel like snowsports, I will happily drink hot chocolate whilst DH and the DCs are speeding about. My Christmas do is on 7th as well. I am going to drive, and say that I have early plans on Saturday as my excuse. For when we have family round over Christmas, I have invested in some becks blue, and may get some alcohol free wine so I can appear to be drinking smile

In terms of the ICs, I did 6 tests with them, and got varying degrees of darkness, so I bought an FRER which straight away was a dark pink line, and the next day I did a CB digital which came up with the magic words pretty soon.

chocolatesolveseverything Thu 29-Nov-12 10:35:33

Hello all,

Congrats to all the new bfpssmile

So far I've avoided alcohol at parties by saying I'm feeling under the weather (which is true!) I have a reputation for often going without a drink anyway so it doesn't seem to have raised suspicions yet...

Christelle2207 Thu 29-Nov-12 10:50:41

Hi waves so relieved im not the only one contemplating skiing!!

i have also bought a digi but not going to use before the weekend as they are less sensitive than the others ive been using and i wont be officially late till tomorrow.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 29-Nov-12 11:38:09

Congrats on telling everyone Shiney & getting the first appointment out of the way.
I would bring DH along to the first appointment, they'll ask about family history of illnesses/problems with childbirth & your family background (if you've got Asian/African/Caribbean/E.Europe roots your blood will get extra tests for things like sickle cell)...I was so nervous first time around I don't think I could've given them my name!

Welcome everyone new!!
Hippy, hope you avoid hypermesis this time around!
Christelle, the day before the Xmas Do, could you develop a terrible headache which means you don't want to drink?
Or you're going straight from the Do to stay over with family?
Anything other than 'I'm on antibiotics & can't drink'...that just screams pregnant lady!

As my mc was last month, we didn't think I'd get pregnant again so soon, so booked our family holiday for next Sept. Will be fun with a 1 month old (hopefully).
DH has agreed to us going for an early (private) scan, so will book that next week.

No real symptoms here yet, although I've gained a 1lb(!). With DS I gained about 20lbs in the first 6-7 weeks & then nothing until about 30wks.

GBT We also potentially have a family holiday with a newborn to look forward to - mum's given us a week in a cottage in the Lake District as a late wedding present. Was going to be the 4DCs, DH and I, but fx we will have a very tiny new addition to take along as well. Due to be travelling on 24 August, so hoping that I have an early August arrival!

Shiney what was the reaction to your news?

Christelle2207 Thu 29-Nov-12 11:58:57

blimey waves number five! thats amazing.

It's only DC3 for me, but I have 2 DSSs who are with us over 50% of the time! So, effectively, will be number 5 for the family. My biggest worry is the fact that our youngest will be nearly 8 when LO arrives, and I don't think I can remember ANYTHING about babies or toddlers confused

BraveLilBear Thu 29-Nov-12 12:28:17

Hello everyone! Congrats on all the BFPs grin

I passed a milestone yesterday (the ppoint where I lost my last pg) and this morning got a 3+ on a CB digi so I'm feeling more confident than I was...

Skiing or supping hot chocolate all cosy sounds fun! We are heading to Greece in May for a friend's wedding, will be c. 29-30 weeks then, which hopefully be manageable.

Am very worried about <not> drinking - especially around my family. Think I will take some non-alco wine/schloer and ask other half to pour it for me in the kitchen. I'm planning to tell immediate family, but we often have more extended family around as well and I'm not sure I'd want them to know just yet!

I've just realised that we're due to be at BIL's wedding in France around the time this baby is due. (no idea about how pregnant I am yet, hoping the scan will reveal all). Not sure if this'll mean DH going alone or going with a newborn. eek.

Congrats BraveLilBear.

Christelle2207 Thu 29-Nov-12 12:45:48

good news bear. i said to dh last night that i wanted a nice week away somewhere warm may/june, greece would be perfect.

Silver15 Thu 29-Nov-12 17:26:53

Hello ladies!

Welcome to all new BFPs.

Nothing much happening with me so I will just lurk around today.

wonderwomanislost Thu 29-Nov-12 19:14:43

hey guys, can i join you? We have been trying for years! had a mmc last month so very scared at the min blush I got my first faint positive yesterday, so fx!!

I have one dd 11, it is sooo scary, but exciting grin

hey hippy I also get severe hypermesis so can sympathize sad

wonderwomanislost Thu 29-Nov-12 19:16:05

oh and should be due 10th aug wink

DD is the 5th and Im the 10th grin

Silver15 Thu 29-Nov-12 20:31:16

Hello ladies,

Welcome wonder.

Just wondered if someone can help put together our EDD stats. I'm on my phone so I can't. These can be amended once we get confirmation by scans.

Thanks in advance

zippyrainbowbrite Thu 29-Nov-12 20:53:33

Hi all!
(waves at all new BFP's!)

I had my GP appt today - she makes my due date 31st July. Other than that she just took my BP, gave me an info pack and told me to book an appt with the midwives - bit of an anticlimax really! grin

Am feeling v. tired, but have had a restless couple of nights - poor zippy dog has cystitis (I cried in the vets when he told me, am feeling a bit emotional!). Her antibiotics seem to have kicked in today though so I'm hoping for a better nights sleep tonight!

EggyM Sat 01-Dec-12 07:53:08

Hello everyone I would like to join please!

I am due 2nd August I think.

Like a few others on here I had a miscarriage 11 months ago at 6 weeks, but then a scan showed a load of complications from an appendix operation I had 20 years ago so I ended up having quite invasive surgery and having to have my right fallopian tube removed.

So the last year has been hell and I am so thrilled that I have finally got pregnant again with just one working tube. But quietly thrilled as am also so nervous that something will go wrong again.

duende Sat 01-Dec-12 09:13:31

Welcome Eggy and everyone else. Congratulations! Eggy, I imagine you must be nervous but fingers crossed you will be absolutely fine this time, having had the op.
we're at centerparcs this weekend, its unfortunately raining ATM but trying not to let it dampen our spirits.

RainboxFX Sat 01-Dec-12 14:12:13

Could I tentitively dip my toe in this thread? BFP this morning, due date of August 13th (ish).

This is number two for us after a neonatal death earlier this year.

Excited and terrified in equal measure.

Christelle2207 Sat 01-Dec-12 14:57:24

Welcome newbies. rainbox so sorry for your loss all the best for this one x

Silver15 Sat 01-Dec-12 19:16:04

Welcome Rainbox and Eggy.

Must have been tough for both of you. Fx crossed this will turn out well.

I have been stuck in the same room with DCs all day as I have builders around. It was too cold for me to go out and I was desperate for some rest after a hectic week at work.

Hope yo weekends have been better.

FishTrouserElephantInPeking Sat 01-Dec-12 20:28:23

Can I very nervously join you lot please? I got bfp today and have a due date of around 5th (although due to irratic periods I expect it to go back a bit).

I'm freaking out a bit tbh as I had a miscarriage earlier in the year and I am so worried about it happening again. I see a few of you are in the same boat, it's tough to let yourself get really excited isn't it? I miss the naiveity of when I was pregnant the first time round when I never thought anything could go wrong!

Christelle2207 Sat 01-Dec-12 20:32:05

Hi fish I haven't had a mc but was TTC for over a year, it's very nerve wracking isn't it.

Sorry for all those who've had losses. I'm nervous enough as it is.

Anyone else crampy? Really worrying me, I can't sit still without feeling strange things going on down there.

woose Sat 01-Dec-12 21:02:01

Hello, can I join too!! I have due date 31/1 August. This is number 3, a total surprise, I am in denial a bit and my DH is not that thrilled to say the least. I definitely think I will be in need of support. I have been to doc and I have first mw app on 19th Dec.

Congrats to all of you!!

I don't have too many symptoms yet. A little worried about that! I have a few cramps and slightly sore boobs. Very tired climbing stairs etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now