Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

Bund Sun 30-Dec-12 06:28:09

Hi can I join? Like Ms Wajs I'm due the end of August (25th). Had BFP on Christmas Day. Took me 10 days to pluck up the courage to tell my partner that I thought we might need to do a test. We both want to have a baby but we just moved in together (literally conceived our first night in our new home) so it's a wee bit sooner than expected. Had a feeling I was pregnant due to v sore (and growing larger by the day) boobs. Just 5+5 so trying not to get too carried away. Went to the drs the other day & got clear impression she thought I was there far too early. She told me how common miscarriages are sad. Oh well. Fingers crossed for us all.

Bund Sun 30-Dec-12 06:38:06

Ps hope that didn't sound insensitive for those who have just miscarried. It's what I'm most worried about so v sorry for what you are going through.

JollyOldChristmas Sun 30-Dec-12 07:49:10

MrsW I was on the April 2011 babies too. Ds was born 21st. I'm just a serial name changer!

The due date I've got is Aug 24th but I reckon the scan will push it back as I have long cycles. It might even be into Sept! But, as I'm having an ELCS, baby will likely be an August one anyway.

Sorry to hear your news MrsH and Monthly, hope you are both feeling better soon.

MrsPennyapple Sun 30-Dec-12 08:20:08

Morning all. Congratulations to new BFPs!

Zen1980 You pretty much summed it up yourself there. There's no way of dresing it up, you're playing a waiting game. Bleeding may or may not mean mc, there's no way to know just now. I guess all you can do is see if you can get an early scan?

Bund Your GP sounds like a right charmer. I always thought you were supposed to go as soon as you knew you were pg, so I was there at 4wks! GP was fine about it though.

8 weeks today for me. Really would like to tell some family, but daren't due to mc at 9 weeks last time, which we didn't find out til the 12 week scan, so we're keeping it zipped until then. Only DP and the doctor know!

Sugarkane Sun 30-Dec-12 09:40:40

So sorry to hear your news monthly and mrshende

Hi, sorry I haven't posted for ages, there wasn't much to say as I was pretty symptomless but feeling definitely pregnant now. 7+1 today, and struggling with morning sickness which I only ever used to get very mildly in my other pregnancies so feeling this icky all day all of a sudden is a bit of a surprise, it came on pretty much on Boxing Day, if its not nausea because I'm hungry, then it's nausea because I've eaten! going food shopping and cooking seems to be near impossible. I just look at the food and groan. Bleurgh. In bed now with toast. There's a huge pile of Christmas choc which I can't bring myself to touch hmm probably for the best though!

Monthly, sorry to hear that, Take care of yourself.

beckie90 Sun 30-Dec-12 09:51:52

mrswajs and jollyoldchristmas I was also on the April 2011 thread smile

So sorry on your sad news monthly and mrshende*

foof congrats on your scan smile huge relief isn't it.

Just been catching up on all the posts, not looked on in a while, felt shockingly horrible.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas xx

LoveBeingAMrs Sun 30-Dec-12 10:32:18

Sorry to hear about the recent losses! :-( fx 2013 will be your year!!

Thanks gary & chocolate for advice!

mrswajs im due on 24th aug (only according to my app, no dating scans yet) but my family always have babies 2 weeks late so sure ill be on the thread longer!! :-) x

I am so sorry monthly and mrehende - I hope you get plenty of support, here on MN or in RL.

I am feeling very bleurgh with fainting and nausea. Having issues with DH as well so not feeling too happy at the moment, and a bit unsure for the future. Just trying to keep taking things a few hours at a time. Am waiting for a referral to psychiatric services as my depression has returned with a vengeance and my GP wants to avoid my going back on ADs. However, my referral was about 4 or 5 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything yet sad

Nothing much on our agenda for NYE - quite glad to be away so we can avoid the parties and not have to make up excuses for alcohol avoidance. Hopefully my scan will be soon (dates wise I think I am 10 weeks today) and we will have good news and be able to let people know. Fx!

Percephone Sun 30-Dec-12 13:46:01

Bund I think they say that to everyone, I was told that by both GP and midwife!

Also was told I have to go to the midwife led unit whether I like it or not and don't seem to have any choice in the matter. It means I can't have drugs or epidural there! angry Is that usual?

3sthenew2 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:31:19

James I'm 7+1 as well but no symptoms AT ALL. I had terrible nausea & tiredness with my other 2 so feeling abit if a fraud on this site atm. Should be thankful although I don't want to tell anyone until 12 week scan so really hoping I don't start when I go back to work next week. Think I'll have to use the I'm on antibiotics lie for New Year's Eve!

3sthenew2 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:34:56

perce that does sound unusual, is it your 1st baby? I have always had a choice as it's all gown to risk levels & pain relief. I'm hoping for midwife led unit this time as I was homegrown there in 2 hours last one.

LexiLoganberry Sun 30-Dec-12 14:43:28

Sorry to hear your news monthly and mrehende, hope you both have good news in 2013.

Went to a party last and seemed to get away with not drinking without any one paying to much attension.

Cramping has reduced a bit, but to be honest I worry when I'm not cramping as well, but I'm going to look on the positive side, I have other symptoms so that's surely a good sign. I'm 5+6, due 26th August.

3sthenew2 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:56:12

That meant to say home from there in 2 hours ( thank you predictive text!)

Percephone Sun 30-Dec-12 16:06:38

3sthenew2 yes it is first baby, so wasn't sure what to expect. Midwife said I can only go to consultant led unit if she finds a reason for me to need consultant input. I think I'd rather have doctors around in case there's a problem! However it doesn't look like I'm allowed to choose that option.

JollyOldChristmas Sun 30-Dec-12 16:13:17

How far apart are they, Persephone? In our hospital they are in the same building and when I needed medical input in my last labour the doctor appeared pretty damn quickly!

Percephone Sun 30-Dec-12 16:22:06

I'm not sure exactly how far away it is. Hopefully not miles away! She said you have to be transferred if you need 'proper' pain relief. However I can imagine once you're there they won't want to transfer unless absolutely necessary.

Percephone Sun 30-Dec-12 16:23:57

I'm not sure exactly how far away it is. Hopefully not miles away! She said you have to be transferred if you need 'proper' pain relief. However I can imagine once you're there they won't want to transfer unless absolutely necessary.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 30-Dec-12 16:39:54

I am so sorry MrsHende, sending you best wishes.

Spent yesterday dizzy with waves of nausea, and a very upset stomach, sorry tmi! All gone now but the fatigue remains. Am going back to work soon after annual leave, can't imagine having the energy. I have done nothin but sleep.

Percephone Sun 30-Dec-12 16:40:39

sorry about double posts!

RuckAndRoll Sun 30-Dec-12 17:09:40

monthly and mrshende sorry to hear your news.

I've been reading lots but not posting. Feeling queezy and concentrating on a computer screen makes it worse. Not looking forward to work restarting, for the first 3 weeks back I'm driving at least 2 hours each day for work (on top of 8 hours days) and being away from home for most of it.

Percephone at least you know where you'll be giving birth, I was asked when phoning to make my booking in and scan appointments which of two hospitals and a MLU I wanted to go to. Said I didn't know yet and got told I had to choose and couldn't change it.
Since chatting to a few friends I've found out it's totally irrelevant where you say and 9 times out of 10 you phone or turn up in labour and they transfer you elsewhere as they're full.

Hope everyone starts to feel more human soon.

When I booked in with the midwife I was told that I have 3 options: home delivery, midwife led birthing unit or the hospital (another town). She really seemed to be pushing the home birth and said the normal thing is for you to call the midwife when you're in labour and they visit you at home first and then you either have a home birth or they take you to the midwife led unit, or you can go to the hospital. She was very pro-home birth & apparently they have the highest/one of the highest home birth rates in the country.
There is no way I'm having a home birth. I want doctors and especially paediatricians available. The pain relief issue is secondary, but the possibility of an epidural if I want/need one is a pretty good argument for a hospital birth too.

MrsWajs Mon 31-Dec-12 04:03:02

Oh hello Jolly and beckie smile How bizarre that we all meet again on the August '13 thread! Obviously a good age gap to have wink

Jolly I remember when littleJolly was born and still remember his name! DD was just 4 days after him. My EDD is between 25th and 30th depending which website you look at but my cycles are usually 32 days so I'm guessing it's more likely to be the 30th for me. The Drs will no doubt tell me it's the 25th so guess I'll just have to go by that until I have my scan. I could guess at which day we conceived as there aren't as many opportunities to dtd with a 1 year old but either way it was 5 days apart so I'd still be stuck with the same possible dates!

Beckie Am I right i thinking this is number 3 for you? Sorry haven't read back through the whole thread!

What a cheery sort your GP is Bund just what you want to hear! I haven't been to GP yet as working and they've been closed for Christmas etc but planning on going either Friday or next Monday when I'll be between 6 and 7 weeks. I did go last time at what I thought was 6 weeks but I was only really 4 and they were fine with it, just asked me if it was planned!

Perce I don't think we have much of a choice re: MLU or consultant led but I've know people to request consultant care and it has been allowed. Our MLU is 35 miles from nearest big hospital though so can understand some peoples apprehension. I'm happy to go MLU again this time around as had straight forward pregnancy and delivery last time.

lexi I'm the same as you roughly date wise I think and not having any symptoms at all other than occasional cramping. I remember quite vividly last time willing morning sickness to come on so I could feel really pg and then as soon as it arrived wishing it would bugger right off again, so trying to enjoy feeling normal for the time being!!

Worrying about how I'll hide the fact at work once MS kicks in as I'm a nurse so can't wear my sea bands at work and am dealing with a lot of bodily fluids(!) which really aren't helpful when feeling crap!

MrsWajs Mon 31-Dec-12 04:05:32

Just read that back and should say perce that by "we" I mean me and DP not "we" as in all of us on here! I'm sure it differs from area to area.

Mrsd77 Mon 31-Dec-12 12:22:51

Hello all. I too have been checking in but not posting as not had much to say. I echo the sickness issue! I'm still going for it at least ten times a day and makes little difference if I'm empty or full. Shreddies have become a bit of a life line!
We are heading to friends for new year. There will be eight of us and only one bathroom so DH has dug out the emergency sick bucket! Bless him!
Hope everyone has a lovely, sober New Year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now